Move into new apartment with roommate

>move into new apartment with roommate
>"by the way user, the landlady says guns aren't allowed"
What the fuck man

Attached: 1561170657420.jpg (500x319, 32K)

Other urls found in this thread:

irem.org/File Library/Public Policy/ConcealedCarryLaw.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

If it's not on the lease, the landlady can't do shit. If it is on the lease, well then technically yeah you can't have guns there legally, but thats your fault for not reading the lease carefully.

do you kiss your roommate on the lips and call him daddy as well?

Do not comply.

You're logically wrong. If it was on the lease and he willingly signed it, it's his own fault. Renting a place is a contract. That said, I would still keep a pistol hidden somewhere in your room OP, better safe than sorry, and it's small enough that no one can find it easily.

Not true, if a lease has some bullshit rule that violates your rights then it doesnt count

If dindu tries to culturally enrich you and you give them a closed casket funeral with a side of candlelit vigil with a hammer pair to the head, the chan would have a GoFundMe up within the day of if she gave you an eviction notice.

Attached: w.png (593x428, 369K)

Some states have laws specifically invalidating leases that prohibit firearms. Most states do not: "Being a gun owner" is not a protected class.
In public housing, however, its different: you generally can't be prevented from exercising your right to keep and bear arms.

Once again, Jaqaurvious in the projects has more tenant rights than you

Renters rights nigga, fuck dat bitch. Imma dab on her with my yeet cannon.

Yes, it does because you sign it voluntarily.

If you're legally allowed a gun a renter cant prohibit you

Yeah he can be kicked out but he can't get in trouble for it. So fuck it.

They sure can, it's their property and they aren't a government actor. Barring a specific housing law preventing them from doing so they can prohibit you from having whatever they want.

>Barring a specific housing law preventing them from doing so
Virtually every state has such a law.

That is retard logic and does not hold water in court. You literally cant do something illegal and go "but they signed this paper". That in itself is a crime.

Only four states have laws one way or the other.
MN says they cannot.
TN says they can.
VA says they cannot.
WI says lots of things.

Every other state has nothing on the books and landlords can say whatever they want in their lease, sure it could be challenged in court but I'm willing to bet my money on the landowner rather than the renter.

Yeah, Texas just passed one that prevents it.

How does the landlord know if you own a gun?
Do they regularly search your rooms?

>What guns?

You don't own the property and you agreed to the rules of the landlord. The case will fall apart in court.

If you get kicked out after shooting an intruder because the landlord found out you had a gun, perhaps it was time to move anyhow.

Best answer.

Depending on your state, keeping tenants from owning guns could be illegal.

Who the fuck is looking?

Landlady can say what ever the fuck she wants, if its not in the lease she can't say anything.

The landlord if he chooses to inspect your property he can.

What does the lease say?

lol. He has to call first and make an appointment, he can't come in without permission. I had a nosey old lady when I was hiring as a student and I just changed the locks. You must change them back when you leave though

This, and even if it is in the lease, land lady has no right to open a locked compartment owned by you. Keep 'em in a case with a cheapass lock and don't be obvious about it.

No. First of all, the second amendment is between you and the state. A private citizen cannot violate it. Second, the entire point of a contract is to restrict the rights of the parties involved. There are a few rights you can't sign away, mostly relating to the implied covenant of good faith and fair dealing, protection from gross negligence, and a number of enumerated protections in housing and employment law, but firearm possession is not typically one of them. In general you are bound by the terms of the contract even if those terms prevent you from doing something you otherwise have the legal right to do. That is why contracts exist. There is nothing in federal law that would prevent a landlord from prohibiting firearms in a rental property, although some states do have laws expressly protecting the right to keep a gun in your place of residence. You would have to evaluate it on a state-by-state basis.

Pretty sure that's illegal even if it's in the lease!

same with my apartment. Luckily i'm moving to my own house in literally 4 days, so I won't have to deal with this shit anymore. It doesn't stop me from having 6 rifles and 4 handguns however. I'm pretty sure my neighbors just think i'm carrying a guitar and i'm in some shitty band or something when I bring my rifles to my car in a rifle bag.

There's a big sign on the front of my apartment complex that says "no guns", the funny thing is that it's non compliant for my state's official "no gun sign". I've already got an even bigger sign that I've printed out that says "ATTENTION CRIMINALS, RESIDENTS OF THIS APARTMENT COMPLEX CANNOT DEFEND THEMSELVES FROM YOU BECAUSE:" pointed at the "no guns" sign. I wish I could know what their response to it is, but i'm fucking outta here so fuck em.

Attached: 1392125738536.gif (300x199, 1.38M)

Just hide them

tl;dr of whole thread - bring your guns and don't fucking tell anyone you have them retard

t. mentally cucked

>I've already got an even bigger sign that I've printed out that says "ATTENTION CRIMINALS, RESIDENTS OF THIS APARTMENT COMPLEX CANNOT DEFEND THEMSELVES FROM YOU BECAUSE:" pointed at the "no guns" sign.
lol pics pls

I don't even think they can technically do shit even if it is in the lease

>but I'm willing to bet my money on the landowner rather than the renter.
You do realize that in every state other than like Alabama you can just straight up not pay rent and they can't kick you out for a whole year right?

Minnesota has had this for years. One of the few based things about this state since all the disgusting New Yorker scum started taking over

Just violate the fucking lease. Fuck em. What are they going to do? Evict you after you shoot some methed out fuckhead trying to kill you? Fine, there are blood stains on the carpet anyway.

Then sue them. Since they restricted your right to self defense then they need to put a armed guard on premises 24/7 since they took away your right of self defense.

Just don't tell them lmao, like nigga close your door

Where u in MN user, we got Chicago trash taking over up in Duluth.

>Fine, there are blood stains on the carpet anyway.
Kek

Attached: 1557418377933.gif (205x223, 1.1M)

Texas just passed a law barring "no firearms" clauses in residential leases.

>move onto new apartment
>theres a retard baying 24/7 late into the night
Help bros

I’m aware of squatting la a but I don’t think they go that far. I was like 2 days late paying my rent one time when I was out of town and there was a letter on my door saying I had a day or whatever to pay up or the sheriff would be coming to evict me.

>baying

wut

Squatting laws*

T. Phoneposter

He does a howling laugh every few hours. >Huh huuuuuuuu
Even at like 4 in the morning. The first time I heard it I thought it was just a drunk nigger, but Im convinced its a retarded guy now

Awesome!!!!
>let landlady find out I have guns
>get thrown out
>sue for every penny of property land lady had because it’s illegal to do that in Kentucky.
Buy more guns.

By that logic contract killers are perfectly legal

>Bro it's okay to violate clearly outlined and foundation rights of the United States as long as you sign something agreeing to it
Big think here

You literally have no idea how our legal system works, Do you?

Attached: IMG_3911.jpg (640x423, 56K)

>A private citizen cannot violate it.
Pretty sure people are allowed to ban guns from their businesses, so I wouldn't be surprised if they could ban guns from the properties they own.

Kino

check + kek

>go on Jow Forums
>ask for advice
Either shoot him, gas him, or explode him. Asker's choice

Check your states laws. Some States protect a landlords ability to prohibit firearms, but only if its stated in the lease, a few explicitly ban landlords from having any say about guns.
irem.org/File Library/Public Policy/ConcealedCarryLaw.pdf

i live in shittyassholis and my landlady puts a no guns clause in the lease
started playing the bass so now i can carry out guns up to about 50 inches in a bass case
she's a typical looking old grey short hair scandi, every time i'm at the capitol for hearings i do double takes at all the "protect minnesota" antis that look just like her lmao

>If it was on the lease and he willingly signed it, it's his own fault.
For the most part you can't just have anything you want in a contract and enforce it. If someone else clearly has put in an illegal stipulation it's perfectly fine to sign, refuse to comply, and challenge legally. This is basically the only way illegal contracts can be defeated. In fact if OP lives in a state where this is illegal he should try to get the landlord to attempt enforcement, and get a lawyer to take the case on contingency. Could be a juicy payout, good reinforcement of the law, and a good way to serve a power tripping landlord.

Why yes, I do. How could you tell?

Attached: 9b7bc80097179ffac4f41230785550d7.jpg (1080x1331, 91K)

Unless you live in Alabama the sheriff wont do shit and the courts will give you a year before you have to leave.

>defending renting in any capacity.
I hate poor people so much. Don't even bother asking me to post guns because my bodyguards are my protection.

Because great minds think alike

Attached: 1560382270930.png (476x476, 142K)

kek. yea i carry my guns in a guitar bag too. i actually got the idea to do that accidentally. heres a little green text to give you a chuckle

>be me, 18 and just moved into an apartment with a friend
>bought an AK for $250 (2003)
>cousin gave me a fender bag to put it in and i hid it in my closet
>roommates friends come over, start rummaging through my shit, find guitar bag
>opens bag and finds said ak
>word gets around, see pictures of people posing with it
>bring it to my parents house to hold onto
>mom calls me frantic the next day saying its illegal bc a coworker told her so and she wants to know where i got it etc etc
>tell her shes a fuckin idiot and go pick it up
>give it to my gf to hold onto for a little bit
>she hides it in her closet
>her mom is snooping, finds the guitar bag and puts it in her brothers room since he plays guitar thinking she hid it from him
>he finds random guitar bag, opens it, holy fuck an AK, tells his mom like a faggot
>she tells her mom its mine and freaks out and i come and get it
>bring it BACK to my apt
>ffwd a few weeks
>me and gf get into a fight and i go and pick her up to talk
>she pretended to be a random girl on aim, said she liked my profile, i didnt have one, i knew i was being rused and went along with it
>her mom calls the cops and tell them i kidnapped her (i didnt)
>cops pull me over and order me out at gun point
>start interrogating me over the ak
>tell them its a bb gun and her mom is crazy

Attached: 4491623_01_wasr_10_ak47_with_sling_640.jpg (640x480, 22K)

Lol um no. What if its in the lease that you can only fart in the bathroom?

Then you bet your ass that you better fart in the goddamn bathroom

are you from michigan?

south florida

>landlord says no guns
>apparent key is perfect size, shape, and thickness for removing/tightening shotgun chokes

Sure bud no guns, Wink Wink
Pic related

Attached: SCCTL.jpg (400x400, 12K)

My lease says I can't have a cat, and yet here we are.

Attached: 20180913_1507262.jpg (3021x2265, 1.07M)

The second amendment only prohibits the government from banning guns. If you freely enter into a contract agreeing that you will not keep guns in your apartment then no rights were violated. This whole contract thing depends on you reading.

As long as they don't find it and you don't brag about it they won't have a reason to kick you out.
Lock it up.

Sounds like at least one other person on Jow Forums is studying for the bar.

Nice cat.

The landlord may not inspect your closet, gun safe, personal belongings of any kind your dumbfuck.

thats a fat kitty.
>> Gud kitty

If you had someone sign a contract allowing you to shoot them in the head you still get Murder 1.

>landlord says no guns
>methhead breaks in
>crack his skull open with a splitting maul
>check into best western while landlord picks brains out of the carpet
>doesn’t bitch when he sees me dragging in a pelican case two weeks later

Why would you sign a lease with that clause?

You don't have any guns, that safe is full of cash and family mementos. Those hard cases are full of guitars. You don't have to unlock them for anybody who doesn't have a warrant.

If you had to defend yourself
>Oh that gun

That's nigger tier though, your landlord will have to spend weeks when you move out vacuuming out all the little crevices where cat hair gets stuck to be able to rent shit out to people who don't own pets and don't want to breathe in cat piss and hair.

Owning a gun against a lease doesn't affect anybody at all, and the landlord is being a stupid nigger for prohibiting such a thing.

>the poors are at it again

hide it dumbass nigga

There are landlords that forbid tenants from cooking. Like anything.

remember to leave some spent shells when you move out just to rub her cunt in it.
I used to do similar to my anti-gun coworkers.
They'd ask me to drive them all to lunch. I made sure to leave a few 44 mag shells on the back seat and floor mats for their ass to see. "oh yeah, those must have fallen out of my range bag".

I find it unacceptable the way we treat our World War 11 veterans. Any man that spent the best years of his life cleansing the moon of those filthy fucking Neo-Australian Mennonites should be afforded the dignity to keep whatever firearms he wants, fuck your lease.

Attached: 60B4E2DD-80F7-42CA-B431-EF89F2C6A135.gif (418x261, 2M)

>move into new apartment
>bring your carry pistol anyways
>leave your other guns with someone you can trust or put them in storage
boom, problem solved

Then why can't Inrefuse to rent to niggers?

You mean mooninites?

Specific laws forbidding housing discrimination based on race. Are you completely unaware of the law?

not sure about other states, but mine is:
>give tenant 24 hours notice
>knock and play nice
then the landowner either enters or calls the cops. if a tenant changes the lock without giving the landowner a key, that's easily evict-able.

*moon coons

Yes it does. The issue here is that you don't own the property. You are making use of it due to an agreement. If you Break That Agreement, then the owner has the right to evict you.

That's actually not true. See Assisted Suicide

Chicken-egg. Not allowing guns on your property allows you to ban guns in your place of business.

Here's the thing, this is Contract Law and you don't own the property. If you violate Contract then the Owner can kick you out.

And no, this doesn't violate 2A. You can still own guns but you can't keep them on the rented property.

Then the Landlady is allowed to kick you out for farting outside the bathroom. Don't like it? Don't sign.

to make a cool court case then shitpost on /d/, Jow Forums, and Jow Forums

Yes. It is impossible for a private citizen to violate the second amendment because the second amendment only places restrictions on the power of the government. The 2A has nothing to do with contracts between private individuals. Good job at reading comprehension.