Why isn't helmet art a thing anymore?

Attached: 7040f002a5455cebd36ea79290b9ab2a--the-who-the-ojays.jpg (439x640, 50K)

That helmet cover is not yours to deface.

nu-military wont allow it because it'll offend someone somewhere

Attached: 1560483545246.jpg (1280x720, 115K)

Same with nose-art and swearing, it's offensive, unprofessional, fun, etc.

These two.

Regulations are ruining our society.

Whenever the next prolonged and brutal war is, you will see a return to helmet writing and nose art. Where regulations like that aren't really enforced because it would lower morale and the fighting it too active to care.

>lee Harvey oswalt
OUT FUCKING STANDING MARINE!

Just because a bunch of dumb conscripts did it, doesnt mean its cool.

>he doesn't know
it depends on what unit you are in but you gotta be somewhat lowkey these days

Attached: metallica.jpg (1024x1026, 196K)

Attached: misfits.jpg (982x673, 423K)

ever since the draft ended and the number of people who don't want to be there no longer outnumbered the people who wanted to be there enlisted are less willing to throw grenades into officers' tents for enforcing regs they don't like

the true question is why did we see so little helmet art/graffiti in WW2?

Attached: fuck (You).jpg (501x468, 33K)

Liberals ruin everything

Attached: dog.jpg (1024x637, 97K)

The Army was not expecting any of those helmets to come back.

hemlets*

Attached: 8E12EAE3-8EE2-4555-AF05-6204B98E4F86.jpg (624x352, 15K)

Didn't he shoot JFK from a book suppository, sir?

Iran when? I don't even care about killing some persian dudes on the other side of the earth, I just wanna see cool nose and helmet art online.

DAT HEMLET ISSN YERS TO PAINT OHN!
IT IS THE PROPERTY OF THESE YOUNITED STATES MARINE CORPS!

Why does he want to "kill email"?

based

Attached: psalm.jpg (2144x1431, 336K)

You should see some of the shit that was doodled on hellfire missiles lol. It’s even funnier when they take one on mission and don’t shoot it and it goes back to the flight line.

He may have wasted 4 years of his life in the military but at least he has good taste in music.

Navy would say "unprofessional". Seabees wouldn't mind though.

You can buy another one at the PX, if you do a combat deployment you'll probably need to anyway because CIF contractor nazis.

But yeah any individuality gets shit on these days. Though I did have a Jarhead quote written on my cateyes in Syria, and my LT gave it a pass because he's a great guy.

In WW2 you could send jap skulls back to your wife so she would get soaking wet at how much of a fucking maniac you were
Nowadays if you say nigger jokingly you would get treated like Satan

Because we can't have our guys have any sort of drawing on their equipment when they blow shit up, it would be unprofessional.

Can confirm

Attached: 1944 japanese skull.jpg (90x125, 2K)

Attached: 1444966618362.jpg (306x345, 22K)

Attached: 1444966212615.jpg (640x480, 53K)

Attached: 1444966466176.jpg (600x394, 20K)

Attached: 1444967020054.jpg (800x600, 163K)

looks unprofessional and trashy, something only a shitty army with a third of its' force consisting of shitty conscripts would do.

Because that war was fought by men and not flower children seeking something new to protest.

Youre a fuckin idiot. This is some real underage posting type of shit right here.

Sharpies, as in the permanent marker, didn't come out until 1964.
I don't think WWII was in 1964.

So, America during Vietnam?

>Regulations are ruining our society
uhh...

did any other country do this shit on their helmets?

Yeah, """he,""" did

I guess helmet decorations went away when photos of them could be published online within the hour. Make a funny picture with a Syrian child's body and you squatting on top of it, and the enemy will have it delivered to CNN before the blood has even dried on your boots. You want anonymity these days if you are in the combat zone. Ever wonder why sunglasses became standard issue?

first one to post a helmet pic with an ahegao face drawn on it wins

Attached: 1561540024589.jpg (770x578, 523K)

>ever wonder why sunglasses became standard issue
Nigga what

Attached: h9jpey9u5mx21.jpg (714x480, 33K)

It is, everyone is just a lot more concerned about image nowadays and keeps pictures to themselves and the official pictures are almost all staged/sanitized before publication.

>1956/mlce/alice/etc. pistol belt
HHHHNNNNG

Attached: 1540558696815.png (800x1020, 488K)

In his defense you can get the regular BCG frames with tinted lenses at medical.

>I just wanna see cool nose and helmet art online
I'm sure you'll happily send the goyim to die for your entertainment, kike

You try writing on steel then come back to me

At least until it rains (hard enough)

Attached: proxy.duckduckgo.com.jpg (368x500, 18K)

Confirmation for ants

Attached: LIFE_May_1944_Jap_Skull.jpg (187x265, 10K)

Attached: 238397-3x2-article620.jpg (620x413, 76K)

>Prolonged

Do you realize that the United States has been in Afghanistan for a longer period of time than was necessary for Napoleon to seize power, crown himself emperor, lose his armies in Russia, be sent into exile, escape, and be sent into exile again?

They didn't have ballpoint pens or felt-tipped pens, and you try writing that shit with a fountain pen.

The misfits are not good music.

I got through bootcamp with Born to Kill written on my helmet, wasn't that big tho and later on in my actual company, the co completely had his period over the thing... and then I smeared some dirt over it.

Attached: IMG_20180913_084727.jpg (1784x2379, 2.18M)

to be fair this self absorbed smartass bullshit just comes off, like super gay. I mean it's another story when you have something over the top on there because it's a meme and all, and I respect bible phrases as well when somebody believes in god and identifies with that... or it's the "Great vengeance and furious anger" meme... I respect that... but this shit is just cringy, specially in fucking German, so he's solely flexing on Ger pogs or what?
He doesn't even have a dope ass holo, just the baseline A2, all the special hotbois rice their G36ks out and have eotechs and custom slings and shit.

Attached: 328.jpg (644x483, 42K)

krauts speak kraut

Because of faggy CSMs and 1SGs

Well on the other hand this spares us a lot of cringe, right?

>> 2 kb image

Goddammit this, Pacific War Marines were ripping out teeth, skulls, cutting fingers off, taking scalps, gunning down japs with no remorse and came home as fucking heroes and to a surplus of poon. Now we get diversity training, ROEs, the press sniffing up our skirts, TBI, a void in my soul I’ll never fill and the fake appreciation. At this point I’d rather have an edgelord faggot tell me I fought for Israel rather than hear another insincere “thank you for your service”

Attached: 92E67712-3253-47F8-9947-147AB9BF0E64.jpg (700x528, 66K)

If I wasn’t out of town I’d post pictures of Pacific War Marines who have their names, the names of their city, crosses and even stars of David drawn on their helmet covers. It wasn’t as common in the European theater but in those drawn out Pacific campaigns it seemed Marines and Soldiers stopped caring after a while. Marines would also leave the back flaps of their helmet cover loose like a kepi too keep the sun off their necks and roll with ripped up dungarees

Attached: 600328BC-CB22-444D-A137-1F014C856F2C.jpg (704x669, 92K)

stephanie meanwhile is fucking his best friend back at home

M-maybe

Attached: 1559697912604.png (352x512, 137K)

Attached: shizuneprivate_meeting_by_req_uestor-d8ecibi.png (908x783, 435K)

Attached: shizuneptsd1510187553649.jpg (2592x1456, 675K)

Sorry bro but she doesn’t love you

Hisao? How'd you pass MEPS?

emi whipped his sorry ass into shape

The Pacific truely was a hellhole, hot, possibly lacking clean water, horrific terrain varieties including jungle, coral, and volcanic rock. An enemy so fanatical that they would gladly run head on at a machine gun with a sword in hand, or let off a grenade when one of your Corpsmen approaches with the intent to save their life. That could and sometimes did appear out of caves days after a sector was clear.

No wonder they marines and GIs hit the limit of shits to give.

Some folks also seem to associate napalm with Vietnam, but it was in use long before then.

Highly recommend "With the Old Breed" written by Eugene Sledge. Though I'd bet a good chunk here have read it. He was a Marine on Peleliu and Okinawa and does a good job of chronicling his deployment with little embellishment, and with lots of unit specific information. He actually took a huge risk and broke several rules to keep this information written down during the war.

The "thank you for your service" is the most awkward shit. I didn't do it to be thanked by some boomer, I did it because it should be everyone's duty to earn your rights.

>prolonged and brutal
Read more.
Also, reddit spacing.

Most people with ears would disagree with that statement

Attached: nowimgonna.jpg (716x960, 44K)

I agree with him
t. has ears

This is dope. Really neat.

Vietnam was a bunch of volunteers serving with a handful of undesirables under the leadership of incompetent retards who were incapable of waging a defensive campaign. You're looking at a man who realizes that nobody cares about his life, his safety, or his mission. Back then you could write "Fuck this war" on your helmet because the tech sergeant was blowing that vietnam fuego through the blooper into PFC Jamarius's mouth.

Sort of like how in Iraq we were being led by people who wanted HK's proprietary rail system and attachments for their neato Halo rifle to go with the cammies that didn't match the theater. When I swore in we were wearing BDUs. BRB lidocaine and sugar free monster

The US isn't actively pursuing Taliban leadership or trying to destroy training facilities. The US is trying to teach Arabs how to conduct counter insurgency and anti terror operations. This is impossible, because Arabs are incapable of putting together a military force that is dedicated to more than keeping college students from protesting hardline fundamentalist brutality through excessive force and coercion.
>inb4 somebody posts statistics from the Ottoman empire or some Persian conquerer.

No. Fuck off. The Arab Spring led to a new rise in the fucking "Insh'allah" policy where every single ANP officer and soldier I had to work with seemed to have the mentality that "If I Allah wanted me to maintain a combat ready level of physical fitness, he would have inspired me to." Or, "If Allah wanted me to be a great warrior, he would have made me one. I'm just responsible for checking identification at a checkpoint outside of a green zone. Pass the kush."

Rights are god-given and inalienable, not earned, faggot

Most people I've met seem to enjoy their music

Attached: lebowski.gif (500x235, 518K)

Attached: 200%America.png (324x448, 108K)

Fair enough man, they just aren't for me

If you think being a cog in the ZOG is respectable, than I'm lmfao'ing at your tiny little peabrain.

You're a cog in the zog no matter what. Might as well get some money and shoot some hadjis.

Nice defeatist attitude. I bet you're a nigger.

>You want anonymity these days if you are in the combat zone. Ever wonder why sunglasses became standard issue?
That's evil as fuck. In a cool way.

I may be a defeatist, but at least I'm not picking fights on an anime imageboard

Terminal Lance posted this a while ago. Dude didn't get in trouble but he was told to remove it after the photo went viral.

Attached: I'm just a lance Corporal.jpg (960x960, 104K)

The Marines eat the writing utensils

Doesn't that scare you though??

>"If Allah wanted me to be a great warrior, he would have made me one. I'm just responsible for checking identification at a checkpoint outside of a green zone. Pass the kush."
based and hedonist pilled

I'm not jewish, but ok. I thought it was pretty obvious that I was joking, but I heard that autists have a hard time recognizing sarcasm.

Iran would just be more of the same. Short swift conventional war followed by long drawn out occupation. Nothing neat.

Now China, theres where it's at.

We train young men to drop fire on people. But their commanders won't allow them to write "fuck" on their airplanes because it's obscene.

>Americans unironically wish to replicate the actions of nigger tribesmen
So this is why you keep losing wargames

>Ever wonder why sunglasses became standard issue?
Fuck I wish.
Aviators on patrols would be max occupation kino

not just this but also unless you're LE MEME WARFIGHTRE GRUNTE it's probably not even like you get the same helmet every time you need one

>But yeah any individuality gets shit on these days.
true but inb4 and also in after REE LIBERALS whining, it's more because it's the fucking military and they want you to be uniform for far memier reasons than not offending people who see photos of you later. today you sharpie an inspiring quote on your helmet, the next you're putting stickers on trucks, and before you know it you won't even be ironing your sleeves!!!!!!

ballistic shades are standard issue and dont hide your eyes or face at all

and in fact,
>Make a funny picture with a Syrian child's body and you squatting on top of it, and the enemy will have it delivered to CNN before the blood has even dried on your boots.
a lot of units mandate wearing the orange lenses that only reduce glare but don't hide you at all for exactly this reason. they want your face to be seen so that you feel accountable and stay out of trouble.

Pacific campaign > war in Europe
In terms of aesthetic

>and dont hide your eyes or face at all
And that's the problem.
If it cand hide your face or make it look like your wearing shades then what's the point?

defacing military property, pass revoked.