Invisible Ghost Guns

Considering this purchase. Anyone have any experience with Ghost Gunner of any version? How satisfied were you with the final fit and finish of your receivers? And mandatory: What if the child consents though?

Attached: 1140078619.png (1981x2048, 1.27M)

Other urls found in this thread:

automatecnc.com/cnc-milling-machines-overview
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Seems like a really expensive option versus drill, router, and jig. I have finished a bunch or lowers on an 80 percent easy jig gen1. I messed up two but the rest were perfect. Why not just buy off a truck or are you a ban stater?

Its basically a 3d printer with a dremel

I move around a lot due to the nature of my job. Seems like a more portable solution. And yes, my work takes me to cuck states for extended periods of time.
I do plan on getting a mill, lathe, hydraulic press, etc in the future as I'm pretty sure gun rights are going to get fucked relatively soon (with hate speech laws following shortly after) and I must prepare to arm the youth doing the boogaloo.

Attached: dsyeGHr.gif (540x360, 3.67M)

As someone who repairs cnc machines as my full time job just get the easy jig gen2 with a spare milling bit the gost gunner is a joke

They’re super overpriced these days. They used to be $200. Pretty shameful honestly. I get supply and demand and all but come on. The cause is more important than increasing profits by a few %. Just look at PSA.

>Just look at PSA.
This, any company that claims to be a proponent of 2A rights should have at least one option available thats cheap enough so that it becomes common enough that any attempts to regulate it become ineffective

It is an inflexible, one trick pony, weak CNC mill. Just get a used real CNC mill and learn some actual skills for close to the price of this, or get a 5D Tactical Jig and Plunge Base Router for a fraction of the price.

Attached: Wiki-background.jpg (1280x984, 207K)

How much do consumer CNC machines cost? I jewgled used cnc, and the first sites that popped up had $60k machines that looked like they were for industrial applications. Any recommendations?

Depends what you're looking for. My shop just sold a late 80s/early 90s Fadal 3 axis for only $5000
But then we also have a brand new $750,000 mill

Basically I’ll be shopping for something that can mill an AR or mayb even a handgun receiver out of a block of aluminum.
If that’s a noob question if you could point me to a resource that would be appreciated.

I suggest getting an actual 3d printer, it can be used for more than one thing and can cost as low as $200. The Ghost Gunner is probably as much as $2,000 and is only used for that one thing

get a manual mill, used mills are common for under 5k, new shitty ones that are table top single phase machines are like 2k.

how useful is a 30 year old mill, are the ball screws completely shot ?
will it have insane backlash?
Is it tough getting a post processor to output gcode for it?

>How much do consumer CNC machines cost?
There's no such thing.
Your choices are either real industrial machines, or toys.

Industrial machines could cost from a few k for an older machine with a lot of hours on it to the sky's the limit for a new one.

Check these guys, I'm considering one of their cnc lathes.
automatecnc.com/cnc-milling-machines-overview

depends on the machine, really. it's like asking how reliable is a 30 year old car. Some were poorly maintained and abused hard running 3 shifts a day. Others were used very lightly and well maintained. Do your homework before you buy.

Ballscrews/ballnuts can be replaced if they are worn out.

Okay you communist retard

If you just want a small benchtop cnc to finish 80% lowers you could put a brand new one together for about $6-7k including tooling etc. You might be able to buy a used industrial machine for a similar price, but do you have 3 phase power etc?

joe pieczynski has a series of videos making an AR lower from a solid block of material but YouTube made him take them down. They were still on his google+ account last time I checked a few months ago.

You can buy older full sized cnc mills for under 5k. The expense is tooling and set up. The college I went to auctioned off a older Haas (open model) for 2.5k. If I had the money at the time I would have been all over it.

>Ballscrews/ballnuts can be replaced if they are worn out.
This is my biggest concern with a used machine: cost to bring it back to spec would be absurdly high.

Just do your homework and don't buy a whored-out machine. Buy a low hour one.

If you only want to be able to do lowers, I would do a router jig over the GG at this point. I did the 5d jig.with all the options and a Makita router for just under $300 with discount codes a couple months ago.

cheapest decent cnc I have seen is over 10k.