Firearms training without firearms

Hey Jow Forums.

I'm a poor sod that lives in a europoor country and would like to start with recreational shooting but I don't have the time or money at present time to jump through the hoops to aquire a firearm.

Are there any ways one could train shooting and firearms skills without a firearm. For example do dry firing drills without having a firearm (using a substitute)?

Pic unrelated.

Attached: 1558288113992.jpg (1981x2580, 469K)

Other urls found in this thread:

wikihow.com/Make-Gunpowder
aardvarkreloading.com/resources/Homemade Primer Course 2017-09-04.pdf
teknikmagasinet.fi/tuotevalikoima/aktiivileikit-street-sports/aseet-ammunta/ilma-aseet/ilmapistoolit/sig-sauer-x-five-asp-4-5mm-black
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Fuck anime.

Attached: 1549905110855.jpg (663x888, 171K)

Make one.

Attached: improvshotgun.jpg (1330x800, 432K)

ammunitions more regulated than guns here in new arabia.

(someone from germany correct me if im wrong. nogunzhere)

Make your own.
wikihow.com/Make-Gunpowder
aardvarkreloading.com/resources/Homemade Primer Course 2017-09-04.pdf

Unironically, airsoft.

Not playing the game, but you can learn mag changing and shoulder transitioning. Basic fluod movements

Based

This pretty much

cant you buy blackpowder guns made before 18something?
also, air rifles

Airgun replicas are pretty much made for this.
They weigh as much as the real thing and have the same handlings, sigh-picture and whatever else.
A replica I own.
teknikmagasinet.fi/tuotevalikoima/aktiivileikit-street-sports/aseet-ammunta/ilma-aseet/ilmapistoolit/sig-sauer-x-five-asp-4-5mm-black

Are airrifles a good substitute for firearms? As in how to learn triggercontrol?

Yes, excellent ones, along with BB guns. Break barrels are a bit finnicky, so if you can spend a bit more on a PCP gun I am sure you will be happy.

>ammunitions more regulated than guns
it's about the same level of regulation.

>Are there any ways one could train shooting and firearms skills without a firearm
is joining a gunclub too hard for you? most clubs lend out guns and ammo for use on the range.

>europoor country
Which one?
>For example do dry firing drills without having a firearm (using a substitute)?
Airsoft guns that operate similar to the real thing would work for that, the more realistic rifles tend to be expensive though.

Sweden.

Would the trigger on an airsoft pistol be equivalent to a real firearm and be useful for dry firing?

Depends on the pistol, some might try to replicate the feel of the real guns trigger, most don't.
As long as it's a heavy pull and resets properly I don't think it'll translate too poorly to real pistols, different guns can vary a lot in what their triggers feel like, and trigger pull isn't really the most important or hard to master aspect of firearm handling.

Go with a heavy double action CO2 BB pistol, such as a USP.

Depends on the airsoft gun. Some of them are designed to mimic the original guns really really closely. Others are not, just depends on exactly which one you get. But that said, the other user is correct, the feel of the trigger is just one tiny detail out of the big picture.

I honestly think that airguns are fantastic training tools. I shoot them a lot even though I have plenty of real guns too. Because the muzzle velocity of an airgun (especially airsoft) is so low, it really forces you to maintain a good hold and follow thru on your shots. If you can shoot an airgun accurately that translates very well into shooting real guns accurately too.

why not also playing the game?
why is airsoft so looked down upon, how else can you train to actually shoot a live target?

Get a pellet rifle and a steel target like this to practice on.
I don't care for co2 pistols quite as much because the triggers are heavy as hell, but they are still very fun and do the trick. And they're often semi auto.

Attached: IMG_2704.jpg (1592x1132, 917K)

>why not also playing the game?
Because the skills you learn in the game do not translate well to real life applications.

>why is airsoft so looked down upon
Because it uses toys instead of real guns.

>how else can you train to actually shoot a live target?
The same way police/military train: using real guns equipped with paint bullets and similar. Playing airsoft only trains you to play airsoft.

>Firearms training without firearms
Is like sex with your right hand

Just stop be poor and use wise your time management...
All you say is stupid excuses. When you long for training so much, just get some airshit and go full larping

Attached: 1557674576497m.jpg (1024x770, 100K)

how much more real can you get to shooting another person? not everybody has access to real guns, and it's not like it's their fault so being an ass about it doesn't make you look clever

people learned to fly planes from videogames yet you're confident playing airsoft only trains you to play airsoft?
apart from recoil management, general maintenance and troubleshooting, how difficult a transition would it be to get at least a first couple of shot correct in a SHTF situation from prior airsoft training? why throw it away altogether, is it just to feel superior and belittle others again?

>how much more real can you get to shooting another person?
Airsoft fails because you aren't in any actual danger, and you know it. Even paintball makes a lot more sense than airsoft because getting hit with a paintball gun actually hurts.

>and it's not like it's their fault so being an ass about it doesn't make you look clever
I didn't claim it was their fault, nor am I trying to look clever (how is that even possible on an anonymous board?)

>people learned to fly planes from videogames
They learned certain things from flying video games. They certainly didn't learn all of it. I don't know about you, but I wouldn't feel comfortable flying with a pilot who has only simulator experience and no experience flying real planes.

>how difficult a transition would it be to get at least a first couple of shot correct in a SHTF situation from prior airsoft training?
I don't think it would be difficult at all. I also don't think that Airsoft will teach you that skill. You'd probably teach yourself much better just by practicing CCing your airsoft gun and doing some quick draw drills. I've played a lot of airshit over the years and never once encountered a game that duplicated anything close to a CCW situation. Airshit is much closer to military operations than it is self-defense.

>why throw it away altogether
I'm not throwing it away altogether. I simply saw some questions posted and I aswered them. You might want to work on your reading comprehension.

Look at it this way. What skills do you need to learn for effective CCW?
-how to operate and maintain your firearm
-how to handle common malfunctions
-effective, comfortable, concealment
-how to draw from concealment and engage a threat quickly under a variety of situations

how ask yourself which of those skills Airsoft will teach you. The answer is none of them, because you are using Airsoft guns rather than your real carry gun, and because the airsoft scenarios don't require to you act normally for hours then suddenly react to a situation where you need to defend yourself.

who said anything about replacing a real gun with an airsoft gun? this whole conversation was about people who don't have access to real guns and what they're to do to train so to not be completely gun-illiterate in a scenario where they might get their hands on one

i'm not completely retarded and i can very well understand the differences, what i don't get is why most americans don't seem to understand not every other country has lax gun laws and would rather brush off 'airshit' to come off as an absolute edge lord with guns

>who said anything about replacing a real gun with an airsoft gun?
The point is training, right? Training does little good if it's not something that translates directly to its real-life application. You can do some of that with an airsoft gun, but generally speaking "playing airsoft" doesn't really translate well into self-defense training. OFC it's better than being a couch potato, but that's not saying much.

Scenario 1: learning to conceal a gun, becoming familar with wearing its bulk and weight. You could do that with an airsoft gun, assuming it's one of the ones that is the same size and weight as the real gun. Though this has nothing to do with the normal airsoft "game", since that doesn't involve concealment.

Scenario 2: Practicing the manual of arms for your gun, including loading, unloading, and clearing common malfunctions. You can't really do this with an airsoft gun because its functions won't be identical to that of the real gun, and the whole point of this training is to build muscle memory.

Scenario 3: Practicing drawing from concealment and engaging a target. You could do this with an airsoft gun, though it's not part of standard airsoft games.

I suppose the conclusion is that you could cover a lot of your training using an airsoft gun. (Including other things I didn't mention, like general marksmanship, trigger discipline, etc.) However the way that people generally "play airsoft" has little to do with training for defensive carry. Doing drills with your airsoft gun will help. Playing capture-the-flag vs. the red team probably won't.

imagine animating that stupid frog with an isreali grip on his handgun. im almost certain you idiots are the ones getting trolled here.

A lot of it transfers. To be honest.

I bought a replica glock 19 bb gun. Licensed by block. Blow back.

Pays for its self, compared to the range. Can pull the trigger 6,000x for $10.00.
At the range I spend $200+ each time.

Draw from concealment.
Finding cover.
Odd positions.
Accuracy.

Attached: GLOCK_19.jpg (1940x1327, 1.75M)