Guns in space

Yuri Gagarin brought a Tokerev pistol into space, are there any other cases of guns in space.

Attached: Gagarin-1-648x487.jpg (648x487, 69K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/HNyXbdkTF-k?t=146
youtube.com/watch?v=hUdkIn7C9fA
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Whipple_shield
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

The soviets issued a gun for cosmonauts. Double barrel shotgun with a third 5.45 barrel. The stock is also a machete. It was intended as a survival gun to be used after landing in Siberia.

Attached: tp82.jpg (1920x1285, 297K)

only the soviets used a specific dedicated survival gun, and were more predominately to carry them cause they normally landed in Siberia.

Nasa claims to have never armed its astronauts with firearms, but trained them to use the TP-82.

Salyut 3 was armed with an autocannon
"The Salyut 3, although called a "civilian" station, was equipped with a "self-defence" gun which had been designed for use aboard the station, and whose design is attributed to Nudelman.[1] Some accounts claim the station was equipped with a Nudelman-Rikhter "Vulkan" gun, which was a variant of the 23 mm Nudelman aircraft cannon, or possibly a Nudelman NR-30 30 mm gun.[12] Later Russian sources indicate that the gun was the virtually unknown (in the West) Rikhter R-23.[13] These claims have reportedly been verified by Pavel Popovich, who had visited the station in orbit, as commander of Soyuz 14.[12] Due to potential shaking of the station, in-orbit tests of the weapon with cosmonauts in the station were ruled out.[1] The gun was fixed to the station in such a way that the only way to aim would have been to change the orientation of the entire station.[1][12] Following the last manned mission to the station, the gun was commanded by the ground to be fired; some sources say it was fired to depletion,[12] while other sources say three test firings took place during the Salyut 3 mission.[1]"

BASED

Sons of Liberty gun works just sent up two of theirs in a space x rocket sometime in the last 6 months

Glock 22 on Challenger

Attached: 40 glawk explosion.jpg (1200x797, 48K)

Supposedly during emergencies, astronauts on the ISS take shelter on the Russian half, not only because it's sturdier built, but has a handgun onboard.

kek'd

> yuri with Tokarev
> vs armstrong with 1911
> in space

Who wins

I'm not usually into conspiracys but holy shit.

It makes sense if the escape capsule lands in a hostile area

the bullets are weightless, all you would to do is literally blow at them to send them off course

Yeah, okay, take your helmet off and blow and see what happens
>what is: explosive decompression

lmao

inside the space station I meant. How are you supposed to achieve combustion in open space lmao

Theory goes right now, guns work in space. Modern ammo has oxidizers in the powder.

People with this level of inteligence live among us, wasting our oxygen

It's not like they're vacuumed sealed and vented during loading anyways

imagine going through life this clueless
youtu.be/HNyXbdkTF-k?t=146
youtube.com/watch?v=hUdkIn7C9fA

>Sergei, we have gun for cosmonaut
>Gun? why is not sword also?

fukin kek

Yeah but the bullets are weightless. They would bounce off like ping pong balls rofl
do you ever stop and think before opening your stupid mouth? shut the fuck up

It's mass and energy that make it dangerous, not weight. Asteroid dust and flecks of paint can be dangerous at high enough speeds in space

He took a Makarov not a Tokarev

Attached: ECF5C87E-67B3-444B-A34A-8107F461819A.jpg (110x125, 4K)

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Whipple_shield
Wouldn't need these if weightless stuff just bounced off like ping pong balls, would we?

he carried a katusha rocket truck.

shoot me with a bullet from space and see what happens

a weightless bullet is still weightless no matter how fast it is travelling. You could shoot a pickup truck at me in space and I could literally stop it with my hand

Stupid nigger

>hur I have no idea what I'm talking about so everyone else must be a nigger

Attached: istrebitel sputnik eng.jpg (1000x891, 519K)

>nothing would happen, there's no weight!
>moon is covered in impact craters
Stop stealing my Oxygen, faggot

Attached: OxygenStealingWhores.jpg (200x313, 17K)

Mass and velocity are what matters. “ weight” is relative to the gravitational field, or lack of one. But mass and velocity exist outside of gravity.

But our troll knows this.

Um sweety a giant asteroid crashing into the fucking moon at the speed of light is completely different from space tyrone shooting his hi point at me

You have been told before: kinetic energy is a product of velocity and mass, not weight.

Image related: the big hole was caused by a piece of plastic, weighing half an ounce.

Attached: fixedw_large_4x.jpg (1224x918, 291K)

do you even physics? mass with no weight means the bullets stops dead in its tracks the second it touches me

>all these no physics trolls spreading misinformation
which college did you attend? clown or barber?

>Tokerev pistol

Attached: 1501553133286.jpg (677x960, 87K)

All the lulz

There as a time in South America when Hitmen would dip their bullets in a cocaine solution. Supposedly it made the bullets travel much quicker. They swore by it. Even a low cal bullet dipped right would shoot a mile away. Gun barrels never lasted. They swore by it. The govts to give them psychological help would stick their lacrimal caruncles with electric needles. Which they believed would correct their corpus callusum. The idea is no earthly guns could be used in space. It’s a void the bullet needs a secondary reaction to propel it through the void. If the gun is not made correct it would explode instantaneously as one side would receive solar heat.

And also soviet space stations had fire axes on board as we know from when the Spectr module got damaged and an electric fire broke out that required one of hte cosmonauts to axe off part of the power supply from the damaged solar panel.

propaganda. everyone knows an axe fired in space would just bounce right off

jej

Attached: cowabungaitis.jpg (660x880, 86K)

LOL

>tfw bought into the higher education meme
>years of education to get a master's in physics
>come across this fucking comment

why must people do this to the subject i once loved

Damn son

Attached: Oni.jpg (642x479, 162K)

are you trying to say that russians don't tell childish lies about everything?

The Makarov was the standard before the TP. Since the TP has been decommissioned, they reverted to the pistol on the equipment list but they always 'elect not to take it'. I do wonder if it's still the Makarov or if it's a Grach or something now.
>weightless
They still have mass and momentum you retard. You could push a pickup truck sure, but you still couldn't throw it like a baseball because you still need to overcome its momentum. And if the pickup hit you at 100mph relative to you, you'd still go splat.
Even BP has its oxidizer in the powder, not just modern powder.

why don't you break it down for us isaac jewton

are you retarded? I'm weightless, the pickup is weightless, we would all bounce around like marbles. The pressure from me exhaling is enough to stop it

By your logic your breath is weightless as well, so it just bounces off the bullet and has no effect on it either.
You're also weightless while you fall (that's all 0g is, falling with enough sideways velocity to miss the planet). So given a fired bullet starts to fall as soon as it leaves the barrel, so you should be fine as long as you jump before it hits you right? Bullet and target are weightless at that point. And skydivers are immune to bullets?

Both were likely used at some point, though I can't find specific evidence of the tokarev.

At one point I had a pic of the 1911 brought on early u.s. missions but I can't find it now,.

Attached: NAZ-3 Survival Kit.jpg (600x394, 63K)

um sciencelet if a skydiver and bullet are both falling towards the earth at terminal velocity the bullet won't even touch him. jesus christ are people really this stupid

Makarov was the standard for Cosmonauts from the start until the TP82. I've never seen any reference to the Tok being used and it was officially replaced in general service by the Mak a decade before Gagarins flight, not to mention its larger and heavier. No reason to assume they were both used.
Yeah just a troll. Nobody is this thick. How fucking boring is your life that convincing people on the internet that you're actually brain damaged is fun for you?

>ad hominem
opinion discarded. do you have any actual input on the topic at hand or are you just going to call everyone a troll you fucking ignoramus

space is bullshit

Literally this

Attached: 1534366437725.png (870x1147, 238K)

K=(1/2m)(v^2) faggot

>in your spacesuit
>fingers of the glove don't fit in the fucking trigger guard
Winner is the one with the heavier blunt object

>on the Space station
>you either hit your enemy or poke a hole through the hull + possibly something important, like life support
MAD doctrine applies, neither is likely to actually win

>oxidizers
>modern
Nigger, literally every propellant for firearms uses it's own oxidizer.

Being in orbit is just falling. You're falling down, but also have enough sideways velocity to miss the body you're orbiting.
This is why orbital radius is determined by your velocity. This is why rockets boost up only at the start and then go mostly sideways to get into orbit.
Falling does make an object weightless but doesn't magically eliminate their mass or their momentum.
If you put a gun at the top of a vacuum chamber, had it rigged to drop and rigged it to fire as it fell, it would be in effectively the same conditions as if you fired it in space, in orbit. It would fall, and thus be it and its ammunition would be weightless, and it would still kill you if the bullet hit you.
Add the air back in but otherwise leave the set up the same and nothing changes except a tiny variation in the rate at which it falls and the resistance the bullet experiences. Unless you're saying that these factors are what's saving you in space, what you're saying is effectively that a gun that's dropping can't kill you. Then realize that the bullet is dropping and thus weightless as soon as it leaves the barrel, and you're effectively saying that no bullet can hurt you.
An objects mass and momentum are independent of gravity. Just because its weightless, it doesn't mean it has no mass.
Now, which step don't you get?
>Tape a pen to your glove finger
>use pen-finger to pull trigger.
>now undisputed master of space combat.
2 ez.

lmao did you dust off your high school textbook? what the fuck does this prove

>Kinetic Energy equals one-half mass times velocity squared.
Faggot's not a part of the equation. It's just a descriptor of you.
I know, it's confusing and all

Someone's been to cracker barrel

imagine falling for such obvious bait

This article is true. If gun doesn't work in space, how the AMERICAN invasion on Moon Kingdom happened huh? World's knows that Challenger and Columbia exploded after being sabotaged by that old hag Yukari Yakumo.

Attached: Accurate_depiction_of_the_First_Lunar_War.png (500x400, 17K)

Yukari hates the moon she wouldnt sabotage them

I call bullshit.

Thats why everyone ignored that post. Its another based schizo poster