What advantage does caseless ammo has over standart one?

What advantage does caseless ammo has over standart one?

Attached: caseless.jpg (1000x750, 206K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=E_didDgUjn0
youtube.com/watch?v=FQzQTkDrIx0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Weight.

No ejection process required in firearm, hypothetically could make a gun more simple

>simpler
>H&K: HOLD MINE BEER

Attached: G11_2.jpg (863x549, 435K)

Will always need to be able to eject duds.
That was for their 3 round hyper burst.

no case

Its actually beautiful, german engineering at its finest, also why cant they just make a version of this gun with regular ammo it would only need a slight mechanical adjustment, the 3 round burst thing seems like a big advantage to utilize

Because they already make massively simpler G36s with burst settings.

theres a case study on caseless ammo and in case you are out of cases you can use caseless just in case

Attached: P6XE5NJHCJC5LJB5AC7TGB7BKQ.jpg (1400x1050, 215K)

No case for starters.

Lighter, non reloadable for Eurofags and communists. Theoretically simpler because you don't need to worry about extraction.

A very small weight advantage in the ammunition and that really is it.

The negatives include:
More heat into the gun chamber (the case being ejected takes a lot of heat with it).
Higher risk of cook-offs.
Ammo more sensitive to elements(the bullet is put together with hardened plastic explosive, exposure to the elements is going to be interesting).
Problems with leaving ammo in the gun (see above).
Problems with unloading ammo.

But does the g36's burst setting have no recoil until after the last shot is fired?

>A very small weight advantage in the ammunition and that really is it.
A 51% reduction in ammunition weight is not "very small"
>More heat into the gun chamber (the case being ejected takes a lot of heat with it).
A small amount. A single digit percentage. Not that it matters much because...
>Higher risk of cook-offs.
This hasnt been true since the bloody 1980's. The G11 matched brass cased in cook off resistance with HITP.
>Ammo more sensitive to elements(the bullet is put together with hardened plastic explosive, exposure to the elements is going to be interesting).
Not so much elements as other things that might be encountered in day to day logistics. Solvents, degreaser, oils, etc that might interfere with the binder. HITP was fully waterproof.
There was actually very little testing on how much of a problem it would be but just in case, the G11 avoided the problem entirely by having plastic stripper clips that fully enclosed the ammo. That said it is part of why PCT is a better option than caseless.
>Problems with leaving ammo in the gun
>Problems with unloading ammo.
Are you talking about the fragmenting thing? That has more to do with the G11 stupid rotating chamber it had to use the hyperburst.
Were you planning on loading your cases with BP or can you make your own smokeless? Because if you can't make your own smokeless it makes no difference, and if you can you can make basic caseless easily enough.
And all guns need extraction, even caseless. This is always said but it's makes no sense. How do safe a closed bolt rifle with no extraction after use without firing it dry? Once it's been chambered it's basically in condition 2 forever until you can shoot it empty. And how do you get rid of duds?

So why is it 51% lighter. If the caseless case this thing is packed in weighs less than a round of powder and brass, just what is it made of. And what do you call the caseless case for caseless ammo, and what propels it instead of powder?

What the fuck are you going on about? A caseless round is made up of a bullet, a solid block of propellant, a primer and, in some versions like the G11, a booster and little plastic cap to properly seat the bullet into the barrel.
There is no case. That's why it's called case-less. Because it's like traditional ammo less the case.
That brown thing in OPs picture? That is the propellant and also what holds everything together.
The reason its so much lighter is that the brass case itself weighs over half of the total weight of a round of 5.56.

Attached: LSAT_2.gif (800x596, 74K)

>What the fuck are you going on about?
I'm asking 'cause I don't fucking know shitheel. So that brown thing burns up when it's fired I take it.

>What advantage does caseless ammo has over standart one?
Joey, do you like Gladiator movies?

Boy, I love threads that don't need to exist if you have 30 seconds and knowledge of how to use any given search engine.

Attached: 1504499879423.png (382x597, 237K)

There is NO reliable caseless ammunition or firearms. While the USA and Australia had a few experiments, the Russians/Soviet Union have been working on the concept since the 1970s and never developed a workable prototype. There will be no caseless ammunition in the foreseeable future.

Maybe actually look into a subject before posting bullshit.

Some people say weight, or reliability, or simplicity. Really German engineers made caseless rounds to expose the Brass Jews and slowly starve them to death.

>I'm asking 'cause I don't fucking know shitheel. So that brown thing burns up when it's fired I take it.
Why would you think caseless has a case? It's literally in the name. And fuck you, at least I took the time to answer your question and even this one too.
Yes, it burns up entirely. The way the G11 worked was:
>The primer would be struck and ignite the propellant and booster
>the booster charge would go off, fragmenting the propellant (more surface area = faster burn rate) as well as pushing the bullet into position (guided by the plastic cap)
>the propellant would burn, propelling the bullet as normal, and the remaining parts namely the plastic cap, booster cup and primer would all be sucked out the barrel in the wake of the bullet.
Theres a perfect picture of a display board with all the parts of the ammo separated out and named but hell if I can find it. Pic related will have to do.

Attached: g11round5.jpg (355x435, 37K)

>Maybe actually look into a subject before posting bullshit.
Maybe you should post some proof of a reliable firearm capable of firing caseless ammunition without killing the operator. If you really think there is such a thing, you should be able to come up with a single example. You fucking noguns retarded cunt.

How about the Daisy VL22? Maybe the VEC Voere. Both were commercially available and quite relaible and safe.

The G11 was more reliable than the G3 it was meant to replace and it never killed an operator.

>Daisy VL22?
LMFAO, go get your shinebox, kid. Your desperate thrashing to prove you actually know something about guns is pathetic. I could offer far better proof that your stepdaddy fucks your ass on a nightly basis. Daisy? LMFAO, retard.

Lets see a vid, a reliable caseless ammo would revolutionize firearms. Show the world it exists. You know more than people who actually know firearms, so tell everyone how we missed something this important.

We're waiting.

youtube.com/watch?v=E_didDgUjn0

>the Russians/Soviet Union have been working on the concept since the 1970s and never developed a workable prototype.
That's more a vodkanigger thing, and less a caseless ammo thing though.

lmfao!!! GTFO, retard.

Ah, that's an edited video then I take it.

Tard

Too many stupid children on this board, I'm out.

youtube.com/watch?v=FQzQTkDrIx0

ooh, you sure got me

Attached: 1496273485624.png (864x722, 264K)

I don't get the caseless meme
>We'll make the ammo caseless and more cost effective by replacing the casing with a bigger solid block that acts like a bigger case.
Someone explain this to me

And don't come back you fucking Reddit faggot

you can fit more bullets in the same amount of space

You can fire the whole bullet

That's 65% more bullet per bullet

That solid block is the propellant and it's not bigger, its fucking tiny. 40% less volume for the same performance.

Attached: Fig-11.jpg (856x504, 126K)

Even if there's more propellant, often up to half of a round's weight or more is it's brass, so a caseless round the same size as a comparable cased round will still be much lighter, as other Anons have already said by up to half. As it is caseless is generally smaller, and at least in the case of the famous G11's 4.73x33mm round compared to the 5.56x45mm NATO round it was intended to be comparable to. It could also probably surpass the 5.56x45 since it's dimensions are actually accurate being 32.8mm long compared to the 5.56's real overall length of 57mm. Basically, you don't have to pay for the brass part or deal with it's weight and rounds of comparable power take up less space.

Attached: 9xF5R Caseless Rifle Ammunition.jpg (945x531, 143K)

>*MEIN*

just seems retarded to call it caseless when it is in fact encased in something. A something I had no idea what it was or it's purpose. It just looked like a wooden box for a bullet. I was trying to be specific in my request for knowledge about the thing that enshrouded the bullet.

You're right but that's semantic, when a round is caseless it means it's propellant is not encased in brass or plastic as other rounds are, not that there's nothing encasing the bullet itself. Yeah the propellant does also sometimes look like wood, it's probably a significantly finer grain and caseless rounds generally seem to develop higher chamber pressures.

Now i will be the first to admit that caseless ammo has never been pushed to full scale production. And therefore we dont actually know the long term deficits of using them. heat disappation becomes a major issue. Same with possible residue buildup.

Except two different nations tested the crap out of a caseless rifle and we know both of those are non issues with non-nitrocellulose rounds. Which you want to use anyway as NC get wrecked by water
Are you new to guns, mate? He was a bit harsh for an honest question but this isn't that hard to understand.
A case on a normal round has a set definition and doesn't encase the bullet. It encases the propellant.
And cases are for protection. The propellant block does not protect the bullet, even though it surrounds it. The propellant is actually the most fragile part of the round.
Lastly caseless doesn't have to be fully telescoped (that's what you call it when the bullet is set into the propellant - both cased and caseless can be telescoped). Pic related was from early in the G11 project.
If you want a direct comparison with hard numbers, LSAT made a 5.56 round using the same process as the G11. That's where I got the 40% smaller value from and where the other user got the 51% lighter one.

Attached: rannie_razrabotki.jpg (580x261, 28K)

German export laws idk it's kind of autistic