Fitness and motivation for fat Jow Forumsommandos

Ever since I got married and had kids, I put on some weight and I can't seem to shed it. What's everyone's go-to exercise to be Jow Forums for the boogaloo?

Attached: one-tubbytubby.jpg (576x320, 72K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/PCLvqN9kwuo
mensjournal.com/health-fitness/theres-limit-how-many-calories-you-can-burn-day/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Run laps and bleachers. Biking is also pretty fun if your area has a low chance of you getting flattened.

Putting the fork down and pushing the chair away from the table

Try your best to at least hit this goal.
>69 situps
>69 pushups
>~12min 1.5mile

If you are fat you should not be able to posses firearms. What makes you think you will be able to protect yourself (or your family) from an outside threat if you can't protect you from yourself?
Do the best you can do, just be consistent and make small steps towards improving yourself.

I used to be Jow Forums. I'm not purposely becoming a fat fuck for when the rabbi initiates the draft to fight Iran for Israel

Attached: 1349402184.jpg (1200x630, 86K)

It starts at diet.. my gf convinced me to try keto and I've lost nearly 15 lbs in 2 weeks.. even when I go off this diet I'm reducing my overall carb intake from here on out.

Running, biking, rowing, pushups
However, you cant outrun a bad diet

>tfw Gene's wont let me gain any weight regardless of diet.

Attached: arkan.jpg (960x538, 106K)

Exercise for weight loss is pretty dumb, far easier to simply modify your diet.

That being said: go acquire some baseline strength:
>405 squat
>405 deadlift
>275 bench and barbell row
>185 overhead press
On top of that you should be able to run a mile in less than 8 minutes and sprint for 100m with a combat appropriate load (rifle + armor + ammo + water, probably 50lbs or so)

Cut your calories in half and run, run, run and when you're done with that go run some more.

Pull-ups and running.

Not being able to run a mile in less than 8 minutes and or not being able to do 5 dead-hang pull-ups is God’s way of telling you you’re too soft to survive in the wild.

Imagine the horror of many people named Gene shoveling ice cream and chicken into this anons face.

Turkish Getups.

Diet is by far the most important factor in losing weight, period. Actual fatties should stay away from any exercises than put pressure on their joints. Especially legs, so forget about running or squats until you shed most of your fat. Not only is it not an effective way to lose fat if your diet is shit, it's an extremaly effective way to fuck yourself up for life. The only exercise for weight loss that I can recommend is swimming, but it's in no way a substitute for putting the fork down.

Sodas are the worst offenders. They are absofuckinglutely packed with calories that don't fill you up at all, they are also bad at quenching thirst so fatties keep drinking way too much every day. Quit soda, drink water.

>b-but it tastes bad
Tastes pretty good once you get used to it.

Having kids is terrible for staying fit. (My daughter is 3) I’m rocking the single dad routine and never get a chance to lift, or exercise on my own. gotta find ways to incorporate her into workouts. Can piggy back her and go for hike. best I’ve found is playing soccer. I can incorporate interval training while keeping her entertained. Good luck user, also quit booze, it screws your body up something fierce.

stop eating so much and run more

Its best to do a combo of both. High activity rates increase your motabalism.

Good place to start with the diet is:
Cut out sugary drinks (substitute with natural flavored seltzer water if you are a soda addict, the triple berry is very fruity and sweet)
Cut cream and sugar from your coffee as much as possible (black coffee is 1-1.5 calories per floz.)
Cut the alcohol. Not only is it full of carbs and empty calories, but alcohol lowers your motabalism.
Eat lean meats, chicken and fish should be the majority of your protein with red meat sprinkled in. If you use ground beef, stay above a 90/10 meat/fat ratio.
Cut carbs but don't go full keto. Majority of the American diet is grain or corn due to the farming industry. Carbs are cheap energy for anaerobic cardio, hence why atheletes carbo-load the night before an event.

>blow your legs out
>sprint a mile
Do not take this guy's advice unless you've been exercising for years. Your knees will not handle this well.

>since I got married and had kids, I put on some weight
Found the problem
Used to be the same when I had a long term gf
At first the sex keeps you in shape, but after that tapers off and she keeps cooking for you...

Lol, no fatties should most definitely run
t. Lost 75lbs by just running three times a week and not eating like a fucking monster

Low carb diets have been debunked thousands of times.

OP, browse the sticky on Jow Forums. Failing that, just cut your calories. Calculate TDEE (google tdee calculator), download cronometer, and eat 500-700 calories less than your TDEE. Start doing cardio and resistance training if you're into it. Don't buy into diet fads (keto, low carb, vegan, paleo, etc etc) - they "work" in the sense that they often force you to eat a lot less than you normally do, but have routinely been shown to provide little to no metabolic benefit.

Adding on to this the reason you see so many low carb/low fat shills is because - they both work. If you cut out a third of the macronutrients yeah, you're probably going to consume less calories overall. It has nothing to do with the actual macronutrient ratio you take in.

Don't get me wrong I like the simplicity of running, but for fatties it's really bad for their joints. Fatties should rather swim.

It's just that most people, especially fat ones, just eat way too many carbs. You don't have to go full nocarb, but once you get the proteins you need there aren't that many calories left for carbs.

Anyone have tips for dealing with knee pain while running and after? I used to run regularly in the USMC but after being out for 4 years and taking it easy I just started running again and I'm getting a lot of knee pain. I've been elevating them when I rest and I cut the toes off a set of wool crew socks for a homemade compression stocking.

I feel you man.

Get a pullup bar. Armstrong pullup program is a great place to start. That's only 10-15 min a day and will help a lot. Don't fucking skip the pushups or other upper body shit. Eventually if you do you'll fuck up your rotator cuff. Don't ask me how I know.

If your diet is horrendous (lots of fast food, lots of soda, tons of desserts and snacks) then the "DIET IS MOST IMPORTANT" fags are probably right. If you eat a relatively normal diet but too much work on that but exercise and strength training will pay dividends.

Lift and run pretty easy if you need more get a cheap membership to planet fitness and if you can't afforf that use buckets and push ups and use your plate carrier for pull ups and body weight rows repeat and eat clean

Easy shit

don't eat shit, leaving sugar out should be enough
pushups 3 x 6-10
sit ups/leg raises 3 x 6-10
lower back 3 x 6-10
bodyweight squats 3 x 6-10
walk 5 miles

every day

thats fucking it. do this for a month and then google up more advanced variants for beforementioned exercises

also when you weigh less than 200 pounds you can add pullups, before that it's useless

>Tastes pretty good once you get used to it.
I hated water until I spent $200 on a big ass gravity filter, and now I love it. Tap water tastes like shit and bottled water tastes like plastic. Drink out of glass or stainless steel only

I want to keep exercising but my arm had an old tendon injury that always comes back when I start the lifts.

>What's everyone's go-to exercise to be Jow Forums for the boogaloo?
Cardio, cardio and cardio.
The ability to lift a metric ton isn`t worth shit when you are out of breath after jogging a mile at a reasonable pace.
In a situation like that the main priority is to be able to keep going, huge amounts of fat and muscle slow you down over time.
If shit hits the fan, you`ll be walking and cycling a lot as main means of transportation since motor vehicles are loud, fuel is scarce and roads are blocked.

>8 minutes is a sprint
You fat fuck

Stay active and cut out empty calories, beer and soda especially. Combine those with being sedentary and you're on the highway to Fatassville.

Attached: raver conan.gif (300x220, 2.21M)

Don't be silly, champ.
You're just not eating enough.
It might be hard at first, but being pretty isn't easy (unless you're me, haha).
Your mother and I will try to remind you to eat more at dinner, but this is going to be up to you for the most part.
Remember that if you hit the gym while you're doing this, the amount of food you'll need to eat is going to go up.
It's not a race, either. Changing your weight takes time and constant commitment or you'll eventually just end up back where you started.
Take your time and the results will come with sufficient effort. No one is immune to altering their appearance. You can do it, bud.
You can do anything you set your mind to. We believe in you and we love you no matter what.

Attached: 1364109186897.jpg (1959x1469, 403K)

This. Weight loss is 90% diet, 10% excercise. Once you’re below the obese line (30bmi) you need more excercise though.

They're not gonna draft racists, least I hope not for my own sake.

If you can lift ton and not run a mile, you a not utilise your strength effectively. If you can run a mile, but not lift a ton, you are only good at running away with just the clothes on your back.

Running

I was exaggerating here, however strength =/= endurance.
Just because someone is strong doesn`t mean he has endurance, extreme case study:
Track sprinter vs road climber cyclists:
youtu.be/PCLvqN9kwuo skip to 17:00 when they both hit a climb

>be me
>inna USAF
>been fat for a while because unit culture supports passing the PT test, not maintaining a healthy lifestyle
>be alcoholic for last year because 21 now and a crew chief
>last pt test I passed out and the doc said I had a minor heart attack
>at 21

Yeah I cut way the fuck down on drinking and have been eating healthier, plus doing to the gym 5 days a week and at least 2 of those days are cardio every week. It takes you WANTING to do it

Try going for a run or some sort of intensive exercise, then (if you have the option) train with your firearm. When I can I sprint a quarter mile or so then go into target practice. If you have not done this you may be shocked how insanely hard it is to keep on target (200m+) with your heart pounding and heavy breathing. Calm bench rest shooting is only good for sighting in and fuds.

Attached: 1558475022980.jpg (1280x566, 894K)

I'm on Keto again, first round of Keto dropped me from 208 to 180, went back up to 190 but stabilized there, that's been over the last 2 months. Decided I want to be lean and strong, my BMI is just barely inside of 30 but I have runners knee. any suggestions for exercise that won't fuck my already fucked knee(s) and will let me try to go full ottermode?

rowing machine is pretty soft on the knees, try that

Swimming?

can confirm. fatty on my way to fitty here, left knee is fucked now and I have pain walking/standing. Don't wanna go to the doc cause they'll just say lol lose weight.

Protip; Don't. Your knees only have so many miles. Cycle or row. still do sprints and jog walk longer distances but try to take care of your body. everything heals slower and slower as you get older :(

Rowing. Seriously it’s not hard to learn the proper form for it and it’s a great workout. I’d recommend doing both long distance “steady state” pieces and sprints every know and then. I’m not sure which is the most efficient for fat loss, however.

t. Rower

Now and then* fuck

He said sprint 100 meters

Attached: 1512074782155.gif (335x288, 452K)

daily pushups & pullups, and a combo of running, jogging & one-handed farmer's carry 5 days a week

including muscle, being a lanket is 10x worse then being fat, you will always have the body of a 11 year old boy faggot hahaha.

post ur 2k faggit

and ur 6k

and yr 20k too bitchboi

eat less you dense fuck

eat more you stupid fuck

Post Warhammer 40k

Post your nba2k16

passing out on a pt test on its own is a big sign something is wrong.
get well soon user.

i was fat myself but had to cut 30lbs just to join the military and ever since i've avoided becoming a fatfuck again. and i feel like a fatfuck now even though apparently i still got it as i ran pretty well today, usually i don't time it since it's for thinking and chill.

it's scary to consider how out of shape i was and that's my motivation. i was physically unfit for a life outside of the comfortable world we have in america. could barely run a 10 min mile at 17. good god.

my go-to is casual running. though if i could get a good swimmin spot i'd do that.
i prefer to run more scenic places, it helps me a lot.
like all them other anons say though, as far as weight goes it's usually diet. write down everything you eat in a day and you'll find out some hard truths about yourself.

changing your diet is difficult but once you settle into a new one you will become comfortable with it.

Is eating 2 eggs and 1 pita bread good dinner?

Rarely eat eggs due to had a bad experience as a kid.
Just college kid trying to prep for the boogaloo.

Eggs good?

What's a good low impact training program? Got a fractured L1 as of last year meaning my spine doesn't absorb shock as well, but I also really need muscle more than ever so that my core muscles can support the spine better and I won't have this constant agony in my back.
Thinking about some combination of yoga/swimming/running/calisthenics but I've got no idea how to simplify it into something that's also going to build functional strength
Pic related, the L1 itself is completely fucked but everything around it is basically fine

Attached: IMG_20190623_000332.jpg (1124x1707, 403K)

A pound of fat is roughly 3500 calories.
Most people burn 2000-2500 calories a day.
If you didn't eat for 2 weeks you'd burn 14 *2500=35K
35K/3.5K = 10 pounds

People often either exaggerate their weight loss of focus or are dehydrated and counting water weight.

Working out is fine but that's not how you lose weight. An hour on a treadmill burns less calories than a meal at mcdonalds.

Reducing calorie intake is the only way to lose weight
Increasing physical activity makes you healthier, gives a slight boost to your metabolism but you cannot exercise your way out of a bad diet.

This guys gets it.

Running an hour 3 times a week would burn less than 1 pound of fat a week.
Reducing calorie intake by 500 calories below your daily requirement burns 1 pound of fat a week.

What is easier? 3 hours of running or eating a properly portioned meal? Losing weight starts at the table not at the gym.

Truth. Running won't change your fat levels without a good diet.

t. Fatty alcohol who runs and hour and a half every day.

Attached: noface.jpg (821x1993, 202K)

Eggs any good?

Seriously. I'm 6'1". I was 250 back in Nov when my daughter was born, now I'm down to 215. I can tell a huge difference in energy levels, heart rate, back pain and fatigue. Simple answer, do keto. it fucking works.

Not running. Yoga and swimming, make sure you don't do anything in yoga that causes pain. Leg raises? Sounds gay but have you tried a back brace? Should probably get some professional advice.

I asked my GP about back braces, apparently they're just a crutch and while they hold everything in the right position, you're not using your own muscles that way and so you're worse off in the long run.

Swimming
>super fun
>good exercise
>free tan

Good motivation: looking in the mirror at your fat naked body.
Best motivation: Finally cracking out that first good pull-up, or that first sub-9-minute mile. The more you work, the more you see. Eventually it just becomes a habit.

mensjournal.com/health-fitness/theres-limit-how-many-calories-you-can-burn-day/

To further back your point there have been multiple studies showing a hard cap on calories burned per day. What this means is exercise is almost irrelevant to weight loss.