I'm so happy that the Army is finally getting rid of this ugly ass camo pattern

I'm so happy that the Army is finally getting rid of this ugly ass camo pattern

>Look at this dude, it's universal camo. The enemy won't be able to see me, even if it's gray and I am in the middle of the woods
>Oh no no no no no no

Attached: ENVG_2036m[1].jpg (599x900, 184K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/VJbd0qdmrAg?t=245
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>I'm so happy that the Army is finally getting rid of this ugly ass camo pattern
>finally
What, 6 years ago?

Yeah but this year the last units using it will get multicam

about 5 years before people get nostalgic about it and ten before its considered best evah then

Only thing this fat ugly thang is good for is to get dyed

shits alright when it gets hella dirty. tbf thats all camos. they should have just started at that level tho

You mean UCP-Delta? which would be UCP if you were in a muddy environment.

DONT YOU FUCKING START

Attached: th.jpg (443x455, 27K)

The camo wouldn't be so bad if they'd just picked different colors. I have no idea what they were even going for with this. It looks like a very misguided attempt at urban camo.

i doubt it, it was hated the moment it released.

Agreed. Russians saw the premise, copied it, and did it better

Also fuck Multicam + Crye. They act like they’re the first at creating a transitional camo when they were neither the first nor the best.

Attached: 2DC31605-E961-426A-9259-B4AC6C7B5B5F.jpg (1000x665, 187K)

>neither the first
Who came before?

>Who came before?

The Nazis, and unlike the United States, they actually did a good job at it.

Attached: Waffen SS.jpg (796x555, 204K)

>I'm so happy that the Army is finally getting rid of this ugly ass camo pattern
>Multiscam

The US Military will continue to remain dogshit so long as ACUs/other services' digishit uniforms remain in any kind of use and the BDU doesn't.

No one will nostalgic about ACUs EVER. They will go down as the beginning of the US military's utter downward spiral after 9/11 to the point where it's a shattered, broken shell of its former self.

Attached: US Military before 2001 after 2001.png (1044x904, 1.47M)

Fort wainwright here. We already extended once. No fucking way we're getting newer shit this year.

top aesthetics

>What mixed Tan,Brown, and Green
Most of these are meme camos but fit the criteria, regardless.

-Rhodesian Bushstroke
-WW2 German Dot
-French/Portuguese Lizard
-Irish DPM

>Special mention
-Aliens USCM camo

IMO, the reason SS Oakleaf works and Multiscam doesn't is because Oakleaf was designed to function as a multi-seasonal pattern that could function effectively all year round. Multicam on the other hand tries to be a multi-ENVIROMENT pattern, meaning that it's expected to work in everything from scorching deserts to jungles, which simply put, is impossible.

Oakleaf was based on a solid concept gleaned from the SS' years of combat experience all over Europe. Multiscam was a dogshit concept thought up by Crye so they could screw over American taxpayers and profit from retarded inter-service rivalries

Attached: yes hello we heard you are hiding a pregnant jewish girl.png (1067x800, 1.97M)

Bro, you can just buy the shit at Clothing Sales.

ACU is the patricians choice of camo

Please stop sniffing glue. It's not even that good at getting you high, it just makes you dumb.

Attached: acu shills btfo.gif (314x284, 1.52M)

>not rocking the faded almost white ACUs

Attached: acu-pic02.jpg (532x690, 124K)

Nigger, if you want to wear white, I suggest you join another army.

Attached: suicide bombers hamas.jpg (400x302, 20K)

And the russians even use a version of that same camo. The Germans truly were ahead of their time.

Attached: 05013877.jpg (466x373, 32K)

wow ku kux klan is really stepping up their game

ACU-My favorite camo

the ayyyys cant see you in it. gonna make a huge come back in the future

Attached: 1554340592346.jpg (468x468, 50K)

That's hamas user

>camo thread
>Forrest shows up
like fucking clockwork

Do you just wait for new camo threads to shit up? Your dumbass boomer posting gets repetitive

>the virgin jackbooted Federal pig in MongoloidPAT who can't even shine his boots (because they're fucking tan pieces of shit)

Attached: MONGRELCAM ™.jpg (2792x1664, 986K)

>the CHAD Klansman in BDU who the ZOGbots can't see until it's too late

Attached: Radical Right.jpg (915x515, 168K)

Wear out date is in September so you better get some.

>compares rangers to fat reservist IRR callbacks

It's not actually a terrible pattern for a conventional army, it was just bad for COIN missions in the ME as well as state side. It was designed as an urban camo, which it would've been great for in a large scale war where concrete rubble would've been common in smashed cities. It's also not bad in mountain environments because it blends well with rock. They should've stuck with BDU/DCU, and kept ACU on the back burner in case it was ever needed.

Not gonna lie, it looked aesthetic when paired with other colors.

Attached: Ranger ACU.jpg (1280x922, 323K)

This

RG, black, and UCP is super aesthetic, even if not effective

>make training grounds nothing but grey buildings
>make camo to match the color of the buildings for the training ground.

genius.

It was an urban camo, so it does actually work in that environment. It's just retarded to pretend it works everywhere.

look at the color of 911 when those building where falling down, or in Syrian in urban combat. ACU works great!

Attached: 1515472874255.jpg (960x640, 233K)

>color of 911

Attached: 48ae4a01ffc014b49d89805ef47c4d8a.jpg (1276x960, 196K)

lol'd

>It was an urban camo, so it does actually work in that environment.
There would have been a lot less hate for UCP if they'd just said upfront "this is urban camo" instead of trying to label it "universal." Still, there are plenty of other designs for urban camo which aren't nearly as ugly as UCP.

Attached: JSF-Tactical-Takedown.jpg (516x842, 98K)

Kek

That looks significantly better

Ultimate nuclear apocalypse camo

USMC T-Block was awesome

Attached: Screenshot 2019-06-21 at 10.52.28 PM.png (514x484, 128K)

Wait could it be a typo somewhere? This whole time it was really "urban camouflage pattern" but some fuckhead typed "universal" instead. It all makes sense now.

Attached: aojoasrbdq601.jpg (736x556, 51K)

Attached: good_answer.jpg (1280x720, 51K)

this

Attached: 1479352949395.jpg (457x639, 63K)

>klansmen who aren’t all fat and covered in hideous tattoos
Never thought I’d see the day

>those filing cabinets
>that ceiling
>those walls
>that exposed wiring
help me i'm having a nightmare i'm back in the S3 shop

Everyone knows this combo was the best and it was the last time all the branches were uniform

Attached: 8C691491-5A12-41E9-884F-BADFA346D00D.jpg (512x384, 127K)

> Be in Iraq
> Multicam works great
> Be in Syria
> Multicam works great
> Be in Tennessee
> Multicam works great

???

oh look a wehraboo

Ever seen it at night under NOD innadesert? Its an amazing camo.

Reminder that we could have had this but some random faggot Colonel wanted to try and get his star

Attached: desertbrush2b.jpg (1008x672, 872K)

>Multicam

Attached: Square-Preview-1000x1000.jpg (1000x1000, 175K)

Or could have just stuck with Woodland forever.

Attached: "M81"_U.S._woodland_camouflage_pattern_swatch.png (800x685, 455K)

I wish the Air Force would have copied the Marine Corps in regards to having a desert and woodland pattern, and using Coyote gear.

Imagine MARPAT/desert MARPAT colored tiger-stripe

Yeah exactly. In Afghanistan our ACU's would pretty quickly take on the colors of the environment and actually blend in pretty well. I don't know if this was by design though, and if it was you kind of have to question the wisdom of it given that hygiene tends to be enforced.

Actually UCP was created because some top brass in the army wanted MARPAT, so he took the pattern and used the three colors that showed the best results in infrared testing and later issued the camo without any field testing afterwards, I'm not joking: youtu.be/VJbd0qdmrAg?t=245

Attached: 1230498712340.png (1280x720, 616K)

You could just dye ABUs if you wished. Bur the so go tigerstripe will still suck because of the lack of a micropattern.

*ahem*
FUCK UNIVERSAL CAMO
BRING BACK THE C O O K I E

Attached: 1502669942928.jpg (1600x1067, 315K)

How many times are we going to have this thread, for the love of god

The pattern isn't what killed the chocolate chip.

It was the material. The entire line was fucking cotton from the 70's and 80's - at least for US mil issued.
Troops in Desert storm had to DX all their uniforms because they literally became so crusty and hard they could stand on their own. The military DX'd a shitton of them. Alot of other militaries have chocolate chip, but what typically happened there is they bought from 3rd parties

Ok Jow Forums
Its time to decide
what is better: the c o o k i e
or the c o f f e e

Attached: 56a7ea6258c32384008b563b-750-499.png (750x499, 980K)

Multicam literally has jungle and desert versions. Oak leaf needed a summer pattern and an autumn pattern on a reversible smock. Not saying the Germans didn't do well, but you're really stretching reality to validate your point.
It's just subdued green, brown, and tan. UCP would never have even been this digital crap if politics hadn't gotten involved. It was supposed to be a pretty effective grass-like pattern.

They are the perfect cadet battle dress, because they are so easily find

Cookie for late 80s/early 90s, coffee for late 90s/early 2000s

Don't let everyone know you mong.

anyone else notice the transition to the german a e s t h e t i c

It didn't occur to them to just make new DBDUs in nylon-cotton mix?

Wasn't the original concept behind the gray UCP is that soldiers wear a woodland/desert/urban/etc. color pattern and all the PALS shit would be in the gray ACU so one set of accessories wouldn't clash too much with either pattern?

Attached: DzMeFbj.png (810x960, 867K)

>saying that the Germans did anything well means you're a wehraboo
Gee, I guess saying that the Centurion was a good tank makes you a teaboo

Attached: 14493624506840.jpg (575x1024, 123K)

>chocolate chip
god tier
>woodland
god tier
>coffee
very good tier
>UCP
Good tier
>Multimutt
shit tier subhuman filth tier.

It didn't occur to him that insurgents generally don't have access to infrared?

I see white BBs on the ground

Classic 2001 brainlet poster

good eye

To be fair that camo is effective at ranges of 300m+. Doesnt really help in broad daylight though.

I gues the position, stance and havin half the barrell out the window wasnt enougth.

I spotted someone from 600+ meters out wearing it

>training with amarican unit one summer in gagtown
>opfor guys keep spotting us from a miles away
>find out its cause shitty amarican camo
>start making fun of amaricans saying their camo is useless
>their ncms think its funny the officers dont
>we get ordered to stop
>we dont
>walking to next objective see gient gravel pit
>every fucking amarican jump in a pile into it yelling "look whose camos uselss now"

>It was an urban camo
It wasn't. It just turned out that urban areas were the only areas that it kinda worked.

The secret to good universal camo seems to be "make it mostly brown, but also have some green" and you're good in most areas of the world.

10/10

That's because they were an offshoot of the Klan: the "White Patriot Party". This and pic related (sorry about the watermarks) were taken at one of their marches in Gainesville, Georgia, around 1989/90. They actually had a couple thousand members at their peak but fell apart by the early 90s.

I'm not going to lie though, I'm seriously digging the idea of woodland being used for a modern "Southern/CS army" or secessionist rebel force.

Attached: WPP rally, 1990.png (817x497, 1.04M)

>havin half the barrell out the window
this, god damn isn't that hard to not shove the fucking barrel out of every god damn window. FUCK

Bring it back!

Attached: Yummy Chocolate chips.jpg (919x605, 95K)

Attached: IMG_1069.jpg (750x673, 120K)

Attached: S10711070-2.jpg (401x500, 181K)

Why not both?

Attached: FDA63006-9428-4A23-8F44-63BC34B5D0CA.jpg (995x1430, 201K)

Based.

This suit is the pinnacle of early 00's culture. We literally thought we would be fighting wars in space.

A classic.

Attached: spot_the_american.jpg (667x297, 120K)

It looks like the flag of a Liberian county.

did you crop out the rest of that M16 barrel because you didn’t want us seeing the orange tip

Americans are like space marines. They aren't even trying to hide and they don't need to