Git Gud Guide:
mega.nz/#!86AmzYaA!Z88rBjdIcBeTitTrOLX08LFjqKVzLmUpAWRaUEnyO0Y

Attached: 60guns.jpg (2100x1503, 895K)

Other urls found in this thread:

gun.deals/search/apachesolr_search/640832007756
vintagegungrips.net/shop/mab-model-d-pistol/
waltherarms.com/handguns/ppq/ppq-45/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

seriously though, what 22 pistol looks nice with a 6" suppressor on it besides the MkIV

hey FUCK YOU guy. what’s your favorite revolver

Just buy the MkIV.
Or if you have money to burn buy one of the volquartsen versions.

Are you drunk?
Drunk from semen

Dan Wesson .357
I'd like to buy another but I can't justify two grand for a revolver.

I hate how shoddily the new safety and slide release are designed. Plus, can't remove the left side safety (I'm a lefty).

Burt I just picked up a high standard that was my grandpa's from forever ago. Do you know a good place to start looking for mags for it?

two grand? what model

I bought a TP9SFX and it had a light strike on 10 out of 150 rounds.
Failure to feed on about 10 of the 150 as well.

WTF no one I know has had an issue with canik, not even people online. baka

Why didnt you just get a glock

In that case I've heard good things about the TX22 and really bad things about the walther P22

I have 500 rounds through mine with the only issue I've found is it's easy to ride the slide release. I'd make a phone call tomorrow because it sounds like you might have got a dud? Were you shooting 124gr by any chance?

Vz. 61 or Tec 9?

tec 22

115gr
because i wanted to be accurate

I know with the very early models they had some issues with people shooting higher gr loads but I ran 50 124gr and 50 147gr through mine out of curiosity and had no problems.
Honestly did you clean and oil it when you first got it or just take it out of the box and start blasting? If you oiled it first I'd call tomorrow and get it looked at because mine's been a work horse.

Even the range one they had that I tried out before I bought mine was a champ. The range guy was the one who talked me into trying it even though they don't even sell them in the store. He shoots one competitively and loved it too.

Yeah dude I read about people having issues when not oiling it. I disassembled it, lubed it with ballistol, and ran thru some motions to make sure it fed and ejected. Dry fired like 10 times.

Gotta call and see whats up, 100% a dud.

Wondering how this is gonna work since my brother gave me a straw to drink from.

It's hard to beat a 1" receiver tube mating with a 1" suppressor user.

Oh lawdy, best of luck my dude. You can find them on ebay and gunbroker, but expect to either pay $60-100 for the good factory ones, or $40-60 for the new production Triple K ones. Either way you will need to learn how to tune, tweak and modify them to work in YOUR specific gun, they don't work in all guns.

Which one did you inherit?

Assuming you only shot one kind of ammo, try another kind. Not every gun can reliably ignite hard primers. If it's doing it with more than one type of ammo, contact Canik, that's abnormal.

vz61 unquestionably is a better gun but lol32 and doesn't replicate the Tec9 aesthetic

Attached: de marked quietener.jpg (2000x1333, 970K)

Have him make the call? Not sure about your state but I can get things for my wife and other immediate family, assuming that you're legally aloud to have it.

The 60s is one of the few recentish decades where I have no handguns to show for it

I think that was primarily an issue with the Dutch police and their use of extra spicy ammo in it. If you're not running +p through it all day, you should be fine.

Attached: p5.jpg (1400x990, 811K)

>Which one did you inherit

I'll have to look that one up. I remember it from being a kid and him teaching me how to shoot. It would be pretty cool to use it to teach my kids with too.

Thanks for the info! I might rethink my decision and get a P5...hmmm iunno I’m even eyeing maybe getting a MAB PA 15 after Burt keeps posting these great photos.

My MAB Model D has the early type slide with the latch keeping the barrel bushing on, but the latch never actually kept the bushing on when I try shooting the gun. Did some surgery and tried to bend it back into shape. If that doesn't work, I'll probably just buy a new post war slide and have it wear that whenever I want to shoot the thing. I hope there's not too much hand fitting involved if I have to do that.

A new rear iron sight arrived in the mail today, so I'm going to get that put in sometime this week. I bought this with some shitty import plastic crap that couldn't even stay in the dovetail, so it was kinda useless. Grips are functional, though I would like to replace them with something that give the feel of the actual grips it had back in the day.

The PA 15 is yet another gun on my list of guns I want to own some day.

I have seen someone post that their P5 developed a crack eventually after normal use, but despite it being a Walther forum it was posted on, no one sounded like they had really heard of or seen anyone else having that happen to them stateside. It's possible that he just had bad luck with the gun he bought or something. I would definitely keep the gun on your radar.

Attached: mab.jpg (1600x1106, 620K)

It was a bit silly of me to worry over the P5 and it’s alloy frame given the Steyr GB has literal sheet metal as its frame. Though it does use a gas system that probably mitigates recoil the a point where it doesn’t matter.

The B76's frame is just sheet metal as well, so I guess there's that too.

I wouldn't say it was silly to worry about since I do believe that frame cracking was still sometimes an issue in either the P1 or P38. The P5 is the final evolution of all of those guns, so all of the bugs had pretty much been worked out by that point.

>Which one did you inherit?
It's a s101. He took great care of his guns too so it's still in great shape. Ended up with a German Mauser and a trench gun too. The Mauser is labeled Argentinean. Need to read up on a few of these.

>MAB PA-15
Ah well that I can redpill you on pretty hard. It's horrible to shoot.

I don't know how the French managed to frig up a rotating barrel so bad but it *hurts* to shoot, it's not even like oh this is a little heavier recoil like a .45, it feels like a magnum the way it stings my hand. It's crazy. I've heard people in forums describe it as a direct blowback 9mm which is pretty apt, if you've shot a direct blowback 9x18mak you know how unpleasant that can get after awhile. Well with REAL 9MM NATO it happens after 1 shot instead of 100, which is doubly confusing because it's an all steel heavy af full size gun, you'd never imagine it would feel like that to shoot. But it do.

But not just the sharp, painful recoil (which bruised my shoulder, and the explosions -- loud like a bomb -- gave me a temporary form of PTSD) but also the single action only trigger is like 10 pounds. 10 pounds in a DA is fine because you can feel the trigger moving and know what's happening and know when the shot is going to break at the end of the pull, but it's intolerable and deeply unpleasant in a single action where nothing moves, more pressure, nothing's moving, more pressure, surely it's going to break? more pressure, did I leave the safety on? more pre--BOOM. It's ridiculous!

Now the MAB PAP F1 might be better because it has a match trigger and a much longer, heavier slide, I dunno, but the run of the mill P-15/PA-15 is a monster. Collectors only please! Not a shooter's gun imo.

But boy are the pretty.

Justin opinion, take with a grain of salt, I am not an expert but I am a faggot don't listen to me.

Ah then finding working mags might be a bit easier as that's not one of the target models. Please post some nice pics when you get a chance!

Attached: mab me.jpg (2200x1467, 1.08M)

Have you gotten to do much more shooting with the mountain eagle since you got it? I still want to get a silly space gun and I'm just about ready to be in a position to get guns again finally. I already know the mags are kinda lame, but that'll be something I'll have to tackle when I get one. That pic also made me realize just how big even the "compact" version is.

Only shot it the once.

I'm really worried about breaking those precious plastic magazines so I don't want to shoot it often, it's the only gun whose mags I don't store loaded.

But when I did shoot it, it's almost as accurate as my High Standard, the trigger is very good, my eyes love the sharp black sights, and for a cheapo gimmick 80s plastic .22 it's even safe to dry fire!

Having the 16-round TX22 now makes me really appreciate how nice it is having big magazines, which makes the Mountain Eagle something desirable for more than just weirdo collector reasons. I wish it had lasted, we need more regular capacity .22s in the world.

Attached: feb 19 targ.jpg (2600x1733, 1019K)

how are the KEL-TEC PLR22 I've been thinking of getting a .22 gun.

I think it looks cool and its pretty cheap at $250

Attached: image76118-164b0b80716e3fe8cd72acc118facace.jpg (500x276, 18K)

I guess the mags are a big factor in the price of the gun, but otherwise I'm still a bit impressed with how well a seemingly cheapo .22 pistol is able to run apparently. I'll definitely be trying to pick one up once I get the chance to.

With the success I've been seeing in people figuring out how to 3D print glockazines, I think it might actually be fun to trial and error my way through getting a 3D printed version of this gun's mag into existence. Don't need to worry about those ones breaking!

I'm still definitely going to be getting myself a Walther PP as my first .22lr handgun, but this or its ramline friend will be next.

There are a surprisingly large number of Mountain Eagles and magazines on gunbroker right now.

And all of them disconcertingly close to the price of the gun itself

Attached: D4X2RQgX4AArNoZ.jpg (496x618, 45K)

Info on the MAB is much appreciated, what a shame the French of all people fucked up a rotating barrel. Literally one of the best systems for recoil mitigation and they fuck it up. Ah well, I settled on the P5 anyway since not only does it look badass, it’s not rare and mags aren’t too expensive compared to the GB.

>kel-tec

Attached: no.jpg (680x658, 33K)

>one of the best shooting, most ergonomic pistols on the market today
>Steyr has all but given up on importing them and there's no aftermarket

I'll never stop being mad about this. All I want to do is race this thing out, but finding someone to do slide cuts or barrel porting is comically hard, and I can't find any fun sticks outside of a pawn shop in Alabama that claims to have 20 and 30 round mags.

>one of the best shooting, most ergonomic pistols on the market today
>Steyr has all but given up on importing them and there's no aftermarket

I'll never stop being mad about this. All I want to do is race this thing out, but finding someone to do slide cuts or barrel porting is comically hard, and I can't find any fun sticks outside of a pawn shop in Alabama that claims to have 20 and 30 round mags

Attached: Steyr X Brut.jpg (2823x2160, 1.56M)

Thinking about a Hammerless, guy wants 600$ for it, really straight, no rust, doesn't come with an original mag though. Thoughts?

Attached: surp pistols.jpg (3812x1448, 1.07M)

>and mags aren’t too expensive
Side bonus: you can buy super cheap ($15) P38 mags and cut a new notch to fit the P5. The only difference is that P5 mags are about 3mm shorter. I had these milled but a Dremel cutoff wheel works just as well, for free.

Typical Austrians fading into nonexistence.

Attached: p38-to-p5.jpg (1900x1267, 922K)

What gun in top right?

I shot a handgun for the first time yesterday. It was an M9, and I loved it.

Attached: me_m9.png (963x645, 654K)

unless you shot the target from where it stands, no you didn't. That is a few years of shooting experience worth of trigger control on that target.

MAB P15

Rad!

It could have been, I've seen new shooters do that not just with .22s but also 9mm because they haven't yet learned to fear recoil.

First time. Swear to Christ. It was at 11 yards.

>It could have been, I've seen new shooters do that not just with .22s but also 9mm because they haven't yet learned to fear recoil.
I highly doubt that burt. The pic is a shitpost in its own right.

Sorry user, but if you truly are a first time ever shooter, it"s about a 99% chance one of your shots would be low left. Especially with a da/sa firearm and with no muscle memory

only fired in single action. I didn't like the long DA pull

When is it coming? I need my glock/PPQ/M&P killer right now,

Attached: Steyr L9-A2 MF.jpg (700x492, 31K)

>Glock killer
Kek no

he could have gotten some instruction and/or just be naturally good.

Attached: USP tac2.jpg (4197x2518, 2.9M)

The model 41 is best .22 handgat. Change my mind.

Attached: 0721181918a~2_compress65.jpg (2328x1310, 1.96M)

good for you bro

Attached: maxim9+USP.jpg (2500x1404, 1.16M)

Do you like your Maxim? Would you recommend it?

Ahh! There was one at my lgs recently, but my stupid brother bought it before I could!

Anybody use a fnx45 and a usp45? Is there a big difference in the recoil?

Fur sure, at 5-10 feet? That's not such a feat, though maybe not a whole magazine into a fist sized hole with centerfire.

I had a woman at the range last year and she hit 9/10 shots on a 6" gong with a P22 at about 5 yards (15 feet) having never handled a gun before.

I'm just Saiyan that pic could be a troll or it could not.

It's definitely not that.

who isnt on this site

What do you guys think? Should I grab a patrician G17 or a handlet G19? I can conceal either easily.

Time to start a new project!

Attached: trejo_modelo_3_kit.png (365x403, 49K)

>" i cant accept someone shoots better than me and is new to this, because i myself suck ass even after years of trying"
holy shit how sad of a projection.

>"hey before we start just make sure to keep your finger off the trigger unless you're shooting"
>"ok"
its not that hard retard

the 19 has more aesthetic dimensions but if you like the 17 and can conceal it well why not get that?

flip a coin, it doesnt really matter.

>wait almost a month for my PMM comp to come in
>finally arrives
>they sent me one with the wrong threading
At least it looks nice and is well made. Now I'll probably have to send it back and wait even longer for the one for I ordered.

Attached: IMG_2438.jpg (2909x2448, 1.16M)

>comp on a 9mm
plz die

Reminder pony guns suck

Attached: 1ACDEEE4-4E00-4A68-B1E8-069CFC878202.jpg (3752x2816, 2.29M)

I want a keltec cp33 so bad. everywhere its overpriced buy im so close to just buying one at 600.

Attached: czfam.jpg (2080x1560, 991K)

gents, what are thoughts on someone building a tec-9, that takes glock mags, and isn't a piece of shit?

>poorfag logic

google Masterpiece Arms

Should I buy a S&W 5906? For being such a big and heavy pistol I assume it’s comfortable to shoot.

Attached: 15CEEBE6-0E77-4EC6-9A4C-BE60685D91B0.jpg (800x531, 92K)

Yes. They're soft shooting and a classic wonder nine.

t.noguns
what does gun safety have to do with what I said? The beretta has like a 12 pound double action pull. And the single action is extremely light meaning a new shooter wouldn't be familiar with how to properly squeeze the trigger while keeping sights on target. The pic is something only an experienced shooter could do. First time shooters aren't shooting fist sized groups with a 9mm.

Frigging don't, just wait for them to get back in stock at $350. $600 is insane.
gun.deals/search/apachesolr_search/640832007756

Where the fuck do I get myself a Hi-Power?
Is Mach1Arsenal a reputable vendor?
What price would a decent one run me?

Are there any decent double stack .45 acp handguns other than the MK23/USP, HK45, and FNX?

those are just placeholders, I doubt they have even ever had them in stock, let alone at those prices.

I had the same problem, they’re usually beat to shit but yeah Mach1arsenal is reputable. That said I just saved myself money by getting an Arcus 94 hi power copy which in my experience is a good gun, I like the sharper lines of it but if you want MUH REAL hi power then get one from Mach1. FEGs are overpriced these days sadly.

Mine looked a lot like that when I got it. Changing out the rear sight is easy. I don't remember where I got the replacement grips from.

Unfortunately, mine has been doing nothing but light primer strikes lately. Last year it slamfired half a mag out of the blue, hasn't done it since. It needs to go to a gunsmith at the point, I think.

They're cool looking guns though. Comfy, too.

Attached: 20180421_132923.jpg (2576x1932, 1.82M)

Springfield XD, Sar K2, Walther PPQ and S&W SW99, S&W M&P M2.0, uhmmmm
2011s, CZ97, Beretta PX4, Sig P227, Ruger SR45... fuckinnnnn uhhh
HK45... Grand Power P45... there are lots man

And when they come in stock, they'll be that price. If not, move down the list to the next one!

Attached: fuddies.jpg (2200x1467, 638K)

anyone have any recommendations for nice wood grips for a cz rami?

Found the grips. They don't fit perfectly but they're way better than those silly thumb rest grips. Not too pricey, either.

vintagegungrips.net/shop/mab-model-d-pistol/

Attached: 20180421_132517.jpg (2576x1932, 1.3M)

grips4u

or alternatively google search "cz75 rami wood grips" like I just did

They're wonderful. Buy one before they become collectable and expensive.

Attached: 20190418_111646.jpg (2576x1932, 736K)

They’re heavy but not that big, pretty thin slide. Shouldn’t be a problem to carry with the right belt

>not owning both

They're both great guns but I unironically like the Trooper more.

Nice 586 though.

Attached: IMG_20190611_194500.jpg (3840x2160, 2.17M)

>SAR K2
Based

>ppq killer
do you even know what you want?

waltherarms.com/handguns/ppq/ppq-45/
>P320
>RAP
Sure.

Nice

Is ruger ok for someones first 1911 or should I buy something nicer?

The red baseplate on that high standard mag means it regularly goes for over $100 used.

Absolutely, Ruger 1911s are GREAT! They don't have a lot of frills and almost none come in black but they're solid and the warranty is tops.

Attached: high spegel.jpg (2200x1467, 420K)

It's a pretty good choice. Sig, Remington and Springfield Armory are also fine choices. Hell, even RIA would be okay for a first 1911, although it wouldn't be my first pick.

Just don't buy an old Colt Series 70 that was customized in the 80s. That's what I did and it's been a chore to get this thing to run right.

Attached: IMG_20190624_060807.jpg (2688x1512, 1.29M)

Cool thanks. Out of curiosity, what are the nicer 1911s you can get without spending an absurd amount of money?

Dan Wesson for around $1K. Sig for under $1K. Maybe a SA Range Officer.

Attached: IMG_20190616_134527.jpg (2688x1512, 1.52M)

Just got her back from the Gucci store

Attached: Glock2.jpg (640x480, 61K)

I'm not worried about replacing the rear sight being difficult, I just have to get off my ass and do it. I've got a little tiny nylon/brass mallet that I'll probably bop it into place with if it gets stubborn. Aside from parts specific to the early type slide, spare parts are still easy to come by, so that's probably good for you needing to get yours looked at.

For grips, I've been contemplating getting either Triple K's offering or getting one of the nice wood ones KSD makes. Also, should the screws for the target grips work with Triple K's grip, or would I need to order some new ones too?

While having a war time one is neat because the history really shows on it, I kinda wish I just got a post war commercial one instead. That latch on the slide holding it together was a stupid idea. The commercial ones don't have super rushed machining either like mine does, but I guess it adds character.

Attached: IMG_20190201_195344.jpg (3264x2448, 826K)

>spent obscene money on making a glock almost as good as a cz p10 optics ready model