Thoughts?

Thoughts?

Attached: 51VYSEZBDDL._SX311_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg (313x499, 38K)

Storm of Steel is my favorite book. It's refreshing to read an account of the war that isn't some Frenchman whining ad infinitum.

Great book. Few years ago they relesed the "uncut" diary Storm Of Steel was based on. Dont know if there's an english version tho. Got it in german and worked myself through it

Jünger is based. He even discovered a few new species of insects during his time in the trenches and was a respected entymologist.

Was Jünger autistic? How does anyone enjoy trench warfare as much as he did?

Absolutely based book though.

I have a new personal hero.

From the reading I've done on WW1, Junger's attitude seems to be the standard one among Germans. Their morale was extremely high throughout the entire war and only started to dip down in 1918.

What about the guy that wrote all quiet on the western front?

Remarque is a big baby bitch faggot who was drafted for literally two months in 1917 before getting hit by shrapnel and then getting discharged. He also changed his name cause he was ashamed of his german heritage. Not saying he isn’t a great author but his fucking war record is abysmal compared to Jünger

all germans are autistic

>How does anyone enjoy trench warfare
It's been a while since I read the book, but I didn't get the feeling he enjoyed it at all.
Just described it matter of factly IIRC, which is hard to do considering the horrors he described.

Attached: 1558403895617.jpg (2322x1705, 623K)

He had French heritage and was disenchanted by the war, it happens. Call him a big baby, but WWI is just about the most extreme war that was ever fought in human history.

Your argument is pretty much what Hitler said about him.

>just had a capture mission over no-mans-land go to shit, had to spend the day in a crater after doing some CQC with the brits
>crawl back to trench
>immediately volounteer to go back and try again
he was crazy

Well Hitler was less of a gay than him. Again, I’m not saying Remarque isn’t a fantastic author who evokes deep emotion but people relying on, “All Quiet On the Western Front” and his experiences as an accurate portrayal of the war and the common sentiment of soldiers, compared specifically to that of Jünger are retarded.

Make sure to read the glass bees as well. His sentiments towards the shorty future is very relatable the book honestly does a good job of making one feel old and tired

Nigga it’s a world war 1 memoir, how the fuck is it Jow Forums and not Jow Forums? Neck yourself

Oh fuck off you stuffy cunt

>How does anyone enjoy trench warfare as much as he did?
Are you kidding? He's german and he got:
>to dig
>to shoot tommies & frenchies
>to invade france
>ordered around and got to order people around

Unless there's beer and beaches involved it could hardly get any better for a german.

Is this the new “yeah” posting?

Attached: 1524711631435.jpg (1680x1050, 646K)

Ernst Junger is the most badass man to come out of the war.
>joins the FFL, comes back
>fights, gets decorated and promoted
>is shot something like 11(?) times, wounded and gassed many others
>after the war drinks, fucks and does any drug he can find for shits and giggles
>writes anti-nazi articles and stories but is still offered a seat in the reichstag by the nazis
>becomes an officer in occupied France despite his vocal dislike of the nazis
>after it's found out he was part of the July plot to kill Hitler, even Hitler respects and fears the man so much he just loses his commission (they killed rommel for it)
>refuses denazification after the war
>prominent anti Communist and public figure after the war
>dies at the age of 102,even though he continued smoking, drinking and getting high his whole life

>In our talks in the trenches, in the dugout or on the firestep, we often talked of the Tommy and as any genuine soldier will easily understand, we spoke of him very much more respectfully than was commonly the case with the newspapers of those days. There is no one less likely to disparage the lion, than the lion hunter.
>There is no one less likely to disparage the lion, than the lion hunter.
What a stand up chap.

Attached: 1B775137-15F7-4846-8E70-D6C32E14C196.jpg (500x500, 81K)

One of the original, dyed in the wool operators. One of my favorite books.

Attached: Juenger+Kienitz-(with-fello.jpg (734x1000, 107K)

Good ass book, maybe the best war memoir. Junger was the man

Attached: junger.jpg (696x814, 92K)

I like Junger, but prefer The Forest Passage and On Pain to Storm of Steel and A German Officer in Occupied Paris.

Speaking of which are there any good English translations of a french soldier’s wartime diaries? Or Ww2 german diaries? (Translated or not)

Attached: 1873A80D-30A2-4DE7-9A1F-BBC9D540C99C.jpg (1535x2092, 511K)

For French there's poilu (also known as the war journals of Louis Barthas)

Thank you.

I haven't read it, but I saw a claim on /his/ that his diary comes off as somewhat less romanticized and heroic than Storm of Steel and is more tonally similar to other WW1 memoirs. Is this true?

I mean he WAS writing for an international audience when he wrote storm of steel. He even starts out the book asking if anyone reading was on the British side of his particular stretch of trench. It’d make sense for his language to be a lot more dramatic and flowery.

Niggers tongue my anus.
Fuck off.