Is it really the best gun all around? Why didn't Glock win? Should a civilian go for a P320 then?

Is it really the best gun all around? Why didn't Glock win? Should a civilian go for a P320 then?

Attached: M18.jpg (1200x840, 303K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=v0LUbLu6TqA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

It was the cheapest of the contestants to qualify for the modularity requirement.

*handgun

>Why didn't Glock win?
$$$

glock bois will tell you the test was rigged. the truth is that there never was any testing, it was decided long before

Everything on that looks so cheap

Just a Glock with metal magazines and a metal guide rod. Imo it was the right choice for a military service weapon.
- disassembly doesn't involve pulling trigger
- crisply actuated and out of the way safety
- metal guide rod, metal mags
It's good for mil use but honestly if I was a civilian I'd just get a Glock for ccw or nightstand use. That being said the p365 is pretty frickin cool.

No you shouldn't go P320 you should go M17. It's fantastic, it's right here on my desk. Can't stop molesting it. so snug & tight to fire, love how the magazine falls out effortlessly inside the polymer grip, just stfu and get one

>Inb4 bore axis

Attached: pistol-bore-axis-comparison-chart-guntweaks-7-orig_1_orig.jpg (934x1313, 393K)

>best all around
nah. it's a pretty good generalist pistol but it isn't doing anything "the best." is that good enough for 90% of the people that pick it up? yes. there are better things to get at the asking price though because Sig has QC issues and the frame design philosophy is backwards.

Yes, which is why it won. Never forget, your standard issue gear is made by the lowest bidder.

>lowest bidder to pass strict tests
W/e sig skipped the tests too

Glock has steel mags you dip

No

Attached: c096e098c402c5415eefd193748f68d0.jpg (1440x1308, 153K)

Did they make some for the selection trials? because the one I have in my hand right now seems to be made of polymer.

WOW HE RETARDED

>what are polymer overmolds

Attached: 1534417054608.jpg (960x540, 148K)

Attached: WOWTHO.jpg (600x337, 32K)

So it is made of both, not just steal. Congratulations on being slightly right on the internet.

once again a pointless thread over a pointless sidearm that will be issued to officers and mps who will never use them

I learned a thing.

the polymer has proven itself on a mag body, theyre much tougher than the aver steel mag when dropped on stuff.

>military:we need a manual safety on the gun, not just a fucking nub
>glock:DUHHH, Im a fucking retard, guess I better spend my lunch break making one with a safety

Congrats on being wrong lol

>modularity requirement
Stupid. Back straps exist. The whole changing grip length thing only benefits people who are going to CC a gun. It has no benefit to a military that values standardization. One soldier will pick up another soldiers gun and shoot it like shit because it's different.

FN509 should've taken it. None of the other contestants were even fully ambidextrous. This is more important than catering to different hand lengths. There are more lefties in the military than midgets, and glock's stupid swappable mag release won't cut it. A soldier will pick up another's gun and wonder why the mag release won't work. With the FN platform a lefty and righty use the same gun, and the controls can be operated if your dominant hand goes down. Actual ambidextrous capability is highly important and should be on ever goddamn modern handgun in 2019.

Glock chose to field an entry that did not meet the list of requirements

The right choice would have been the m9a3.

youtube.com/watch?v=v0LUbLu6TqA

This, glock couldn't into reading comprehension and failed right at the start.

Attached: 1489910252257.png (665x465, 115K)

Modularity in a military handgun is more about armorers then it is grip length my dude.

They opted to just toss their hunk of shit into the pile as is, plastic mags and all.

They trade blow for blow with the Glock trigger wise

The stock P320 has better depression, the Glock has better reset, but do a trigger job and its considerably better hands down

Reliability wise, Ive heard and read of guys running 5K through theirs no problem, Garand Thumb did the same

Finish wise, its nitride on almost all stainless steel parts, you cant beat that

On top of the fact that its so fucking modular. Pop the FCU in a carbine pistol kit, throw it in an AR, throw it in an actual striker fired carbine, no problems, no worries about any serialized parts

Besides price which is refective of the just as big reason Sig won, is the fact that its so fucking modular.

Replacing the trigger, springs, fucking everything on it, is a breeze. Swapping between frames takes fifteen seconds so if you damage your frame, youre not buying a whole new gun. If the military decides to upgrade, BOOM, new frame, tweaked internals, slide, whatever. Maybe youre SOF and need something you can run harder? I fully expect we'll be seeing alluminum frames that are 100 dollars for the military, for extreme weather situations

Its a logistical wet dream. Less work to unfuck, less of a chance to PERMANENTLY fuck up because everything is hot boxable, less paperwork and acquisition work when the armorer can just buy new parts and not entirely new guns

Hand down infinitely more modular than Glock slapping a tab on a G19 and calling it safe

The only problem is the aftermarket which will come with time as its now seeing mass issue

>Why didn't Glock win?
Because the Sig CEO is an ex-IDF jew

But it's a piece of shit SIG.

I forgot to mention if you want to talk reliability, MAC ran 1,000 rounds through his in like 15 minutes and didnt have a single problem, so relability of design is a nul point.

It is a known and well quantified factor

>It's bad because it's bad, ignore all the reasons it's great

Agreed, its the only gun that ejects twice with only one trigger pull!

>Why didn't Glock win?
Because sig actually read the requirments of the program and delivered on the main points that the military asked for that make the MHS a fundamentally different creature than most striker fired guns on the market(ex safety, chassis, swapping entire grips) while underbidding the competition. Meanwhile glock literally just took a normal glock and added a half assed p22x decocker looking safety and called it a day. Fixing the minor growing pains of the sig is massively simpler than convincing daddy gaston to change his idea of "perfection". The only people who cant understand this are braindead brandfags.

>works fine with normal ball
>works fine with army's new JHP load
>numerous failures and claimed "double ejections"(that big green refuses to elaborate on or provide proof of) with their brand new practice ammo
Must be the gun

All of what you said doesn't mean shit when it breaks due to parts molded from Indian street poo and it fires when dropped.

well said and checked

>parts molded from Indian street poo
this is still better than the Glock, mfw

MAC ran a thousand rounds through his in fifteen minutes and didnt have a singls problem

Stay on suicide watch Glock fag

Hmmm I wonder why the SIG jew won....

What's alignment axis?

>Is it really the best gun all around?
Nope, but it was by far the cheapest.

I have a P365 but dont like the P320 at all. Its fucking ugly and when I worked the slide, I wouldn't fully seat.

>Should a civilian go for a P320 then?
Well, for the price range, your four best choices are gonna be Glock 19, the P320, the CZ P10-C or the S&W M&P 2.0. See if you can go to a range and try some of these weapons, get a feel for how they handle and pick the one whose ergonomics you like the most. They're all pretty much comparable so you can't really go wrong with any of them.

either youre trolling, you bought some aftermarket mags, or you're fucking retarded

you act like they cared to spend the money to win

its the relationship between trigger and grip, the glocks have a grip higher than the trigger the 1911 is neutral for example.

pff. idiot.

drool.jpg
kys

>I don't like this thing because I'm retarded
Ok

swapped mag releases are stupid as shit
t. lefty

Fucking this. I’m another lefty and I drop the mag with my trigger finger - if you swapped my mag release around i’d get lost

they will issue them to infantry team leaders and above.

Glock could have won if it submitted a modular design to win against the DAO hammer fired P250 which the Army hated the trigger but there were no other modular participants so the army was forced into letting sig re-enter with a striker fire version.

TLDR: Glock shit the bed and/or didn’t want the business.

The M9 was introduced into service in 1985 meaning that mags made 34 years ago are still in circulation. While it may end up being true that polymer can withstand a service lifespan that long, their is no data on polymer (especially glock proprietary polymer) mags being used in combat conditions for 35 years. There is a lot of data on steel being used in combat conditions for 35 years.

Shoulda just gone m9a3, it was a straight upgrade and the armorers and personnel dont need much changed in terms of training.

I took apart and reassembled and functions checked a mk17 dozens of times for EIB but that’s all the experience I have with them :^)

Its perfectly reasonable to think that someone who was high in the IDF wouldve created some rapport with people in the US military during his tenure. Why so butthurt?

Attached: 1555620168956.jpg (447x720, 42K)

We heard you the first time, Beretta

>Why didnt Glock win
>$$$

You mean ((())).

Go look up who owns Sig.

No one is going to shoot a 40 pound 9mm handgun in 2019.

>m1911 39 oz unloaded
>m9a3 with threaded barrel 33.4 oz unloaded

Oh god, so fucking heavy just to have on my owb holster or chest holster, its just over 2lbs. Hurts my wrists plz stop the pain