Oh, you carry a revolver?

>oh, you carry a revolver?
>but what if you're attacked by seven niggers?

I always hear this argument and it's always the dumbest thing I've ever heard. If you're getting shot at by more than 2 dudes, you have far more pressing issues than not having enough bullets. You can't effectively take cover when you can be flanked from both sides, you can't force all of them to retreat when you can't aim at them, and you won't be able to avoid lines of fire when there are more than two angles on you. The greatest operator to ever live is going to get killed by a dozen retards if he's ambushed in the street on his way to Denny's and it doesn't matter what he's carrying, what he's wearing, or how good of a shot he is. You just die.

Self defense preparation should not involve exterminating a group of attackers. It should ALWAYS be about getting away from the dangerous situation as quickly as possible. Against one or two attackers, this is best done by shooting first and ending the threat. If there are nine dudes getting ready to attack you, your best bet is to make the chance of being shot outweigh any benefits of killing you since, again, you are NOT winning a gunfight against more than three attackers especially when even three already poses such a massive threat.

There ARE benefits to having higher capacity in your carry gun, but carrying a PMR-30 because you're trying to fight a platoon of pavement apes is not one of them.

Attached: 1447483447713.jpg (480x643, 54K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Yd3v_fssabI
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Need and not have bby.

Just carry more revolvers.

Attached: 600px-BS1911-TaurusPT92-2.jpg (600x255, 65K)

>Not preparing yourself to achieve a Sonny Crocker k/d ratio
Never
Going
To
Make
It

THERE WAS A FIREFIGHT!!!

Attached: firefight.jpg (1280x720, 37K)

This.

The "oh you will die anyway" argument is just as dumb. If not dumber.

If you want to carry a revolver, whatever. That is your prerogative. Live your best life and hope that you are never in a situation that calls for more than five or six rounds of .38. Or that you can John Wick the bad guy(s) and hit every shot.

Such a weird way to justify carrying a revolver. Just carry a revolver. But saying "if I'm ever in a situation that requires more than six rounds or a quick reload, I'm in over my head and I guess I'll just roll over and let them buttfuck me. You all should too" is meme-tier.

Anything could happen. That is true. The chance of being ambushed by a squad of gun-toting criminals is unlikely. That is also true. But ANYTHING could happen. You could mess up your draw and be shot. You could have a bad round in the chamber and misfire, then get shot. The suspect could notice you printing slightly, or just work out that you look like a guy that could carry then shoot you in the back of the head. But again, all of that is unlikely.

The best advice anyone could give is to carry a weapon, caliber, and size that you are comfortable with. Be aware of your surroundings. Never go into shady situations to begin with.

You know. The basics.

I think a better question is "why would you carry six shots when a semi auto can fit at least 8 into a thinner profile?"

Or

"What if you miss twice, and the first guy takes four shots to put out of action?"

Also, niggers are cowards who are only tough when there's a bunch of them beating on some poor defenseless white or Asian who they managed to pounce on while they were alone. If there's seven of them, they're not going to stand around waiting for you to run out of ammo by shooting five of them and then charge you once you're empty. They're going to fucking book it as soon as the first shot gets fired, or even as soon as your carry gun leaves its holster and they figure out that they chose the wrong target. Too many people here act like they're going to be walking around LV-426 waiting for xenomorphs to start attacking in waves and not stop until either they're all dead or you are. But that's not how citizen-involved self-defense shootings go tin the real world.

>but what if you're attacked by seven niggers?
Put a bullet in all of them.

Attached: Joshua.jpg (800x552, 63K)

so how does any of that justify carrying a revolver?

>"What if you miss twice, and the first guy takes four shots to put out of action?"
LOL yeah sorry, nobody’s going to keep going once I put four rounds of .357 Magnum through his chest. Not. Gonna. Happen.

You've clearly never dealt with tweakers

Retard

Attached: 1550093323256.png (615x706, 126K)

>Not. Gonna. Happen.
Has done and will do again. Pistol calibers are at best a compromise. Better to have more. You can say you like revolvers more, and that you don't think it's likely you'll even use it. That's fine. But to deny that semi auto handguns are better is flat out cognitive dissonance on your part.

Attached: [002888].jpg (354x640, 61K)

>You've clearly never dealt with tweakers
Meth doesn't give someone titanium lungs. Shredded lung tissue = they stop.
>"There's this one outlier case I found where a perp squeezed the trigger one more time as he was literally collapsing after getting hit, and that means .357 Magnum won't effectively and reliably stop a human being."
Just fucking stop.

>Meth doesn't give someone titanium lungs. Shredded lung tissue = they stop.
Now I know you've never dealt with tweakers

>Now I know you've never dealt with tweakers
No, really, meth isn't a Steve Rogers supersoldier formula. It makes people less sensitive to pain, but they still need to breathe or they can't keep going. Again, just stop.

>semi-autos are better
Really depends on what the gun is. Would you want 17 rounds of 9mm, or 5 rounds of what is essentially .243 WIN?

Unlike you, who has shot thousands of drug addicts, I'm sure.

Attached: Cartridge_comparison1.jpg (250x224, 15K)

You're just proving your own inexperience here but keep going lol plenty of reports about methheads not going down easily

More than that guy for sure

17 rounds of a controllable accurate round, without a doubt. If I wanted a rifle cartridge I would be carrying a rifle. If I want a lightweight defense tool that is easy to conceal and use if need be I'll carry a pistol.

I just look real world scenarios of attacks that happen and a person defended themselves with a gun. Off of that I look at how many attackers there are, how many rounds are fired, how many rounds actually hit. Going off all that, I felt at least 15+1 is minimal, with at least one back up for malfunctions/just in case.

So how many rounds *are* fired in a statistically average citizen-involved self-defense shooting, anyhow?

Back before the 90's everyone carried a revolver. Auto's a better in a lot of ways, but there's a lot of situations they can malfunction that a revolver can't.
In a real fire right what are the chances that you end up limp wristing? or you have to pull your gun while someone is on top of you beating your head in and the gun jams after the first round because it hits your body and can't chamber another round (see Treyvon Martin)
There are advantages and disadvantages to each. You're still better defended with any gun even a .22 derringer than unarmed. How optimally do you want or need to be defended? No one is going to drive around in a tank and wear level III body armor in the shower. Saying you need the best defense at all times possible is kinda dumb

Attached: glock nade.jpg (800x454, 72K)

What does this prove? 2 shots of .22lr is better than 5 of .357?
I think it's obvious that a Phoenix Arms 22 is the best gun

Like 4. He has literally no idea what he's talking about.
>light weight and easy to conceal
If I could make an LCR that could push 125gr ammo to 2500 fps, would you use it? Legitimately asking.

17 rounds

I might own it for the novelty, but at this point I've got so much practice in with 380, 9mm, and 45 that it would have to be a huge boost in performance for me to consider switching. Plus the downgrade in capacity would really dissuade me.

The entire thread's argument is that any gun is going to have the same effect on a literal mob of attackers regardless of capacity; they either shoot you or they fuck off when they start getting shot. You're fucked if they think you need to die because you will not win a firefight against a large group of armed attackers, especially if you're in the open and away from cover like you most likely will be in that situation. If they are easily persuaded by gunfire, even a derringer will be useful enough to keep them away because nobody wants to get shot.

It just seems like people think "multiple attackers" literally means "zombies". No mugger-murderer-rapist is going to approach a person that is actively firing a gun in their direction because even the most retarded idiot has enough of a sense of self-preservation to not do that regardless of how many people are on their side. There is a reason nobody wanted to be at the front line in a medieval battle; because they didn't want to be the first one to get rekt.

>literally collapsing after getting hit
>5 rounds
He soaked up 5 solid center of mass hits of .357 magnum and still fired back. It’s worth saying it’s an outlier (because it is) but just admit this disprove what you were saying retard

>t. carries Glock 32, same energy, 14 round capacity

what happens in the heat of the moment you unload all your rounds and dont hit anything....not even one for your own dome

Attached: 1559935925927.jpg (795x554, 51K)

Then you were far enough from them to get to cover and reassess the situation, or you were shot in the time it took to squeeze off 5 rounds. You're not trying to kill anybody with your CCW, you're simply trying to survive a lethal encounter. You have options besides "draw and fire" in many circumstances. In the ones where you don't, you should be guaranteed at least a 25% hit rate from the factors at hand.

Why not both?

Attached: IMG_0111.jpg (4032x3024, 3.62M)

None of you will ever have to use your concealed carries. You would probably miss if you ever had to anyhow

Attached: article-2203960-1509E357000005DC-132_1024x615_large.jpg (1024x615, 88K)

The point of carrying a revolver is the fact that you don't have to waste time trying to collect the casings after a shooting.

>two guns instead of a full size double stack
y tho

Revolver in the jacket pocket for contact shots or from full concealment and semi as a primary

based and revolver pilled

Attached: 1554657319870.jpg (500x438, 29K)

this

>not carrying more than 4 firearms on you at a time
Not gonna make it

What if you get attacked by seven bears op? What then?
That's why I carry a triple barrel shot gun revolver.

I would like to know what this looks like.

>Handgun rounds are ways a one shot kill and I never miss

Even 2 guys is asking a lot out of a revolver in a self defense situation.

>Auto's a better in a lot of ways, but there's a lot of situations they can malfunction that a revolver can't.
This is the worst fuddlore on this site, why do so many room temp IQ fags spout it ad nauseum?

Because it's true you retard

>handguns are always a one shot kill
They are if you carry the right caliber.
>what is limp-wrist?
>what is out-of-battery?
>what is FTE?
There's plenty of small things you could do to cause these in a high-stress situation where a revolver simply will not have these failures. The only exception I can think of is having the cylinder pressed against something could keep it from rotating much like pressing a handgun slide against something will cause an FTE.

Attached: 923495.jpg (880x660, 70K)

It looks like a sawed off shot gun but instead of a break action it has a giant cylinder and an extra barrel mounted on top.

How would the cylinder work? Is it rotated part-way with each hammer cocked, or is it volley fire?

The only time I had to use it, the nig nogged the fuck away when I pulled it out.

No, you might need better than shitty 125gr silver tips

This seems like the most common defensive use of a handgun. I hear tons of stories here about people flashing a gun to make undesirables fuck off and relatively few stories of actual shootings by comparison. Even if it's just word-of-mouth, I'm inclined to believe most of them are true, since if you're going to lie about using a gun, a shooting is a much better story.

This is called a newyork reload, carrying several revolvers and just going through them.

Moment they see you're armed they run. Niggers don't have honor or courage or bravery, it's why they're attacking strangers in a group in the first place.

The moment you show a gun the nigs will run for their lives. Suddenly it stopped being fun for them

They have no courage, honor, nobility, class, or bravery; hence why they're attacking solo targets in a group

>he thinks white people are courageous, honorable, and brave

>There's this one outlier case

Please listen to the following starting @ 00:09:28

youtube.com/watch?v=Yd3v_fssabI

>23yr old, 5'7" 143lbs knife wielding perp
>6 shots of .45LC Silvertip HP into the chest at contact distance
>5 rounds of 158gr +P LSWCHP 38spl from a j frame into the center of the back at contact distance
>2 rounds of 44mag 240gp LSJFP in upper torso from 15 feet
>1 round of 44mag in the thigh
>1 round of 44mag to the knee(this shot the fight as attacker loses mobility)

>BAC of .05
>no drugs in system

>attacker lived for 10 more days

Attached: had to get it on.jpg (931x530, 44K)

>the greatest operator would get killed by a dozen retards if he’s ambushed
while I’m not sure of the reality of retards setting up an effective ambush the operator will be fine because the guns are probably held sideways or set to maximum damage.

t. Nigger

>not going down easily
Not a fucking counter to his statements. Give up.

Attached: 1561163291934.jpg (750x582, 50K)

Even then, volume of fire dictates that you have very low chances. If a pack of aspiring rappers just approach you in the street and start firing in your general direction, you don't have many options to work with there.

>denigrates carrying a PMR-30
I OC a PMR-30 and pocket carry a Judge. I shield myself with memes.

Do you load Maximum Expansion ammo, or did you fall for the .410 buckshot meme?

SA DA like a regular revolver. Just imagine a revolver bigger than a S&W 500.
Tell the truth this design is still in concept form. One can dream.

Luck has more to do with it than people are will to believe for their sanity.

I think its a fair distinction to say that all niggers are black folk but not all black folk are niggers. Kind of like a square and a rectangle.

Attached: 1560795127402m.jpg (771x1024, 112K)

>still need to breathe or they can’t keep going
so not only have you never dealt with methheads before, but you’ve never swam underwater either?

>cartridge comparison
there is a lot of empty space in those cartridges. 9mm has more energy than .38 and isn’t too far behind .357

Bro that sounds like a 30+ pound trigger pull. You might want to look into something like pic related for the trigger.
If It's volley-fire, you probably want some kind of spring-loaded stock to absorb the retarded amount of recoil that would produce. How many shots would that give you? I can't imagine getting any more than 5, but it could actually only be 4. Either way, that shit would be HEAVY from that slab of steel it would call a cylinder.

Attached: s-l300.jpg (200x300, 9K)

Nypd reported generally 1-2 ended police confrontations, with the odd 3. Magdumping is an extreme outlier

Two revolvers
Shoot one nigga twice
Shoot two niggas once

The comparison is really just to show how incredibly massive .460 S&W is compared to what most people consider a few "big" cartridges. .460 Swift & Wumbo also breaks the meme velocity threshold of 2200 fps.
>NYPD
that makes sense because their 12lb triggers probably get painful to use after a couple of shots.

Attached: 1560314453754.jpg (968x718, 199K)

Are you telling me it was one guy with six guns and he was a senior freaking citizen?

If you're being attacked by seven just carry a Nagant lmao

>posting a reasonable discussion in a shit thread

Fuck off with that common sense bullshit. This guy needs to carry a Glock brand Glock in 10mm or his mom will die in her sleep tonight.

>what is limp-wrist?
>what is out-of-battery?
>what is FTE?
If you’re not carrying some cheap POS you don’t have to worry about these. Revolvers also have their own unique list of failures, but those can also be mitigated by not carry a cheap POS too

I’m sorry, vault hunter, I haven’t seen anything like that. Have you tried the vending machine?

Generally, you only need two shots to kill a man and seeing their friend drop will deter most criminals.

Frankly, just drawing a gun will scare off your average mugger. They're not being paid enough to die.

The buckshot meme for close in. Been thinking about wax slugs with birdshot though...

Oh, forgot cut shells were a thing, that would be a lot easier.

>hangfire
This is so uncommon, it is not worth even considering in an emergency and should be assumed that it's a dud primer.
>safety
Hoo boy, that's some cherry picking if I've ever seen it. I could use Jennings as an example of being more likely for internal parts failure or the XD-S .45 ACP to say capacity is inferior.
None of these are caused by the quality of the firearm besides maybe limp-wrist, but I've seen a couple of these happen on Glocks in police shooting videos. Any semi-auto will be pushed out of battery if sufficient pressure is put in front of the slide. That's just how the guns work. If anything blocks the slide, it will not eject because there is not enough clearance for the case to exit. These are natural issues with the firearm.
Look up Lehigh's Maximum Expansion ammo if you want some really scary stuff. Pic related.

Attached: 220gr-45-colt-maximum-expansion-ammo-lehigh-sefense-sku-01451220S-500x500.jpg (500x500, 27K)

>being pushed out of battery
Ah, I thought he meant firing out of battery, which there are safeties for except in the aformentioned cheap POSes

I’m not angry at that logic.

Which many models of semi auto allow multiple types of ammo Without Swapping Parts?

>Being reasonable and correct

Fuck off, faggot. You need a 0.01 meter pistol, an appendix carry harness with an extra mag, to more mags down the back of your pants, a couple revolvers and a half dozen speed loaders.

Attached: nnfa77G_d.jpg (600x591, 27K)

I'm not going to get attacked by a group of people. I'm going to have some tweaker pull a knife on me at an ATM and I will point my gun at him and he is going to try and strut away like a calm bad ass but still just look like a dumbass yackity saxing the fuck out of there.

Attached: Tsd285926.jpg (600x800, 42K)

a soft vest should be worn everyday

Yes, yes - we all understand that there are outlier stories of someone who took an ungodly number of rounds of [insert caliber here] to [insert vital area here] and kept on going. There are a few of them for literally every caliber shot out of literally every kind of gun. Put them all together and your logical takeaway is that no caliber of any kind will ever work at stopping any attacker, and you should just carry around a chainsaw instead.

Or you could use your brain, understand that "data" is not the plural of "anecdote", and realize why statistics are important and why you don't set strategy based on rare outliers.

Most HK .45 caliber pistols except the USP compact can shoot .45 super stock. Glock 10mms can shoot .40 stock, and old Astra pistols can shoot several varieties of 9mm stock. Theres probably some others but that's all I can think of off the top of my head.

This.

357 is a proven manstopper and the chance of you incapacitating an attacker with a single shot is greater than a 9mm. This does not mean that having 17 rounds of 9mm us anything other than a tremendous advantage when shot placement is king and you have more room to fuck up and more chances to hit the nig several times. It should be noted however that nigs are cowardly pack animals and a single round fired from any caliber at their general direction regardless of wheather it hits or not will send them scattering like the dogs they are.

Basically, all niggers should hang and their women should be colonized as breeding slaves. The Male offspring of the black rape cows should be fed to hogs while the daughters raised to worship bwc. In the end, black women love bwc, and they will find their place happily serving it.

Is that your cat? Goddamn he is long.

Get the fuck out of here with your faggot ass LARP fantasy. Kill urself my man.

>caring this much about things that are near irrelevant when you buy quality semiauto firearms

You gotta be trolling

Carry whatever you want and ill do the same.

>>safety
>Hoo boy, that's some cherry picking if I've ever seen it.

The original list was all cherry picking to begin with, but revolvers can have manual safeties too, so they're not immune. Come to think of it, revolvers aren't immune to limp-wristing either because of the Webley and Mateba.

>Taylors & Co Army Outlaw 1875
or
>Cimarron MP415 Model P
Which one for my first revolver?

Everybody says that when I post my carry ammo. Why?

You may be too autistic to realize this, but there's pro's and con's to carrying either an automatic or a revolver. Only pointing out the flaws of one doesn't automatically make your choice superior.

>not having enough bullets
Are you carrying a muzzleloader?