HOW?

Ever since i saw this movie i've wanted to know what weapons these guys are using in this scene.

According the wiki, the "sniper" is using a suppressed hk417 and the rest of the operators have suppressed m4 carbines. Are they using some sort of proprietary ammunition? special suppressors? or internal parts? is it even possible to get the mentioned weapons this quiet? or is it all just hollywood? I want to believe this is realistic.

youtube.com/watch?v=YOUt-qq-snc

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 124K)

Other urls found in this thread:

heckler-koch.com/en/products/military/submachine-guns/mp7a1/mp7a1/ammunition.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Also, if it is all just hollywood bullshittery... What sort of weapons would realistically be implimented in this sort of scenerio? subsonic air powered rifles? crossbows? maybe just alot of flashbangs or simply douse the compound in a toxic gas?

nigger the fuck are you on about

im so tired or the spooky soldier trope. Hollywood needs to come up with new stuff

watch the video i posted.

14.5' M4s even with suppressors and subsonic are going to be very loud indoors, the noise level in this scene is just Hollywood bullshit.

so basically its bullshit and a raid like this would never happen or go down like this irl?

Hollywood magic. It's always the perfectly silent M-4 with perfect performance. IRL I guess .300 BLACKED would be most likely, but I'm talking out of my ass.

I'm not really concerned if it's plausible, i'm just curious if it's (POSSIBLE). Like how could you possibly achieve that level of silence? I feel like you'd need an extremely weak load and a very weak spring, perfected supressor and maybe internals made out of some material that wont ring like a bell (steel)

Yes. You could achieve the effect with subsonics and wipes, but it would only be good for a few shots. Considering nobody in that scene individually fires more than a couple of shots each, its possible, though it would be a "cough" rather than a "pew". I doubt the second guy outside would have heard nothing though, with little ambient you can hear a lot at night in the open.

idk man. Im sure this stuff happens all the time every day. I mean when swat does raids they usualy do this type of shit.

if poeple are doing this type of shit they would use what the mission calls for. 300blk sub. Again idk and kinda just pulling this shit out of my ass

It's not bullshit. CAG and DEVGRU does it all the time. SF, Rangers, MARSOC, Force Recon, regular SEAL team guys, etc. will do it as well but not as often. 300 BLK is being issued to some guys at the moment and is really popular, Navy guys like the MP7, and you occasionally see the odd oldschool MP5SD. Suppressed pistols are pretty common. With a good suppressor and subs in a subgun you can shoot someone inside a house and not wake up other people in the building at night, according to what DEVGRU guys write in their books.

Attached: 172912d1364143055-need-ideas-post-boot-camp-project-2012-09-05-noday.jpg (635x847, 127K)

fancy that, a group of humans telling stories about their most powerful warriors
how dare they

The real story is they crashed a helicopter in the yard of that house causing a huge noise (the copter itself was insanely loud too even if it was a special "silent" version). The neighbors were taking pictures and tweeting about it shit going down as it was happening. It was not a good raid even if they got their man in the end. They just got lucky he didn't have an escape route planned and just hid in his upstairs bedroom.

pic related

Attached: SohaibTweet.jpg (625x204, 39K)

I dont think OPs movie is the one you think it is.

Then all is lost....

If you want to be super duper sneaky then handguns with subsonic ammo and special made silencers are made, like that british gun from ww2 that is supposedly still in use. When you are in the house its all about being fast and silent. The guns will of course make noise, but most humans wont instantly recognize them as gunfire because 1 they might never have heard suppressed gunfire and 2 they might have just woken up, are preoccupied with other tasks etc.

a suppressor with a wipe in it

>I mean when swat does raids they usualy do this type of shit
If by "this type of shit" you mean loudly kicking or battering in a door while yelling POLICE repeatedly and being as loud as fucking possible when clearing the house then yeah sure all the time

MP7 with subs is dumb quiet. That tiny little 4.6mm bore (slightly bigger on the can obv) lends itself to suppression more than a big .4 inch hole on 9mm suppressors.

Nothing would be quiet enough to not be heard on a quiet night like in OPs vid though. Even a slide locked .22 LR with CCI quiets.

Cans with aggressive baffle stacks combined with 300blk subsonics can become DUMMY quiet. Like throwing a rock quiet. they actually go up to 110dB, but the impulse is so short that your ears dont register it.

Bullfuckingshit COD kiddie.

4.6 is ALL supersonic (by design), its gonna be orders of magnitude louder than 9mm.

OP to get really quiet, Integral 10/22 or Mark II/III/IV with CCI subsonic. Thats what it would take, also maybe something like a bolt action .300 blackout with a can, or similar in .45 or 9mm (a modern DeLisle)

>reddit spacing
>retard opinion
fuck off retard. Literally one of the advertised features of the MP7 is how quiet it is with subs. That's why you see it consistently popping up in pictures of SOF as a sidearm or arming 1-2 men in a fire team. Its a FA, low recoil, EXTREMELY quiet sentry removal tool.

Citation desperately needed.

Because perusing the literature the lowest velocity cartridge listed is 660 m/s, not the 300 you need for subsonic.

Everything else you posted is COD kiddie wank material, especially considering how the damn gun was designed from the ground up as a entrant for the dumbass PDW competition that never materialized because everyone realized how stupid it was.

But, since the primary design goal for the PDW competition was defeating Vatnik bodyarmor with a not a pistol for REMFs explain to me why'd they'd even spec out a subsonic loading for this dumbass gun.

MP7 a shit, and (you) are a moron.

that whole movie is fucking bullshit.

>euro units
>still reddit spacing
>"perusing what's on wikipedia..."
>calling other people COWADOOTY kids
Yikes, with a side of neck yourself.

>It was not a good raid even if they got their man in the end.
yeah i guess in your world they would have teleported in instead of taking a helicopter

he's retarded but the point isn't anything to do with subs. people who think that all supersonic cartridges are loud and all subs are quiet are stupid. The majority of the noise comes from the hot gases escaping the muzzle and not supersonic crack of the round. Therefore a small supersonic round loaded with less powder can still be quieter than a fuck-huge super heavy subsonic round.

not the guy you're arguing with, but it's even listed on HKs own website, multiple different subsonic ones. Fucking 2min of googling.

>heckler-koch.com/en/products/military/submachine-guns/mp7a1/mp7a1/ammunition.html
ctrl+f subsonic, it's a link to a PDF