9mm really is just the Anderson of cartridges

9mm really is just the Anderson of cartridges

Attached: 9mm2.jpg (501x353, 62K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=T26cV_M_oAE
youtu.be/nycYxb-zNwc
youtube.com/watch?v=j2lwNjafHS8
ammoland.com/2019/03/pistols-or-handguns-used-to-defend-against-bear-attack-95-effective-63-cases/#axzz5ryBdOc7r
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

You mean perfectly fine, and only autists and noguns teenagers think different?

I mean it's "just as good" for poorfags and pussies who can't handle a real caliber

Shot placement is King
Penetration is Queen
Everything else is angels dancing on the head of a pin.

Attached: giphy-2.gif (640x357, 3.04M)

Yeah but shooting a 'mo round doesn't make you John Wick and shooting a man's cartridge doesn't make you Barney Fife

Okay but the effective difference between any two commonly-compared calibers is too small to make any difference in the real world.

Why pay more money for nothing in the scheme of things?

Please inform the militaries, police agencies across the world and all the dead niggers in my backyard what caliber you use.

thats why I shoot .40

Attached: 49BF771C-3B1D-42CB-9F80-7A9685E6D355.jpg (4032x3024, 3.14M)

>militaries, police agencies

>They don't just buy en masse from the lowest bidder

So you're saying it's cheap and it works? I'll take 2.

And the world keeps spinning shooting handguns in 9mm.
Again, please inform us of what assblasting "real mans" caliber you would prefer we all use to satisfy your dicklet compensation compulsion in all things.

I've been shooting for almost 20 years and carry for almost 15 years. I started with 45 as my carry but as time went on I realized that I could shoot 9mm more accurately at faster rate. If two to three controlled pair don't end the fight it's on me not the caliber.

Yeah and there are departments that carry .380

And?

Still waiting for an argument.

It's just physics. There's a perfect zone in energy delivery to the target and .380 magnum isn't it

.40 is damn close to perfect

So close to perfect it shares the same stop rate as 9 and .45?
>another insecure .40 fag ruins a perfectly good catalog with his shit thread

>actual terminal ballistics testing shows no significant measurable difference between 9x19 and .40S&W in regards to lethality
>"that there 9x17 is underpowered I tell you hwhat! s'physics. *spits*
>now .40, that's a real manstopper"

You are a joke, if you wanted me to take you seriously you could have at least picked a "real mans" meme caliber with an actual measurable difference in terminal ballistics like 10mm.

Attached: 919.png (501x445, 205K)

Culmination of neckbeard autism right here.

There is a measurable difference in the terminal ballistics of 9mm and 40SW. The difference is pronounced when you're comparing any 40SW versus regular 9mm. 9mm +P or +P+ is what replicates the wound channel dimensions, penetration, and energy of 40SW, and it comes at the same cost of firearm lifetime. Facts: Critical Defense vs Critical Duty.

Too many fucking retards trying to shorthand and boil down discussions leads to details being muddied.

9mm Luger American (ie: 115gr 300ftlbs out of a 5" barrel) is underpowered garbage and the reason why police consider 9mm to be a trash cartridge incapable of stopping people.
Not everyone can afford or bothers with +P or +P+, which makes 40SW absolutely relevant, but, please, continue to be a simpleminded faggot.

Kek I thought he would say 10mm also wasn’t expecting him to be a .40fag but it’s not shocking they’re pretty low intelligence

You're right, bullets don't kill if they're under 305ftlbs
Begone beancounter.

Aptly put user

You're one of the many fucking retards that thinks bird shot is effective at stopping people, aren't ya?

Keep the topic on your failing argument pal.

At what distance?

Get the fuck out of here, fudd.

Anything beyond 10ft. Cue video of college girl getting blasted by two barrels and walking away.

The topic is still on, other user, you're just too fucking stupid to understand how the point is directly related. Not going to waste time trying to break it down for you, go play with your 9mm which you shoot three times a year at paper targets.

>modern auto loading pistols
>fudd
Get the fuck out of here, newfag.

So you just lost your second argument in this thread. You're on fire. Try projecting your insecurities less next time .40 fag.

he's talking about using meme calibers, retard.

Ok i actually like .40 in some applications, but you're an insane faggot and retard if you think that 9mm isn't very near its capabilities despite the smaller package. Mfw literally everyone uses 9mm but user with his based fags proves to us all that 9mm is actually an airsoft caliber

That's not even the definition of a fudd either you absolute moron.

and fudds typically own meme calibers you goddamn idiot.

At whatever distance it encounters something way denser than air.

youtube.com/watch?v=T26cV_M_oAE

So do long distance shooters what's your point you knownothing waste of oxygen?

You're either underage or an old ass boomer

my point is he's a retard fudd for criticizing people for using 9mm instead of meme calibers. Christ, how hard is that to get?

So he's a person that thinks the 2A is for hunting exclusively and condemns any sort of firearm that can't be used for such yet is arguing about owning a centerfire pistol for self defense?

Unless you carry 357 mag or 10mm out of duty length barrels you're not going to see significant differences in performance from common handgun calibers. Fuddy five, 9mm, and 40 all do the same shit. 9mm is king because it does the same shit more times in the same sized magazine.

you're new as shit if you aren't aware of the .45 fudd memes.

9mm is better than 45

No user, the new interpretation of fudd is wood rifles and anyone I don't like. The 2A is only for hunting interpretation is the first iteration of the fudd nomenclature.

MUUUUUUUUH TWOOOOO WOOOORLD WAAAARS

Attached: 933EB236-3714-40C4-A827-6E70A9C8D9B2.jpg (750x551, 95K)

you're right

Fuddy five strong came around a few years later and the hypocrisy was just simply overlooked. We didn't have a "boomer" meme in our vocabulary at the time so the 1911 memes which are more aptly fit for todays "boomer" (actual baby boomers not 20 year olds) classification just kind of rolled right into the fudd hate boner and no one questioned it.

What about 22WMR

Attached: maxresdefault (2).jpg (1280x720, 110K)

Main concern for handgun rounds is penetration. 9mm passes all FBI and LEA standards for penetration on human targets, even goes a bit beyond what it needs to do. So long as you have adequate penetration capabilities all you need to worry about is shot placement. 9mm is a higher capacity, lower recoil option than some of it's competitors, so that helps with shot placement and having extra shots to put in places if you do end up missing.

Caliber doesn't mean shit if you can't hit anything.
Also
>Anderson of Cartridges
What's wrong with Anderson?

Attached: You.jpg (258x345, 17K)

One thing to add about the penetration, it's not barely making the cut. 9mm has a slimmer bullet which helps with penetration. Think 9mm is more like a sharp pen, .45 is more like a ball peen hammer. If you swung each at a watermelon with similar output, one would embed itself deeper due to being sharper. It doesn't need a shit ton of powder behind it to get adequate penetration like some other rounds.

Also some fudds will claim "muh knockdown power." Not even a thing with handgun rounds that aren't magnums or basically magnums (hot 10mm).

9mm isn't "just as good," it's damn good at what it was designed to do: being able to adequately kill while still retaining good recoil characteristics and high capacity in magazines.

AKA OVER penetration

The common handgun calibers aren't going to be able to move fast enough to create hydrostatic shock so a little more speed only contributes to less energy dumped into the target

>What's wrong with Anderson?

Attached: budget1.jpg (725x555, 65K)

.38 special best round

Because spending 150 dollarydoos on a lower makes you a better operator.

Attached: Bubbles.gif (360x360, 2.31M)

Because buying a lower that isn't shit means you're less likely to get merced by Barney Fife when you're trying to Boogaloo

Attached: budget2.jpg (804x743, 89K)

youtu.be/nycYxb-zNwc

Attached: 1554934726289.png (250x233, 153K)

>short&weak
You mean that round which has less penetration than 9mm?

youtube.com/watch?v=j2lwNjafHS8

For men, and game, hard cast all day.

The main reason .40 is so big in LE circles is it has less deflection when penetrating light barriers such as windshields and car doors. It does good at what it was designed for, to basically just be a slightly beefed up 9mm that's still within manageable recoil territory.

This

Attached: 1543896465389.jpg (300x225, 8K)

This. Carry a glock 40 if you wanna git good op.

>target fmj

Fpbp

Attached: 1516578461497.png (900x1272, 854K)

ew
10mm all the way baby

It takes level II armor to stop regular old 9mm 124gr ball, it only takes level 2a armor to stop .40

Attached: 5B74C33B-1BB0-4014-A843-44290FD2E652.jpg (750x1032, 346K)

Pretty accurate.

ARE YOU FAGGOTS SERIOUSLY HAVE A 9 VS 40 VS 45 ARGUMENT. JESUS FUCKING GOATS I SWEAR TO GOD THIS NEVER FUCKING ENDS ALL OF YOU FUCKING KILL YOURSELVES YOU FAGGOT ASS MOTHER FUCKERS.
9mm is best.

>is underpowered garbage and the reason why police consider 9mm to be a trash cartridge incapable of stopping people.
So that's why the FBI spent like 20+ million on 9mm for training and for their new carry round, cause it must be that shitty. 9mm also doesnt have issue killing black, brown and grizzly bear either.
ammoland.com/2019/03/pistols-or-handguns-used-to-defend-against-bear-attack-95-effective-63-cases/#axzz5ryBdOc7r

Anderson is fucking cool

Attached: se3.jpg (101x125, 3K)

>implying you know more than every law enforcement agency in the country because you looked at some internet tests
>implying they're not switching back to 9mm solely because affirmative action hires are terrible shots

>fuddyfive

thank you.

This.

Needs a longer barrel to reach its full potential, unfortunately. Might as well use 22lr for the capacity.

/thread

I've got everything from a Colt lower to an Anderson and the only difference aside from price I've noticed is the finish. Functionality is fine across the board

>The main reason .40 is so big in LE circles is
that the FBI used it. Stop being delusional.

nope.jpeg
>USPSA

Tupac was shot 9 times in the torso with 9mm before he ever got a record contract.

An EMT friend told me the breakdown.
>.357 mag- DOA even with one shot.
>.40/.45- 75% fatality rate.
>9mm/.380/.38- walk out of the hospital 3 days later.
>.32- usually DOA because usually point-blank gut shots.
>.22- half the time they don't know they were shot.

Funny how CDC data puts 9mm at the same lethality rate as .40 and .45. Anecdotes are neat.

CDC does not keep fatality records by caliber.
Shill harder.

Fine, FBI or whatever source has been passed around here more than your mom.

.>be .40 S&W
>have less stopping power than 9mm
>have lower capacity

Imagine being the objectively inferior cartridge.

Keep trying, someone might believe you eventually.

Attached: 1510890595969.jpg (640x611, 106K)

I'll bet that COPE keeps you up at night.

Attached: 1521336417342.jpg (600x405, 23K)

You think this is the first time we've had this thread on Jow Forums let alone this month? Get lost transplant.

"The doctor said if the bullet was a millimeter to the left I'd have bled out right there"

I've heard that come out of the mouth of shooting survivors enough times throughout my life to conclude that a wider bullet is never a negative. Who cares about capacity. 10 rounds of .45 still beats 15 rounds of 9mm in my book. Government agencies and militaries like 9mm because it's cheaper and is pretty much the bare minimum.

I have a 10mm. The only positive about .40 is that it's cheaper and can be put in smaller guns. Other than that...

Year after year, and yet here we are once again.
All the data compiled proves .40 is superior ballistically. And yet there's butthurt basement dwellers crying every day that 9 is JUST AS GOOD©

That's cute, your mom write that for you lil guy?

You tell those damn millenials, Bill

-Rich

---------------------------------------------------------------
Nash County Bulldogs JROTC 1977-1981
US Postal Service 1989-2003
"Moldy Labia"-Theonidas, Battle of Gyromeat, also George Washington

I've always wanted to fire a 1 centimeter bullet. How does it feel, user?

>Shitting on 9mm
>Brings up .40
ISHIGGYDIGGY
Get a 10mm faggot.

I really like it. Only negative is that ammo is hard to find, at least where I live. Other than that there are no negatives. None whatsoever.

I've seen a video of a state trooper shoot somebody point blank 5 times with a .357 Mag and the dude lived and went to prison. The Trooper was killed with a .22

Anecdotes are really neat, but they swing both ways goober

Basically if you love .357 mag, you'll love 10mm auto just as much if not more.

This

woah there faggot

Attached: oldfag.png (406x400, 258K)