Ar500 now sells raw level III plates for $50/plate

>ar500 now sells raw level III plates for $50/plate
You literally have NO excuse, poorfags.

Attached: steel_plate.jpg (1000x1000, 170K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=oMYkEMhPsO8
youtu.be/Ji5VpHaNySw
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>level III
user, I...

arent ar500 plates shit tho?

I believe level 3 stops all pistol cartridges. Even 10mm.
5.56 and .308? I dont think so

I own a 4 plate setup. I bought it for like $300 3 years ago supposed to be reputable. I don't wear it because that kind of shit makes people nervous around here and it's heavy.

Plates thread? where do you guys recommend looking to purchase level IV ceramics? The amount of places that sell them at wildly varying prices is staggering. I am hoping that the upcoming holiday will yield some solid deals.

aren't plates shit since they're too heavy and you'll never wear them? What about soft vests one is actually able to wear daily?

You're thinking of IIIa. III is rated for six hits of M80 ball

Level III is rated to 5.56, however because of the new NIJ armor rating system coming out (in which ar500 will fail certification) it’s a fire sale
Hesco and Highcom are great starts to find dealers, with good plates to boot.
Yes
Don’t get shot at with green tip, especially if you don’t have a spall liner (which don’t do much after 2-3 anyways)

Ok. Good to know

Armor is for larping faggots. Unless you have access to medevac and surgery plates are stupid. I'd rather carry more water.

Attached: 1559765162003.png (500x536, 169K)

>Level III is rated to 5.56
youtube.com/watch?v=oMYkEMhPsO8
Kinda. It should stop 5.56. AR500 doesn't stop m193 however.
Green tip is worse at penetration against AR500 plates than m193

So aye'oh hole up.
So what your saying is AR500 is good for 90% of the people one would be fighting against in a war? Not the Army. But the public. Because thats pretty damn good.
Id say most Americans have a AR and a handgun. This plate should stop it

>Id say most Americans have a AR and a handgun. This plate should stop it
You better hope they're not shooting m193, one of the most common types of ammo there is.

Better at spalling then(?), I heard something about greenies fucking up AR500
Yeah 193 has a higher velocity iirc so it’s better at the end of the day v ar500

>it's a gear queer thread for guys that have more vests and pockets than guns

>Better at spalling then(?),
No really
>I heard something about greenies fucking up AR500
You heard fuddlore. There's a lot of misinformation regarding greentip. It's better at penetrating mild steel at 300 yards than m193.

I mean I should have enough pouches for 10+1 and if you have 11 guns I hope it’s for friends and family (and the neighbours), unless they all fill some role

T. Too many personal gats gearqueer
Ah so that’s what it was
Good thing most of my food is 193 and I’ve only teased gweentip

This is more of a shtf scenario

What would be good level III plates to get? I'm a poorfag who has no clue about armor, but I figure I'll ask here and not water valuable time and money with trial and error.

hesco or highcom are the go-to, with readily available protection information
Others, I don't know about

>a shtf scenario
Where plates are MORE stupid.

Hescos or even the (((botach))) lvl 4 standalones

Not necessarily
It depends on the context

>m193
its worth clarifying that its m193 out of a 20+ inch barrel at close range

Only idiots use short barrels if they want penetration.

this is pure poorfag cope, there is literally no downside to wearing your plates defending your house while bugging in (bugging out and running into the woods leaving all your shit behind is a meme unless you have no choice)

what does that have to do with my post?

Well, other than the weight, discomfort, impaired mobility, and lack of significant benefit. This is especially true if you're dumb enough to wear raw steel plates that will just deflect molten lead into your neck, thighs, or arms.

who are you?

>weight, discomfort, impaired mobility
if any of this comes into play when you're literally just sitting around in your house then you must be disabled or suffering from extreme muscle atrophy

I'm the cook.

You're wrong

I'm looking at the hesco 800 series, what do the different 'cuts' mean? It's listing shooter and SAPI, im not sure what that's referring to. I would guess it's meaning the dimensions on the plate.

>if any of this comes into play when you're literally just sitting around in your house
Wot? Why do you think you'd wear them in the first place if not for specifically when you have to do battle?

This should be a non-issue unless you are literally only sprinting away from the bad goys because all of your shit has been torched and they inexplicably lack the ability to reach out with supersonic lead
You shouldn't be walking along the side of the street when SHTF lol, you will likely find a location as permanent as possible and live there

pic
Thar be looters around these 'ere suburbs

Attached: 34895793487598734.jpg (1000x1000, 276K)

If you're going to sit around your house in armor, especially steel plates, for months on end because someone might hypothetically try to attack you, you're suffering from mental illness.

What's the point of a plate that won't stop rifle rounds and also send the spalling into your legs and neck

But also weigh more than a ceramic 4?

see
do I really have to make a scenario for you?
>in house after katrina 2
>see unfamiliar sketchy looking dudes entering your neighborhood, possible looters
>put on plates just in case something goes down

>no access to medicine
>rather be shot wearing no armor vs stop bullets with armor

retard alert

Larping.

see
also
>hear something in your yard/around your house at night
>put on plates while you look outside to check it out

The point is you're likely to die either way with or without armor if you don't have access to high-level medical care. You might be fine if you take a single shot to the center of a plate and don't catch any fragments elsewhere, but realistically you're probably going to have arm, leg, neck, or face injuries as well, all of which are likely to be fatal without access to a reasonably equipped hospital.

>I'd rather carry more water
so you're basing your argument on the assumption that you'll be bugging out? see

It's possible to rig up shitter-tier hospitals and just live with fragments in your shit, especially if someone knows a little synthesizing chemistry and has tools available
Lots of people did it once upon a time

All of you idiots are talking about level III, just get level III+ lightweight and stop using strawmans

>he wants to trust his life with soft armor when shit inevitably goes down in the US
>he thinks lugging around steel plates is too heavy
Git gud faggit

III+ is not a real rating and depends solely on a manufacturer designation

>Lots of people did it once upon a time
false, anyone who took so much as a scratch on the arm before the 1950s instantly died because they didnt have access to a level 1 trauma center and helicopter evacuation

Thank fren. Is it specific to the carrier, or just whichever you choose to put in?

Is UHMW polyethylene armor good and worth it?

>gonna be hiking, raping and pillaging:dont wear them
>hunkered down while shit is going down all around you and escape would be unwise: wear them

Usually you get armor and then the carrier so you know it's going to fit together in the best way possible
Most carriers have different options to fit the different cuts, but it goes armor -> carrier almost 100% of the time

Uh huh, and how many people were shot by looters after Katrina? I can't find a single documented instance. This is not an issue. You're not going to have armed bands of looters going around trying to break into hardened and defended positions during a short-term crisis. And if it's a long-term crisis, we're back to the issue of it being absurd to sit around your house in steel plates for months, especially when it gives no significant benefit in the absence of medical care.

Pure larping. You just want an excuse to dress up in your soldier costume.

Haha, Gary!

>the issue of it being absurd to sit around your house in steel plates for months
the entire example that you autistically nitpicked was to show that you dont have to wear them 24/7. Its amazing how retarded some people on this board are.

A vast majority did die from wounds we would consider minor today. Just look at the differences in survival between WWI and WWII. You don't need a level 1 trauma center, but you do need a surgeon, blood, IV fluids, antibiotics, and other essentials that you won't have access to in your hovel.

Short-term it might not matter as much
Any long-term SHTF will make plates practical, because you won't be moving and likely living in a community which will need to be defended here and there
As for plates vs no plates, having even 1 person live because the plate caught it instead of the lung is a benefit when manpower is low. Medical treatment, as said, can be rigged to loosely work. The bullets striking the plate won't warrant medical treatment

Indeed, prime examples are retards such as yourself grasping for every possible excuse to dress up like soldiers and play army.

no matter how much cope/arguing around the central issue/ saying "you'll get riddled with hundreds of rounds so it wont matter" you do, the fact remains that having a set sitting in the area you're defending comes at next to no downside and will save you if you get shot in the chest

>t.enraged poorfag that cant afford $50 plates

How do I stop spalling

Ceramics
Aside from that, really fucking aggressive spall liner which will still get fucked after a couple rounds and double the weight of the plate

What is the point of these unless youre literally homelessif the full ar500 plate is like $15 more

even if I get shot in 5 other places and mortally wounded, if the plates that kept me from getting shot in the heart keep me alive long enough for me to return fire and kill the guy who would have otherwise went on to rape/kill my family then it was worth it

really restricts arm movement, if I'm reading your post right
full cuts are almost never used and rarely preferred

No i meant the black coated and shit one ya know

Well it won't be much better but it'll hopefully catch the spall of the 1st or 2nd round and prevent your neck from looking like ground beef

Kevlar spall catcher.

Wear an m69

Use a good plate carrier

this

>frag injuries needing immediate surgery.

First I don't use steel plates second unless you are having grenades thrown at you you should have enough medical equipment to bandage some frag wounds.

>tfw Connecticuck
Can't ship any armor to my state

It will git r done

Gets swiss cheesed by M855 green tip. If you don't expect to be fighting green tip then it works...

Yeah, and even if your vest absorbs a hit, a few rounds through your torso will lead to sepsis and death.
>"b-but I defended da chitlins and wifey"
Nope. You just die slower. The end.

If you're ever in a firefight and you don't have access to immediate medical attention, you will either miraculously survive only to die later (and painfully) or, if you're lucky, die from immediate bloodloss. There are no other likely options.

How many times have you pulled shrapnel from your body when it's embedded in very inconvenient places like near an artery or major vein or organ? Without anesthesia, pharma pain killers, IV bags worth of antibiotics, saline, and blood? This ain't the movies, hoss.

>b-but impact shock!
>b-but spalling!
>b-but you'll need hospital grade surgery!
WHERE IS YOUR GOD NOW POORFAGS
youtu.be/Ji5VpHaNySw
youtu.be/Ji5VpHaNySw
youtu.be/Ji5VpHaNySw
youtu.be/Ji5VpHaNySw
youtu.be/Ji5VpHaNySw

Attached: 1534779657782.jpg (373x388, 44K)

Thanks for the link, goober!

Motherfucker that's the most retarded fucking thing I think I've ever seen.

Literal fake news.

Holy shit I thought steel plates caused grenade levels of shrapnel from bullet spalling!?!?!

Guess i should just kill myself because i dont have Access to immediate medical attention

He claims this was because all the tests you've seen were done in boxes with the plate in the open
The vest itself contains the shrapnel

Hi I'm an armed security guard "working" at a weed dispensary in commifornia and I use Spartan armor steel plates all day or night ama

Attached: bc4ab25__01.jpg (983x751, 204K)

What ever happened to Dragon skin?
I watched a tv show test it I think
They shot a full magazine from ak47 and p90 into the same plate without puncture
Then they used it to stop a grenade blast

Attached: 220px-PEO_soldier_Dragonskin.jpg (220x319, 20K)

It stops 5.56, except a specific load, in a longer than average barrel length, at very close range.

Please do

I just dropped $530 on a IIIa carrier.
Not plate related persay, just wanted to flex on the poorfags.

He's strawmanning

A nice idea brought down by shitty construction. The plates were glued together, and that glue did not hold up in heat.

>iiia
But Why?

Any carrier worth its weight will stop spalling.

>hurr dont use steel cause the liner is trashed after a couple rounds, and then you might get some scratches from spall
>instead use ceramics, which after a few rounds dont even stop bullets anymore
Nics try shill.

Can someone please explain in-depth why AR500 plates get so much shit from certain internet groups. All the tests I've watched show favorable results.

The carrier is IIIa, it still accepts plates also. But the whole carrier is soft armor.

Contrarians.
They claim you should get ceramics, which are more expensive, and even after a few hits from pistol rounds are totally useless, then one video came out, of someone using the 5th or so most common 5.56, out of a very long barrel, shooting AR500 at very close range, and then the contrarians had their battleflag.

Imagine wearing a helmet while riding a motorcycle lol fucking racer larpfags
If you fall and hit your head you're just gonna get a traumatic brain injury and live the rest of your life as a retard
I'd rather just die when my head hits the pavement lol fuck everything that says helmets are a good idea
Larpfags btfo