Talk me out of building a sick 10/22

Or critique my build plans

Goal is to have a heavy benchrest rig that can clank steel out to 200 yards, negating any need for my centerfire rifles for fun inexpensive target practice, so that I go out more often.

So far I'm wanting to go with
Brownells picatinny railed receiver BRN-22 $64.99
Fedderson 16" fatasfuck barrel $145
Boyds blaster $160?
Kidd 2 stage 3+3 Ounce trigger assembly $299
Mueller 8-32x44 scope $279

Thoughts? Ya I could accomplish the same deal with a $99 Rossi or $149 Marlin 795 but I already have rickity basic shit. I shot a friends Volquartsen and anyone that has, doesn't need to explain it. I want a tricked out 10/22.

Pretty much the 1/2 lb trigger is what sold me, and having extreme high magnification let's you know what you're doing right or wrong, and what your rifle and ammo are capable of.

Attached: images.jpg (395x128, 10K)

The scope us retarded like we told you last time and you could get equal precision and a perfectly good trigger from a $500 CZ with a YoDave kit

>talk me out of
Nah bud I like where you're going with this, sounds fun.

I'm not after sitting for 10 minutes and shooting 10 rounds though. Im not after THAT much precision. Bullseyes are nice and all but I set up plates of various sizes, 4"6"8"10"12" and thinking about building a rack system with friends, and doing 1"2"3"4" steel plates. Idk it's just the way we shoot. Precision.... But not old man benchrest shoot and wait for barrel to cool? Nah fuck that noise. Bolt actions are fun but it's the wrong tool for the job. Cost/ budget is not a factor.

This is blowing my mind how small Jow Forums has become. What are there, 20 regulars here?

Then why are you looking at a retarded fucking 32x scope for 50yd plinking?

>Letting a barrel cool
>On a 1" thick .22lr barrel
Wut?

Yeah old fags do that with cz452/ 455. I'll huck 1,000 rounds in a weekend of 22lr. I like to blast away man.

Aim small miss small. It's how it works from a benchrest. I know most of this board is combat based but you fellas don't get it sometimes

Yeah

>I'll huck 1k rounds in a day because lol blasting
>You just don't understand bench shooting

This is why your build is retarded

Oh hey dave how's it

>wants .22lr benchrest to plink 200y on the cheap
>builds unnecessarily expensive .22lr
Get a .223 bolt gun for under $300 new

>benchrest
>10/22
Also does anyone actually buy those disgusting laminated stocks?

>shooting from a bench
>not learning how to plink steel from a slinged prone position
Amateur. "Long" range 22lr shooting is homo, doubly so benched.

Gucci .22lr builds + insane optics are sweet for popping prairie dogs. Check it out sometime OP

Just buy a target 10/22 from your lgs.

>Goal is to have a heavy benchrest rig that can clank steel out to 200 yards

you can do this with any stock 10/22...200 yards is not that far. the real obstacle you face is the amount of bullet drop you'll get with .22LR at that range. I do this every time I go to the range and there's nothing special about my 10/22.

I would go full gucci and get a Volquartsen or Kidd barrel.

Every Volquartsen barrel I've used was shit-hot.

I plink out to 300 with my .22lr

Attached: received_1265790593579171.jpg (1072x1920, 77K)

MOAR

Long range .22lr shooting is the shit, you get really good at estimating distance and holds.

Attached: ahiskqfijqt11.jpg (4032x1902, 1.55M)