So is it safe to say that drones are obsolete now?

So is it safe to say that drones are obsolete now?

Attached: RQ-4-Global-Hawk.jpg (1000x557, 272K)

Other urls found in this thread:

breakingdefense.com/2018/08/usaf-wants-drone-swarms-ai-to-buy-space/
breakingdefense.com/2014/10/who-pulls-trigger-for-new-navy-drone-swarm-boats/
breakingdefense.com/2014/01/bird-dogs-drones-terminators-swarms-the-race-towards-robotic-warfare/
breakingdefense.com/2019/06/army-buys-9000-mini-drones-for-squads-rethinks-ground-robots-for-2020/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

delete your retarded thread

no

No because if that was a Spyplane, it is Gary Powers all over again.

You could have posted any number of actually contributing subjects. You could have asked about something productive. Hell, you could have started a thread about historical operations that OG history channel would have covered like the Alsos missions.

But no, you posted this dumb bullshit.
I hope you fucking hate yourself

No, only amerishit pig scrapmetal rusted junk.

Drones are designed for permissive airspace. Our drone was shot down in a space it wouldn't have been operating in had there been any inkling of threat.

t. drone

>operate nearly 11 thousand drones
>lose a couple
>suddenly obsolete, according to internet autist
cringe

>giving a logical response to an obvious bait thread
Who’s the internet autist now?

>240M
Why don't they just buy a plane

>11 thousand drones
Dude, 7 thousand of those are handheld RQ 11s.

No, because losing a drone isn't that big of a deal.
Sure, they cost money, but there isn't someone sitting in it that dies and depending on the type of drone they are dirt cheap.

>operate nearly 11 thousand drones
How many of them cost $200 million, jingoistic redneck amerishit?

How? Isn't losing them not being a big deal the whole point of unmanned vehicles?

Well, there’s 42 Global Hawks built with another 68 Tritons planned to be built. So a lot.

you, and anyone who posts anything on any Jow Forums board ever

/thread

Who cares? We can afford it.

Fair enough.

>lose drone costing more than russia and chinas entire combined military budget
>dont even give a shit
yeah, if I was you Id probably be jealous of americans too

>42
>a lot
Lol.
Cope harder.

>Still drones

How many late 90's drones would a country even need though? And how much of its purpose is overlapped with thousands of other drones? I mean, it's an expensive piece of equipment from my perspective, but I don't think anyone actually cares in the grand scheme of things. I think that's why Trump chose not kill 150 Iranians, because it was just a drone.

It isn't cheap and now the enemy might be emboldened to shoot them down whenever because you have demonstrated that you don't really care.

Attached: 1561075503375.jpg (200x329, 20K)

Can someone explain to me what are drones?

People who voted for drumpf.

how can people really buy this kind of bullsh!t? cyber attack? please kid

This.

>41860130

Found the OP. Everyone go home. Nothing interesting to see here.

t. drone /thread

Minus the Gary

>42
>a lot
>Lol.

That's more drones than that Khordad-3 IADS has missiles* m8.

>*36 FYI.

42 is a lot more than your country has m8. Doesn’t even matter what country you’re from lmao

Attached: 62BAEC28-239D-46F1-8DA0-C75AA50ED03A.jpg (972x638, 62K)

how much does the US has expended on a trained combat ready operative by the time it has a chance to be taken out?
the goverment has some sort of obligation to the family of said people?

Yeah there's pay to the family and stuff. If you are asking training costs, iirc a US fighter pilot is worth around $5 mil after the total cost of training. Housing, flight hours, basic training, advanced training (flight school) etc. Our pilots get a ton of training and flight hours compared to pretty much any other nation's training flight hours. They also take years to train, vs a drone that was programmed once and shipped out (cuz the UAV operator is safe miles away).

His point was that the drone being shot down doesn't affect the pilot who can easily be transferred to a different drone, assuming there even is a pilot.

Drones and robust networks are the future! Whatever anyone says now about hacking and EW is not going to work for too long.

Drones in the air, in swarms:
breakingdefense.com/2018/08/usaf-wants-drone-swarms-ai-to-buy-space/

Drones in the water:
breakingdefense.com/2014/10/who-pulls-trigger-for-new-navy-drone-swarm-boats/

Drones on land, driving logistic vehicles etc.:
breakingdefense.com/2014/01/bird-dogs-drones-terminators-swarms-the-race-towards-robotic-warfare/

Drones in everyone's back pocket:
breakingdefense.com/2019/06/army-buys-9000-mini-drones-for-squads-rethinks-ground-robots-for-2020/

Attached: Gremlin drones (air-recoverable).jpg (900x420, 51K)

>no people dead
>cool heads prevailed because no blood spilled
bruh moment