What's Jow Forums's thoughts on the H&K MR 762?

What's Jow Forums's thoughts on the H&K MR 762?

Attached: 12568826_967977206583742_885504340_n.jpg (640x640, 111K)

poorfags like us will never be able to afford it.

Fuck H.W Bush and the "pro-2a" bluelivesmatter ZOGlover faggots who are going to suck Trump's cock for doing similar things.

The MR308 is afine rifle, if on the heavy side.
The g28 version however is outrageously more expensive and heavy for no particular reason.

Wat? Bot detected.

It makes the SCAR look affordable and lightweight. No small feat.

Looks like an 417 hatefucked a SCAR

woah its gold, i'll take 10

What does it do that any decent .308 AR platform can't?

The SCAR 17 is one of the most weight efficient .308 rifles.

So HK basically just makes AR's and polymer pistols now. Wow. Very innovation. Much revolutionary.

It eats all your money.

Just get a SCAR lol.
It's already proven itself to be literally the most reliable battle rifle on earth. The HK is just a basic bitch AR except every single part is some slightly different proprietary bullshit. Not to mention HK is bankrupt and going out of business soon, so say goodbye to any spare parts or customer service.

A friend of mine has one & I had a go w/ it recently.

The thing was beefy, It definitely had some heft to it, but it felt well-made. I could definitely tell that it wasn't as nimble as a standard AR15, but it was pretty comparable to .308 ARs on the market, apart from the DD5. The weight of the gun was pretty well distributed, so the rifle came up easily, & swang well.

Fit & finish were absolutely superb, w/ no cosmetic flaws of any kind that I could find. On a weapon at this price point, that was to be expected.

Unlike a lot of the rifles that come w/ a flat top, the MR762 actually comes w/ a set of Troy Micro back up iron sights. This is a nice addition, & they are actually some quality sights.

>the most reliable battle rifle on earth
Nigger what? Ive seen a few of them jam shooting steel

What's the difference?

y does the pic not extend through the full length of that rail?
I would want the bipod as far forward as possible for stability.

G28 is a fully outfitted DMR version, scope and all. It's $12K ...

It has some kind of fucked up Kraut barrel to get 10-20fts higher Vo and a better precision. Its sub-MOA without handloads and around 0.5-0.7MOA with good handloads. Thats it, a sniper and not a combat rifle

Very nice rifle just like a 416 but too expensive. So im going with a larue predatar 7.62 ultimate kit which comes out to around 3k WITH an nx8, mags, light, and all the accessories. WTF fug is wrong with captcha? holy shit.

*glocknate the post

Explain this meme

Shill bots misfired

Google is probably angry at Jow Forums for wrongthink

It looks ugly and I'm upset that'll replace the m110

>Rifle designed to work with military pressure ammo doesn't like watered down garbage
That's not the rifle's fault, that's user retardation. You can easily swap the gas port if you want to reliably put cheap under-pressure ammo through your $3000 rifle.

>muh "you just gotta tune it" arguments

Are you retarded? You don't need to tune it. Use the ammo it was designed for. Do you need more spoonfeeding?

Imagine paying $12k for something objectively equivalent to a gun thats half the price

What can it do that a 417 or G3 can't?

>precision
>gas adjstment
>no brass killing
>Rails
>stock
>dif barrels
>marine

Attached: 01f740a48d7cb4617aa04d171fdd9251-imagejpeg.jpg (1024x1001, 118K)

What's the point of a fuckhuge handguard if it's not monolithic and doesn't even have rails after halfway?
also
>2019
>STILL not machining a trigger guard into your lower and using a fucking proprietary mag release of all things
Fucking why?

Attached: 1550798137690.jpg (500x597, 61K)

The SCAR is very light for a semi auto .308, user

Brainlet noguns pls go

>literally just make a basic bitch ar10, complete with a totally unnecessary forward assist for .308
>change every single fucking little thing a tiny bit so that it can't use actual ar parts
HK deserved to go bankrupt

Attached: 1455587238138.png (499x338, 38K)

dumb shit like this is why HK always gets mogged by FN

Ok, with the argument for whether forward assists are needed at all being a separate subject, why would switching the calibers be the factor to keep one or ditch it?

Of I recall correctly there’s a version (maybe G28?) that has a steel upper for better rigidity/mechanical accuracy.

HEAVY.

Yep. Just did a cursory search. The G28 upper is milled steel instead of aluminum like the 417/MR762

Why isn't the rail heavily skeletonized for weight savings?

AR10 uses a much stiffer recoil spring, it will basically never need that slight push to chamber like the ar15 sometimes does, even if you ride the bolt forward.
Kabooming .223 because you forced a round that doesn't want to chamber is bad, but kabooming .308 is really fucking bad.

even the US army that was retarded enough to ask for a FA on the m16 didn't ask for one on the sr25

And why is that?

They realized it was retarded to put it in the m16/m4s in the first place. Except now they also realized that 7.62 will not only ruin the gun like 5.56, it will probably injure or kill the soldier.

I can't believe they just added a button attached to a ratchet that interfaced with the fucking bolt. It's literally a "jam my shit up even worse" button.

Admittedly the scope it comes with is 3K on its own.

Attached: 14qSCEM.jpg (3000x2000, 624K)

Attached: fyLPIcD.jpg (4200x2800, 862K)

Attached: ijVZ3FO.jpg (3000x2000, 601K)

Attached: Lg7LT34.jpg (3000x2000, 495K)

>round log!
?
Also the cerakote (i think?) job looks pretty shitty.

Attached: SYQNpl7.jpg (3000x2000, 523K)

Attached: TyECwKo.jpg (3000x2000, 716K)

the steel upper is painted in some tri-layer automobile paint

Attached: lPEA0ks.jpg (3000x2000, 360K)

Round Log! > Grip Zone

that finish is so fucking horrendously ugly it's not even funny

Retardo

>soulless
soul

Attached: scar 16.jpg (1080x1220, 206K)

Why does everyone think SCARs are such hot shit? Is it because of all the 12 year olds playing Fortnite?

yes. 12 is the average age of the nogunz posters on nu/k/

Fuckin zoomers. H Dubya passed the assualt weapons import ban so we will never get those guns. Trump in a similar fashion has promised to protect the second but passed more gun control than obama

>why does everyone think the objectively better gun made by a company that isn't failing is good?????

>why doesn't anyone like my not-an-ar10?

Attached: 1559484930808.png (500x375, 151K)

at least the G28 won't destroy $3K+ scopes

It’s H&K, which means it will be overpriced and have a shit trigger. 99% will never touch one.

Its truly amazing to me how much of a divide Tape/FDE/Coyote/RAL8000 series of coatings create.

I personally love it and buy guns in that color and know a good amount of people that like it as well. I also know a good amount of people that absolutely HATE that color series. I never met anyone that was impartial. Interesting.

that literally doesn't happen because people mount aimpoints and vortexes with no problem, but keep coping I guess

There are hundreds of reports of the SCAR ruining expensive glass, and if I'm buying a .308 DMR, I don't want my $5K glass shattered.

it has nothing to do with the color, the coating is so thick and glossy as fuck it looks like a plastic toy

HK loves to do all four of those colors at once on their rifles, so that might be why people are divided.

Nevermind hard use, if simple rifle recoil can destroy your 5k scope then it definitely wasn't worth 5k and you got ripped off.

I wasn't referring to the G28 specifically.

SCAR is fairly unique in this aspect.

They do it on their MR223/HK556 too, and their handguns. It's always these dual or tri or quad colours of tan, with RAL8000 being the most intense and American FDE being the most mute.

It's a steel upper brainlets.

what does that have to do with the horrendous paint?

The other parts are not PAINTED, they are anodized, moron. The steel is painted with a very thick and durable propriety paint.

I wasn't exclusively referring to HK Products but any firearm that is coated in the Tan/Coyote color palate. I was explaining in my first post of this reply chain that people either like or hate this color or love this color and I personally never met someone that was impartial. I was referring to the COLOR not the brand. This shall be the last post I make in this thread. Good day.

so why didn't they choose a non-shitty paint?
are steel uppers required to have shitty paint?

Define shitty. That coating will protect the metal from corrosion for years.

Apparently they do in HK's books. That gun's color scheme is awful all around. Also, how many places does HK need to put their damn logo, I count like 20.

it's not unlike the paint they put on the MK23 slides.

Handgun slides don't have glossy thick paint.
The FNX slide looks just fine.

It's the forward recoil impulse, and it's not a new phenomenon.
This forward impulse problem is x10000 worse in the m82, where not only do you have a 8lb reciprocating bcg, you have a 10lb reciprocating barrel. Yet many well made optics can survive on it just fine.
A scar will chew up 'quality' koolaid branding optics, but ACTUAL quality optics will survive no problem.

see Some do. It really depends on the manufacturer and what application the gun will be used for.

Mk23 slides are nitrocarburized aren't they?

Because that texture is how steel looks once painted. Unless you're talking about RAL8000, then yes it looks like babyshit.

compared to the USP and HK45/P30 slides, the MK23 has another layer of what feels and looks like paint, even on the non-marine finish ones. It feels sleek and looks shiny and not matte. Much like the G28 upper up there but black.

Military rifles should always be over gased to run in dirty conditions or on bad ammo. The rifle should not be turned to run like a competition gun.

>forward assist
Isn‘t it time to just admit that it was a dumb idea and stop putting it on every AR derivate?

Lol did they powder coat it?

Yes. Content of paint is propriety but it is actually just a multilayer powder coat

17lb boat anchor.

Praise Barrett.

Attached: 3876_.jpg (1620x1080, 62K)

SCAR’s will get the eternal dick ride because it’s one of those op8r rifles that most of us won’t be able to afford. And yes, video games have seared it into a lot of people’s memories.

I can tell you though guys.. if you think that you’re missing out on something by not having one, you’re really not. I can tell you from firsthand experience that two of my friends each went out and bought one and both within the first year were having major buyer’s remorse and wanted to sell theirs but couldn’t. I’ve shot it a handful of times and it was a decent gun, but it has some pretty pronounced flaws. The stock is uncomfortable and bad, and it’s really heavy considering it’s 5.56. It should’ve been a .308, I don’t get it.

So what you get is basically a really heavy piston AR with a worse stock and less aftermarket customization parts. Factor in the price of an optic and let’s just say your wallet will never be the same.

Just get a piston AR.

SCARs are like that hot gf with glaring personality flaws but god dayum.

Not that guy but I don’t mind either one. I have the entire M&P line of pistols except for the full size and you reminded me of how I thought it looked cool. I’ll probably get the full size in coyote if I had the choice.

Ha! She ain’t messing with no broke niggas

Attached: Stop.jpg (1280x720, 57K)

>abloo its expensive
>abloo I dont like the stock
Stop being a faggot
>its really heavy considering its a 5.56
What horseshit is this? The 16 has a noodle barrel and is like 6.5lbs in the 10" config. Its on par with anything that has the same feature set

kek