Airgun for Rats

I have to shoot a lot of rats. What airgun would be best for this? What speeds do I need to push .177 at to kill rats? What about .22?
It'll be at suburban distances, mainly. Rat size will range from mouse-sized babies to ones larger than a fat squirrel.
These rats are surprisingly aggressive and smart, but not very fast. I haven't been able to trap or poison any of them, but I ran one down and smashed him with a big rock after I caught him shitting on my porch. I also caught two of them fornicating in the street and ran them over with my car today.
Goddamn rats. I'd shoot them with my real guns, but my neighbors would probably call the cops.

What do I need to exterminate them, Jow Forums?

Attached: chicago-brown-rat.png (500x600, 219K)

Whatever you do, don't point it out the window while drunk in a hotel in Arizona

Fully suppressed .22lr

CRAWL TO ME

You could use a primer-only .22 which produces a noise comparable to a louder air gun.

I spent next month's gun budget on a scorpion. Can't afford it, unless you know where I can get a suppressed .22lr for under $250.

Is this legit? I have a stock Ruger MKIV but have never tried primer-only ammo.
I do live in a neighborhood where people will call the cops if they hear stuff that sounds too much like gunfire. From what I've heard, airguns sound closer to nailguns and the sound would blend in with nearby construction

Do you have these bad boys in the states? 9mm rimfire out of a smooth barrel. Sounds like a whip crack, no need for a suppressor nor earpro

Attached: WMD.jpg (4160x1100, 1.12M)

I've never heard of 9mm rimfire, or seen one in a gun store around here.
Looks pretty cool, though. Seems like the kinda thing Wal-Mart would sell millions of if they stocked them.

>I have to shoot rats

No you dont get a trap

If you can’t catch a rat in a trap you’re setting your traps improperly btw

What kind of trap do you recommend? I bought some traps from the store and baited them how they said, and I've caught zero rats in four days. Running over them in my car has legit been more effective than trapping them.
Is there some sort of trick to trapping rats?

Simple snap traps were fine, but YouTube has entire channels dedicated to building your own traps including one effective one that can drowned a whole bunch at once that they use to clear out barns. It requires a bucket a cordless drill a pice of wood and soap.

The mistake people make with snap traps as they don’t set the trigger light enough. you want the trigger to be so light that if you set it down faster then the with lightest tap onto the floor it’ll snap. Most people don’t do this because they’re worried about the trap snapping on their fingers you can Google how set a trap out properly.

They do exist, it's called 9mm flobert here. They're definitely not common, but ammo is reasonably cheap.

I want one now. Can you suppress them or would that be overkill?

I just checked youtube- my god, I had no idea there were so many different ways to catch rats. I definitely set the triggers on my traps too heavy, because these bastards were able to get the bait off without tripping them.
Some of the drowning traps look worth building. I've got a couple days off, so I'll take a trip to the hardware store today and put one together. Thanks for the advice, user.

You could probably suppress it, but it's a scattergat, so higher chance of baffle strikes. Considering how quiet they are, I wouldn't bother.

My favorite rat trap is just a bucket with a soda can suspended on some wire. Put a dab of PB on it, rat goes for PB, rat falls in water, drowns.

NOW. WITH YOUR HANDS AND LEGS CROSSED. I WANT YOU TO USE YOUR DICK TO INCH YOUR WAY ACROSS THE FLO- BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG

I’m thinking you are going to need to get something completely custom I really think a rat will have a hard time using even the smallest pellet guns on the open market maybe consider getting him cold steal

probably just .177 at 800 fps should be fine for rats, if the pellet doesn't kill them the lead will.

Gluing pecans to the bait trigger and smearing with peanut butter otherwise the bastards get a free meal.

Attached: 1550217500745.jpg (500x500, 17K)

Honestly just pick up a Crossman .177 pellet revolver from Walmart for 60 bucks. Powerful enough to blast a rat away and quiet enough. Not like you'd use it for anything besides rodents anyways, and more fun and more humane than traps

Any half-decent budget airgun will kill a rat easily. Even a weak single stroke pneumatic pistol.

Rats are pretty shy around new things (like traps) and with a big infestation you may not be able to kill enough at a high enough pace.
For some reason they don't give a fuck when their friends get shot. I've shot rats in the Netherlands on farms and you can easily kill 40-50 rats in a few hours. Traps are much more time intensive when it's a big infestation.

I know a lot of people hate em but fuck those people

Rats are cute

Attached: Screenshot_20190315-164731.png (1080x1920, 1.46M)

Lowes

A pet rat would be kinda cool. Small mammal that doesnt take much to feed and is smart enough to play and be compassionate?

But they don't live very long

Aguila Colibri or Super Colibri
It dabs all over “Magnum” air rifles
Shits cash
I shoot down my hall way into phonebooks for fun on rainy days

Look up that Mink guy on jootoob
He trains weasels to go fuck rats and varmints up