I have a friend who scratched his Glock Gen4 slide

I have a friend who scratched his Glock Gen4 slide.

It’s barely freaking visible, and he keeps crying about it.

Does anyone actually give a fuck about their gun being scratched/scuffed?

Pic unrelated

Attached: 14F2C2F9-868E-4453-A330-B9B75AAA1F7A.jpg (4032x3024, 3M)

If I scratch my gun I get pissed because it was probably incredibly stupid and I feel like a dumbass.

What a faggot a glock finish is very good and it’s cheap as shit.

Had him send me a photo. It’s fucking minuscule. He’s being a fag.

Attached: image.jpg (4032x3024, 2.21M)

nope i like the scratches.

your friend i a huge faggot, its not a fucking lambo its a tool, you think a lumberjack gets mad when the paint wears off his new chainsaw?

This

Hes a retard on multiple levels. Its a glock, not a fucking pristine condition all parts matching luger bringback. If hes really that booty tickled then he can spend a couple hundred on a new slide. On another note, wear on a gun shows character. Personally I love it but never go out of my way to make artificial wear on any of my guns. If it gets scratched, it is what it is.

Yes I bought a Glock specifically for the reason that I wouldn't give a fuck if it gets scratched or banged up. I'd have an autistic fit if my grandpa's .22 gets scratched though

I worry about scratching optic glass. I would maybe care about a really deep scratch but the small surface ones are nothing.

It gib personally

Attached: 01AF96B1-FAFA-4A09-A41E-53C9521C3A79.jpg (570x587, 81K)

Idgaf about modern production. If I'm using it there will eventually be holster wear/dings and scratches anyways. Plus rattle cans are cheap.

C&R stuff is different but you guys knew that.

Attached: received_1192756117583442.jpg (720x1280, 104K)

>Does anyone actually give a fuck about their gun being scratched/scuffed?
For carry pieces? Lolno. Thats about the same level of autism as if you cry because your black S-Biner gets mirror polished by the keyrings it holds.
And to be quite honest: I dig a well worn carry gun

Scratches are a sign you aren't some safe queen owning pussy, means you use your stuff. Tell him to get the sumbitch hard chromed if it bothers him that bad.

Attached: 9B46FE1B-5AA1-4F37-93E4-D059ACC04206.jpg (450x600, 83K)

Tell him to oil his gun.
If that "scratch" persists, tell him to rub it with brass wool and oil.
The new finish they are putting on glocks is smoother but less resilient to superficial marring.
>which is what that actually is

Nig

I dislike scratches but if they happen they happen. I am still pissed about a massive gravel scratch on one of my rifle stocks that was in great shape before I let my friends shoot it.

it depends. I don't buy perfectly new guns, so I don't really worry about it. I know other kommandos who flip shit when they get one tiny scratch or mark.
is right though
scratches mean use, and it's pretty hard to cross the line from scratch to damage.

I can understand if you have a show gun or something that is special though.

Attached: 1560125728385.jpg (1200x790, 312K)

It's good practice to deliberately scratch your gun after purchase, so you can at least say the first scratch was intentional.

Attached: 1553227071002.jpg (700x700, 143K)

Well worn glocks are sexy, your friend is a fag

Oh no his gun looks like he used it. What a baby. Finish wear is a mark of pride, it means the gun does stuff other than sit in a safe.

Only if its some collectible milsurp or something

used syrup looks cooler, imho.

Attached: hipointc9innativeenvironment.jpg (583x384, 43K)

All guns get wear marks. Tell him to stop being a little bitch.

Not like the scratch is going to change the operation of the gun
fucking disphit idiot

I have a 19x I use and carry everyday it looks way better than the one my friend bought at the same time. he keeps his in a safe and is really gay

Tell that faggit to go to the range and don't come back until he has put at least 10k rounds through it.

Attached: typical army M9.jpg (800x412, 56K)

What a fucking pussy.

My G19 was in a motorcycle that was stolen, police later found the gun had been ditched in the everglades. I knocked off all the orange rust on the slide and the locking lug on the barrel and it's still kicking.

Your friend is over concerned. Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the tenifer process underneath the black coating and resilient as hell? basically this scratch is purely aesthetic.

What? Fuck off nigger that's retarded

Gay

Maybe on an old or antique gun, or a 1911 because then everyone knows I'm an idiot, but otherwise nah, you're going to have scratches and wear on any gun that you actually use.

Yeah but if you bought a milsurp in nice condition and it gets fucked up it sucks because milsurp with banged up stocks can just be bought for cheaper if you want something that can be used more utilitarian

He's crying over that?