Correctional officer Part 2

If anyone remembers my thread, it was about being a correctional officer i posted yesterday. Today i sat my Situational Judgement Test, aced it, they made me sit a Psychometric assessment afterwards which is rare, aced it, and score the highest they've seen in the mathematics part (What they said, probably pulling my leg). Sat an interview today as well, because i was doing good, half way through they stopped and offered me the offer on the spot which i w as being interviewed by a recruiter, and 2 correctional officers.

I took it and say yes on the spot and signed documents, fasted job I've ever got which i am still dumbfounded about.

Post tips, tricks, and things to look out for, or stories.

Attached: 9a2afbc3fce20cce5b7faf1a34c0cf34.jpg (1280x720, 80K)

last thread everyone called you a retard, this thread will not be any different.

Corrections is a job everyone should do for 2 years, and nobody for a career

I bet you will RELAX during the first few months of your job. Are you married? Kids? Get an insurance if you do.

Don't care what those that were incarcerated think. I want to hear stories, or tips and tricks from correctional officers that have on the job experience.

I don't plan to do it for long, I'm thinking do this 2-3 years, gain as much experience, and then jump ship and join the police or fire-brigade.

Not married, single with no kids.

If you are already a cunt it doesnt matter. You will do what you want and are making this thread for the attention. You dont want input.

Put in the event you want input. Dont turn it into a career. They will force you to do night shift. You wont be able to have a stable social life. You will become an utter cunt.

I already don't have a social life once i left the army, i then went into private security. I'm used to long shift,s night shifts, not seeing friends, and only working and lifting.

Hours don't bother me.

Also i guess, the biggest thing in the back of my mind is the fact that i won't be roaming around with a firearm. I didn't have much time to think about the job, i felt as if i was being rushed so i cant say "no", i felt the recruiter and CO guys that interviewed me wanted me to say yes.

Makes me think long and hard about the job now.

Attached: 7fcf886a66ae9ddfe848112517df21d6.jpg (1280x1566, 217K)

Yea basically just clicked to say I hope he enjoys spending half his day sitting in jail pretending he is in charge. Catch a sharpened tooth brush handle to the gut a day before retirement lol

Why do so many people on Jow Forums hate correction officers?

Mental hospital security officer here, ask me anything.

Attached: 14745496805_55041c0120_b.jpg (632x686, 157K)

Would you recommend the job? any good stories? Before i applied for the CO job, i was offered by a mate to work with him at a hospital as a security guard but i rejected the offer.

The job is pretty decent. It's government work, and it has amazing benefits and decent pay.

Our hospital is not like some other hospitals like Mississippi, California, Utah, etc. that have taken the correct step to arm their officers and make them sworn police officers, so we are severely lacking in defensive capabilities on severe incidents.

It's not without danger, I've seen a few patient deaths and dozens of staff injuries. Fortunately, in over a year of this work I've not been injured despite responding to a couple hundred emergency calls.

Personally, I feel the risk is much greater for correctional officers, and as much violence and depravity as I encounter daily, I have heard of much worse coming from the prison system. More than half our officers come from DOC, and left specifically because we are not anywhere near as miserable as that environment.

A few good stories, but few I can really get into detail on due to HIPAA laws, so you'd have to be more specific.

>Fortunately, in over a year of this work I've not been injured despite responding to a couple hundred emergency calls.

whats the most popular call? aggressive patient? How often are you hands on and subdue people?

We have three really common codes: Code Gray for "escalating behavior" or combative patients, Medical Alert for BLS medical emergencies, and Code Blue for ALS medical emergencies. I've responded to over a hundred Code Grays and a few dozen Medical Alerts, and about a dozen Code Blue. There's about 4-5 Code Grays per day, sometimes more.

Security doesn't get to do much hands on most of the time, we're responding from control areas instead of the unit floors, so we often get to a code after the staff have already snatched a patient up into a hold. We have to use this faggy system called Non Violent Crisis Intervention to handle patients. Basically their comfort and safety are paramount, where staff and security could be getting stabbed to death and we're just supposed to coddle these fuckers.

>We have to use this faggy system called Non Violent Crisis Intervention to handle patients. Basically their comfort and safety are paramount, where staff and security could be getting stabbed to death and we're just supposed to coddle these fuckers.

Damn.. glad i rejected the offer if that's the case. I've heard many stories of guards being punched in the face, stuff thrown at them by patients especially those high on drugs like meth.

Good lucking cuddling, or talking down such people.

Again, we're not like the majority of state mental hospitals. Most mental hospital security forces are issued defensive equipment and are permitted to use defensive tactics in serious situations. We are very much an exception to the norm.

People don't come to state hospitals with street narcotics in their systems. While it's true that craftier patients can get it brought in, it's very rare that our patients would enter a drug-induced agitated state. Most of our patients are prescribed anti-psychotics and tranquilizers. Anyone acting up usually gets a PRN and goes to sleep for the day. But every once in a while... someone goes non-compliant on their meds and destroys a dayroom getting hunks of drywall thrown at us while we stand around with our hands on our hips saying "damn I wish we had tasers."

I actually don’t but this particular cage kicker is a whiny foreign fag humble bragging about his resume and test scores. Like we all don’t know they pick the dumbest order followers for this job.

No one gives a fuck about you except your partners. Never forget that. Command and the agency will toss you under the first bus they can. The inmates are all against you. If one seems to be okay it's because they are up to some shit and know you're a dumbfuck. Inmates have the emotional maturity of the average 12 year old. You still need to treat them like adults. Only be a cunt when its call for and you will be fine. CO of 5 years so far and I dont want to eat my gun yet.

CO in FL for 11 years, in this economy you should look for a different job.

Everyone knows everyone in law enforcement are racist baby killers. COs are the redheaded step children of law enforcement. Good job to have in a economic down turn, great in a depression.

If you don't have a pension at the job you are offered you should run screaming away, if you stay you are a dumb ass.

100% accurate

You fell for the oldest trick in the book. If they're pushing you through it's not because you're a good candidate, it's because they're desperate. As a general rule never take a job they offer you during the interview.

so jealousy is why you're angry?

I'm not in the US, getting a government job here isn't as easy or easily available for the retards. I simply did a lot better than majority of them who applied hence why they didn't want me to say no.

Super angry I don’t get to hang out with rapists and bottom barrel state employees all day lol

>look at me I wanna be a zookeeper pay attention
Look out for niggers and people who think that you are a dog of the state. You just painted a target on your back for anybody who wants to take a shot.

Do you see strange things during night shifts?

Attached: lewis.jpg (360x270, 15K)

I had an inmate approach me once and tell me he was getting kind of agitated and was probably going to do something stupid. I told him as long as he waited until I was off shift he could do whatever he wanted to. After shift change he almost stomped a dude to death. Glad I didn't have to write that report.

anybody got the greentext from the Correckshonal Offissah from Africa?

>Post tips, tricks, and things to look out for, or stories.
When an inmate swallows a baggie of drugs and you lock them in an observation room so that when they shit you can pick through it with popsicle sticks make sure you are paying attention and really watching the shit come out his asshole and don't let them re-swallow the shit covered baggie before you get to it, because that's just more shits you'll need to watch him take and pick through.

I do not work nights, but there's a lot of stories about nights.

I've heard reports about staff going in and having sex with residents at the Sexually Violent Predators unit, specifically. Late night smash sessions and such. There's a lot of buttfucking going on among the residents on the SVP unit at night as well. I've heard from techs that work there stories about doing an hourly building census and seeing four feet in a bathroom stall, etc.

Not surprisingly, most of the patient deaths have happened during graveyards, including the most recent. Guy was beaten to death over a radio that was "too loud."

As far as other stuff, we've had incidents where crazies from off the street breach the perimeter and come on property to be weird. A guy climbed over a perimeter double-anti escape fence from a bus shelter to get into the property. He suffered a compound fracture of his arm when he came down from the fence and bled all over the place, attempted to break into one of the abandoned buildings on site, and was caught when the silent alarm tripped. Officers that responded found him covered in blood, ranting and raving about being shot and trying to escape from his attackers. Turns out he was high on meth and just being generally retarded. He was treated at the scene and arrested by PD.

Had another gal come on property bleeding all over the place from some sort of injury who sneaked past our traffic control station and went around trying building doors to see if she could get in, thinking we're some sort of psychiatric ER or something. She too was treated and arrested.

>I didn't have much time to think about the job, i felt as if i was being rushed so i cant say "no", i felt the recruiter and CO guys that interviewed me wanted me to say yes.
It isn't just that they don't want you to think about it (but they sure as hell would prefer it if you don't), it's most likely also that they are severely understaffed and need those extra warm bodies yesterday.

Correctional officer here.
This is correct. They are short across most states. Only a handful of states are at 80% or higher staff.
New Mexico, Mississippi, Texas, and I think Nebraska are all in dire need of more COs.

As I said, they are short. Most states are.
Try it for a year, the first few months are the hardest.
I'm going to assume there is a recruiting bonus

CO here posting my like 3rd comment.
I've met officers who love night shift. Less rank, no one is micromanaging you, you can just do your security checks while the inmates are asleep, read a book, do your checks only as required by policy.

Night shift guy, in my experience lol no. Night shift is easy as shit but every LT and Cap I've ever had in that shift was a micro managing, rule Nazi that thought they were a fuckin drill SGT. Despite sounding like a fuckin Milhouse nerd fuck If you write a report and it doesn't win a fuckin New York times best seller list. You don't have SORT either so if you're a dude you basically get put in every extraction team and it's basically the time frame for crack smokers to smoke and freak out or cutters to open their arm for your attention. If you get caught with a book or sleeping, they make you write a report about how you're a fucking shitstick and they'll watch you from then on and act like you fucked a dog or something

Attached: 1557809753730.jpg (500x488, 61K)

I spoke in the last thread. I've been working a mental health segregation unit for about 1.5 years. It's not hard, you will see the occasional fucked up moments. You will eventually get unknown "substances" thrown at you. You will have to become a douche about the rules you care about (I don't trip on small shit, but I'll throw the kitchen sink at druggies and shit flingers and people generally trying to disrupt me because they're pissed I won't give them a cookie) try to space your work self from regular life without using alcohol or drugs and other poor coping mechanisms to cool off, you'll fucking eat a gun fast if you let it get away from you. The staff will let you down, admin will basically work against you in alot of things, inmates will manipulate you, this will happen 24/7 and can fuck your head up. All I can say is take pride in your effort but don't think it makes you better than anyone else, don't be a prick to inmates for no reason you'll just make another staffs day harder later, find yourself (wanna be a percise douche about every rule? like making the bed or exact amount of canteen you can own, you can be that. But you will have to be that every day to every guy forever if so. Or you wanna be chill and let stuff go? You'll be "liked" but the second you hit a inmate for a DR, now you're gonna hit static so stick to your guns and own it

Because they're degenerates who will find themselves in one of those cages sooner or later. If they haven't already.

This dude got manipulated like a pro marine recruiter would do him and now he's gonna work for the state with rapists and murderers all day. Nobody's jealous of that.

Your unit has cameras doesn't it

Cameras are everywhere in the entire compund

zogbot faggot nigger

ha sounds like being a psych nurse (which I have ten years doing)

As weird as it is, I enjoy working with mental health dudes in the CO capacity. A bad day is real messy. But there are lots of chances for fun/weird stories and some cool shit vs. regular asshole units. Talking a gigantic black man out of pulling out his tendons in his wrist is a good memory. Then later going in witha team to get his razor blades forcefully after spraying the ever living fuck out of him was good fun, we all had a laugh after all said and done.

Bottom of the barrel dregs with an authoritarian fetish. Probably under 6'.

Nice blogpost faggot, enjoy your shitty job.

CO from last thread. Tips? Never let inmates con you or get too close. Seems easy but they have their ways. One inmate could be giving you a hard time and another more senior inmates will tell him too fuck off. Later down the road that senior inmates will try to hold that over your head. It could be as simple as an inmate picking up a pen for you. They will try to get something later. Buy the book "Games criminal play' it's helpful. Pic related. Another tip. Draw you line in the save about personal space. Some will try to get too close and test you. Some may try to "dap you up" bump fist or shake hands. Be careful with that. Personally I only bump knuckles or high5. ANY inmate male or female if they initiate it, this allows me to treat everyone the same. You may not want too let them know you don't do that and try. Everyone who tries down. Last tip. Get a hobbie if you are single. Suicide is high for COs because they take the Jail/prison home with them. Do stuff that makes you forget about work. Good luck dude. I personally like being a CO but it has it's days.

Attached: IMG952070.jpg (946x2048, 126K)

Niggers ruin everything.

Attached: 066.png (1024x768, 610K)

nurse from earlier
i got high a lot
then i quit
burnout is real, sometimes you just gotta quit
I get back in when the money is good which it hasn't been lately (lol you want to pay me what I made in 2008 as a new grad? fuck you, gigantic hospital)

I’m a federal co. If you want to work in a prison go federal. You are a sworn federal Leo and the pay is better.

>it’s such a shame we can’t beat these mentally ill people into submission
No wonder why they wouldn’t let you be a real cop

Attached: CB14B155-64EC-4935-9BA3-D357D614B88A.png (600x450, 330K)

No shit? What's the hiring process like?

I assume they check to see if you have a pulse. Then they probably make sure you’re not a cripple or legally retarded. If you’ve made past those major filters you can probably get hired.

The Feds are a great deal more competitive due to the nature of it. State and private COs will leave the shitty state and private facilities to go Fed, which is apart of why shortages are a thing. I've seen lots of Moto sort chicks and dudes say fuck it and go Fed. It's not the sure thing that hiring to a state spot is

>I'm thinking do this 2-3 years, gain as much experience, and then jump ship and join the police or fire-brigade.
Why not just join a police or fire brigade now and skip the unnecessary step?

The feds are more competitive, especially depending on where you look to work. Each institution hires its own officers. There is no one central place to get hired. If you want an easy in apply at a us Penitentiary. I will warn you tho a pen can be a hard place to work, lots going on there.
I would recommend applying at one of the joints that needs people right now. USP Hazleton WV, the ADMAX in Florence CO or the new Superman in northern Illinois AUSP Thomson.

Attached: 1C88F5BF-68DA-481D-94C1-D44DD6762228.jpg (787x1024, 101K)

I can see that you've never been in a mental hospital around agitated and sometimes armed patients that need to be restrained or subdued. Try it before you form an opinion.

Add GA to that list. Worked the SORT team at a GA level 5 facility for years

It's a job that's necessary, in high demand and has very little applicants. They're literally just blowing hot air so you sign up. Its eerily similar to a military recruiting g process.

Do you think pain would be a good form of therapy for some mentally ill patients?
I know it's now forbidden, but I cant help thinking this method of Pavlov training would actually help many.

Attached: 8207CD509A0149C680061906664FC486.jpg (265x190, 14K)

I used to do (((mental health)))for ex cons, so my experience is somewhat analogous. They're going to constantly test your grasp of the rules, especially in the beginning looking for chances to do whatever stupid shit they aren't supposed to. The ass kissers are the cowards/snitches that will rat to your superiors, the legitimately crazy ones are the most likable and genuine but also the biggest liability and the dangerous ones are those that you never really know where you stand with.

I don't think that pain is good for therapy. To be fair, it's not used so there's no way to really tell but I just don't think it's as effective as a dedicated medication and therapy routine. The old rough-and-tumble days of psychotherapy are littered with the wreckage of failed rehabilitation. The new medications today work very well when a patient is compliant or can be forced to be compliant.

It's definitely very useful for short-term compliance in emergency situations though, that is without question.

>Post tips

maybe look at the real forums for police/corrections ?

what actual advice do you ex[ect to receive for your enforcement career from a random internet drain ?

he seems to have gotten quite a few decent responses over these past two threads. i think the real question here is why bother popping into the thread if you don't actually have anything to offer. i think the old phrase people who aren't turbo newfaggots like to lean on is "lurk more"

don't have anything to offer to the thread? lurk it or leave. kids like you don't really add much to any discussion outside of trying to jerk themselves off.

>quite a few

>random internet drain

if you want to dredge this stuff for a few nuggets it's your time

and if you don't like my tip well too bad

Tell us more Captain Uganda stories.

>turn down working around hot young nurses
>want to work with a bunch of violent men all too willing to shank you and not at least give you a reach around first

Man you retarded