Jap weapons thread

THE SAVAGES KNEEL BEFORE US IN DEFEAT
youtu.be/nSM55qjh99E
youtu.be/xbU1Jeu6Dk0

Attached: 81vDiEJ-KKL._SX425_.jpg (425x247, 25K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=JoC3EU_H2tc
youtube.com/watch?v=04W3BeYmQaE
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>couldn't even be bothered to post MoH Rising Sun
The noodles may be wet and spicy, but you sir are a faggot

Planes count as weapons, right?

Attached: 2Wnz66k.jpg (500x358, 24K)

Pilots may be stretching the definition of weapon, though.

Attached: 3NfsaJEc.jpg (1200x972, 419K)

Attached: My leg.jpg (818x338, 37K)

Ki-84 was quite nice. But their HQ used it to kamikaze

Attached: 6a412f67fbd7839fef6a45d5f6d91f55.jpg (1920x1280, 265K)

MY BODY ISU A WEAPONU. WHITTU PIGGU GO HOME

>But their HQ used it to kamikaze
maybe a select few pilots decided to commit seppuku but for the most part ki-84's were considered too valuable to throw away in kamikaze missions. Older obsolete models of aircraft such as the a6m were preferred for such attacks.

what is it about america and getting foreigners pissed enough to fly planes into them

Jap guns, yes please. My Type 14 functions great, but it likes ammo that’s loaded hot as hell, like 100+ grains

Attached: 5DF8BBA7-A925-4D34-BFE5-087D983E8096.jpg (2048x1537, 665K)

You got those new xp wolf springs in there? From videos on youtube they malfunction quite a bit but they were using all original parts. Was always curious if the nambu would function better with those improved springs.

Attached: 20190525_055623.jpg (3264x2448, 2.17M)

Yup, got those in. I’ve pretty much got it running like a sewing machine. Can usually get through a mag without a malfunction, the gun is very snappy and it’s also pretty susceptible to malfunctioning if you limp wrist it

Attached: 040991E2-CC7C-4252-A677-869AE2DC96D3.jpg (750x564, 538K)

Grim
Fish started to eat his face, or the impact in the water just peeled his nose?

>nice user!
Glad to hear the improved springs did the trick, i was considering getting a type 14 to go along with my type 99 but was always concerned it would end up just a malfunctioning display piece. Now that I know you can get it to run good I'll probably pick one up soon.

Attached: 20190626_083634.jpg (3264x2448, 1.83M)

Good luck to you! If you do end up getting one, inspect the mags real good. They are a big part of the reason why people have problems, that along with out of spec ammo

I’ve been thinking about an Arisaka for awhile now, will probably end up getting one some day

ALLAH AKBAR- i mean TENNO HEKIA BANZAIIII

Attached: bomb vest.jpg (620x330, 22K)

The swordsmiths will carefully break the kera apart, and separate the various carbon steels. The lowest carbon steel is called hocho-tetsu (soft iron), which is used for the shingane (translated as "core-steel") of the blade. The high carbon steel (tamahagane) and higher carbon pig iron, called nabe-gane, will then be forged in alternating layers, using very intricate methods to form the very hard steel for the edge, called hagane (edge steel), and the springy metal jacket, called kawagane (skin steel).

The most useful process is the folding, where the metals are forge welded, folded, and welded again, as many as 1600 times. The folding removes impurities and helps even out the carbon content, while the alternating layers combine hardness with ductility to greatly enhance the toughness.

Currently, tamahagane is only made three or four times a year by Nittoho and Hitachi Metals during winter in a wood building and is only sold to the master swordsmiths to use once it is made.

Attached: 1444377839647.gif (400x225, 1.87M)

>that gif
This is what Weeaboos actually believe.

Weeaboos themselves have used this as bait since you were in diapers.

GLORIOUS NIPPON STEAL CUT B-29 LIKE BUTTER

Once this Magnificent Lightning is mass produced the B-29 raids will be finished in no time!

Attached: 1560988649313.jpg (1280x720, 159K)

ONCE GRORIROUS EMPEROR CREATES JET PRANE, AMERICANS WILL RUN WITH FEAR

Attached: kikka.jpg (1486x742, 191K)

Czechoslovakia NUMBER 1!

The Japanese used it, the Chinese used it, the British used it, the Germans used it.
In short, one giant middle finger to the entire world which decided to throw us to the wolves.

But yeah, it's cool something made here was one of the staples of Japanese army.
Bonus points for continuity as the Czechoslovak Legions went home through Japan and had every single man clothed in a brand new Japanese-made uniform for the trip.

Attached: IMG_162.jpg (627x274, 33K)

I have a Type 38 and love it. Such a smooth and fun rifle.
Japanese weapons & equipment in general are interesting. The toughest foe the US has fought and I feel like they mostly get ignored in favor of the war in Europe.
youtube.com/watch?v=JoC3EU_H2tc

Attached: iS9ULgo.jpg (1102x587, 101K)

i looooove pusher props
hijacking this thread to post glorious swedish pusher tech

Attached: Saab-960_640.jpg (960x640, 76K)

I know the photo is from after Pearl Harbor so it's decay or just trauma from the crash. Searching the image on Google and I don't see a specific date.

Attached: a6ms_shokaku.jpg (1665x997, 874K)

Are the Nips using high quality steel imported from whatever or still using sand iron?
You should have seen the shitposting when that show came out.

>The toughest foe the US has fought and I feel like they mostly get ignored in favor of the war in Europe.

That's because the US-Japanese portion of the war is its last few years.
The war is interesting and has a pretty large following worlwide, it's just English media remove all of that in favor of NEVER FORGETTI Pearl harbor and then skip to a bunch of island battles where the Japanese were hopelessly outnumbered and outgunned.
That's about as interesting a narrative as the German invasion of Poland or the Mongol-Chinese war.

The real meat of it (all the interesting battles, strategies and above all stories) are the years prior which do not involve USA and as such do not exist in the Anglosphere media.

Attached: ooj9szosvti11.png (1200x765, 1.76M)

kanker

read somewhere that japan's tank program could've been real good since they had a lot of trials during the war with russia and in china. But they chose not to focus on tanks, and never used them in a massed fashion.
curious if anyone knows more. Their light tanks were pretty cool

chi-ha and ha-go were fine tanks, comparable to german tanks of the time. would've been interesting to see if they could be used the same.

Attached: ChiHa960x640.jpg (960x640, 149K)

I would find those aspects interesting too. The rapid victories of the Axis from the 1930s to 1941 were surprising to both sides. It should seem obvious in hindsight but at the time Germany and Japan expected to be facing more resistance and expected to be taking more losses. Observers (neutral nations) at the time thought the aggressions would stop, when it should have been obvious even then they wouldn't unless they were forced to a stop.

American/English media does dumb down a lot of it and what I learned in school about the Pacific Theater was Embargoes, Pearl Harbor, Midway, Kamikazes are used, A-bombs, end. I knew way more than that before the classes from my own readings.
Japan's fight against China has a lot of brutality and both sides using fairly matched equipment at times. The war in the Pacific is one of navies & landings, aspects I was always drawn to.

They did have decent tanks. You're correct that they didn't want to emphasize on tank development. Considering their primary land-bound enemy at the time was China, Japanese tanks were fine. The Navy wanted more of the budget and resources and they got it. Japanese tank development stagnated for the most part because they didn't have a need to advance it, until they were fighting the Americans. By which point they did have some decent tank designs that could match the M4 on hard-stats (gun caliber, armor thickness, etc.) but they were kept in Japan.

Attached: IJN_Mogami_(1935).jpg (2000x1149, 263K)

japan's BTFOing of the british and americans in asia during the early parts of the war was crazy. Taking islands is cool

Not a pusher, but quite cute little Swedish bastard.
Was actually very good fighter on lower altitudes.

Attached: FFVS_J_22_01.jpg (1956x1340, 399K)

Not only China. Britain and Netherlands as well.
Being the first in the world to BTFO British Empire's fleet.
Taking over Hong Kong in short order, which was absolutely unthinkable at the time.
The escape of a Dutch ship with the most bizzare camo ever.
All sorts of interesing naval battles long before Japan lost every single advantage they'd had for years up to that point.
The Russo-Japanese truce which held a permament scythe over both the USSR (German invasion in full swing, but unable to send Asian regiments to relieve Europe because USSR couldn't trust Japan to not attack) and Japanese Empire (got fucked hard by the Russians, signed the truce, many people forget the Japanese home defense was primarily against the Russian invasion, which was a real threat unlike the US half the world away).

Attached: Abraham_Crijnssen_small.jpg (500x417, 35K)

The taking of Singapore was one of the worst disasters in British History, and early on the Japs gave America its worst naval defeat. Of course the Japanese could have never kept up such victories buts its still very impressive

I first learned about stuff like Force-Z and ABDA fighting in the Java Sea & surrounding area from video games like Battlestations Midway. Stuff I wish schools covered because it shows the lopsided nature of the war then and also the cooperation that was occurring- not just US vs Japan.
Britain losing its only surface-combat capital ships in the Pacific, putting their territories on the defensive. At that point of early 1942 everything was going to be shouldered by the American carriers and the cruisers the nations of ABDA had. The victories of December 1941 gave Japan a big area to run around with little opposition and most Americans probably don't understand that.

Then the complexities of things like the non-aggression pact with the USSR. Which they adhered to and do Japan did not attack the Soviet Union when Germany & Italy did. There was no obligation to, and most people seem to miss this as well when saying that's why Hitler declared war on the US when Japan did. There were other reasons for that.

Attached: 35100634633_e59d643c11_o.jpg (1228x898, 458K)

Attached: Nodachi.jpg (425x319, 29K)

Where can I buy that and a good condition type 99 arisaka rifle?

Attached: Banzai.png (1600x900, 1.95M)

USGI ain't got shit on glorious nippon steel receiver

Attached: IMAG0063.jpg (2688x1520, 1.23M)

>WHITTU PIGGU
Is that very common?

Attached: CjmGk7S.jpg (902x405, 52K)

Attached: Japanese Type II SMG.jpg (1500x701, 328K)

did you break your leg user?

I am confused, frightened, and uncomfortably erect

Attached: 1470717721-3273393504.jpg (1920x1080, 790K)

Some of their prototype smgs definitely took interesting approaches. Far more than being a copy of a Beretta or Mp-28, even though their finalized Type 100 did resemble that.

Attached: model II A.jpg (592x429, 52K)

Brave IJAAS > fund-thieving IJN
youtube.com/watch?v=04W3BeYmQaE

Attached: ki43iifl_1.jpg (640x424, 79K)

It seems in Europe US infantry relied on artie and airpower more. Seems they weren't able to do that in the Pacific as much.

Unironically one of the best infantry weapons in the entire war.

At the flea market from the fat guy with the ponytail and DOOM tshirt

Would there be interest in a Type 64 or Type 89 clone? Not sure about the Type 64 but Type 89 seems like it would be pretty straight forward to reproduce; we know it uses a piston system similar to the AR-18 and the external dimensions and furniture can be extrapolated from an airsoft clone.

Attached: Howa_Type_89.png (735x328, 357K)

Not enough interest for it to be profitable.

Senshadou!

Attached: japan-s-invasion-of-manchuria.jpg (550x367, 44K)

He tried firing a knee mortar off his knee.

TENNO HEIKA BANZAI
SHINE, GAIJIN BAKAYAROU
NIPPON NO GUNTAI GA ICHIBAN TSUYOI

I want my Type64 SKSFAL

Does anybody outside of japan even know it exists?

I love Japanese weapons, but does anyone other than me like Japanese uniforms?
I collect the navy ones with a focus on naval infantry. Here's two of mine, left is a tropical sailor uniform (original) for work onboard ships and the ground. Right is naval infantry (mostly replica stuff) around 1940-1942.

Attached: kaiguni.jpg (800x600, 196K)

My sides

Where do you get your uniforms?

Implessive

The real ones I search for all around Japan. It's a matter of luck really. The repros I get from Hikishop or buy second hand ones that came from Nakata Shoten (they made great stuff but don't produce much anymore).
Pic related: late war Nakata Shoten navy uniform

Attached: IMG_20190504_164339__01__01__01.jpg (1050x1555, 1006K)

90% of japanese swords are produced with modern steels. Tamahagane is rare but a very small portion of practicing Japanese smiths still use it when doing traditional forging. Again they aren't using it because they think it's better, just because a truly traditionally made tamahagane katana is what some smiths consider the ideal. Plus you get into the different laminations and stuff.

That pic looks like it's from Huawei swords or St. Nihonto, both are ebay sellers out of longquan china who offer custom parts and such. Those two are considered the best out of the many people selling swords from longquan forges.

Far into the future, the Japanese Type 38 have stood the test of time!

Attached: IMG_0008.jpg (3941x1250, 1.02M)

Neat. Japanese uniforms are fairly simplistic but they manage to have a unique look.

Jealous of the dust cover. Wish I could find one to complete my rifle's look.

Attached: ddc7fa4f9805113991207f4d873af49b.jpg (736x1002, 114K)

Did the IJA use that flag?

The sun was centered on the IJA flag and off to the side like the OP for the IJN flag.

The recent Japanese dress uniforms. I like them but wish they had the Type 99 as the ceremonial rifle.

Attached: UyqK4ku.jpg (3872x3280, 1.23M)