/arg/ AR thread

AR thread
/arg/
Bullyzone
Cancer containment

A S T R O turfed edition

Old

Attached: 20190623_170940_HDR.jpg (4160x2080, 2.89M)

Is this photo in AZ?

First for lmt sucks

Attached: For my #1 fan.png (1920x1080, 2.81M)

how could you tell?

First for our new local expert is what I imagined wuggy would be like if he could have actually joined the muhrin crops.

Yes, lmt relocated from IL to AZ not from IL to IA

I drive by that building every day

>I drive by that building every day
really? because thats not AZ...

Does LMT ship a hard case with the rifles like KAC does?

Attached: AE94D50D-605B-4672-92F0-38054F26B209.jpg (2016x1512, 2.16M)

>does it ship with more crap to throw away
No

No, it comes in a cardboard box

What I mean to say was I drive a building like that ever day

The KAC Hardcase is actually nice.

Fine, sell off

don't tell me what to do statist

Yo AR masters of Jow Forums

How can I make my rifle lighter?

I was just thinking about getting a lighter rail setup and so on. Mine is like 9 or 10 pounds feels heavy. I have a light and stuff on it but I wasnt sure what would make it that much lighter.

skeletonized everything
vseven hyper-light handguard
pencildick profile barrel

POST AR

Barrel profile, handguard, optic, muzzle device.

Those are pretty much the main things. Focus on reducing weight in the front of the magazine, it feels heavier to hold a front heavy rifle than a well balanced one. If you have a fuckhuge light that can be a problem too

sand off barrel and rail material

Sorry its tore apart on my desk this is best pick I have is too large

Maybe its better for me to just wait until I build my new AR from scratch then I can really look into all this stuff more.

Attached: 20190115_164917_HDR(1).jpg (2974x1681, 1.04M)

Hory shit, quit being so weak.

Post budget
Post your parts
Most likely sell it and start over

Honestly im thinking long term. I like some weight so recoil is reduced but I just cant see myself running 6 miles with a 10+ pound rifle

Do you know what a sling is for?

Start a mile at a time.

When building an AR you pretty much have to deliberately plan out the entire rifle in order to keep it light. Don’t skimp on bolt carrier or receivers. All of the weight savings can be had from barrel profile, handguards, and optics.

Also, adding a 15” rail to a rifle that really doesn’t need it adds weight for no reason.

Attached: 8DD9FABD-0698-4B3F-BFEE-9342DBB83852.jpg (2016x1512, 1.46M)

maybe remove the 5 lbs of garbage you have on your current rifle and viola... problem solved.

Also make sure your rail will bend so you can shoot around corners.

Realistically you’re never going to run 6 miles with a rifle. That’s not even a thing for military applications. The real concern is the ability to shoulder the rifle and hold it on target despite extreme fatigue, which obviously is harder with a heavier rifle.

Handling an M16A1 vs an M16A4 is night and day lol.

Mk8s don’t bend

>pretty much have to deliberately plan out the entire...
Statist as fuck

Except if you have no tastes, you end up like WGWS.

My rifle is a Huldra pre built AR. Very good so far about 2000 rounds in and ive only lubed it up. Barrel is a 1 in 7 twist which I love but that being said if I want a new trigger and so on I think im better off just doing a second build AR which I plan on spending about 1500 absolute tops.

For looks duh

>not being an unironic fascist

I hate all of you

Piston? No wonder it's heavy. Just buy the good brands next time.

Adams arms

I dont feel a need to tell others how to live their life though

K

Attached: 459F176C-293F-474B-B12A-B99365459B57.jpg (815x819, 96K)

It is not necessarily statist for you to plan your own decisions - provided the plan itself is not statist.

isn't that the LMT hq

Not who you’re responding to, I’d prefer the T91 upper for piston pumping

I know if you SBR a lower you’re supposed to (SUPPOSED to) notify ATF if/when you change calibers, but do you need to notify if you change barrel length? I’m considering an SBR lower and switching between 10.5” and 14.5”.

My local shop has a new Colt 6920 for $850 out the door, is that worth it? I’ve never owned a Colt before.

Can't put an upper with a shorter barrel length than the one that you put on the form 1. You can change calibers as much as you want, as long as you keep the parts to reconfigure the rifle back to it's original length and caliber. (original length that you put on the form 1, not the length before)

>is that worth it?
Thats what they cost these days
Are they worth it? No
>Never owned a colt
You are not missing much
Is the change permanent modification to the regulated firearm? No? No notification required.

The BCGs are p cheap and have a decent coating. are they any good?

Attached: 009-FZM16-4-01-NH_00.jpg (2200x1467, 95K)

Just buy toolcraft

it IS a toolcraft.

You dont need the coating

>need

1 butt plate screw and 1 cheek rest screw fell out of the RDB 500 rounds in because it wasn't lock-tited

Attached: rdb no locktite.jpg (1200x900, 216K)

Its fucking keltec what did you expect?
Also, haven't you had this thing for years at this point and you are just hitting 500?

I just got it a week ago. It's great suppressed because you don't get gassed in the face. zero malfunctions with steel or brass case.

Attached: rdb 17.4 surge 7.62.jpg (1600x728, 320K)

>Press F
>More like press S to spit on grave
The guy was legitimately a mentally retarded faggot that shot at people. I'm glad he's done us a favor and shuffled off this mortal coil, it was only a matter of time before he did something retarded with guns and gave grabbers in CO excuses to fuck shit up even more.

>just got it a week ago
Carry on then, I must have you confused with someone else

si the surefire socom brake with warden still good or are there better options?

I want one. Other than the screws backing out, what's been your experience?

who's your number 1 fan scaranon the guy who found you out?

points very well, about the same if not better than a 10.5" ar. charging handle is hard to grab, bolt release is so stiff you have to reach over and press both down at the same time. It has some ergonomic problems but not because it's a bull-pup. it's simple things like charging either latches to tight or not at all or the bolt release is nearly unusable. recoil is about the same as an AR once gassed right.

that being said 17.4" barrel for the same length as a fully collapsed 10.5" ar.

Attached: RDB sample 1.webm (640x480, 1.19M)

I regret not getting a milspec charging handle. The gucci ones with their little tabs are awkward as fuck

Should have gotten a BCM Ambi or the Bendy Bill Ambi ones

It is

Sounds like per usual Kel-Tec, the basic concept is great, but the execution could be a bit better polished. I'll have to pick one up sometime.

I never got to say goodbye to wgws. feels bad

Taken out by the anime dmr 2.0 kaboom is sad, but poetic

He still lives on, in your head, rent free.

If he was involved in the car accident, does that imply that a police officer had to diddle his anime dmr and potentially confiscate it on account of CO?

Did wuggy finally manage to kill himself or was it a brain bleed or something?

>a police officer had to diddle his anime dmr and potentially confiscate it on account of CO?
This. I'm hoping he caught a felony charge (or 3) over his unregistered salt weapons. I don't want the guy dead, but dear god should he not own firearms.

Attached: WGWS Kills.webm (1920x1080, 2.91M)

No its not. Fail zero makes their own. Separate company from Toolcraft. Also not all nickel boron coated BCGs are applied to the same standards.
Toolcraft is great for the money. Failzero has a legitimate amount if complaints.

>I'm hoping he caught a felony charge
You make me sad

I used some basic bitch buffer spring on my build and its a pretty squeaky louder then my other builds. I don’t need a meme buffer system but is there any springs / ways to quote it down a bit?

Attached: A047782C-6BAE-401F-85CC-7534CC4627B7.jpg (4032x3024, 3.61M)

Would you rather I wish he was dead? The felony charge will strip him of gun rights even if he pleads to something lesser, which needs to happen, the guy is a legitimate danger to himself and others.

Is that a poverty state arms? if so its pretty nice.

Remember that time he dremeled into a fiberglass reinforced stock without a respirator? Good times.

just hold your breath dude respirators are gay

Someone posted this the other day, how was this rattle can job done? Here’s a close up.

Attached: image.jpg (2338x703, 1.41M)

Sponge

Cut down the barrel

Get the MDR pussy. Go Halo, or go home.

>mdr
Stay home

Flannel Daddy likes it.

he likes it as a free toy that he received to review. not as something to take to courses, deployment, etc.

How can this thing be topped?

Attached: trijicon_ta31_d_100288_acog_4x32_red_chevron_1094627.jpg (2500x2500, 325K)

>but dear god should he not own firearms.
Normally I'd SHALL post at you for suggesting someone lose access to guns, but in this case I entirely agree. Gun owners as a whole will be better off without him.

Attached: 1557878647463.png (1555x829, 1.86M)

With an optic with better eye relief

a reticle that isn't fucking garbage would be nice

Wow, you're so open minded. Very cool!

>A NEW CHALLENGER APPROACHES

Attached: 136723.jpg (880x660, 56K)

these are both dog shit.
get a LPVO or magnifier + rds

This is BS and wrong. You just need to be able to revert it to the length described on the form

I wouldn’t consider a keltec as something to take on deployments either.
And with that in mind, I’d say MDR>RDB
Because Halo.

>battery
>worse reticle
>brick
>arms
COD kiddie

>>worse reticle
there's little in the world thats worse than a fucking chevron you brainwashed retard

Calm down

have sex

>too stupid to use a chevron
>too stupid to articulate why

>too low iq and myopic to think of the obvious glaring issues with a bloated reticle that adds no functionality over a central dot + bdc