What does Jow Forums think of the Pontifical Swiss Guard?

Attached: papal swiss guard.jpg (1920x1080, 515K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=bRhg2zvalXc
youtu.be/OH2iQp1DEP4
guns.com/news/2017/04/16/guns-swiss-guard
guardiasvizzera.ch/paepstliche-schweizergarde/it/diventare-guardia/condizioni/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

looks even gayer than you

I'm the first poster on Jow Forums to be gayer than OP, not sure if that matters btw.

>t.

Attached: atheist.png (633x758, 220K)

shitty job, even shittier garb.

Attached: 1555937847767.jpg (1484x1974, 366K)

they look like they are wearing those floppy things from automatic car washes.

imagine unironically thinking an utterly useless unit with medieval weapons and armor are cool and calling people who don't agree with you fat fedora wearing dum-dums

They're essentially special forces with a more formal role. They're just as well trained as any other special operations organization and are armed to the teeth if you look past their fancy public guards. The vatican is filled with loads of viable weapons that each guardsman is trained proficiently in. They're like Navy SEALs if Navy SEALs weren't fuck ups and were intelligent and lowkey.

well I think they look cool. do you think they have ballistic plates under their parade uniforms?

you do realize that is only a parade uniform right user?
as for weapons from what i recall they carry p90's and 5.7 pistols, i can't speak of their body armor but considering they are technically swiss military troops who are selectively chosen based on merit; they will do well regardless of their body Armour.

They are based.
>In the event known as the Stand of the Swiss Guard, the Swiss, alongside the garrison's remnant, made their last stand in the Teutonic Cemetery within the Vatican. Their captain, Kaspar Röist, was wounded and later sought refuge in his house, where he was killed by Spanish soldiers in front of his wife. The Swiss fought bitterly, but were immensely outnumbered and almost annihilated. Some survivors, accompanied by a band of refugees, fell back to the Basilica steps. Those who went toward the Basilica were massacred, and only 42 survived. This group of 42, under the command of Hercules Goldli, managed to stave off the Habsburg troops pursuing the Pope's entourage as it made its way across the Passetto di Borgo, which was a secret corridor that still connects the Vatican City to Castel Sant'Angelo.

I need to make a correction they use the mp7 sg550 sg220 and glock 19

Pretty baller. Well armed too.

youtube.com/watch?v=bRhg2zvalXc

Weren’t the Swiss guard purely ceremonial up until the pope almost got ganked and only then, in the 70’s did they start seriously arming them?

No they were supplementary as the personal guard of the Pope while the Papal states still had an actual papal army. They were actually very effective in their role but after the fall of the papal states they fell into disarray until the 1920s where they got a complete overhaul. Then they were reformed again after the attempted assassination of the Pope in the 70s. Now the majority of them are in plain clothes to blend in and even ones serving their ceremonial role are armed with I think mp7s not sure if they upgraded yet.

youtu.be/OH2iQp1DEP4

go to 650 for some B role of their training.

The Vatican police have way more fun.

Attached: femen vs vatican police 2.jpg (740x505, 75K)

Many thanks user. I know there’s a Vatican resident who posts on Jow Forums sometimes. I wish we could summon him to ask more.

Ceremonial guards mostly.
But they do have a armory with guns inside.

Gun Jesus needs to visit their armory.

Bull fucking shit. Special forces engage in combat. When was the last time those parade queens fought a battle? When was the last time their country fought a war? Probably when those getups were still viable.

One guy with an AR could take them out under 60 sec. They should probably carry guns. If they really want to be ceremonial they can keep the armor, but ditch the halberd and get a rifle. Like the Queens guard in England still wear traditional clothing but carry modern rifles.

imagine guarding the literal anticrist who is destroying the Europe and the white race in general.

>this is what prots actually believe

Attached: fo6npjj58l2y.png (1072x736, 1.16M)

(((Christianity)))

>prots

Attached: 1531250946834.jpg (1030x1200, 216K)

They do carry guns you retard. And they operate in plain clothes as well

Did someone say gay?

Attached: Gay.png (1107x1600, 506K)

>he hasn't seen the sigs with papal state roller marks

It doesn't, and saying that makes you look like one of those pride faggots steeped in narcissism and self- indulgence that wears a gimp suit and gets ass fucked in public during a parade. Fuck off back to tumblr.

>alternate timeline 2020
>all of Jow Forums joins the papal armies to march on Mecca

Aw god that’s my favourite pepe
I literally come in christfag threads just hoping to see smug Leo X and wojak Luther

Attached: 84E915C6-4401-44A4-A0E3-000BCC844D7F.jpg (640x480, 81K)

RACIST HOMOPHOBE! Go die in a fire!

This thread is so full of retards its not even funny.

guns.com/news/2017/04/16/guns-swiss-guard

Homosexuals like you are going to be the ones burning.

Attached: 1547328068019.jpg (253x390, 21K)

Hot...

You could take out a few of them, then the rest would whip out the MP-7s hidden under their tabards and ventilate you. And if they didn't, you'd quickly be overrun by the guards that aren't there for the tourists, the ones out of sight, wearing modern body armor and carrying SG 552s.

Roman Catholics are okay; but you'll never experience the extreme comfort that comes from joining a Byzantine church. And if that's not just the saddest thing you'll ever know, I don't know what is.

Attached: byzantine church.jpg (680x453, 80K)

I'm exploring both the Orthodox church and Roman Catholicism right now.
At first I was drawn to Orthodox but I realized I wasn't giving RCC a fair chance.

t. impotent rage

>LARPing as a knight
>Have your own plate armor
>Train with modern weapons
I think those fuckers are living the dream

This. The pope is a faggot nigger loving commie. Now imagine being the guy who is supposed to take a bullet for him.

Boring christfag cosplayers

>They're essentially special forces

No they are fucking not.

Why do you idiots think the people in tight ceremonial armor are carrying concealed guns

To end wearing that shit you should have been a child abused by a priest, right?

The soldiers that are pulled from the army to do this rotation are from Switzerland's most elite units same as the guys they deploy for protecting foreign dignitaries and the WEF.

Yes, it's a ceremonial role but when SHTF they do have an armory and are all trained at minimum in some special forces role back in Switzerland.

Sure the Swiss military doesn't really see action, but neither do 90% of the servicemen in any other modern military. Also pretty much every western country, including Switzerland, follows the general NATO(aka american) handbook on modern warfare and tactics, since Americans pretty much invented it.

Attached: 1534855585258.jpg (1200x659, 515K)

>The soldiers that are pulled from the army to do this rotation are from Switzerland's most elite units same as the guys they deploy for protecting foreign dignitaries and the WEF.

Fucking idiot. They're not "rotated from elite Swiss units".

They're ex-conscripts, so they've had the most basic of basic training, never saw combat and represent the average Swiss man.

How can someone with a live internet connection be so hilariously misinformed, did you just make all that up?

>The soldiers that are pulled from the army

They're not from the Swiss Army, they're ex-servicemen

>to do this rotation

It's not a Swiss army deployment. They aren't Swiss servicemen.

>are from Switzerland's most elite units same as the guys they deploy for protecting foreign dignitaries and the WEF.

Switzerland deployed normal soldiers to protect the WEF. Advanced close protection is done by the police.

>and are all trained at minimum in some special forces

No, they're not.

theologically they're identical other than the filioque, which is something that really should have just been settled over some Mario Kart

RCC even recognizes Ortho sacraments

Seething prot

>Swiss Guard requirements:
>Catholic
>Swiss
>Man
>Unmarried
>19-30
>Minimum 174cm
>Finished high school
>Finished Swiss basic conscript training

guardiasvizzera.ch/paepstliche-schweizergarde/it/diventare-guardia/condizioni/

But hey it's just information from the Swiss Guard themselves, I'm sure you have a better source that says they're all active Swiss elite tier-one special forces.

Attached: 1248734461958.png (336x356, 145K)

Completely and utterly based
Retard underage summerfags

Who told you this

>looks even gayer than you
Looks less gayer than you OP.

t. cocksucker

They got scammed with the new helmets. 200 USD for a piece of 3D-printed plastic that can't stop a handgun round.

Pretty baller, I'd rock that outfit in shtf while purging the world of heathens and degenerates

Are you sure that's an actual Vatican resident? I've seen his posts, but I assumed it was either a tourist phoneposting or a proxy.

Source

>What does Jow Forums think of the Pontifical Swiss Guard?
They are interesting I guess in that they still have standard issue Halberd with their Swiss arm rifles and pistols.
I'd imagine half of them only serve willingly to obtain little boys though, this is the Vatican after all.

Attached: Andou eats a baguette.png (586x743, 510K)

Attached: 1561492776786.jpg (1530x2048, 422K)

The catholic church should be eradicated from this earth. The vatican should be razed to the ground
Swiss guard are religicucked fagatronns

But hes right you know

Yeah they're both fairly similar but if you really want to delve into Christian mysticism then Orthodoxy is the way to go

Not him but both statements are valid

Neat and cute.

Orthodoxy is maximum comfy desu, especially when it comes to mysticism, which really brings out some cool lore from the christian side of the table that 95% of people are unfamiliar with.