IFAK/trauma kit. What do you guys have in your med kit? Here’s mine I just put together...

IFAK/trauma kit. What do you guys have in your med kit? Here’s mine I just put together, is there anything else I should have or anything I don’t need to have in it?
>chest seals
>burn gel/dressing
>clotting sponge
>6 inch Israeli bandage
>tourniquet
>scissors
>tweezers
>small and large gauze pads
>regular bandaids
>small alcohol pads
>small roll of tape
>two pairs of gloves

Attached: 816843B0-10FF-423A-950C-2CC7CEC6BE9B.jpg (750x515, 496K)

Other urls found in this thread:

cms.bleedingcontrol.org/class/search
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

do you know how to use any of that?

Yes I do. I’m not a doctor or anything, but this shit is pretty easy to understand how to use.

quikclot.

I have a bigger medics bag. It contains
>Chest Seals x2
>Tourniquets x2
>Israeli Bandage x1
>Rolls of Gauze x2
>Assorted Bandaids and smaller bandages
>Trauma Sheers
>Nitrile gloves
>Rubbing Alcohol
>Benadryl sauce
>Ibuprofen
>and some airway thing for the throat that came with it
>also some sharpies, pens, tape, little notebook

He has some, it's not not in the green packaging

Only thing I could really think of is maybe something for allergies/rashes and maybe an ace wrap for a sprained ankle/wrist.

What should I have for allergies or rashes?

Honestly benadryl itch stopping cream or some aloe vera, and a little bottle of antihistamines.

benadryl in pill form for swelling etc, stuff that's clearly having a serious effect. reduces swelling on infected cuts/poison ivy/burns/rashes but obviously you need to keep all of these clean and dry over all

>is there anything else I should have
actual gauze, like compressed or rolled gauze. You're supposed to pack wounds with gauze before putting on an Israeli bandage.

its not like emergency first aid is particularly difficult to learn.

I have a small roll of gauze in there.

thats not nearly enough. Take a class cms.bleedingcontrol.org/class/search

Oh fug, he's summoning bedbunk trip.

>IFAK/trauma kit
>burn gel
>bandaids
okay guys we found the medic for our clan

Please stop giving idiotic advice. This is why these threads should be banned. Fucking morons making everyone else stupider.

>Do you know how to apply a bandage and put pressure on a wound
user those aren't operating room utensils.

Attached: aop8979087.jpg (1657x1658, 599K)

2 gen7 tq
2 elastic bandages with movable pads
2 quickcloth pads
Sterile bandages
Tape
Saline eye/wound flush
Iodone
Permanent marker
Sterile gloves

Ill probably add some shit when i get more training but cut the doubles to keep the size manageable

I'd keep at least 2 tq

leather strap tourniquets are the ONLY way to stop bleeding.

Yes, even neck bleeds.

Lol. As if your fucking little bandaids are going to stop catastrophic bleeds. Have you even ever been to Iraq on a Deployment? Shut up dumb liberal nigger.

>2 elastic bandages with movable pads
>2 quickcloth pads
>Sterile bandages
>Tape
literally all replaceable with more TQs

>Saline eye/wound flush
>Iodone
>Permanent marker
>Sterile gloves
lol are you on a playground in chernobyl or something? when would you ever need any of this unless you're handling an aids baby on a pripyat playground

The gen7 TQs are so noice compared to the two feed thru system with the old ones

Do any of you nerds actually practice using this shit or just go off YouTube videos and hope that it’ll work out real world?

>My service is the ONLY qualification
Sounds good you dumb zogbot nigger

Attached: 1550036479980.jpg (722x712, 80K)

Oh look, another dipshit giving dipshit info.

>literally all replaceable with more TQs
Not all bleeding is immediately life threatening. Tourniquets should not be your first method of bleeding control for most injuries.

>Saline eye/wound flush
For contaminated eyes or wounds, both of which should be flushed in the field unless you're actively under fire.
>Permanent marker
For recording vitals and other pertinent info, or marking the time of TQ application (which you should do unless you're actively under fire)
>Iodone
Not particularly useful given the other stuff in his kit.
>Sterile gloves
He probably means exam gloves, since sterile gloves aren't even readily available to the public.

You have never saved a life not even your own. TQs are the only way to stop a bleed. (((disinfectants))) are just jewry to shill the (((alcohol))) industry. A proper non-bugman immune system will be able to flush toxins from itself.

>Tourniquets should not be your first method of bleeding control for most injuries.
Yes they should be. They stop bleeding. Why are you against stopping bleeding? Are you one of (((them)))?

>or marking the time of TQ application
Why does this matter? Are you one of those retards who thinks TQs instantly amputate people? Fucking retarded idiot

Not gonna lie this thread is hillarious for someone that works in EMS. Please keep going.

>he thinks being a 0311 isn't qualifaction enough to be a Lifesaver

Retard! Possibly canadian and european also. Sad!!

this in the ems Service every day we administer tq after tq after tq to save many lives many of them blue lives so neverserveds please understand the importance of tqs in actual combat situations when tyrone and pajeet make trouble in our american cities

>Iodone
Is this what you take to mitigate the effects when you overdose on Iodine?

post your mos faggot

desu you could stick leaves and shit into wounds to stop 'em from bleeding and that shit would work like a charm.
>remember, infection kills you later and can be prevented. The open wound on your arm gushing blood will kill you now.
source: former ranger combat medic.

>doesn’t know that it’s for whoever’s working triage on the patient when off the x

post your fucking mos

fully and 100% this. but you should be able to use your belt as a tq aound their chest to stop bleeding to their extremeties.

ummm why cant you stabilize the Soldier by yourself exactly? are you a retarded chairforce or armutt faggot?

This. It's amazing that none of you carry Adrenaline or Ephedrine.

11janitor :^)

Who the fuck carries the MG and rockets for you 11 fuck bois?

You gotta be in some serious shit if you’re having to do triage yourself on a casualty not being a 68serious or corpsman

Neverserved? Either we do or the vics do

No, you have no MOS' for it. It's just 11b and 11c.

Yeah it’s a pretty broad mos, there’s a plethora of not really infantry related jobs within the infantry

>no duct tape
>no super glue
Ain't never gonna make it

Is there a recommended pre packaged kit?

Look up "north American rescue sirk 2" on Ebay. They're about $70 and have basically everything you need.

Heres the contents

Attached: 85-1738_tl.jpg (700x700, 111K)

>1 casualty tag

What's the point of that shit? Triage one person? Black tag yourself and declare your own death?

>go to anons house
>spastic retard who is back from deployment
>honestly hate him but need to spend time so he doesn't an hero
>cutting up some onions for my spaghetti
>accidentally nick my finger while user is watching
>suddenly its black hawk down and im his best friend who just took an rpg to the chest
>see the ptsd fire rise in his eyes
>he immediately sprints to his closet
>grabs his plate carrier, rifle & trauma kit
>GAUZE IS USED TO STOP BLEEDING GAUZE IS USED TO STOP BLEEDING
>tackles me to the ground and aggressively wraps gauze around my finger
>spaghetti spilling all over me
>"STAY WITH ME MAN"
this is you

Im guessing the kit was built with refilling the ifaks of individuals in a unit/team in mind not individual autists on Jow Forums who knows though

These posts are doing gods work son, keep up the good work

>3x rolled nitrile gloves
>quickclot combat gauze with duct tape handles
>fox chest seal
>izzy bandage
>gen 3 SOFTT-W
>some bandages way the fuck below
>benchmade rescue hook 7
>spare fleshlight

I have an actual IFAK I carry on my person that has pretty much the same shit inside.

Attached: 87BBA92E-5BC2-4E7A-B6E4-9D2054A821EE.jpg (1536x3276, 1.04M)

He has a clotting sponge and a hemostatic dressing you fucking retard. If you’re going to be a tripfag you might TRY to sound like you know what you’re talking about.

>acting pretentious makes me sound smart

Posting a a good cap I like to follow

Attached: first aid kits.jpg (1168x3437, 1.71M)

Gotta tag them first to give them a fighting chance

>>spare fleshlight
Well okay, if you expect uncontrollable erections to be a life-threatening complication

Jesus the quads of/k/ justice

My only experience with first aid is a couple CLS classes when I was in and even for me these threads are fucking hilarious. It's scary that people believe some of this shit, but hilarious.

Attached: 1256325844841.png (249x238, 52K)

Because everyone in a platoon has their own, and when someone goes down you use THEIR ifak, not yours. You stabilize them and get them to someone who knows what they are doing. Not everyone is a medic.

On a serious note. An NPA and more gauze. And take a class so you know what you are doing. I strongly recommend taking an NPA deep in your nasal cavity once just so you know what it feels like, And applying a tourniquet to yourself, PROPERLY, so you know the pain and the why it is needed.

Shut the fuck up you faggot

>He's never heard of battle boners
I thought it was a joke too. Best self love i've ever made.

Get this, and read the medical parts.

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:4EF359FF55471890F60624F4854E9EBB62F92723&dn=Mega%20Folder

Your bait is a little over the top. Too much shrieking about Jewish conspiracies just makes you sound like an edgy 12-year-old.

It's helpful to know how long a tourniquet has been in place so that when you transfer the patient to people who have brains, they know how much they should be worrying about loosening it, removing it, or managing reperfusion injury.

>this in the ems Service every day we administer tq after tq after tq
No you don't. In ten years as a paramedic in a major city, I can count on one hand the number of times I've needed to place a tourniquet. It's extremely rare outside of a war zone.

As a former medic and current M.D. student, these threads just make me sad for humanity. The amount of bullshit and sheer self-righteous stupidity in armchair "tactical medicine" is beyond belief.

Your "first aid" kit should have trauma shears, compressed gauze, quikclot, tourniquets, gloves, and other speciality bandages, a couple israeli bandages and a couple triangle bandages. Anything else can be relegated to a different, bigger, heavier more encompassing kit.

go back to r*ddit you faghead dicksucker

No

If this is really just a trauma kit I'd suggest in order of importance
>A cpr mask with a one-way valve
>More gauze. Much more
>A second Izzy bandage
>A sharpie
>A handful of guedel airways in different sizes if you're trained to use them
>A couple squirty ampoules of saline to flush wounds
>Some steristrips or butterfly dressings
>A couple of crepe bandages
>Space blanket
>Duct tape

>cpr mask
They don't teach breathing into the mouth anymore. It's virtually useless and is a risk of spreading disease.

Wow this is a retarded crayon muncher isnt it

If he was a crayon muncher he would know the mask is stupid as discussed above and he should be using a NPA and decompression needle over the airways. I also get the feeling he's got way too much gauze.

It's honestly a fine list though. Some antiquated knowledge built on google searches, but good enough for what it is if he actually knows how to pack gauze.

Is this the medic larp thread?
>siiisaaar ciiicaaarr