/rg/ - Raccoon General

Got one of the bigger raccoons today. This is not the massive 30 pounder (Big Chungas) I saw earlier in the week, but this one had to be north of 20 pounds. I saw two of them finishing up my chicken wings bait near the chicken coop. One was facing me and glanced in my direction. One shot stopped him cold.
Ballistics from the 5.45x39 continue to impress. Pic shows exit wound. Brain case was shattered, contents completely evacuated, lots of rapid blood loss. I noted that he danced around for a few seconds, implying that the spine was still intact. I think an ideal hit would be upper neck / lower head to achive a "dropped like a sack of bricks" type stop when brain-body communication are cut via severing of the spinal column. I don't know how fast these 60 gr 5.45x39 are moving out of my 8" barrel, but I will chrono them next time I have the chono out.
Rifle is my SLR104UR with a shorty silencer. It is not hearing safe in my opinion but certainly takes the edge off and is infinitely more enjoyable shooting than with the typical booster. Might be my only rifle without an optic of some sort. Mag is polish transparent v-project or somesuch (I forget exact name), some people don't care for them but they're inexpensive and have never given me so much as a moment of difficulty.
I found my box of 9mm hollow points. Will try those on the next guy.

Attached: IMG_4118.jpg (2790x2043, 3.09M)

Not everything deserves a general. You think way too highly of yourself.

Do you hunt these fuckers at dusk? Do you tree them with a dog? I just trap my trash cans and execute them with Turkey loads.

For the past several days this has been an excellent place to trade experiences, tips/tricks/technique and general trade craft. No one is forcing you in here.

I've noted they show up very very early around dawn. Not sure if the roosters are attracting them?
I am waiting on arrival of my raccoon hand-traps, will start pistol caliber testing then. I figure steadying a pistol at 20Y from cover on a small object in bad light is probably too difficult right now.

>local band of furry niggers figured out how to get into my garage
>they team lift my door open and squeeze through
>my bullmastiff goes fucking apeshit every time this happens
>keep the pump by the bedside for this exact purpose
>use cheap BB shot as it works and doesn't destroy anything in my garage
>bust into the garage
>5 of the fuckers in there
>point shoot improperly shouldered
>the recoil was tremendous
>the sound was deafening
>the raccoon is a smear
>it was literally blown in half
>I forgot to yank the bear slugs out from my weekend hike
>still feel retarded

Plz no shot trash pupper. ;_;

Attached: 1561150804376.jpg (1024x538, 85K)

Schizo raccoon poster undeniably has some dope guns.

Its not legal to kill furries user. Not yet anyway.

Attached: kg0quf5du6n21.jpg (640x322, 35K)

of the fuckers in there
Its a fucking invasion force.

But did you fuck up anything in your garage?

uh, thanks, I think.

Attached: audible_kek.jpg (1238x1315, 478K)

Yes. I blew a 2" hole clear through the wall. It was a high angle shot from my elevated steps so it only went maybe 3 meters before burrowing into the dirt outside. I keep a fake trashcan baited with a trap and preemptively tipped over now while my real cans are bolted to the floor and locked.

They want to kill his chickens. Pests need to be killed no matter how cute they are.

>I keep a fake trashcan baited with a trap and preemptively tipped over now
Expert technique, friendo.
While I've problems with them killing my free range chickens and attempting to force entry into the coop, I've only had only minor issues with the trash pandas getting into my cans but would like to see how you handle them.

When you get a chance can we please get a pic of the trashcan trap?

Attached: friendo.jpg (700x382, 91K)

bro what the fuck are you doing?

Attached: IMG_20190625_091224.jpg (1080x1266, 333K)

shooting raccoons, obviously

I have a raccoon problem, they've obliterated my chicken flock. I am fighting back. I am fixing the problem at the root cause. This shit isn't hard to understand. Raccoon cullings will continue.

Attached: IMG_4112.jpg (2000x1046, 1.01M)

Pop pop pop watchin coons drop drop drop
...zero tripfags, no clique-ish bullshit, just a mutual appreciation for curbing the coon menace.
Best general.

Dont try to apply standard human logic and reasoning to Schizo Raccoon Poster.

that's great. good for you. but a general thread doesn't get made every day, your other one only has 120 replies.

based raccoon slayer

Very well, I will leave off the "general" tags tomorrow.

Bump cuz i love raccoon murder user. Hes doing practical ballistic tests. I have no coons to shoot.

You are a double nigger

Give carpe sus a watch on youtube, should be up your alley

I'm South African so I don't really know racoons that well however I have some experience in dealing with normal coons (They count as feral pests as well) but I have to say I quite like your threads. You're pretty based and your firearms are pretty nice. Keep using these fuckers as living ballistics gel and give us feedback. Much love.

Thanks for the tip

Should I do this with a broken TV ? Should work

Attached: Barack-Nogbama.jpg (1024x1001, 112K)

General ak thread gets made everyday. And your biggest thread was a picture of your shiny new hipoint and 5 replies.

Stop being a faggot and just don't enter the thread

What kind of 5.45 ammo did you use? Also don't create new threads just find the old one and bump it until it dies.

This does actually faggot

A good friend of mine fled to south africa to escape alimony payments. He's a funny guy. He told me stories of growing up there. Sometimes some eye opening tales. Hope things work out well for you guys. I appreciate the love, bro. I will keep on culling these coons and documenting it until they leave my chickens in peace.

Good stuff.
I put a can of sardines or cat food under my traps so coons can't help but play on the pressure plate until it closes the trap.
It's the damn squirrels that piss me off more than anything. They tunnel under the trap and eat the bait unless I place heavy blocks along the sides of the trap. But I refuse to kill them because I like them otherwise and the dog/cats won't let them anywhere near the house.

Attached: do a barrel roll.webm (736x480, 2.87M)

I've got 3 or 4 kinds of 5.45 ammo.
I had intended to performance test them for accuracy out of my SSG82, but that's at the gunsmith getting some work done.

I've been using this stuff (see pic) on the raccoons, but in all honesty, in prior ballistics test I found all 5.45x39 (regardless of weight or manufacturer) tumbled wildly in soft medium: 60g, 59g, 69g. The only one I never tested with the surplus 53 grain as it was corrosive.
Now I just buy whatever is available. Once my SSG82 is back I will test them for accuracy at 100Y and chrono for consistency. I'll buy several cases of the best performer. Would be happy to share my findings here, but its contingent on getting my SSG82 back (hopefully by end of the summer!)

Attached: red-army-545x39.jpg (458x458, 25K)

also, the reason for the new daily thread is I'm switching out ammo / gun per day. I'll stop calling them general and call them /Raccoon Culling/ or some thing similar so people stop complaining about the /general/.

That's badass moving target practice. I remove squirrels the same way and it's helped my skeet tracking immensely.

I feel like 60grain 545 yaws better than surplus so long as it's not golden tiger which has a different bullet shape altogether. I haven't tested that personally, but I doubt it'll work as well.

Attached: coonshoot.jpg (2592x1944, 818K)

> holy shit that vid
kick ass man. What kind of trap is that?

My trap is a hav-a-heart (kek) and I'd be directly in the path of the animal if I were to open it. Its also too small for the larger raccoons.
I've found spicy chicken wings to be kryptonite for these bastards. I leave a pile of bones near the chicken coop for them and they gather around, letting me setup for my morning shoots.

yep, I've had good luck with silver bear, wolf and the red-army stuff. I have a box of Hornady 5.45 and will test that too. I can never find GT in stock when I'm in the mood to order some :(

forgot to ask: specs on the rifle?

Yeah, my favorite webm I've ever made.
>What kind of trap is that?
It's some custom made one from my local area. I don't even remember who made it now. I've got 2 of them.
I used silver bear in that pic. I have some hornady in a mag but have never actually shot it yet. The bullet shape of GT was an instant turn-off for me. But their 762x39 yaws really well in flesh.
It's a bulgarian kit with original barrel etc from before the barrel ban. The stock is an aftermarket laminate wood that I've never seen again. The scope is a romanian tip-2 that normally comes on psl rifles. I got 5 of them for about $100 each years ago. Then I got a different mount from kalinka to swap from svd to ak style rail.

Attached: Skunk.jpg (2560x1919, 1.61M)

awesome skunk pic. Did it spray when you shot it? That is the one critter I fear trapping.
Its clear you put a lot of attention into that rifle and setup, well done. Keep posting more raccoon and varmint pics. They're awesome shots.

If you do, post pics.

Attached: obama_cucked2.jpg (460x296, 18K)

I've killed a few skunks, never had one spray when I shot it. But they do smell like hell after they start to rot. They're actually pretty clean animals and it takes a lot of provocation to make them actually spray more often than not.
Here's the original greentext from way back when.
>take break from fieldwork for a bit
>been out rolling bean fields all morning
>walking down near the junkpile, dog follows
>beautiful skunk with tail up wandering aimlessly through grass and rocks near junkpile
>wanders out into field, obviously not paying attention to me or dog
>no real plans to kill it at this point
>dog goes near it
>whips around, sprays short little splash into dog's face
>I get pissed
>run to house, grab ak-74, load up silverbear mag since I don't feel like corrosive cleaning for one shot
>get back out there quickly, search around for maybe 5 or 10 minutes
>see skunk walking right to left about 25 yards in front of me in the open grass
>click scope knob to "5" setting because that's on at 25
>have maybe another second or two to fire before it's into tall grass again
>aim at center of the bodymass, fire
>it keeps walking forward for almost another third of a second like nothing happened
>all of a sudden jumps, and runs 90 degrees in the other direction away from me into tall grass about 6 feet away
>stops and dies right then and there within a foot of entering the grass

Attached: P1010777.jpg (2560x1920, 3.34M)

nice cat.
Scope on an AK goes a long way towards helping accuracy!
thanks for the story.

that was a great opening shot
was the little bastard still alive after the 3rd?

>that was a great opening shot
Thanks. Shooting skeet with my vepr12 on the regular pays off. It's good cross training IMO for most of my gun collection.
>was the little bastard still alive after the 3rd?
I don't know for sure, I just kept pumping it into him and saved a couple headshot finishers for when I walked up to him. But I'd say he was seconds from death since he'd been so pulverized in the main vitals on shot #3. Shot one hit the middle of his spine somewhere behind his shoulder blades, and you be the judge because it's hard to tell, but I think shot #2 went right up his paralyzed arse judging by the lack of dust kicked up, and #3 hit him in the vitals and spun the front half of his body around.

Attached: .25 short.webm (600x337, 1.37M)

my experience has been raccoons are very tough for their size and need good solid hits to the upper torso or head for a solid stop. Anything sub optimal and they'll keep on scrambling even if half their body is disabled.
Always bring enough gun.

Attached: IMG_4116.jpg (2500x1404, 1.53M)

Fuck off to your Iran can never lose threads

Very nice rifle, needs some plums/bakes

Yeah, they can take a crazy thrashing from guns or the dog when he finds them.
Pic related was probably the scariest moment of my life though.
>decide to go on a long hike with psl in mid summer
>the exact reason escapes me, but I think I just wanted to see if I could find a coyote or something
>go out to large wildlife area with the dog
>about a mile and a half into my hike around this wildlife area
>hot, and terrain sucked from the start and is only getting worse the further I go in
>even the dog is starting to give me that "why the hell would you subject me to this?" look
>decide to turn around since I barely have enough energy to make it back at this point
>FINALLY getting close to vehicle again, maybe 100 yards away
>so tired I'm practically dragging my feet
>decide I'm going to take out earpro, trip's over
>head down and staring at feet more-less from fatigue, not hardly paying attention
>grooowl.... growl....
>look up
>badger 10 feet in front of of me, standing on hind legs angry as shit
>I freeze, terrified, having a real oh shit moment
>dog is already ahead of me and didn't notice badger
>pause like that for what feels like 30 seconds
>slowly and silently drop safety, raise rifle extremely slow and aim down irons
>BOOM
>don't see badger any more
>look in hole and he's sitting there
>major relief, but heart still beating fast and I'm really stressed out
>carry it home and have photo op because it'll probably never happen again
>afterwards felt bad, wishing I could have avoided shooting him
but wtf was I supposed to do, badgers are nasty critters if they decide to go after you and this one was looking furious
I've had a badger within 10 feet of me a couple other times since then, I pointed my gun but they just kept on their course. The badgers just kept going into the ditch like the dog and I were a mere inconvenience.

Attached: Badger.jpg (2147x1241, 394K)

>noted that he danced around for a few seconds, implying that the spine was still intact.
The one I executed point blank to the head with the 10/22 this AM danced much more than I thought it would. (see other thread) I figured the concussion alone would have ended it. Lots of blood loss. Damn mess to clean up. I continue to be amazed at how strong and robust they are.

Shot over 60 of the bastards on a trapline last year. The best ones are the cylindrical hand traps loaded with catfood

Attached: IMG_20190403_150150-2268x3024.jpg (2268x3024, 2.04M)

I like the black mags more personally. I think my gun would look good with bakes because of the wood, but not spending that kind of money on them.
The ones I'm using are sanitized russian mags sold as "bulgarian" surplus, there's actually plum beneath the black paint.

Attached: P1000597.jpg (1650x1238, 959K)

>killing a caged animal

What the fuck is wrong with you? Do you just do this shit because your daddy did it or you're trying to prove how rough and tough you are?

peta member pls go

I do it because those trash monkeys destroy bird nests and I don't want them to exist on my property or anywhere near it

Attached: IMG_20190403_151510-3024x2268.jpg (3024x2268, 2.42M)

>killing raccoons
>not capturing them and humiliating them in front of your chickens

get creative, faggots.

Attached: C63C2B7F-D2B5-4BB6-A8AB-4CEF8D26FE36.jpg (1242x1233, 322K)

>getting mad at nature for doing its thing

Based.

Regardless of your beliefs I can do whatever the fuck I want on my own property, and I want to rid it of pests. It's genocide and it makes me happy

>It's genocide and it makes me happy
based

Attached: umaru-chan_o_5788685.jpg (848x480, 39K)

Tell me what you ate this week. Are you a vegan? No? Caged animals being killed...?

>Best general
/Comfy/ as fuck actually. No one will no the comfiness of sitting on the back porch waiting for trash pandas.

Attached: raccoonblowjob.png (106x90, 22K)

Nature gets out of hand and needs to be controlled sometimes. You do know hunting is actually the most powerful force in conservation right? The tags for hunting rake in millions of dollars and help control collapsing eco systems. Just like a lion killing a hyena a man killing coons attacking his food source is natural.

> whatever you paid for that trap: it wasn't enough
what an awesome fucking trap. more like a coon prison.

What's the smallest lethal trap I could use on coons? I don't want to cage the fucker I just want him dead. I know a bear trap will cut them in half but they are heavy and excessive.

I wish my father was into this shit, but here I am.
Hopefully my daughters join in when they're older.

Attached: dax-oooh.jpg (467x356, 22K)

smallest traps: hand traps or open coyote-style foot traps.
Neither are "lethal" as in they'll kill the animal, but they will hold him steady with incredible force for you to summarily execute him.
The larger "live-traps" just hold him in cage.

I don't have any raccoons but fuck these gophers man

Attached: E0918007-CA44-48B1-8476-DA53EC378BE2.jpg (4032x3024, 2.64M)

A few 110 Conibear traps are cheap and easy as fuck to use. You even get a chance to be creative with them. I have 5 that I use regularly, just gotta make sure you don't get your cats with em. For some reason cats like cat food when it's used as bait too.

Not the prettiest critters.
Tell us your story, user. You can share freely amongst frens.

Would it be easy to jb weld some nails or blades to the clamp to make it lethal?

What the fuck are you doing using the internet then? You know how much "nature" was trashed to let you shitpost like that?

10/10 bait.

in my opinion no: at best you'll cut / dismember the leg that you catch.
at some point you'll have to intervene: shooting the trapped animal, drowning it, other.
My advice is dont make the animal suffer, just put him down as fast as possible. I dont think you'll find the trap you seek for an animal of that size, probably for liability reasons. I imagine a shit ton of dogs, cat, whatever would also get clobbered by such a trap.

Imagine freezing when you see a sub 30lb critter, get some fucking balls so that next time when you see a mountain lion or bear you dont shit yourself and end up being a pile of excrement left behind after the animal eats you

I've never seen a badger here, mind if I ask what state?

Badgers are vicious.
Minnesota

I think you might have brain damage

I freeze when I see/hear sub 30lb critters. They are called rattle snakes.
Humans are soft, week and have thin hide. A small critter with sharp teeth and claws can fuck you up. The freeze thing might be part of a natural defense. Some predators are more likely to attack running prey. Go fuck with a badger and get back to us.

Backyard with 10/22, in one of the most liberal infested parts of the country.

Attached: Coon Hunter .jpg (768x1364, 814K)

Attached: FFBA02B2-259D-44D1-BE2B-D8948A75C9D5.jpg (326x468, 34K)

Next step, do you reload? Try making incendiary rounds. Tag one and watch it blow!

Those chickens are awsome

sadly I do not, I dont quite trust myself to do it and I've unfortunately already got several time consuming hobbies.
The thought of a flaming raccoon dancing around next to my chicken coop does make me chuckle though. Thanks for brightening my day!

Attached: sisko.jpg (600x458, 73K)

Good hit! doing God's work bro.

kys neckbearded fat ass brain damaged hick.

so does everything that is that smart you fucking mongoloid

Attached: Fuck Your Shit.png (680x571, 183K)

jesus kill yourself you no nothing retard. narcissistic people like you need to be shot and are the first to get shot for firing your mouth off like some mentally prepubescent man child

disgusting king faggots killing nature for fun.

I posted a thread about killing these fucking trash rats and possums and got banned fro ma forum eons ago because europoors were assmad.

Good job OP.

top kek

Attached: mike_jackson_midgets.png (772x638, 125K)

most euros are fucking retarded.
I'm convinced US involvement in WW2 was a mistake.

go back to jacking off to pictures of nigger dicks on /b/
you're not wanted here.

Are raccoons any good for eating? I always wondered what they taste like.

Attached: 4567.png (610x660, 538K)

go back to fucking your dog, you inbred faggot.

your mom is my dog. nigger.