I fucked up an AR 80% lower by milling too deep near the trigger guard. Does this confirm I'm a sub 50 IQ retard?

I fucked up an AR 80% lower by milling too deep near the trigger guard. Does this confirm I'm a sub 50 IQ retard?

Attached: will_you_fight.jpg (480x608, 67K)

Yes but it’s probably salvageable.
Post pics faggit

Almost certainly. Lets put the powertools away before you lose a hand bud.

It's a small hole on the left side of the trigger guard.

Shit happens. I bet you can still use it though.

your words do not paint a picture, faggit
Use your goddamn phone or stfu with your gimpy lower

What are you calling the trigger guard? Because the actual trigger guard is that little piece that you attach later with a roll pin and a captive pin.

It comes on polymer 80% lowers.

If you milled too deep and the trigger spring sticks out you have a problem. A small hole can be patched with just about any gimmicky product made to "patch" metal. You can either paint or sharpie over the filler after it cures. If there isn't enough metal left to support metal filler, you can buy another 80% and try again or pony up the cash for a drop in trigger. It really isn't the end of the world, more of a learning experience.

Even if the lower has an integrated trigger guard, you shouldn't be doing any milling anywhere near it on an 80%.

Sorry, the grip attach point.

Attached: IMG_20190626_210709.jpg (4048x3036, 1020K)

That should be usable

How the fuck did you manage that? Are you not using a drill press where you can set the maximum depth of travel of the actual bit?

>low shelf with plastic receiver
interesting

I was using the end mill and when it got to that side of the receiver, it jerked and rotated the receiver, causing the bit to go down much further than the maximum depth of travel.

>not securing your work
You're lucky it didn't grab and spin the whole thing.

It’s an easy fix.
Masking tape off over the hole on the out side to make a dam
Get pic related at Home Depot
Set your lower upright and level as it would be while you are milling it.
Fill up the damaged area
Cure with UV light
It works fine. I’ve done it before.

Attached: 8F5CBD05-1420-4AFD-8200-C8F9C157F427.jpg (1113x1500, 220K)

>fucked up an AR 80% lower by milling too deep near the trigger guard

>buys PLASTIC 80% AR lower
Well, that's prolly retard territory on its own...
>Drills hole through FCG pocket
You might not have the skills or intelligence to use a measuring device, like a fucking ruler. Very retarded.
>Asks Jow Forums what they think.
Dude, you ain't even scoring 50 on the IQ scale.

Not worse than me, I bent an upper installing a barrel. ARs are fragile as fuck. Aluminum rifles were a mistake.

I can measure just fine. Part of the process is milling out the pocket using an "end mill" when you use a drill press. You can't secure the AR in a vice for this portion as the receiver has to be moved around laterally to remove excess material that couldn't be removed with the standard drill bit. However, your first and last points are valid.

See above. I had it secured in a vise every time I was using a standard drill bit and making holes.

Thanks man.

That's fine. Just fix that shit with epoxy putty or something. There isn't much load on an AR lower anyway, that's why you can get away with making them out of plastic.

Low shelf eh, got a clothes hanger handy?

Jb weld, drop in trigger with a good casing.

Nice kot

That's one fat pussy in the background user

>You can't secure the AR in a vice for this portion as the receiver has to be moved around laterally to remove excess material that couldn't be removed with the standard drill bit. However, your first and last points are valid.

Sure you can. You're just cutting corners and then wondering why shit gets fucked up when you don't do it right.

Attached: xy-vise-cross-slide-for-drill-press-image-best.jpg (576x451, 43K)

>I had it secured in a vise every time I was using a standard drill bit and making holes.
>But not for the part involving off-axis forces that are actually at risk of grabbing and jerking it around.

Hope you learned something. If you want to pretend your drill press is an actual milling machine, use an X-Y table, not your bare hands.

>Specific purpose tools are too expensive, lol, Imma just use a vise and a pipe wrench
>somehow it's damaged now???
>Aluminum rifles were a mistake!
No, shortcut-takers like you and OP are the mistake.

Who makes the cheapest AR lowers to practice on