Why was the Sherman the worst tank of World War 2?

Why was the Sherman the worst tank of World War 2?

Attached: Typical Sherman.jpg (1920x1080, 153K)

Must we have this exact thread once a week?

Because you're a brainlet that has never done even wikipedia research on the actual terrible tank designs to serve in.

Attached: Tetrarch.png (300x224, 80K)

>Tetrarch
>Terrible
It was entirely serviceable for what it was designed to do. That's not to say that what it was designed to do was a smart plan, but in any case, it could at least do its job. There were a load of tanks from WWII that couldn't even say that much.

Attached: R-35.jpg (800x612, 234K)

>r-35 doesn’t do its job
It was designed to be cute.
Do you say otherwise?

well fuck me... I guess I shit the bed there. Still, plenty of fugly French interwar "cavalry" tank to go with.

Attached: FCM 36.jpg (3072x2304, 2.06M)

Oh, wait; I can play this game too!
>Why was the BT-5 the worst tank of World War 2?

Attached: BT-5.jpg (1116x666, 99K)

>Why was the IS-2 the worst tank of World War 2?

Attached: IS-2.jpg (2048x1482, 654K)

>Why was the Panzer IV the worst tank of World War 2?

Attached: Panzer IV.jpg (1197x671, 221K)

>Why was the T-34 the worst tank of World War 2?

Attached: T-34 Mod 1931.jpg (2184x1477, 469K)

>Why was the Panzer VIB Tiger II the worst tank of World War 2?

Attached: Tiger II Early.jpg (1100x758, 238K)

>mutt chimpout
lole!

>Why was the Type 97 Chi-Ha the worst tank of World War 2?

Attached: Type 97 Chi-Ha.jpg (1024x752, 352K)

>Why was the Jagdpanzer IV the worst tank of World War 2?

Attached: Jagdpanzer IV.jpg (1280x720, 217K)

>Why was the KV-2 the worst tank of World War 2?

Attached: KV-2(1).jpg (1232x812, 157K)

>Why was the Panzerjager Tiger(P) Ferdinand the worst tank of World War 2?

Attached: Panzerjager Tiger(P) Ferdinand.jpg (1024x783, 211K)

why are brown people so insecure?

>That cupola on the R35 where the commander/gunner/loader has to lock his helmet into the roof to look around and spin it
What the fuck were the French thinking?

>Why was the IS-3 the worst tank of World War 2?

Attached: IS-3.jpg (1280x720, 139K)

>Why was the PT-76 the worst tank of World War 2?

Attached: PT-76.jpg (1429x1161, 837K)

>Why was the Leopard 2A4 the worst tank of World War 2?

Attached: Leopard 2.jpg (1200x667, 186K)

>Why was the Merkava Mk.2 the worst tank of World War 2?

Attached: Merkava 2.jpg (970x687, 269K)

>Why was the T-80 the worst tank of World War 2?

Attached: T-80.jpg (1024x648, 85K)

>Why was the Mark 1 Female the worst tank of World War 2

Attached: Disabled_Tank_Gaza_1917.jpg (638x434, 192K)

>Why was the M1A2 Abrams the worst tank of World War 2?

Attached: M1A1 Abrams.jpg (1720x1160, 497K)

>Why was the T-72 the worst tank of World War 2?

Attached: T-72(1).jpg (2288x1712, 1.11M)

>Why was this other T-72 the worst tank of World War 2?

Attached: T-72.jpg (1280x853, 257K)

>Why was this T-72 also the worst tank of World War 2?

Attached: T-72B.jpg (1432x982, 1.16M)

>Why was the Lockheed F-117 Nighthawk the worst tank of World War 2?

Attached: Lockheed F-117(2).jpg (2776x1852, 258K)

>Why was the Canadian Avro VZ-9 the worst tank of World War 2?

Attached: Avro Canada VZ-9.jpg (564x428, 51K)

>Why was the Maginot Line the worst tank of World War 2?

Attached: 1508811908634.jpg (2445x864, 541K)

>Why was the USS Yorktown the worst tank of World War 2?

Attached: Yorktown.jpg (1186x770, 565K)

>Why was the Buran the worst tank of World War 2?

Attached: Buran.jpg (4697x2980, 2.19M)

in what category ?
meh off road performance and meh 75 mm gun
but can you air drop an m4 ?
nothing bad to say
its just an old type
2qt for this world
track plates damage themselves quickly
gearbox needs work as do Axel bearings
expensive and thin armor
drive line is only sufficient not excellent

>Why was the AIM-9L Sidewinder the worst tank of World War 2?

Attached: AIM-9L Sidewinder.jpg (1024x768, 119K)

>Why was these rounds used by the UNSC the worst tank of World War 2?

Attached: 1490332604665.png (526x959, 320K)

>Why was the HARP cannon the worst tank of World War 2?

Attached: 16 Inch 100 Caliber HARP.jpg (304x480, 32K)

It wasn't, that'd be a japanese tank.

Attached: IMG_2929.jpg (1000x600, 137K)

>Why was the Tau the worst tank of World War 2?

Attached: gif-pixel-art-tau-empire-Hammerhead-1768723.gif (684x340, 1.47M)

>Why was Buster Gonad and his Unfeasibly Large Testicles the worst tank of World War 2?

Attached: 1503636695755.jpg (700x517, 72K)

>Why was this abstract kind of Jagdpanzer 38(t) the worst tank of World War 2?

Attached: 1550218954195.jpg (573x584, 62K)

>Why was this guy the worst tank of World War 2?

Attached: 1518749255235.jpg (960x554, 121K)

>Why was Maynard James Keenan the worst tank of World War 2?

Attached: Maynard_d0d5fc_5345238.gif (440x320, 535K)

>Why was flan the worst tank of World War 2?

Attached: 1511294242171.jpg (2937x1736, 575K)

why you are fucking retarded?

>Why was this guide to affordable firearms the worst tank of World War 2?

Attached: Guide to Cheap Firearms.jpg (1950x2504, 826K)

>Why was this meme the worst tank of World War 2?

Attached: fcebdd2b6a571826e90e2da0da154480_1856354e59_t.png (206x300, 32K)

>Why was OP the worst tank of World War 2?

Attached: 1560884318112.png (499x516, 308K)

DON'T TALK SHIT ABOUT THE HARP CANNON

I'm about to mosh all over the worst tank of WW2 if he doesn't release that album soon

>btw senpai 7.62 x 39 is kinda shit for home defense if you are not careful with those cheap FMJs... it will rip thru walls and may kill sleeping family members or neighbors.
truest thing i have ever heard, but so tru its fucking hilarious.
btw fix that yugo pap price. no longer $450

Attached: why pepe.png (207x169, 55K)

Bitch please, the Yorktown was one of the best tanks of WW2.
Survived Coral Sea, then got repaired in weeks to be sent to Midway, to be hit again, left burning and listing, then reboarded to try to save her, succeeded in stopping the damage, only to actually be sunk when a Japanese sub spotted her being towed back to Pearl. Had it not been for that sub then she would have been repaired again and sent back out.

August 30, boy

i'm gonna be real I didn't even know they'd announced a date

>Why was Tool the worst tank of World War 2?
Well there ya go man. Release date announced, credible sources saying a single in July, and two new songs performed multiple times at live shows (both of which are fucking amazing)

Attached: tool-the-numbers-the-numbers.jpg (1000x1000, 201K)

>new TOOL before the heat death of the universe

No shit kek, I remember it being "due next year bro" when I was a junior in high school. I'm 27.

Attached: hellyeah.jpg (449x451, 52K)

>When you find out you were the worst tank of World War II all along.

Attached: 1441845729815.jpg (1200x868, 341K)

burgers sure are sensitive

>The real worst tank of World War 2 was the friends we made along the way

Its more we have this thread literally every week and it always ends the same way, people post statistics showing that the "Tommy Cooker" was actually the safest tank of the entire war with the highest crew survival rate and wehraboos cry because the allies bullied papa hitler into suicide and some faggot slavnigger chimps about the T34 in the back

i think people just tend to get tired of the same old low effort crap getting posted and they find it fitting to mock you. the only cope i have seen in this thread has been your tear filled posts that have been sprinkled in between the dozen or so people mocking you.

>people post statistics showing that the "Tommy Cooker" was actually the safest tank of the entire war with the highest crew survival rate
burgers also like making claims without the evidence to back them up

>20% crew fatality rate
An absolute fucking deathtrap, truly.

Attached: Attrition-Fig.-50.png (768x396, 131K)

burgers also don't realize when evidence does not support the claims they're making

>1 person dies on average when a tank is killed
>this means the tank is a deathtrap and the worst tank of the war

i didn't claim the sherman was a death trap. you claimed it was "the safest tank of the entire war with the highest crew survival rate." are you really dense enough to not see how this does not support your claim?

>A knocked out vehicle is one to two casualties at most

Wow, real deathtrap there.

Yep. Germans built the best tanks of the war, and this triggers the mutt.

These are the second worst tanks of World War 2, by far. You can tell because the glue holding the tanks together failed under the least challenging of circumstances.

This flan, however, is the absolute worst tank of World War 2, by far. By eating flan, it would lead to monstrously stinky flatulence, killing entire crews of tanks. There was the burning hot death of the M4 Sherman. But that was no match to the poison gas flatulence caused by flan.

>I remember it being "due next year bro" when I was a junior in high school. I'm 27.
Yeah, from the kind of idiots who say "bro". Tool's never deceived anyone about the album; people ask, they say no, or nothing at all. Fanboys make up stupid rumors, and read way too much into dumb shit. Tool has confirmed the album is damn near complete, played songs they've been working on since 2007, and gave a solid release date. It's happening.

>I'm shitposting so fucking hard!
>but I'm not doing any of THAT shitposting!
Not that user, but your argument is shit even if he's wrong.

>germans build the best tanks of the war
>half of them are over engineered monstrosities with the operational range of a paraplegic and guzzle fuel like alcoholics at happy hour
>all of them get absolutely shit on by "inferior" tanks
The only good German tank from the entire war wasn't even a tank, it was a fucking assault gun

>Germans built the best tanks of the war
i disagree with this, but the burgers making unsubstantiated claims and then changing the argument when called out on it does not help their position. they don't have the data to say the sherman was the safest tank of all. when called out on it, they then say that i'm accusing the sherman of being a death trap, which was not the case. i'm aware of the statistics and am confident that i've done more research thatn they have on the subject, which is one reason why i won't make a claim that ANY tank is the safest of the war. data for many vehicles is simply unavailable or undisseminated, and some sample sizes they'll throw out are pretty small.

>your argument is shit
lol ok. the claim is the sherman was the safest tank of the war. what was the survival rate for knocked out tigers, tiger 2s, panzer iiis, churchills, challengers, is-2, m3 lees, crusaders, char b1s, somua 35s? surely you have this information and all these survival rates are lower than the sherman's to make this claim!

>Feel so insecure about yourself that you need to make a weekly dump thread on a tank that was used by every major Allied power of WWII, was widely liked by crews of all user nations, was effective in combat, easy to produce, easy to maintain, and consistently shit on the Axis powers from start to finish
>Thread gets completely shit on
>"B-burgers sure are s-sensitive!"
Cry some more, faggot.

Attached: M4A2 (76)W.jpg (2714x1809, 523K)

In what way did they? Also, even if they did, then they weren't worth a damn because they couldn't fuel them, transport them, or resupply them. Oops.

i would if i was the op

But the T-34 was the best tank of the war and the Russians built that one

Nice bait.

Indeed. The T34-85 is widely regarded as the best tank of WW2. In one incident, an entire company of Tiger 2's attempted to destroy a lone advancing T34-85 only to have all their rounds bounced by the T34's superior angled armor. Said T34 dispatched all the Tiger 2's with a single shot to their frontal armor that was constructed of pig iron. Wartime records indicate that the T34-85 had a K/D ratio of 50,000,000:1. The single lost vehicle due to the crew drinking too much in celebrating their 1000th Tiger kill, and then driving their tank into a 20-feet deep river of German blood. Fear of the T34 was so great, that Germans would immediately surrender upon sight of them. The prisoners were then forced to lie down, and promptly run over by T-34's to avenge the 6 million Jews. Many historians contend that the Allies only won WW2 because of the T34-85, and by extension, the T34-series as a whole.

0/10

>T-34
>Best tank
Says the peasant farmer in his cannon fodder

Attached: Titelbild.jpg (800x450, 248K)

>the claim is the sherman was the safest tank of the war.
No, the claim was "burgers sure are sensitive". Don't go playing the victim of some kind of argumentative runabout because you made some stupid antagonistic comment. And don't come here with your "I won't make a claim that any tank is the safest of the war" bullshit. If you gave half a fuck about objectivity in the matter, you wouldn't throw around your stupid fucking sarcasm and attitude.
I don't have any data. I'm not here to argue that point. I'm not saying shit about "what X is better than Y because I hate Z nationality for no reason". I'm saying that you can't be a bitch then start crying foul when you get treated like one.

Attached: 1518996414557.jpg (284x288, 30K)

I think you'll find the worst tank of the war was the Panther.
>75mm HE strikes side of turret
>turret shatters
Pathetic

Attached: hk42bg55j1101.jpg (960x713, 187K)

lol wtf are you going on about?

>I'm saying that you can't be a bitch then start crying foul when you get treated like one.
I feel like I was pretty clear. Tank threads on this board hang on by a thread of objectivity, and, frankly, it pisses me the fuck off when faggots like you come here pretending to know what you're talking about, and that you have even the slightest interest in armor, when really you're just here to vomit up another "lol, stupid burger" or "mutts btfo!"
I get it. I get that the cancer doesn't go away. I get that people like you are as much a part of this website as anything else. But for the love of god, don't come here with this "I've done my research! I know better than you!" garbage to justify name calling.

Seething

>faggots like you come here pretending to know what you're talking about
>I don't have any data

I mean, I guess? I'm mad that we can't have a meaningful discussion here because of people like you. Really not so much about "Ow, my fragile American sensibilities", and more "You're killing a place that has shown potential for the constructive exchange of ideas and information."
In any case, this is bearable. This is shitposting. This is harmless. It's easy for me to ignore, and it's easy for you to do. Nobody has to pretend.

>faggots like you come here pretending to know what you're talking about
>I'm not going to pretend I know about something I don't
See how this works, dumbass?

I suppose I'll be the devil's advocate for this wehraboo sigh....
>In what way did they?
Armor protection, firepower, optics, survivability ect... Although as you mentioned below they were never going to win the war, hell even if they just went with the "mak moar pz4 n panther" meme they still would have lost. Kraut manufacturing simply couldn't keep up to the allied war machine.
>they couldn't fuel them, transport them, or resupply them. Oops.
They could do all of those things, just not efficiently or adequately as required do to the war situation and their cluster fuck of a supply chain.
I tend to think of the panther and tiger ii as the precursors to the modern mbt. Being rather heavy, well protected, with suburb firepower but require a first world nation not under a wartime apocalypse to be able to produce them in numbers and maintain their complex systems.

BTs kicked the shit out of the Japs at Nomohan, they were just used wrong on the Eastern Front and they weren't well suited to that kind of warfare.

Because it won the war. Naziboos and commiecucks hate that fact.

>they weren't well suited to that kind of warfare.
You mean the kind where the enemy aren't 4 feet tall and actually shoot back?

Surely this can't be true

Epic reddit meme

Attached: IMG_8404.jpg (553x574, 70K)

It was if you wanted to survive.

>No Bob Sermples
for shame Jow Forums

Attached: bobsemple.png (492x314, 200K)

What's your argument here? That the late-production Panther's poor quality armor wasn't bad because the early-production T-34's poor quality armor was?

if you don't pretend to do so, kudos. unfortunately, others are not so intellectually honest, as you can see if you read the responses that occurred before you so ham-fistedly jumped into the conversation. i'm quite content with my knowledge of the subject, and the claim HAS been made in this thread that the sherman was the safest tank of the war, a claim which cannot be backed up. rather than killing a search for constructive information exchange, i'm trying to keep people honest about making nationalistic and baseless boasts when they can in no way provide evidence for them. but luckily for you, i have to be at work in a few hours so i'm off to bed now. keep fighting the fight against intellectual honesty or whstever you're doing

>Bob Semple
>Worst tank
No user, shame on you.

Attached: Bob Semple.png (639x904, 397K)