Hello kommandos

Hello kommandos.
I’ve been looking for a decent SA/DA handgun that is compact whereas I’d like to carry it IWB in the appendix position.

I was thinking H&K, Sig...
Mony isn’t a real problem, even if it’s $1,200 so long as it’s quality.
Anyways I would love some opinions
Thanks.

Attached: 36865A13-D0A1-4D79-B9AD-4DCED0142627.jpg (1500x1500, 1.16M)

Other urls found in this thread:

thetruthaboutguns.com/heckler-koch-doesnt-hate-you-and-dont-think-you-suck/
monsterhunternation.com/2007/10/09/hk-because-you-suck-and-we-hate-you/
militarytimes.com/off-duty/gearscout/irons/2019/06/12/heckler-koch-maker-of-the-marine-corps-m27-is-in-dire-straits/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

HK P30/VP9
HK P2000
HK USPcompact

There, done. Just go to a gun store and ask to handle the guns. Better is if you have a shooting range with the models for rent to shoot.

I enjoyed the HK45c I shot, I wear large gloves and it fit well in my hands, but I also made the mistake of shooting a USPc .45 and that will probably be my next gun purchase.

Would you both say that H&K does it better than say Sig or beretta?

I have an old P220 and a 92fs and I just love my USP more. They're all full size duty guns that shoot like you're fistfucking a brick, and I don't have a complaint with any of them.

>buying a (((SIG))) when you could get an H&K
wew

Attached: 6444834069413888.png.jpg (486x341, 42K)

I’ve owned a full size H&K USP .45 I enjoyed it but had to part with it because I thought I might need some extra cash for my wedding... Was just wondering of other options that might be good to look in to.

I was only asking ha...
Are Sigs affiliated with (((them)))?

You can carry HKs cocked and locked

I know, but that’s not something I’m really wanting to do while bolstering in the appendix position, I’d rather have a long pull for the first shot.
I’m not really big on safety’s.

Holestering*
Sorry I’m a retarded phone poster.

Their CEO is Ron (((Cohen))). He's effectively ran SIG into the shittier. Speaking of they use poo in the loo parts and don't own up when their guns take a shit and fire when dropped.

Well that settles that... No thank you Sig.
cheers user, thanks for the info.

Beretta Px4

H&K is literally about to go out of business this year, their employees voted to do unpaid overtime as a last act of desperation. Go with beretta if you're fine with a high chance of getting a lemon/finish issues. nusig isn't worth talking about.

OP here... I heard about this, it has me very concerned about buying H&K
Does Beretta make a decent compact where my pinkie doesn’t have to fall under the grip?

This would probably be the best reason to buy an HK truth be told.

you're the only one who can answer that question for yourself. I would stay away from their polymer products, or any of their new pistols really. Lots of cut corners. An older one in good condition should be fine if you're into that.

P2000 in 357 sig with the LEM trigger

In this thread you have learned about the absolute state of modern handguns. They all have annoying major problems that they really shouldn't. Most people who recommend these "famous" brands shoot 100 rounds a year through them. Get a Glock

Thank.
Sadly I’m not into buying used whereas I don’t know how the previous owner handled it... wow I thought I’d come to k for advice and I got mindfucked, first (((SIG))) now H&K...

I want SA/DA.
Hammer fired.
I don’t want a glock locked n cocked going near my cawk.
The whole point of this thread.

Attached: sig sauer M11-A1.jpg (1920x1493, 263K)

theres already a thread like this where op asked pretty much the same question

You really need to personally handle these guns. They’re all going to be more or less the same. It won’t matter if you bought $2000 gun but find it uncomfortable to shoot, especially for a self defense handgun.
This isn’t even a cop out answer, it’s just true. As long as it’s not some saturday night special brand or a model with well known issues (you’re gonna have to do your own research on this).

Well thanks for not linking me to said thread??

M&P 2.0

put about 700 rounds though my so far this year, and its been a blast to shoot evey time

Attached: 24038_1.jpg (500x388, 20K)

you're a baka for not reading that the baka op wants to point an outdated pistol design in an unsafe meme carry position

get a beretta
i didnt know there were sa/da versions of those

Sadly I don’t have that kind of shooting club even remotely close to me, I don’t have the luxury of shooting a gun I’d like to try before purchasing it or friends with guns that aren’t striker fire...Hell, most of my local dealers only have striker fire pistols.

Sorry for being a baka and knowing what I’m comfortable with.

you could also post in the handgun general where theres more people to help you desu
nothing wrong with hammers different strokes for different folks™

I’m a longtime lurker but wait-
Are you saying there is a handgun general board?

There's a search feature built right in just so you know.

I’m an idiot.
Thank you.
+1 internet to you.

Sorry for thread.
This is why I lurk...

H&K’s were some of the best pistols you could find back in the day. They were expensive as shit, but as long as you could afford it, you could rest reassured knowing you had the top tier of firearms tech with no real serious contenders for any of their products.

Fast forward 30 years to today, and now every single firearm from H&K are outperformed by other competing manufacturers’ gun at fractions of the price. There are pistols out there that offer similar to better performance to the USP at over half the price. As consumers’ tastes changed, manufacturing techniques improved and the market became ultra-competitive, H&K didn’t really innovate while everyone else did and they just kinda held onto their rep as the expensive guys who made expensive guns for Miami Vice. And now there’s a chance they might be filing for bankruptcy.

Now, I have trouble believing people when they say “money isn’t a problem,” but if you really want one and you have monies to burn, go get one. They will run you about $1100-1300. I’ve put about ~1000 rounds or so over the years between the USP and Compact. Just prepare yourself for the surprisingly average, slightly mushy trigger and the acceptable groupings. It’s nothing crazy good though, like $1200 good. It’s pretty to look at.

If you want to absolutely spend a chunk of change on a quality gun, get the SIG Legion.

If you want to get an awesome gun that you don’t have to kill your wallet with, get an M&P 2.0 Compact or Shield depending on if you want to carry.

Attached: B3B86B2C-A053-4FA3-818E-FD69061B79E7.jpg (1242x1654, 1.38M)

glock and beretta fan here but i would have to agree that changes in manufacturing have made it much cheaper to obtain quality firearms. thats part of the reason you can buy sub moa centerfire bolt guns for a couple hundred bucks

I have experience with their trigger and yes I have the funds.
I have looked into the Sig p229 legion but poo in loo street parts? Israel?? Both of those scream yikes to me.

I would only buy H&K used as their MSRP for new is just laughable. I'd rather buy two guns with similar or better performance rather than buying such an inevitable, eventual safe queen. When I buy a gun, I want to take me guns places innawoods and whatnot, and not have a minor to major conniption every time I discover a scratch on a gun from god forbid USING it and whatnot.

>They will run you about $1100-1300. I’ve put about ~1000 rounds or so over the years between the USP and Compact. Just prepare yourself for the surprisingly average, slightly mushy trigger and the acceptable groupings. It’s nothing crazy good though, like $1200 good. It’s pretty to look at.
For 1200 he can get the Tactical model which has an about 3.5lb SA trigger thats pretty crisp. Its always been accurate for me too. The weakest points are really the sights since theyre suppressor height and the grip isn't great for people with really small hands.

What. HK guns are literally go to war guns. They're meant to be shot and used. If you're too much of a poorfag to use your $800-$1200 pistols, that's YOUR problem.

>poo in loo street parts? Israel?

Yeah someone's been talking to some Jow Forumsommandos haha. I'm iffy on the new SIG P365 myself from what I've heard but not confirmed, and disclaimer I only handled it briefly but haven't shot it. But something about it I just didn't like. It felt weird, like not 100% like a real gun.

I can tell you though man that the SIG Legion is legit. I fucking love the thing. I got to shoot my friends' and it was a dream. If you don't know what exactly I'm talking about, I encourage you to read up/ watch some videos on it. It's quality through and through.

I can also tell you that you shouldn't be scared away from used guns completely. A lot of guns just sit in people's safes and they want to sell them after hardly shooting them, and in fact some guns were actually better manufactured when they were older in certain cases, or straight up discontinued.

Another thing you should check out since you seem like a tech & specs guy is .357 SIG. More expensive to shoot, but it's a nasty round.

And finally, why do you want a SA/DA so much exactly? Have you shot one before?

my sig 226 legion came with a chipped frame brand new and had to be returned for a new one on delivery

>HK guns are literally go to war guns. They're meant to be shot and used. If you're too much of a poorfag to use your $800-$1200 pistols, that's YOUR problem.

Yeah exactly. They are go to war guns, i.e. the government pays for them. If something happens to it, it will be YOUR problem. You think buying the gun was expensive? Wait until you experience they joy of browsing The Official H&K™ Parts Catalog.

okay

Attached: 1487229244735.jpg (500x371, 41K)

never had any issues with HK customer service and for rarer parts, hkparts is always there.

welcome frand
muh dad bought a mk25 recently and its fucking nice. grip fucks with me since im used to the glock bump but its a great shooter. i want to get my hands on a beretta though since ill probably buy an m9a1 as long as i like shooting it

>whereas

Do you know what that word means, OP? You sound like a fucking slack-jawed moron. Either look up the definition or stop using words you don't know.

you're missing my point. actually, you see it, but you're choosing not to acknowledge it. It's alright, don't worry you're not the first person to say they'd love some opinions, but in reality when Person B says something that is a widely accepted fact, they are ready to produce counterpoints to try convince themselves that that widely accepted fact in fact is NOT true.

So good luck on convincing yourself that money really isn't an issue. You've brand-barricaded your brain with H&K.

thetruthaboutguns.com/heckler-koch-doesnt-hate-you-and-dont-think-you-suck/

monsterhunternation.com/2007/10/09/hk-because-you-suck-and-we-hate-you/

HK doesn't seem to hate me, since they keep giving me discounts on their guns.

Back to pol you dumb niggers.

the p30 vp9 and hk45 can all be found for under 600 now. The only ones that still have the german autism tax are the mark23 and usps mostly because they arent shipping very many if any at all to US civ market atm.

>the p30 vp9 and hk45 can all be found for under 600 now

No. No they cannot. Especially once you add tax, shipping, and FFL, you're looking AT LEAST $750 at the very, very minimum.

Attached: 1485904959361.jpg (330x362, 18K)

I like the CZ P-01.

>For 1200 he can get the Tactical model

That’s downright absurd. I wish I could look at this guy in the face when he tries to justify that, yes, $1200 for a USP is a good purchase in 2019. That’s unbelievable. I could build a sub-MOA rifle at that price, let alone finding another pistol that can do everything better for $500 less. No wonder they are going out of business. Because the answer is you can’t justify it.

>p30
at the moment, the manual safety 9mm and the .40 version are all around, the DA/SA decocker 9mm is trickling back into the US.
>vp9
it's fucking everywhere. It is around $600, I'll give you that
>HK45
>$600
maybe used, but definitely not new retail.

CZ P-01

USP Compact, CZ P-01, allegedly the Sig P229 although I can't shoot it worth a shit. Wilson Combat Beretta Compacts is also supposed to be based but I haven't seen one irl.

Attached: 0c5402c1dec2b2e7ff333dc354ae606b0fe6117b674a69589ab3a2421e96e00e.jpg (667x667, 59K)

Also if you buy a Sig get a Grayguns EDC trigger, get a decocker only plate for the HK, G conversion for Beretta, and/or CGW parts for the CZ for upgrades.

Attached: ClipboardImage.png (518x789, 422K)

>If you want to absolutely spend a chunk of change on a quality gun, get the SIG Legion.
You mean buy one of the last p226 LDCIIs coming into the country from armorycraft.

>I'd rather buy two guns with similar or better performance rather than buying such an inevitable, eventual safe queen.
This explains why we still get dudes showing up in arsenal threads with 5 or 6 shitty parts bin ARs and AR pistols that never get shot anyway.

Go the fn57 its got more penetration than a dodgy priest

Get an HK, it’s the patrician choice. Top quality, made in Germany, and hate poor people.

>HK on the verge of bankruptcy
>hate poor people
wew lad

I'm a fan of the PCR I just got; P-01 might be your option if you want a rail. It's pretty sweet, aluminum alloy construction so it's only a little heavier than plastic toys

Attached: Ceasy.jpg (4032x3024, 3.03M)

Kike detected

Attached: 4E68D65F-8F04-4BB6-9E75-C7759E5E31E8.jpg (450x450, 43K)

Agree, cz p01 steel or omega one, can be your anwser.

>Because the answer is you can’t justify it.
I like the gun. Is that enough justification for you?

The FNX is a modernized USP for half the price. I don't think they make a compact though. You can try not carrying it like a retard and maybe the size wouldn't matter as much.

I have an FNX45. I can only conceal that fucking thing in my german parka. love it though

>just won the contract to replace g36
>selling guns hand over fist to US govt. civilian customers
>on verge of bankruptcy

I don't think so, Tim.

No, he means exactly what he means. You know how many people I know buy expensive guns and then when I see them on the range, or hunting, or inviting people on hiking trips or whatnot they leave the expensive safe queen at home when they have a perfectly viable gun that they’re not going to freak out over if it gets a little wear & battle scars? 100% of the time. Just because I’m not saying you don’t have to spring for the most expensive option (aka overpay) doesn’t mean you have to cheap out. Ruger, S&W, Glock, FN, Springfield and more all cost less than H&K but make better guns for most situations considering their price point. I’m not just conjecturing this and regurgitating shit I’ve heard on the internet. I’ve put a lot of rounds through HK stuff, even pre-ban automatics, and they are super fun guns to shoot. But all three of these people I personally know have told me what they paid for them, and there’s no chance in HELL I’d pay that. All three of these guys own Ferraris. That’s not a coincidence. They are about as practical.

Attached: 2652DB98-0730-470D-843E-3BCE0A93D1E2.jpg (4032x3024, 2.83M)

Exactly. I knew you were going to say that. The classic line of people everywhere defending something for an irrational reason.

>OP starts thread saying I’d love opinions
>no nevermind I actually already made up my mind before this thread even started lol
>no I can’t actually justify WHY this is good for me
>BUT I LIKE IT

Straight up irrational.

Have p2000, its great. Beretta Px4 is also awesome. Any p30/p2000/Vp9/px4/APX centurion will serve you great. Try it if you can, i just recommend getting one with night sights. Hammer fired is up to you.

>Straight up irrational
So?

Also to give a non-glib answer theres a few reasons why you would buy a USP Tactical over another gun.

>great trigger
>soft recoil impulse
>durability
>reliability
>resistant to limp wristing (unlike a glock)
>variety of DA/SA, DAO, Cocked and Locked configurations

Does this present a significant enough amount of value over glock to necessarily justify the price tag, probably not, but there are rational reasons beyond aesthitics and gaming nostalgia to buy a USP-T over the glock. For most people though, they're just happy to buy a gun they like and those previously mentioned shooting characteristics are just a side benefit. I mean what's the fun in just owning an AR-15, a bolt action, a glock, and a shotgun? Im a firearms enthusiast and want to see what all guns have to offer. Even if that means I still use the basics for serious defensive work (Ar15 and a J-Frame)

militarytimes.com/off-duty/gearscout/irons/2019/06/12/heckler-koch-maker-of-the-marine-corps-m27-is-in-dire-straits/

If I were looking to carry a DA/SA apex (and I wouldn't because it's 2019), CZ P01/P07/75 Compact are good choices. Sig P229 is a great gun but bulky for IWB.

I'm currently looking at a PX4 Compact Carry or a P30sk v3. I'm leaning towards the HK for the better decocker and grip. If you're really sensitive to heavier triggers then the LEM is an option. I've never been really impressed with SIGs and don't think they're worth the cost.

Those are the two best liveable compact models on the market in the sub-1k price range. If you want something like a CZ then the Sphinx SDP is what you should look at before a RAMI. Budget options like the EAA Witness aren't really worth the trouble if you can spend more than $400.

Have owned a USP compact .45 for about 13ish years and it is a great pistol. Never had a malfunction no matter what kind of ammo, that is anything from white box to wolf to Remington jhp you name it. Finish is invincible and there are some good holster options out there.

That said it is too big to carry concealed for me in the summer so I usually carry a LCPii (plz no bully) but I carry the HK open innawoods and innacar so whatever

HKP2000SK seems nice. I have one but I don't carry it.

Check out CZ's too op, carry mine everyday.

Attached: ChadZ.jpg (794x1059, 389K)

Imagine not buying a Sig 1911 carry in .45 ACP if money is no object.

Attached: 96044bb5958495c715e6083e1779580e.jpg (2048x1536, 692K)

P2000

why though?

Imagine being a geriatric retard who carries a 1911

>getting a Pig Sauer 1911 when you could get a p. center smith

IMAGINE

Attached: iu[1].jpg (2256x1496, 198K)

>Two world wars, sonny

Attached: old-man-200x300.jpg (200x300, 19K)

Pleb

Attached: 20190615_182638.jpg (2880x2160, 1.63M)

>2011
>7 rounds
oh sweetie

>Having a gun
>Not being able to hit anything with it
oh sweaty....

the cope is cringeworthy

Imagine being a human person with testicles who carries a plastic gun.

Call him a boomer so you hit the trifecta of newfag buzzwords.

Bc two world wars, bub.

Kek.

Wanna know how I know you're /noguns/...?

Imagine being a braindead boomer and thinking the only pistols that exist are 1911s and Glocks.

Any variant of the HK45 or SIG P220 will do.

There we go, newfag.

CZ75
Z

yes, please do tell