Food during SHTF

How do you plan on feeding yourself once the supermarkets shut down? Home grown? Hunting? You do have enough canned food for at least 2 years, right?

Attached: can1.jpg (1600x1200, 352K)

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/dp/B006VRNEFO/ref=psdc_3774861_t1_B07RYZC8QN
amazon.com/OPTIMUM-NUTRITION-STANDARD-Protein-Isolates/dp/B000GISTZ4/ref=sr_1_2_sspa?__mk_de_DE=ÅMÅŽÕÑ&keywords=protein+powder+90&qid=1561415867&s=gateway&sr=8-2-spons&th=1
dairyglobalnutrition.org/safety-and-quality/shelf-life-and-packaging
doesitgobad.com/does-protein-powder-go-bad/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>canned food for 2 years
i hope you enjoy colon cancer
learn to find food around you
grow a garden you need a 1/10 acre for each person for a year (probably double that for your first year)
I go to the store once a month as it is
but I also live and work on a farm

Attached: 50b.jpg (500x375, 41K)

I'm going to eat local dogs. I got the taste for it and now I eyeball every neighbor walking their pet for a chance to taste again. Please mr boogaloo let me eat just once more.

as a subsistence farmer, he's sorta right, growing stuff (and raising critters) is super easy, potatoes, carrots, beets,squash, all this shit is super easy. Foraging is pretty easy too, buy a physical book tho. study it and put it in your bug out back,
hunting, forget about it, it's gonna be 2 months and the deer and hog problem will be dealt with if most of the people are still alive after SHTF, it's gonna be hard as fuck to find wild game in america.
Canned food is a really good idea but like, seriously today, starting growing stuff and can your own. hunt right now and canned meat, it'll last for like 2 years, every 18 months, eat your cans and refill them.

Attached: Screenshot 2019-04-14 at 8.40.19 PM.png (1169x688, 583K)

I will eat quail and quail eggs while everyone starves to death

Attached: 65613831-480px.jpg (480x360, 31K)

Better get this to survive first
>50lbs rice and flour
>protein powder
>mineral mix
>full vitamin tablets
Calculate exact amounts and stock up some oil and flavor spending shit like instant curry, dry beans and corn

Some canned food. Lots of dry long lasting basics like rice, pasta, salt, sugar, peas, beans. Plus cooking oil. Beyond that I can hunt, fish, grow stuff, forage for berries and mushrooms - lots of options available with an old farm with some fields placed in a forest near the sea.

How long is the storage limit for that protein powder?

based

lol most people are too dumb
they will stave insight of an animal because they have no skills
I think game will be fine, because the only people who will actually be hunting well enough are the smol population that already does, yeah buuba fudd wont be able to find deer but a forest friend like me will be fine

Attached: DSCF0838.jpg (4608x2592, 1.01M)

all the game and fish will be extinct within a few weeks

Attached: 636477569562388251-Salmon-gill-net.jpg (3200x1680, 457K)

i like this post.
however an unmentioned problem is storage. "society" as we know it formed due to the ability to store foods to survive disasters and famine. it's important to learn how to store stuff like grains if for this scenario and preserve your surplus.

t. not a farmer at all but want to have small food garden after school

Attached: vitamin balls.jpg (251x201, 8K)

fish yes due to the nature of nets but deer are way better at hide and seek than you think they are...
i know because i used to hunt them everyday
they especially whitetail will know every rock and bush between here and there and will sneak around drives or pushes or whatever you call it...
the deer won't go extinct because of these mongoliod flatlanders, cause the deer are smarter than a flatlander

100million people hunt and fish already for fun. When those people have to hunt for food the deer are going to run out fast. relying on gathering skills for survival is retarded

Just kill on sight and butcher people lmao
>message brought to you by the long pig gang

I have some 3year old powder(opened). Taste is mostly gone but its still perfect and gives water a better taste. Im sure its still good after 5 more years and even 10years+ if sealed. Try to get some cheap whey protein without any taste in 5lbs buckets. Just calculate your missing protein part like this: 80kg man (2500kcal)
>700g rice (dry) = 2500kcal and 52g protein
>Add 30g proteinpowder
>drink some mineral powder with less than 100mg pure vitC
>Eat a vitamin tablet every 2nd day
Thats the cheapes way to buy SHTF food since the shelflive is very big and it has a 100% energy density and less than 30ct a day worth on food.
My SHTF bag is stuffed with that shit for more than 10days of energy and 2months of minerals and Vitamins when im hunting
amazon.com/dp/B006VRNEFO/ref=psdc_3774861_t1_B07RYZC8QN
amazon.com/OPTIMUM-NUTRITION-STANDARD-Protein-Isolates/dp/B000GISTZ4/ref=sr_1_2_sspa?__mk_de_DE=ÅMÅŽÕÑ&keywords=protein+powder+90&qid=1561415867&s=gateway&sr=8-2-spons&th=1
Im sure Vitamin tablets have a high value when SHTF

White tail were over-hunted so heavily during the depression that they had to be reintroduced by the government in Pennsylvania and New Jersey.

>amazon.com/dp/B006VRNEFO/ref=psdc_3774861_t1_B07RYZC8QN
Hmm, Vitamins for 1000days for 24$ ? Fuck yeah, i stay with Skorbut

Attached: jjjöp.jpg (1300x924, 153K)

>Stockpiling non-perishible items
>Keeping them in sealed jars to avoid humidity from fucking them up
As long as you have water, you have yourself a meal that is gonna last for a while
Rice can get some nasty shit inside when is already cooked (like bacteria), but it can be avoided with vinegar/rice vinegar

Attached: arrival.jpg (640x790, 78K)

Baste and chinkpilled

>Be me
>Trying to keep my family alive in SHTF
>tryingmybest.jpeg
>Daughter comes in when I'm getting water from our well
>Mr Han grabbed our freakin' dog
>johnwick.exe
>Grab Sawn off camo shotgun that I used for hunting back in the day
>Kick the chink's door
>''Oh herro, mista user''
>WHERES MUH DOG

That happened long before the depression. Deer populations were shot out just about everywhere in the 1700s and 1800s. The first game management laws came about in the 1930s, allowing whitetail populations to stabilize and grow. For a couple of centuries, deer were a cash crop. That’s how the slang term bucks, meaning money, came into our lexicon.

I’ve checked the archived deer census reports for almost every state, for the 2 decades leading up to WW2. There’s no significant dip during the depression years.

bought 1, 5left

Attached: 060712-dog-kenya-ghana.jpg (900x600, 157K)

Just a reminder: the S will never HTF in the way you fantasize about.

You mean that 1 week when OP runs out of food and gets shoot outside with his kneepads?

Attached: 1559827206996.gif (320x239, 2.29M)

I read you can get sick by only eating humans

Anyone thinking the world will end and there will be a total collapse of civilization in our life time is retarded, but you can be prepared for a crisis on a local/national level because they are actually quite common and have happened before in th US. There's nothing wrong with stacking up on canned foo, water, meds, and basic supplies. It's also a good idea to have a plan of where to go/how to get there because where most people live isn't the most ideal location to hunker down, even if only for a few weeks. If shit ever happens over where you live you can always relocate to the next state, or Canada. Not everywhere is going to be on fire at once, and if it is you are better off eating a bullet than trying to survive.

im pretty sure shtf fantasies keep a lot of people going ironically enough
but you're right. society doesn't just collapse and everyone is out for themselves, people group up rapidly. the lone survivor thing isn't a long term solution in 99% of cases.

I just want to sit in my house alone and eat canned soup

I have about a year and a half of food.
And I have a large amount of heirloom seeds which will be more than enough to start a garden.

So you have >1,2Milion kcal in stock ? Mhh, thats 730lbs flour

Attached: bf9f0528511085dbe962fc5087ad63a9-imagejpeg.jpg (1024x1001, 74K)

Dude about 120 years ago, around the turn of the century, whitetail deer did literally almost go extinct. they came very close, and then people realized that you had to conserve resources and not just go out and shoot a deer whenever you want. this is why we have bag limits and seasons.

back then they were using shotguns and basic rifles. the human population and amount of hunters was a fraction of what it is today. imagine how quickly the animal population would disappear with all of the technology, camo, scent and scent eliminators, calls, game cameras, night vision, scopes, fucking drones etc etc etc. if we had a true shtf or second Great Depression or something the animal population is fucked. it would actually be a good idea to capture some wild boar and let them loose wherever you live if shtf, even though they are bad for the environment, they repopulate quickly and it would mean more targets

There are a lot of pretty sluts that I can kill and eat.

I have always wanted to kill and eat a qt Stacey, and shtf would be the perfect opportunity

Most people will starve in the cities thinking real life is hunger games before then. Besides if the worst happens long pig will be the new game and things will sort themselves out

Nah, almost every small town will have all the Dad's get together and shoot all the deer and distribute the meat, country folk will do the same, farmers will do the same, city folk will starve, and the deer population will be almost non existant. People in far rural areas will push further and further into the woods and do anything they can to kill every deer, burning down parcels of land etc, so they can sell the meat for other supplies. Shit like this literally happened during the Depression

>>f41861765
>How do you plan on feeding yourself
Off the fat of the land

Attached: 1488362725768.jpg (781x1024, 435K)

It’s a good idea to have a lot of salt for this very reason.

>Shit like this literally happened during the Depression
And now we have some AR10s and Thermal ;3
Just shoot city man and sell the meat to them and call it deer

Like this user said, a complete collapse of civilization is unlikely, there are a lot more likely scenarios in which you will need to know survival skills and will need to have supplies to help you out. If you’re lost in the woods, you’re going to want a hatchet and a lighter, if you’re in a Hurricane Katrina situation you’re going to want to have plenty of bottled water. There are many different scenarios that are possible and you should be prepared for all of them.

Rice and beans nigga

Got $1000 worth of Ramen noodles

Nice thats enouth for 10 months

Shelf stable stuff as seen in pic related. I also dehydrate mangos, strawberries, kiwis, bananas, and beef.

Attached: C8610BF8-B1B5-42F5-B9AE-DAF16E565463.jpg (4032x3024, 2.55M)

Tell me your story

pure cancer

It’s literally fine. Shelf stable foods to supplement food from the garden. I also have 2 mango trees, an avacodo tree, and probably more than enough alligators in my backyard to be set for a while. Your non existent food stores are comical.

Attached: 57F47724-6498-49E4-8480-9443986E5906.jpg (750x1334, 206K)

>How do you plan on feeding yourself once the supermarkets shut down?
dry rice and beans, gallons and gallons
water totes
home garden of peppers and onions and shit
ramen
DEENZ

I don’t need to. I can meditate and get all the nutrition I need from the sun

Attached: 9C7A838B-993D-4874-B7D0-984C83A5C4EB.jpg (750x1334, 352K)

>canned
legumes and rice m8, they don't even take up the amount of space that your sodium poisoning does.

Apart from that, veggies, tubers, rabbits and chickens.

I already do that. Maybe I’ll be fine if SHTF

Attached: 6B35EF85-B16B-4EAD-8ED6-D0528DBEE369.png (500x394, 54K)

how much money do you blow out for making that dehydrated mangos with energy? You could buy 10x the amount of stabilized Vitamines with a 100x higher shelf life. Im dehydrating Miso paste, Ginger and Garlic right now to make a high density Ramen for MRE. Dont call this prepping for SHTF when its just some food to enjoy this year

Attached: Miso-Ramen.jpg (1432x6264, 1.99M)

Nervous system has the same rules as brain though.

checked and mirin' this guru

Attached: wandajackson.png (1052x1280, 838K)

and thats chemical dehydation. Its used after pre dehydration to 20-30% with your device. Its able to reach less than 1% water which expanded the shelf live from food and vitamins by more than 200-500%.
SHTF proof because you can reactivat it by heating it over a normal fire at 160°C

Attached: miso.jpg (5312x2988, 842K)

The mangos are free. I have trees in my yard

Mangos are nice but dehydrating it isnt a good food solution for shtf. You should avoid a high content of sugar. But its pretty nice to make your own sweets with it when you need some kind of encouragement
I have 5small apple trees, 4 medium ones, 5 kiwi trees (or wtf we call it) and a big garden. To bad i dont like compote

>you ask where the dog is
>i hand you a bowl
>you ask where the dog is
>i again hand you a greasy bowl
>your dog is now soup
>it will cool the fire in your heart as it cools the heat of summer in the koreans
>you will kill me
>you will still eat your dog

Dog meat is greasy. Soup made from dog congeals if left undisturbed for more than a minute. The meat is stringy but tender. It isn't anything spectacular, but the hunger for it cannot be satiated by normal meats. The neighbors they walk by, they do not notice my gaze. I leer at their animals, their friends. They are my best friends too, for I will be closer to them than anyone. They will become fuel for the next. I will eat the dogs as the sun will eat the universe.

You sound like you belong on a roof defending your store against the orcish hordes.

>t. Xuan Nguyen

I have to say 5 years seem optimistic. Protein degrades in any environment. This page indicates 6-12 months:

dairyglobalnutrition.org/safety-and-quality/shelf-life-and-packaging

Any books you'd recommend?

Bison is a pretty good example that unchecked hunting is not a good thing for maintaining a species.

>How do you plan on feeding yourself once the supermarkets shut down?
By taking food from other people and/or eating said people

Attached: kjell-nilsson.jpg (1000x666, 65K)

best yet oats, dried beans, frozen catfish, canned deens, NIDO, its pretty much all fucked if the power goes out so I try no to think about it. If it really bugs you you could go full amish and start canning shit with a wood stove and a pressure cooker, but glass shatters and you can't make more mason jars in your luddite log cabin.
>farming bores me I don't want to spend all my time growing food
>I will never be able to farm the foods I want to eat
>A large farm is impossible to conceal and would be a target for hungry barbarians
>Bayer Monsanto would like to have a word with you about their GMO pollen and an illegal seed reclaiming machine found on your property
>I'd run out of water before any of it mattered

>bag of birdseed

birds and rabbits come to your backdoor
also fishing puts food in yer belly

Attached: 1509449598530.jpg (736x736, 95K)

Grain and legumes are easy to find and stock for a source of carbs, maybe a little hunting and gathering can provide you with veggies and animal brotein. I'd store a few dozens noodle cups for emergencies and eating on occasion, without a comfy diet they could easily bring your health down to shit

If you have room for noodle cups you have room for canned goods of much higher protein, vitamin and carb content. Noodles have their place but go for the six-packs of noodle blocks who use space more effectively.

Protein = normal chemical substance. Aminoacids still needs water to degrade this fast. And its a mix of around 20 stable chemicals and only 2-3 unstable proteins with a shorter shelf life. So you have just +90% weight left for your body and 10% get used and breaken down too. I seen pure proteins inside my working Lab that are more than 10years inside the corner for synthesis and they are fine.
So thats the worst that will happen if you store Proteins closed for 5 years
>if its not fat free a light rancid smell (not bad)
>the taste is possible missing
>2 out of 20 proteins partially "decomposed" (still perfect for the body)
Thats the reason you need fatfree protein and no fancy flavor shit (can decompose to really bad shit). Getting vanilla is good, Vanillin is a stable chemicalk that wont react and leavs a ugly taste behind

See, I see a lot of these bubba kids who go spotlighting and go out and wack 3 or 4 deer a night for fun, I wouldn’t say they have “skills” but there’s lots of dudes who do have the skills (or the knowledge on how to bait) and they are gonna over hunt out of fear. And our ecosystem is more fragile then you’d think.
Storage is an actual concern. Me and my wife are working on a root cellar just for this problem (our peeps are getting a little out of hand) the other problem I didn’t really address is the trial and error aspect. We end up wasting a lot of cans every year trying to find the sweet spot of how long stuff stores for. Sometimes the difference is literally a week. We have an entire notebook rapidly filling with this stuff.

>books related pal. Books are our friends.

Attached: image.jpg (4032x3024, 2.42M)

when you store 70% air with carbs and fat.jpg.
Its way better to buy the spice pack and linear Noodles from asia store or just spaghetti

Attached: roh-nudeln-chinesisches-stock-bilder_csp14033659.jpg (450x345, 31K)

No. I have enough food to stop me from starving in stock.

But I used the slow starving amout to calculte. You need 10% more to hold your weight. But Im sure its enouth if we sit around and do the nofap challange for 1 year

Attached: 207d4fb4ddaa404545ddd825ec5d1ff3-imagejpeg.jpg (360x240, 13K)

Any comments on this? He sound knowledgeable and recommends no more than 9 months after exp date in best case.

doesitgobad.com/does-protein-powder-go-bad/

>Osso bucco
Damn, I need to make more

I was referring to the 'dinner noodles' packages, not a 5-pack of individual meals.

Either way you are right; uncooked spaghetti is far superior in food/volume to noodles. Noodles do however have an advantage of requiring less heat before they can be eaten.

Hes not stupid for sure but he missed to point when we talk about Prepping. I found a medical protein-water solution has a shelf life of 6months and than it starts to "go bad" for medical use. In SHTF you would drinkl it after 12months without problems because the small part thats decomposed now isnt a new toxic chemical. You body will take it and use it. Having the same powder inside a airtight and cool stores can will last a few times longer and all that will happen is a diffrent taste... thats it, it will feed your family.
Just look at MREs from military, every food inside contains wet proteins mixed with possible reaction partners (reducing shelf life). Why is the shelflife now way longer than the the protein seller give you? Marketing and using the taste as indicator for shelf life, not the protein that we want

Based.

I like the cheap Jinmailang Noodles. Packed with my fav. Ramen spice and like 200% more carbs and still way smaller than a Ramen pack. Im making some dehydrated Vegetables and cooked pork or groundbeef for it and than its a very nice STALKER or SHTF food

Attached: hhj.jpg (1920x1080, 1.37M)

>he wont kill people he doesnt like and eat them
do you guys even know how many calories the human body has?

So I actually might. But it looks like I need to get more. Shouldn't be hard by the end of the year.
I've added the calories from only my rice, beans, and oats and I have 385,273 calories.

Food: (not including general use (and food that expires this year that I am rotating out))
168 lbs of white rice 1648cal/lb
45.5 lbs of beans 1568cal/lb
21 lbs of oats 1765cal/lb
17 lbs of flour
28 lbs of buttermilk pancake mix
9 lbs of honey powder
4 lbs of dehydrated potato slices
4 weeks of patriot supply
35 servings of mountain house
55 cans of soup
53 cans of tuna
19 cans of fruit
21 cans of veggies
25 cans of chicken
3 cans of corn beef hash
7 boxes of pasta
8 containers of spices
5 packages of lifeboat rations
3 cans of vienna sausages
24 bags of Knorr rice/pasta sides
2 lbs of sugar
48 ramen flavor packets
136 oz of salt
1 jar of honey
30 oz teriyaki sauce
20 oz onions sauce
6 bottles of hot sauce
176 oz cooking oil
60,000 vegetable heirloom seeds (4 bags of assorted seeds)

Attached: 24899105_10156778071293906_1609471609_n.jpg (720x960, 114K)

I think I remember you listing this before. Nice. I still don't think I know what patriot supply amd lifeboat rations are.

Patriot Supply is dehydrated food in mylar bags, kinda like Mountain House. Lifeboat rations are like cliff bars but dry and no chocolate or anything like that. Very high in calories and not much else.

Attached: IMG_0785[1].jpg (2272x1704, 308K)

Should work fine, Do you have Vitamin Tabletts?
Should add some and possible some Magnesium citrate. Im sure you´re fine and after 10months of waiting you can loot the starved (ammo and shit).Imagine sitting inside a basement with a solarplate at the roof watching Anime and Porn while others sell the pussy fr a can of tuna.
I made 50lbs dry ham this year(without the fat) and made some experiments with chemical dehydrating with it.

Attached: SchwarzwälderJERKY.jpg (5312x2988, 1.34M)

>Do you have Vitamin Tabletts?
Nope. What's the expiration on that stuff like?

The latter sound interesting. I might order some online.

i dont actually.

A lot, actually
I heard its in the 70 thousands

That doesn't sound like a lot compared to like an Elk or something.

My neighbors store food and don't own guns. I have a shit ton of guns and a Mexican Bandito costume. I'll be just fine unless the Magnificent Seven show up.

If you're being serious, you should talk to them about long term emergencies. When the shtf it would be easier for you to get their food if they give it to you voluntarily and all you have to do is be security.

That's sort of the plan. I'll offer "protection."

Not really. Human flesh is just like any other animal meat, there's no special toxins or poisons that make it inedible to other humans. The only issue as far as I know came from a tribe in New Guinea who would eat the brains raw or something and contract parasites or weird shit like that. In summary just don't eat it raw and don't eat the brain.

yeah, but how many elks are there compared to humans in the world?
how quick will it take for Elks to go nearly extinct in SHTF when people will start hunting for any game to eat?
people, there are a lot of them, and they usually wont be hunted.

Some single Vitamins break down, the majority will survive 3-5years without problems. Still after 10years it has a big part left so you eat like every 2days (not every 3days). Minerals have no technical shelf life...so longer than a human.
Im buying every 3years a 500er pack and keep the old ones.
Pic related 2$ worth on Vitamins/Minerals and extra Magnesium. When everyone gets sick and white as a Ghost you look like a pre-SHTF guy without any problems

Attached: Vitamins&Magnesium.jpg (1920x1080, 1.27M)

>SHTF happens
>there's tons of food available
>everybody starts eating each other anyway

...note, thats enouth for 2months and should be a part inside a bugout bag to prevent fatigue,concentration weakness and muscle cramps (last one is very important)

>honey powder
Why? Honey never goes bad, and its a waste of clean water that might be difficult to get