Am I the only gun owner who thinks it's perfectly reasonable to require a permit to own any firearm...

Am I the only gun owner who thinks it's perfectly reasonable to require a permit to own any firearm? I think every gun owner should have to take a class and prove they understand gun safety, gun laws and how to use their weapon proficiently.

Attached: IMG_9580.jpg (4032x3024, 1.4M)

SHALL

Mmm poll tax.

S H A L L
H
A
L
L

>all those red hats
shaking

this is why most rural areas teach hunter safety in elementary school
t. northern PA

In a hypothetical world where we could count on the issuing authority to be fair when setting the requirements and not price it out of reach of most people, sure.

BE REGULATED

>In a hypothetical world where we could count on the issuing authority to be fair when setting the requirements and not price it out of reach of most people, sure.
it all comes down to trust in authority.

Yeah

>government setting a bar for entry
Lol no
This

No thanks. States that don't want the average working class person to be legally armed will do shit like moving the official class date around, make it too expensive for them to afford it, or only do it weekdays during working hours. If the government was somehow possible to trust, sure that could be fine. But if you did it in real life you are handing over your right to defend yourself to a government that gave an entire community syphilis because they wanted to see what would happen.

sage
/thread
take it to Jow Forums JIDF
and KYS

I think you should be able to own any guns you want, but carry permits should only be given to those who are competent with guns. Ideally it should be as easy as getting a driver's licence, not a convoluted mess of requirements to prevent everyone from carrying (and yeah, I'd rather not have permits if the system would be abused). You get a license because it's dangerous to drive in public if you don't know what you're doing. The same makes sense with guns and you should be able to get either without a license.

I acknowledge it's an elitist position, but people who can't shoot shouldn't carry guns. Sorry, but it's about the someone spoke the hard truth.

Attached: 1547535183741.jpg (400x400, 18K)

Yes. Now get out

I'm with you, it's something I always say when grabbers say "guns should be regulated like cars"

>no limit on what you can own and use on private property
>no legal age limit to buy, but most dealers won't sell to someone who is too young
>learners permit equivalent for bringing guns to the range to prepare for the test
>almost everybody can pass the test for a license
>license good in all jurisdictions

Hey retard, did you read the sticky? If you like rules so much try obeying this one.

Attached: Screenshot_20190625-125244~2.png (1080x291, 40K)

It's not unreasonable. A system like that would protect unlimited/unregulated private firearm ownership for HD/Boogaloo/general fuckery on private property and adds a small but less onerous barrier to carrying than most current CPL laws with the added bonus of universal concealed carry across the country.

Not a chance fag

Go tattle to the liberal mods faggot. I'd tell you to suck start a shotgun but you don't have one.

bruh

Go back to r/liberalgunowners, shitbird

It's a shame it will never happen :/

I generally believe the language of the 2A implies some proficency in firearms be required, hence the term "well regulated militia" being used. The scope of which I don't know.

nope, literally all it requires is that you're an 'abled bodied man' age 17-45. the specifics of that can easily be argued in court as being unfair so it may as well mean 'Anyone 16 and older'

Well, if you’re going to do that you might as well go all in.
1- anything you write or post needs to be copyread for spelling or grammatical errors. You also need to show proof that you’ve passed certain training requirements prior to being allowed to write or speak publicly. We can also require churchgoers to obtain permits prior to attending services.

2- you’ve already covered 2A

3- this is an easy one. Just change the laws, now the DOD can save a ton of budget money by quartering the troops among the civil populace. Probably some kind of lottery system would be the most efficient.

4- ok, this is another easy one. Just issue an open warrant for every person in the country. To keep it equitable, though, it’s only fair to require the police to apply for a search permit. Once they show proof of training, they should get their permit in the mail within 10 business days.

5- well, lets see; I suppose we could modify the double jeopardy clause so it’s best out of 3, or something. Self incrimination is a tough one, lets just say it’s automatic probation if you talk. And a 20 year enhancement if you don’t. And that whole eminent domain nonsense is just crazy talk. Delete it.

6- lets start off by putting a cap on fees lawyers can charge. Then making defendants pay for their own defense. Eliminate the speedy trial clause, make the process part of the punishment. Have professional jurors, who draw a regular paycheck from the court system.

7- toss it. Too much legalese.

8- ok, the bail thing is an easy fix. Make it a uniform 2X the poverty level, across the board. The punishment thing can be handled with drugs. Everybody in prison gets a daily dose of thorazine. No brain, no pain.

9- more crazy talk. We’re all better off if we know what our boundaries are.

10- oh, this is a problematic one. Lets just change it so that anything not enumerated is prohibited.

There, OP. You happy? I’m really tired of your Shareblue bullshit.

This

This would be ideal, and fun

In a perfect world, sure.
But then again, look at our driving tests and then compare that to the average drivers' proficiency.

You do know that “well regulated” meant you had a shirt and shoes right? It refers to regalia, you know? Uniforms?
Well regulated strictly refers to shirts and shoes, not even fucking pants.
“A militia of people with shirts and shoes being necessary to the state, the right of the PEOPLE to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.”
And unfortunately OP you aren’t alone, but you really should be, you disgusting grabber. You are an insult to this nation and to the freedoms we hold dear.

That's not what "well regulated militia" means you uneducated taint licker. Read a fucking book.

I think that's more of a warning to anyone who would form a milita.
Like "Hey, if your gonna do this boogaloo shit you best be ready".
And of course
>SHALL

The last time the federal government put a price on a permit, the price was set specifically to be affordable. It's still there, they just haven't increased it since the 30s.

Hawaii did just that. The class is expensive as balls and the place where you have to go to do all your gun paperwork is only open like 4 hours a day, in the middle of the fucking day but never on any state or federal holidays and any other day that a normal person might be able to squeeze out of work to go do it.

/thread

This thread is sage

I want to live in this America.

Attached: WEST VIRGINIAAA.jpg (700x460, 14K)

No, shit-dick, it refers to "in proper working order".

You really typed all that, you acoustic fuck?

Attached: images.jpg (316x160, 8K)

BTFO

get permit
get on a list
*knock knock*
hello mr. law abiding citizen it is now illegal to have a gun if you have ever visited Jow Forums

SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED

Fat people shouldn't own guns. If you can't defend your physical health from yourself, how can you reasonably defend it from an outside threat?

> the price was set specifically to be affordable.

Attached: 1934 200 bucks.png (1073x664, 61K)

I actually read all that, so it wasn't a complete waste of time. It's probably catchall copypasta for any 2A discussion anyway.

You can't regulate rights.
That's why they're rights. They're an inherent part of being a human being. You posses them from the moment you're concieved and born. They're not given to you by your government. The government is simply meant to uphold and protect them. But they can't take away your fundamental, inalienable rights.
So no. Go fuck yourself. Gr8 B8 M8

Attached: shall not be infringed.jpg (800x475, 57K)

Permit eh? If i was the govt and i was doing alot of unpopular things i would raise the price of permits so less of the potentially volatile population can oppose me.
Permits are a tool of tyranny. Governments should be afraid of their people.

You should step out in traffic and die. I Really hope you don't have kids and if you do I feel bad for them with a retard like you for a father. Kys

Good post user

NOT

Attached: murica.jpg (300x428, 51K)

Because in actual practice it winds up after few years only the well connected and affluent get to own guns. See for example New York, Hawaii and Counties in California where gun ownership is restricted like that. Class access gets restricted through schedules and fees, paperwork gets slower and you are putting a system in place that with a few tweaks restricts ownership in ways that were never intended "For the Best Reasons". Overseas I saw class sizes and frequency get restricted within a few years unless you "knew someone" or were willing to pay. Permits were not allowed for nebulous reasons. Once you put a valve on it then sooner or later someone would tighten it up.

Part of your assumption is all gun owners are dangerous before any proof.

And the filters start going on ultimately subjective standards. See how some California Sheriffs don't allow anyone without political or financial connections to get carry permits for "public safety reasons" which includes political party memberships, membership in certain political action groups etc..

Once the doors open on one amendment then its all open. see

>Am I the only gun owner who thinks it's perfectly reasonable to require a permit to own any firearm?
Nah dude, there's hundreds of thousands of Fudds out there

See

Not an argument, faggot. But I guess you cant argue, he's 100% right

No, you're far from alone. The existence of organizations like the John Brown Gun Club are proof-positive that there are many gun-owning traitors in the country.

Attached: 1441427061727.jpg (3012x1728, 1.06M)

>we should require IDs to vote to prevent fraud
>REEEEE BUT POOR PEOPLE AND BLACKS CAN'T GET IDS AND VOTING IS AN EXPLICIT RIGHT
>it's actually no-
>REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>OH BY THE WAY WE SHOULD REQUIRE PAID FOR CLASSES AND EXPENSIVE PERMITS TO KEEP AND BEAR ARMS

Just cause you're a liberal faggot that went out to buy a gun to just make that statement, don't mean shit to rest of us.

"regulation" in the modern sense didn't even EXIST when the 2A was written

Don't forget
>Immigrants need to provide documents, and have a background check when applying for citizenship
>REEEEEE NO HUMAN IS ILLEGAL THEY DONT NEED DOCUMENTS BUT YOU SHOULD NEED A PERMIT AND BACKGROUND CHECK BEFORE YOU CAN INHERIT YOUR FATHER'S GUNS

not an electric fuck?

Which other natural born rights do you think we should require training and a permit for?

procreation, unironically

>having to pay to exercise an enumerated right
You might be retarded but at least the founding fathers weren’t.

oh let's not kid ourselves
these people want to eliminate the right of inheritance altogether

You're right. I'm just waiting for an inheritance tax applied exclusively to white people to pay for reparations. Or is that part of Corey Booker's platform for 2020 already?

Attached: 1560572736900m.jpg (1024x661, 114K)

>liberal
>reasonable to require a permit to own
Pick one, or say "leftist" like you actually meant.

I actually agree, based on how many times I’ve almost been shot by absolute retards at the range.

HOWEVER.
I do not trust any government to not use this as a tool for infringement. Sure, a mandatory class is fine, but then it’s held on the third Tuesday of every month at 10am and it costs $800, you need to submit fingerprints and references from two non family members you’ve known in your zip code for more than 5 years, etc. Once you set the precedent that it’s ok to have some sort of loicense of requirement before being able to own a gun, they will only add more.
Because of this, as much as I’d love to have some sort of mandatory training, I go the other way 100%. No step, shall not be infringed, let me buy a full auto M60 at Walmart.

Also, I don’t think training would realistically do anything unless it was a set of multi course tiered classes with difficult tests and practical shooting requirements. My CHL class, even after a pretty thorough yet digestible section on the legality of self defense in my state, there were still retarded boomers asking HYUCKHYUCK SO WHEN CAN I SHOOT A YOU KNOW WHAT HEH HEH

>SO WHEN CAN I SHOOT A YOU KNOW WHAT HEH HEH
based

>require a permit to own
>need permission
>to exercise a right
Go fuck yourself, you kike

No. I think that licensing is perfectly fine, except that it would quickly and inevitably be co-opted by the Left to disarm people through ridiculous costs or requirements.

Sadly the Left is the biggest obstacle to having a useful conversation about gun rights.

this is a perfect form letter response to this bs

Attached: Copy_Paste.png (1621x752, 116K)

The shooting requirement for a CHL in my state is to get 15 out of 25 rounds on a sheet of paper. It was at 5 shots at 5, 7, 15, and 25 yards, and then you had to do 5 shots at 5 yards with your offhand.

Some people failed this multiple times. If you failed it 3 times, the instructor gave you a .22 pistol to shoot with.

Impossible to fail, people that cant shoot to save their lives are now carrying guns. Lots of .40, XDs, etc. Absolute awful boomer trash.

Theoretically it shouldnt require a permit. But look at how many whiteoid mutts keep enabling and progressing jewish antigun agenda all because they are too socially autistic to get laid. Only whites, niggers and jews should require background check and permits

No, you dont have to take a class to express free speech so why should you for guns? A right delayed is a right denied.

>drivers licenses keep bad drivers off the road
You're a complete fucking retard and you should end your life immediately.

RERREEEEE NO I WANT BORDERLINE RETARDS, ACTUAL RETARDS, ULTRAVIOLENT NIGGERS, EGOTISTICAL MEXICAN MANLETS, AND LEGITIMATELY INSANE PEOPLE TO BE ARMED THIS IS WHAT THE FLOUNDERS WANTED

>THIS IS WHAT THE FLOUNDERS WANTED
Using this at my Uni

Attached: 1361756184525.gif (480x360, 929K)

SHALL
But since Yurop doesn't have that whole SHALL thing, I wouldn't mind licences here if the legislators were knowledgeable people instead of hysterical danger hair Communists.

>even Jow Forums is comprised of grabbers

we're fucked man

>carry permits should only be for who I deem to be competent
>criminals are stupid and therefore will not be able to carry guns!
Thanks for showing us how tiny your mind is. Locked inside of a little cage like a rat with Hillary holding the key. Laws only exist in your mind and some of us have the capacity to disobey them.