22WMR

How is it?

Attached: 22wmrtop6_lead.jpg (745x420, 72K)

boolet

spicy

not bad, I think it is a good starting round and effective for self-defense.

I would only use it if you have an interchangeable .22/.22WMR like the heritage revolver.

How good is it for self defense?

I would rate it at the literal bottom of effective one shot rounds. it has ballistics as a ball round equal to a 9mm Luger, but its hollow point is about half as effective. the one up it has on .22Lr is that it can break bone like a 9mm.

to help differentiate. if I was shooting .17hmr or .22lr I would want to put a lot of rounds down range fast, but the .22WMR has enough kick i would feel comfortable only shooting once. basically it will hit with some force enough to penetrate bone where a .22lr would have a chance to deflect or wouldn't cause cavitation effectively.

Luckygunner has a good video out about it.

Obviously being rimmed+rimfire reduces its viability in autoloaders, but out of a revolver it's pretty good.

A friend of mine has an over under derringer in WMR. It's in a holster that looks like a wallet, except with a hole for access to the trigger. With that said, it really doesn't matter when you're sticking it contact distance to someone's face when they ask for your wallet.

Attached: knowing-is-half-the-battle-and-the-other-halfis-violence-14321109.png (326x498, 224K)

Kinda pointless now that 17 HMR and WSM exist.

Still good for recoil averse/sensitive shooters, probably the best round out of the ultra light S&Ws for fast follow up and low recoil while still being effective.

I prefer 22 LR or one of the 17s at the end of the day

>17 hmr
>because I have a necking fetish

Yeah but PMR-30 can't shoot em

Its good.

Attached: B246F820-42FD-44CB-8A23-01D5F0D8575B.jpg (2056x1536, 727K)

it's a hunting cartridge and it's fine for hunting. don't think you can load the thing into a SA revolver and have a just-as-good-as ___ "truck gun."

It works fine (like all rimfire) for defensive use as well.

You just have to aim well and accept it’s not a light switch to turn off badguys (this is like any caliber though)

Personally I’ve carried a S&W43c and I love it as a don’t have a gun gun,

I’d rather have a all stadium 32 HR or 32 SW long j frame though with 6 or 7 shots though.

That's sexy as fuck

Alas I’m exposed as a dirty phone poster.

Scandium

Rimfires are prone to jamming so no

This is why I mentioned revolvers user, specifically extremely light weight ones.

If you have a misfire, pull trigger again.

It makes great fireballs out of my PMR30,
Not a bad round, but its best out of a rifle or long barrel pistol. Thought I wish it was cheaper. Its about the cost of cheap 9mm
I want a CMR30 though

This

>PMR30,
What's your opinion on it?

It bounces around and goes straight for the brain

I've got the opposite problem, have CMR, want PMR.

Attached: IMG_Thota_Vaikuntam_20181228_113232_processed.jpg (2402x749, 410K)

what 22 are you using with it

Usually CCI maxi-mags, I buy the 200 round "Choot-em" boxes, didn't even know who this guy or the show he's from when I first started buying them.

Steer clear of Aguila's stuff, OAL is too long for the Kel-Tec mags.

Attached: 91979.jpg (500x277, 81K)

What's the best 22round for RMP?