Took my wife to a gun store and let her pick out a gun for her birthday. She picked this out...

Took my wife to a gun store and let her pick out a gun for her birthday. She picked this out. Dont know much about them but for some reason unknown to me in the back of my head I have the idea that Smith and Wesson guns are inferior compared to any other guns she could've picked like H&K or Sig Sauer. Also not sure if this would be a good carry gun. Any ideas?

Attached: DSCN41111-1024x675.jpg (1024x675, 259K)

Other urls found in this thread:

cancanconcealment.com
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I'd vomit.
but whatever. my wife loves Berettas, I hate them
so be it

She did good. Looks like she made a better choice than what you would’ve done. Buy her the difference in what she would’ve paid for an HK in defensive training lessons and ammo.

Should've gotten the 2.0.

Sig has gone to shit in the last few years, so I'd put them near the bottom of mainstream brands as far as trust is concerned. You might get a good one or you might get a deathtrap. The M&Ps are decent. They're reasonably reliable and have the best ergonomics of any striker fired polymer pistol IMO. The QC could be better, but it's mostly minor issues not hazardous malfunctions like Sig.

I was thinking like a West German Sig. Trying to find one myself.

Divorce her for not getting a hecklar and cock.

Unless you got it for a really good price, she should have gotten the 2.0. M&Ps are fine though.

299 used

yep should have gone 2.0
you got jewed

Not terrible, not great.

Attached: r6s3cb.jpg (1158x1954, 916K)

(OP)
>Should've gotten the 2.0.
This

She did fine OP. You paid on the upper end of what they go for. They're not bad, they're not excellent. Imo the triggers suck but apex fixed that. It's a reliable, basic bitch pistol.

No bad. Solid gun with a shot trigger. Just upgrade that and your solid

user, how does one acquire wife?

Only thing she did wrong was get the 1.0 over the 2.0

Gotta know how to check the oil and ring the bell ;)

Women love the shield, don't know why but they do.

Replace the trigger with an apex and you're gold, it's kind of a pain but the difference is amazing.

$360

Hope that she doesn't use it on you.

If I do this, will she snuggle with me to sleep every night?

It's a polymer framed striker fired wonder 9, once Glock hit the scene and made poly wonder 9's popular basically every big name general purpose company started making their own copy with different egros and minor features, that is an appliance of a handgun, it holds a bunch of boolits and will spit one out every time you ask it to. Not much else and if that's all you want in a gun it's perfect, tldr not wrong choice\10

>snuggle every night
That sounds nice and all, there is a lot of nights I rather just talk for a few, roll over and go to bed.

>Sig has gone to shit in the last few years
No they fucking haven't. They have had literally 2 problems in decades, with the p320 and p365 both of which were brand new designs and both of which were fixed.

Please try to name ANYTHING that's actually wrong with sigs other than parroting bullshit you heard on Jow Forums.
>b-b-but they charge HK prices!
No they fucking don't. HK charges HK prices and they are literally bankrupt. The vast majority of sig's catalog sells for less than $600.

>Should've gotten the 2.0.
What is wrong with M&P?

Umm user the sig556 had bolt failures, thr M400/516/716 all had hammer cracking issues, the recoil assembly on the MPX also had failures and the P238/P938 had mainspring housing cracks and sear disengagement (aka discharge) when switching off the safety if you accidently pulled the trigger while the safety was on.

All of them recalls. If you buy sigs new releases post 2008, you are beta testing.

Just change that horrendous hinged trigger. Holy fuck what were they thinking with that...

He said 2.0, which is the 2nd gen. The 2.0 has many small improvements besides the trigger and texture than the 1.0. From the early ones they changed the twist rate of the barrel, sear block, striker, added a slide stop that doesn't drop the slide when reloading, small front slide serrations, stiffer extended front steel chassis, etc.

Her Pimp is going to take it away from her

Attached: 430f88e96260070bae263d9eb297dff5d7fe58989b245785ab89449824c0265e.png (374x438, 177K)

Your wife isn't high speed enough for a "superior" pistol to make a difference, dude. Get good training and practice often. It's a fine pistol.

Enjoy going to jail for your straw purchase.

Attached: dontliefortheother.jpg (414x610, 73K)

I've mostly heard people claim HK and FN are the top dogs... never fucking Sig...

Sig were awesome in the 80s-90s. Still cool now but overpriced from the hype and too many QC issues to justify the overprice

i dont think you know what a straw purchase is. even as a joke you arent correct.

What?

While S&W does make solid pistols and rifles, they are known for their revolvers which are top knotch. As much as I love S&W you're better off going with different manufacturers for your non-wheelgun needs.

Word.

they were top shelf hot shit back in the 80's. the P226 was the 9mm to beat back then, and the old ones still stand strong. My uncle got a west german P226 from 1984. it's smooth as fuck.

the one thing better about today concerning Sig's is the modern aftermarket mags are really fucking good. even the shitty modern aftermarket mags are better than the average to good mags of the early 80's.

Only retards and poorfags hate sig

This. Your wife is smarter than you and knows more about guns than you. Whatever you think you know is anti-knowledge, based on your post.

Nothing wrong with that gun, they are fine. Nothing to get all that excited about either, but I doubt she was after something "cool" so who cares? It's a quality gun that will go bang and put rounds on what you are pointing it at (if you do your part) so I think she did just fine.

It's the S&W Glock clone. It will reliably run bullets through it and look inelegant in the process. They are decent not amazing and I would trust it as a cc/hd piece.
>I have the idea that Smith and Wesson guns are inferior compared to any other guns she could've picked like H&K or Sig Sauer
Cheaper parts and finish than those brands for sure but importantly it fits the owners hand well if that is what she chose and practically speaking it is Just As Good™ for anything she will need the gun for.

Why would you buy something on sight without doing the slightest bit of research first? You have a smartphone, you literally could have done it at the counter without taking a step.

I'm absolutely baffled at the laziness and unbridled consumer whorism of America in 2019.

The gun is fine. You're an idiot.

Maybe just the term makes them feel protected?
Subconscious marketing?

See

I have an an M&P 40 and I actually like the stock trigger. Idk why everyone seems to crap on them

Tfw She will never heckle your koch.

Just kidding, good purchase, user.

Your wife done good. How does she plan on carrying that? My wife likes cancanconcealment.com holsters because she really doesn’t wear jeans and def never wears a belt. I like them cause lace is sexy. She has the hip hugger and the corset. It’s super fun to pull up her sun dress and see that same gun plus extra mag before I fuck her missionary style while holding my M&P 9c to her temple. Squirts every time my dude.

>user, how does one acquire wife?
Take a woman shopping and let them buy whatever they want, even if it's stupid as fuck.

>299
Fine deal. Those models just had barrel issues that affected accuracy and they never really sorted it out.

I've got a west german P228 from 1994 (With Exeter markings for some reason, not sure if it got refinished or what but says Made in W Germany) that came with only a mec-gar mag, not an original one. Shoots like butter every time.

I’ve never had issues with SIG teebeeaych. My P229 is my favorite pistol and my CCW. My P226 is my nightstand gun and I have a P220 10mm to flex on the wristlets. I’ve yet to own a rifle and I was looking at the MCX and the 716 as well. I think the MPX would be a good trunk gun. I also really want one of those P226 Sport IIs, but all I can find are fudds charging an arm and a leg for them. I have a P320 full-size in .357 and I like it. I want a P365, but I don’t know what I’d do with it if I bought it. Pic is my P229 when I first got it.

Attached: BBAB45B7-3497-41C8-8FBF-F51A3E7C0E2F.jpg (1080x1920, 409K)

This thing is on par with Glock and Sig so she did pretty damn good.

>I’ve never

stopped reading right there. congrats you made it 2 words before your argument failed. Anecdotal evidence is meaningless... are you that stupid?

Gay ass safety.

M&P's are fine. Obviously H&K, Sig or Walther have a better track record but plenty of LEA carry M&P's. Pretty decent choice. Your wife must be a big bitch to carry a full size M&P though lol

user is either retarded or posting weak b8

I was just sharing my experiences, friend. I wasn’t trying to make an argument or tell others they’re wrong. I’m sure if you left your mom’s basement and actually socialized, you’d know the difference between an argument and conversation.