MG42 modernized and in 5.56

MG42 modernized and in 5.56.
But why did it had to be so ugly, why not keep the original german design language?

Attached: CETME_Ameli.png (962x339, 225K)

Ergonomics and no need for the wartime simplicity of the MG42. And it's under half the weight so I think you can look past the looks

YOU'RE ugly.

Ameli is top tier cold war aesthetic.

>ugly

Attached: OK RETARD.png (208x237, 100K)

If it wasn't babyshit green it wouldn't look so bad.

Its the same shit the turkroaches did to the german HK 417, slap a carrying handle on it, get the cheapest looking plastic accessories and make it completely fucked up and ugly.

Attached: israelneedstonukethosefucks.jpg (318x159, 5K)

The carrying handle is detachable.

>5.56
In the trash it goes.

>And it's under half the weight
That is pretty impressive.

I am a fucking retard. I couldn't think of what that fucking thing looked like. It's an MG42 and I need to go use 12 guage as mouthwash.

I don't mind the aesthetic so much ;)

That said, apparently the actual AMELI's were pretty garbage, for many of the same general reasons that the CETME L suffered as well.

As for the design language, it's a gun designed by Spanish engineers and made in Spain for the Spanish military, despite being an adaptation of a German weapon, of course it's going to get a Spanish designation.

Attached: mjXpJDx.jpg (1063x598, 341K)

5.56 ruins everything

ur pretty i mpressive

What cartridge would you use? Keep it mind we want the highest possible RoF possible.
>ugly
The baby-poop green is ugly, right, but not its actual looks.

6.5 grendel

>readily available
>decent performance out to 500m

I bet you're the kind of fudd who only uses .45 instead of 9mm.

One of the main reasons why it is so ugly is the terrible green and sand color use on certain weapons. Like the SCAR is a perfectly adequate looking weapon if it isn't painted fucking yellow. Fucking guns should stay fucking black and gray.

Attached: scar_16s_large.jpg (519x370, 18K)

>decent proformance out to 500
For paper maybe.

that'd be about 20 years too late

There is no reason not to use a full power round in a gpmg.

6.5 Lapua or all the way up to 7.62 NATO

Apparently it heats up less as well

Olive green master race reporting

So...basically what everyone already had, and requiring different ammunition from the rest of the team in a squad based weapon.

>imagine being from a country that uses 5.56mm

Attached: 1553400004390.gif (200x200, 1.89M)

Well, if the military took the grendel pill, then they would have one round for all their guns

>Fucking guns should stay fucking black and gray.
Until I rattle can it for my environment?

which the AMELI were not

Sadly, Grendel didn't exist when the Ameli was designed and produced. I don't think the factory even exists anymore.

I'd want all the service rifles in 6.5 Lapua as well.

Might as well use tasers at that point, don't want to hurt them terrorists and criminals, they have rights too you know

The SCAR is the only gun that looks decent in its original color though

>his country arrests terrorists and doesnt just kill them and their families
Sad. Enjoy the migrants.

>AMELI
>GPMG
Pick one faggot

The point was that 5.56mm is a baby caliber, thus you might as well use non-lethal options

Lmao you mean all the first world countries. I’m loving it.

>Imagine living in some shit tier third world nation or some former slavshit Warsaw Pact nation

>all this salt
How will riflelets even compete?

Attached: 1561284386960.jpg (750x750, 117K)

Not really salty when we can actually own guns and live in a first world country.

Lol

Looks like a movie prop designer chopped up an MG3 to make a rifle for some 70's sci-fi flick.

Not particularly salty about objectively worse nations. It'd be like Rome getting mad at Carthage because they took up too much salt in the brutal fucking that was the salting of Carthage

Looks real fuckin' neat to me buddy

I always thought these were cool

>5.56.
biggest piece of shit ever. it's literally the worst military round used today.

light weight ammo is best weight ammo
5,56 is superior military cartridge

Looks fine, it's a Spanish gun made for Spain so of course it's not going to get a German name
Autism
Autism
Autism, 5.56 and 7.62 were the only options at the time and this was meant to be a SAW or LMG that was compatible with your squads ammo, meaning unless you wanted to replace all 5.56 rifles with new 7.62 ones, it needed to be in 5.56
Would you like to be shot with it at even 750m? No, nobody wants to get shot with anything, at all, if the round can physically make it that far it can effectively suppress and take out targets
Not a GPMG
Yeah and Argentina is white too huh?
Thanks for your expert opinion Mr. Ballistics God

According to Wikipedia the ameli only weighs 12lbs. To me a smoll 5.56 MG42 sounds pretty comfy desu

wasn't the whole fucking point of 5.56 volume of fire and not necessarily ballistic performance?
I prefer 7.62 myself but Jesus Christ I don't understand all the hate for 5.56.

It's good but 5.45 is better and should've been cloned by western militaries

>ugly
its beautiful what

they were pretty good for the short time they were made up to spec, the problem was that Cetme went Taurus-tier when they couldn't fulfill contracts.

They were introduced in 1982 and are copies of the MG3, not the MG42. It’s seriously just an MG3 in 5.56 with weird furniture.

>wanting the highest rod possible
Idiot.

It's just retards who don't understand ballistics and get all of their knowledge from playing vidya. Seriously, the only time in recent memory that people have significantly complained about the stopping power of 5.56 was when they were fighting insurgents doped out on heroin.

There are already established options for 7.62 guns though, and they're extremely proven. Whether or not 5.56 satisfies your autism, there is a need for a gun in an intermediate caliber. 7.62 guns are significantly heavier by themselves and generally require dedicated ammo bearers to carry a full combat load. A 5.56 gun is intended to be a more self contained squad/fireteam element, while the 7.62 guns are more of a platoon element. Both have their uses and are extremely effective working in concert. The 7.62 teams will generally set up in a more permanent position during an engagement while the 5.56 guns maneuver with their squads. It's a cool, effective, and well designed dynamic.

>there is a need for a gun in an intermediate caliber.
only for guns that you will fire full auto from the hip (ie not a mounted machine gun)

5.56 does not have the range of a 308. Support weapons, including machine guns, should outrange the rifles of the troops they are supporting

Do you even know the effective range of a SAW?

Hint:

It’s farther than the effective ranges of the M4 and the M16.

Did you even read what I posted? Ammo weight is a huge consideration with 7.62 guns. If you want 800 rounds of 7.62, you're gonna need two or even three people to carry it, and they are going to be straight riflemen because of it. 800 rounds of 5.56 can be carried (albeit miserably) by the gunner, which means you have more available men to carry extra cool guy shit. AT-4's, 203's, etc. You don't actually need 7.62 for a lot of purposes you use a machine gun for. A hail of 5.56 is going to suppress someone just as well as 7.62 in most cases.

and less than a gpmg in 308.

they tried 5.56 on vehicle mounted machine guns, but they proved widely unpopular

>It’s seriously just an MG3 in 5.56 with weird furniture.
It only resembles an mg3 on the outside, mechanically it's closer to a CETME than an mg3.

It's doctrinal to fire 5.56 guns at the shoulder though. I'm not sure you know what you're talking about.