What's the best weapon vs Xeno's??

On one hand, an AR would have the capacity to fend off multiple xenos at a time. This would be useful if they have already facehugged a bunch of people and have populated heavily. A second benefit of an AR would be the small fast bullets keeping most of the acid blood on the exit wound.
A shotgun would be pretty effective at shooting a jumping facehugger out of the air like a clay pigeon. They would also have better knockdown power vs the large beasts than an AR but with more splatter of the blood.
Inb4 throw baking soda on them.

Attached: Abby T Alien-Xeno Suit by Rex-equinox on DeviantArt.jpg (774x1032, 318K)

Rape

458 Socom AR with 28rounds of picrelated inna snail drum

Attached: 6062F488-83C1-4089-9197-21FA49545153.jpg (500x500, 23K)

Something like the gm94 with thermobarics could be a good force multiplier and less risky with the acid splashes and close quarters.

Attached: iw_gl_gm94_o1.jpg (800x567, 217K)

You'd want some firestarters for facehugger nests and egg patches.

A .22 would bounce around inside that big ol’ noggin they got. Keep most of the acid blood inside too.

HE rounds

Ithaca 37

Napalm/molotovs/proper liquid flamethrower to distract and severely damage the exterior, then shotguns

Heed this man anons

Thermobarics and low yield tactical nuclear weapons, man-to-creature combat should simply be avoided whenever possible both because Xenomorphs are inherently highly dangerous to fight and due to the potential for infection. A Xenomorph however is not like a human being, they're much heavier and enormously more physically hardy, a couple balls of buckshot or a heavy round like is unlikely to put one down unless either go directly into it's head. It would probably be best to use some form of armor-piercing incendiary or explosive-incendiary round, I'd use willie pete because it inflicts particularly nasty and deep tissue burns and if you're fighting Xenomorphs and you know ahead of time you'll already be wearing protection against hazardous fumes. Your ammo should be high velocity, sufficient to penetrate at least IIIa body armor at medium to point blank ranges. I'd advise say a 7x35mm caseless or at least telescope-cased armor piercing incendiary round consisting of a 6-8 gram boat-tail spitzer with a steel penetrator. Recoil should be less than an AK but a bit more than an AR, followup shots will be easy and bursts of full auto wouldn't be too bad either, 40-50 round mags.

Attached: c1ae90900161d9b95d64682825ccbc4d.jpg (580x526, 57K)

Handheld microwave emitter

I have a UTS-15 for this, but I say we take off and nuke them from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.

Actually yeah, if they're silicon-based, would directed energy weapons be more or less effective?

14+1 is pretty good for a shotgun and it looks great, but I heard that when it came out there were some pretty severe issues with failures to feed when using anything but high brass and stuff like that. Is it still finicky or have those problems been fixed? I might spring for one next time I've got 800+ bucks to spare for a shotgun because the capacity and aesthetic are appealing.
They demonstrate a very high upper limit of tolerance to heat and cold for at least short periods of time. You'd have to bake or freeze them for an extended period of time to effectively kill or disable one. You might be able to scare one off with a riot control microwave projector once or twice but once it realizes that there's no significant physical injury connected with the burning it would just ignore the discomfort.

Attached: UTS-15-sand-670x447.jpg (670x447, 73K)

my nigga

It's finnicky. I have broken it before, and it's a Gen 4. I'm getting used to the quirks and when it works it is great, I'm going to try and fab upgrade parts eventually. First gun so I cannot sell her.

hell yea brother

Attached: spacevietnam.png (569x501, 330K)

They show they're capable of deflecting pistol calibers at everything but point blank distance, modern AR rounds wouldnt do shit since they might penetrate but not really destroy them. They just ignore the pain and suicide charge you when injuried, you need to decidedly put them down beyond a few yards.

Some kind of semi auto .300 win mag.
And lots of dudes to hold lots of rifles.

They are resilient.

Also you arent going to be shooting facehuggers like clays they move through the air extremely quick, get close to their targets before lunging, and usually ambush and surprise the victim, I promise your reflexes are not that good, CoD kiddie.

Just wear a full suit of Plot Armor and use heavy machinery.

.50 Beowulf
.450 bushmaster
.458 SOCOM
Those might do it and can fit in an AR.

Is your name Brian? You sound like someone I know named Brian.

Too heavy for the vast majority of people to effectively fire rapidly in close quarters, often force a shooter to readjust the rifle completely after each shot for a followup, probably uselessly inaccurate in a full auto burst which is what you want to knock down a Xeno. This stobbin powa meme has to be put to sleep, the generation of a permanent wound cavity is what's necessary to rapidly put down any enemy and is highly dependent on round velocity and much less so on overall round size/mass. Better to use an intermediate sized round which could potentially be packed with an incendiary or explosive filler than a large caliber anti-material or big game sized round which is difficult to shoot multiple times in quick succession at close range and nearly impossible to fire accurately in full auto.

How do you know what he sounds like?

Brainlet detected

Nah, and I don't talk at great length about ammunition to very many people. I'd like to, but nobody asks.

Justify your claim and explain why AM/Big game cartridges would be more desirable to fight against a superhumanly fast, agile, roughly man-sized target which prefers to engage at close quarters in large numbers and practically always requires multiple shots directly to the vitals to kill or incapacitate.

Not him but big game rounds have a two hundred year history of being made to quickly disable ambush predators inside of 50 yards with two shots or fewer. Just make sure your spess marins are a little beefy and train to get used to the recoil.

True, but just a few points.
>1
Xenomorphs aren't big game or your average ambush predator, they're brighter, more unilaterally aggressive, massively more physically strong, and massively more physically durable. I doubt anything but a headshot from a large caliber round could actually put one down in a single shot, in a lot of media they're tough enough to continue operating without limbs, or blown completely in half with their guts spilling out, or for a movie example after being submerged for an extended period of time in molten metal, or after being impaled with a grappling gun.
>2
Because they're tough and physically resilient followup shots are likely going to be necessary in every case except for a clean hit through the dome, so if your rifle can only hold seven to ten rounds you could easily find yourself dry after shooting only a couple Xenos. Even if it took twice as many rounds of a high velocity intermediate ammo to knock down one Xeno you could still have more than twice as many rounds for the same weight in a mag of comparable size.
>3
Recoil control is important when fighting in close quarters, no matter how beefy you make your spehs mehren a lighter but still effectively lethal round will be easier for them to shoot with, thus easier for them to kill with, thus they will be less likely to get killed. In spite of being vastly outnumbered and on the back foot from the start Colonial Muhreens killed scores of Xenos with select-fire guns firing 10mm APHE from large magazines.

Does a helicopter mounted with a minigun count?

Heavy incendiary or nuclear bombing should obviously be used first before any ground troops are sent in. Troops will be equipped with AA-12s with HE rounds and PAW-20s for further out targets. Grenadiers with M79s will also be sent in with WP and HE grenades.

*unzips dick*

These anons get it

>Not him but big game rounds have a two hundred year history of being made to quickly disable ambush predators inside of 50 yards with two shots or fewer.

The problem there is you are within 50 yards of something that can crawl walls and explode into a cloud of acid when it dies. Getting close to a xeno doesn't favour good odds of survival.

This. And rape.

Attached: dbtt6d7-6c184710-f9e4-4e69-8928-221d2f316327.png (665x605, 543K)

fire

most animals retreat from fire

based

Attached: tfw no ayy gf.png (701x701, 812K)

>readjust the rifle completely after each shot for a followup
wut?

This

Attached: 1553963719113.gif (800x708, 2.94M)