Anybody wanna offer me a small loan?

Anybody wanna offer me a small loan?

Attached: 20190627_214248.jpg (2013x2013, 1.88M)

I've already made enough deposits in your mum

>five thousand fucking dollars
Wtf. Is it new?? My dad has one, but I think it's an M8. It was a whopping $600 in the mid-80s.

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 15K)

they'll never sell that, lol.

>mid-80s
Well, inflation, not making new ones, etc.

They were selling for $1300 about 4-5 years ago last time I was shopping for them. I even saw some grade B surplus sell at Top Gun Supply like 4 years ago for around $800-900. There is no justification for the $5k price tag except that Bass Pro Shops is an anti-2A company and they want to torture gun owners.

I saw one at my LGS for like 2500 a couple weeks ago.

Cabelas does a lot of consignment and such, so they may be selling it on behalf of someone with no idea on how gun prices work.

Now that's an old meme

Shoes

omigod

2k is about where they top out these days

The mint unfired M13's I've seen on gunbroker are usually posted at about 1500 less, although usually without a spare mag.

>striker fired
>grip cocker/saftey
>5000 dollars
Literal garbage

>
Sure. I want a green card. How do we meet up?

No it's the gun room marking them up. They buy them outright typically for 50-70% of value. Cabela's was never that great on prices but they used to haggle and some good deals could be had if you talked to the right person.

Since BPS bought Cabelas its been fucking terrible. If you ask to haggle at most you will get 5-10% off, but generally they won't budge at all, and have them give you a speech about how you can save $20 more if you open a credit card. When Cabelas was still just Cabelas the gun room staff were mostly decent. The current staff really doesn't know much about anything, and the gun room manager is just there to enforce pricing and knows even less than the general staff. I'm honestly sad how poor current Cabelas is since BPS bought them out honestly.

Also there was a crate of round receiver 91/30s that was pitted to hell and were all tagged at $399. People still bought them though.

I work in another gun library and sold one for 2k last month with 6 mags. Tell me which store so I can laugh at them The way it works is that we usually keep a price firm until it’s been in for six weeks and then after that, we’ll start being open to haggling within the profit margin, usually just 5-10%. There’s also bi-annual markdowns authorized by corporate on individual items that haven’t moved at the asking price.
Generally the offer we give on a gun is around 70% of what the tag price will be unless it’s something like a Hi Point in which case we make a higher margin with a low offer because lolpotmetal. The shit-tier $400 mosins and beat up ex-police Win 1300’s clogging every store’s racks were mass buys with corporate (not locally decided) prices and distributing them around the different stores.
Fuck the club card though. They harp on us constantly to get sign-ups. The other day, they punitively had every person from the gun library scheduled to help out at the club booth for an hr because we weren’t collectively getting many applications. Like yeah, the people who are purchasing five figure guns are going to be interested in the shit-tier card, let me just embarrass every party involved by pimping it to them. To add insult to injury, we’re already two people understaffed, it was a busy Saturday, and they’ve recently made it so that library staff need to process the entirety of a gun sale from write up through checkout further ensuring we don’t have enough staff on the floor to perform basic sales operations. I cannot wait until I graduate and get a big boy job. At least I get to fingerfuck things I wouldn’t normally afford to.

Attached: 238018FE-C77F-4E47-9E8C-B7EC42D105DA.jpg (199x130, 9K)

Corporate understaffing and getting mad that half the people haven't somehow managed to increase their own productivity to match lofty standards is a hallmark of the average corporate stooge nowadays. I'm an appliance salesman at a hardware store. I make good money doing what I do but the changes they have made recently, along with continuously adding new goals on top of an already understaffed store are laughably stupid. At least our credit isn't as pushy as Cabelas.

How often do you guys sell the bubba'd surplus that has an asking price of an unmolested gun?

>5000 fucking dollars
The fuck?

At the location I work, we usually outright pass on bubba’d milsurp (as well as ring of fire guns) but that’s our own policy rather than company wide. If it’s not too disgusting and in the months leading up to deer season we’ll move on things that’d normally be turned away, but that doesn’t stop corporate from sending us trash. Like there’s a batch of bubba’d yugo mausers they sent us last December, just *after* the deer season rush when they might possibly move that they want $399 for across the board. Near as we can tell, they were the learning guns from a gunsmithing school in Serbia or something, as none are done well, or even consistently. A full spotter stock here, a chopped military stock there, some bolts crudely turned, others still straight, etc. There’s a lot of perks to the job that location management has axed like outfitter eligibility for blue label Glocks, or employee discount on guns. I know for a fact at other locations that outfitters can get used guns for cost + 10%, but not here. That plus company wide austerity-driven benefit curtailing has pretty much killed any employee loyalty or morale there might have been. They recently sold the premisises of about a dozen stores to property managment firms and are now just lesees thereof. When you see a move like that, it’s pretty indicative of the designs that long lost Bush son-lookin cat Johnny Morris has on Cabela’s.

you can't read can you?