>shtf
>don't have plates
>get shot in the chest
>die of open pneumothorax

>shtf
>have plates
>get shot in chest
>die of tension pneumothorax

Attached: Shellback_SF_1__69143.1536613070.1280.1280.jpg (600x600, 172K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=aaS_2l8nGdg
youtu.be/Ji5VpHaNySw
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>shtf
>don't look cool
>die

>shtf
>look cool
>mad scavenger vagoo
>die

??????

shit we better let every military around the world know that body armor doesnt work.

They have surgeons

youtube.com/watch?v=aaS_2l8nGdg

They have the logistics to air evac you to a trauma center in a reasonable time frame most of the time.

so not a single bullet has been stopped by armor before?

maybe if your plate weighs 40 pounds but dudes wear 5 pound plates now

Damn, I could have sworn I left some goalposts around here.

>shtf
>garden and mind my own
>hang all piggies, lawyers, politicians and bandits because the day of the farmer has come
>use their children as chattel for 1000 years because they deserve it
>chillax because working people dont steal when they can exist honestly
in minecraft, of course, we all know we need lawyers to grow food and build shit ;)

Attached: 1558733069290.jpg (720x720, 69K)

>SHTF
>loaded down with extra weight from plates
>get shot in leg
>die slowly from total organ failure as a result of sepsis.

So what your dumb ass is saying is that unless you have a medevac available armor is useless. Got it. Good luck with your opinions.

t. skipped highschool physics class

im not so much moving the goalposts as much as saying that the argument for not using armor is weak.

also see

>Get pleurodesis
>shtf
>Have plates
>Get shot in the chest
>???
Sucks to be you weakchestnigger, I got mine for free

Attached: 2f60on.jpg (361x358, 11K)

>the

>shtf
>live in Chicago
>don’t need armor cause niggers can’t shoot, I’m going on safari.
>sub to pewdiepie
See you boys on the other side of the rainbow.

>shtf
>start taking shots to the body
>dies tired

I mean, plate carries are cool and all and pretty much a duh huh thing to wear if you're using guns. But unless you have legit trauma medics on hand getting shot up is still going to make you dead.

Attached: knowing-is-half-the-battle-and-the-other-halfis-violence-14321109.png (326x498, 224K)

>he thinks you'd get a collapsed lung from being shot while wearing hard armor
Tension pneumothorax is a big word for a retard, did you copy and paste it or actually type it out yourself? Pretty big accomplishment if you managed that, tbqh.

99% of infantry units don't wear armor.
And the ones that do only do so when they are going to and from a FOB. They do not wear them all of the time, which is what you would have to do if SHTF.

>The year 2000 and then an additional 19 years
>Sleek, level IV ceramic plates @ 3 lbs each

These are the most poorfag fucking threads I swear. Ballistics are such a roll of the dice anyway why wouldn't you be doing everything in your power?

Attached: 04_lpspc.jpg (1241x1152, 637K)

>>have plates>get shot in chest>die of tension pneumothorax

Speaking as a person who has been shot in plates by an AK from a few hundred meters, the one that hit the plates were not even noticeable. Certainly won't stop your heart. Try again.

>99% of infantry units don't wear armor.
I'm my own source to call this bullshit. Maybe not when you're sleeping, but I pretty much remember wearing an IBA, IOTV or MBAV when ever I was doing pretty much anything.

Attached: 32425123432525.jpg (736x635, 73K)

this is why you buy halfway decent uhmwpe or ceramic plates instead of shitty $60 AR500. They're specifically designed to deform and crack to distribute the force of the bullet.

Also, you'd have to get hit by something very big to die of internal injuries. 556 and the low end of the 30 caliber family will not kill you through a decent plate. Most fudd rounds won't either. But it all depends on projectile energy, range, and the angle that it hits your plate.

Although you are correct 99% of the time, it is possible that the impact from a bullet could stop your heart without even breaking the skin. It’s happened before

I think you don't understand what a tension pneumothorax is. A bullet that does not penetrate still stands a decent chance of being eventually fatal without surgery.

Hence why in SHTF plates are a bit pointless. They just delay the inevitable as you won't have access to a surgeon

You been in a lot of infantry units?
Or are you the 1% that happens to be in the US and happens to not be light infantry.

I'm a paramedic. It happens all the time with less force.

this is such bullshit. Like, demonstratively bullshit. There are tons of cases of soldiers taking x39 and even x54r in Iraq and Afganistan and only having minor bruising.

Are you just trying to justify being a poorfag? If so, use the weight argument. Not the "LEL ARMOR DOESNT DO ANYTHING" argument

I treated a TPT a guy got from getting hit in the chest with a golf club. It's easier than you think.

a golf club at full swing has exponentially more kinetic energy than any common centerfire rifle round.

Not only a centerfire round, a round that gets most of its energy dissipated into the armor

Wow, a golf club did that to a guy wearing plates?

Attached: sf-af.jpg (610x350, 43K)

Thinking SHTF is pointless. Thinking you'll be sitting around in one place engaging in 3 gun fights a day is pointless. Fuck off with your mindless child zombie fantasies. The reasoning behind your preferences aren't applicable to real life, that's why no one gives a shit about what you have to say. Stop posting

n-no.... my constructed perception of the world isnt being shattered... a-and im not realizing the topics i spend all day thinking about aren't irrelevant...

Light infantry here, wore the IOTV with plates whenever doing anything involving training. Every unit I've ever heard of does everything with plates.

A blunt force swing of a weapon will have a harder hit than a bullet on a plate.

>99% of infantry units don't wear armor.

Attached: 1325427542343.jpg (600x552, 23K)

>have defective lung
>spontaneous pneumothorax

Get on my level.

Hey gramps it's not the 50s anymore, even ISIS is out here with armor. Literally everyone wears some form of armor.

youtu.be/Ji5VpHaNySw
How is this man alive?

you can get your lung chemically or mechanically "glued" to the chest wall. I had a spontaneous pneumothorax and got the mechanical one. Not really too terrible but the few days I had to spend in the hospital with a tube inside of me was pretty damn uncomfortable considering they don't feed you tons of painkillers like they use to.

Plates protect your really vital vitals fine. The bigger issue in my mind is getting shot in the gut or the throat/face/head.

Speaking of plates: Are steel plates as shit as Jow Forums make them out to be?

>niggers can't shoot
pure volume of fire and probability ensures you will eventually be wishing you weren't a poorfag larper and had bought a plate

they're just heavy honestly

Mostly no, but also kind of yes.
If you got a lead on some good ones for a nice price get them, but know for the most part you can get vastly superior ceramics for $30 more.

No, just heavier.

You can get swimmers cut 3+ and a carrier for about $250. That's the draw.

Well I just noticed that I could import AR500 plates to my country for about half the price that ceramics cost here. But the gist seems to be that AR500 is a meme. At least on Jow Forums

>Shtf
>Don't have a well coordinated community and reliable means of nutrition and medicine
>Die of malnourishment
Pretty much any ideas of "I'm gonna be a cool lone wolf getting into firefights with bandits like in my favourite video games!" is a bunch of nerds with no friends daydreaming about escapist fantasies, learn to farm and get to know your community.

Attached: The most best.png (950x1150, 297K)

your full of shit, my character in stalker gets by just fine on radioactive bread, tinned meat and vodka. i'm sure i can replicate my success in the real world too

-laughs in 7mm magnum-
-laughs in 22-250-
-laughs in 300 win mag-
-laughs in 270-
-laughs in 5.56 out of a patrician 20inch barrel-
-laughs in almost every weatherby cartridge created-

Son, I think you're taking "tension" pnemothorax literally.

Protip: it is literally but not the way you think.

I'm a junior doctor, and no you can't get a tension pneumothorax without an actual normal pneumothorax first.

Nothing you listed will reliability defeat level 4 ceramic plates without actual ap bullets. The closest would be .300 winmag (or a larger 30 cal round) loaded with apm2 which was able to defeat some level 4 plates but not others. A 20 inch ar or .270 etc 100% arent going to get it done without actual tungsten core ap ammo.

This thread is dumb and you should feel dumb.

For (you)

He faked the video obviously.

Attached: 3Lg044.gif (320x180, 683K)

OH shit i'm such a fucking nigger, i can't possible sterilize a wound. How did humans ever make it to where we are now.

How many shots do ceramics last? Not being aurgumentive, genuinely curious.

>TPX
>with plates
Are you rarted?

Couple shots if they are space out a bit from each other. Seen some rated for 10 hits but I'm not sure how that is tested.

he should have shot himself without the armor, as a control test
i mean how can we be sure that it isn't his fat, protecting him

This!
About 98% of the population will die in the first two weeks when the infrastructure shuts down and the survivers probably won't be interested in risking their life by picking a fight when they don't have to.

If these retards fire mutiple magazines at everything that moves, they will run out of ammo within days.

Based

You serious? It will be total chaos. Niggers robbing and looting for food and water. It will be a chimp out of the likes the world has never seen

>How did humans ever make it to where we are now.
Because they didn't start shooting each other until medical science advanced, and even then for a long time being shot meant losing a limb at an absolute minimum.

They are easily disposed of. Besides, they are generally scared of rural areas.

No they aren’t. They will be marching towards the rural areas in large gangs looking for white women to fuck and food to steal. They literally won’t care about dying if they are starving

This is why I'm wearing a chest rig when SHTF so I'll die quickly

>guy who has no real world experience

whew lad... what the fuck do you think happens when someone gets shot with BA on?

You get big bruises like being hit with a baseball... it doesn't magically cave in and destroy your organs like you think it does.

Not poor, just not stupid. You obviously have never spent much time in Chicago.
After watching some nogs try to shoot at me from

>hard armor acts the same as soft armor
Really man?

This dude actually believes this.

Ferguson, Charlotte, Baltimore? Those were just very small scale isolated events

>3 pounds each
please show where

just buy a steel plate

No, but they're heavy as fuck.

>implying taking a shot to the chest while having hard armor is dangerous or even uncomfortable

Can you explain the mechanics behind getting a tension pneumothorax by getting shot at nij IV plates?

>All these poorfags using steel plates
Yikes

yes they are shit
do not strap pot metal to your body for ballistic protection, use ceramic plates that are specifically designed and intended to stop a projectile as well as disperse the energy and contain the shrapnel
steel plates will send spalling into your throat and your legs if you're sitting when you get hit
>muh coating!
wears off after 1-2 hits and even still spalls badly because its just a flat metal surface with rubber paint
of things to improvise and cheap out on, armor is not one of them
save your money and buy ceramic plates and kevlar for your body, steel for walls/doors/windows

and no, ceramic ballistic plates are not the same as ceramic dinner plates

>steel plates will send spalling into your throat and your legs if you're sitting when you get hit
yeah if you have a dogshit carrier.
>wears off after 1-2 hits and even still spalls badly because its just a flat metal surface with rubber paint
if you're getting shot in the chest this often i don't think fancier armor plates is going to save you.

I'm sorry but no carrier is going to stop the spalling that you're going to get from your steel plates. Just buy ceramics you poorfag

Who cares? Shtf is a LARP and doesn't actually mean anything.

They are low end adequate. Heavy and can have more vulnerability to higher speed ball ammo (22-250 is fun) but for price and availability they are a viable option just know their limitations and buy accordingly.

most inner city black people are scared of deer

or just wrap your steel plates in a couple layers of duct tape and use a 1000 cordura carrier.

Upper limit for level 3 SAPI was around 18 but that was outlier tier for a turret Gunner having a bad fucking day

Sure if you think your life isn't worth a couple hundred bucks

>just weigh your already overly-heavy plates down even more
>just lift lol
>implying any of you lift
most of you niggas are gonna die

Attached: 1560175190808.jpg (474x465, 24K)

Is Spartan Armor Systems a good ceramic plate vendor? I can't find much about them actually being tested.

Violence will kill a large number but will be focused on urban areas and quickly quarantined. Collapsing infrastructure and disrupted transportation will kill far more and be the main concern. Then winter and Northeast/Great Lakes areas are fucked. Honestly the south and Midwest would be the best shots for survivors but still shitstorms

>city, city, city
you're not very smart are you?

And those were all contained to their own neighborhoods. And let’s not forget about the roof koreans during the la riots.

its either spend 80 dollars on adequate protection you will probably never use or spend 300 dollars on good protection you will probably never use.

>80
>adequate
but it isn't you fucking dumbass
you stupid fucks are gonna die from easily preventable wounds

Buy once cry once. Are all of your guns mosins as well? I mean you're probably never going to REALLY use them

>implying he has guns