If you could make gun parts, what would you make?

If you could make gun parts, what would you make?

Attached: carbide end mills.jpg (1000x750, 352K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Ncj3bux7c5o
youtube.com/watch?v=J3pDlKxou6Y
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Tooling to manufacture continuously

DIAS is the only answer. Stupid NFA

I already manufacture rifle pistol barrels all day every day at my job. I would probably try to set that up since I'm somewhat familiar with how we do it here.

Was there any doubt this should be the answer?

Solvent traps and weird little metal keychains

I'd design and build a gun from the ground up. Id still buy a commercial barrel though

howing rotary action rifle
youtube.com/watch?v=Ncj3bux7c5o

Been wanting to try that electrically etched rifling method
Don't know how you would diy interior barrel finish

same method but backwards

A modernized knockoff mp7 in both 5.7x28mm and .30 carbine. Let it utilize m1 carbine mags.

People forget about .30 carbine as a defensive cartridge but it’s more powerful than a .357 magnum and for civilian PDW purposes I think it would excel.

Attached: 1556217574680.jpg (750x750, 49K)

Folding arm brace for the GP100

but then I would have to buy a GP100

Aluminum/steel Glock lowers, just because

>Id still buy a commercial barrel though
lmao I wouldn't

I've made barrels, suppressors, bipod adapters, free float handguards, special service tools, gas pistons, sight inserts, unavailable nuts and pins, etc. Have a lot of big projects planned but it takes a lot time to pull off a complex part to a high standard

Attached: IMG_20190209_100916_497.jpg (2048x1365, 351K)

CNC or manual?

CNC helps manage the complexity. Extra axes do too.

>letting a robot do all the fun stuff

Right now I only have a cnc lathe and manual everything else. I used to run a bigger shop with a CMM, wire EDM machines and CNC mills, I could make and engrave some cool shit. Haven't got my shop to that point yet.

Attached: DSC_1668.jpg (3840x2160, 2.01M)

>the end result and the process aren't the fun stuff anyway

well surely all the big shops will throw away those pesky 3-axis CNC mills eventually in favor of 5-axis

Attached: glasses rekt.jpg (1382x778, 267K)

I haven't forgotten. Its just no one makes anything chambered in it

hey I recognize that from /diy/

Pistol barrels. They have a much lower materials cost than rifle barrels, but sell for the same price if you slap a fancy coating on it and pretend it's Gucci

>bullpup kit for G3 rifles
>easy to install thumb selectors for AKs, and ones that can utilize the extra receiver holes on Saigas
>copies of the Zenico dust covers
>steel floorplates for mags that have plastic ones
>steel Glock mags
>an ambidextrous mag release for glocks (if it's possible with the design)
>a good safety for glocks

I've actually wanted to get into machining for a while now. Those are just some off the top of my head.

A knife gun

>If
;)

Attached: SHALL.jpg (814x789, 64K)

Attached: 266c235294b112c28110d63df0d3ab1eecc7429d807c57-2.jpg (640x618, 94K)

Magically, without worrying about costs? Quality repro parts for bringing sporter milsurp back to life

;)

Attached: Another-AR15-Lower-Design.jpg (586x420, 75K)

Didn't go through with it didja

If I did, I wouldn't post about it here.

Dont be disappointed ATF, you'll find an excuse to kill someone's dog or burn some children alive soon enough.

The GP100's design is particularly favorable for a brace, the grip is held on by a thick steel tang. A modified grip/brace would have a very solid mounting point.

Nearly all the benefits of a .357 lever action carbine, with a 12" OAL and only weighing 4lbs. Only drawback is the sights might need slight modifications, or possibly just mount a red dot.

>tfw Ruger makes an OEM braced GP100 with a 10" barrel

Attached: wm_6420119.jpg (2592x1936, 426K)

I would do it, but I literally cannot afford a GP100.

Can you give me measurements or a 3d model?

My turnaround time on aluminum prototypes is not bad.

Parts for out of production pistols.

I woulds only produce Cold Hammer Forged Barrels, because that seems like a solid market.

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-06-28 at 9.19.20 PM.png (74x330, 26K)

What the fuck am I looking at?

Attached: 1478249763883.png (800x792, 263K)

armenian cheese grater, good for slicing onions

Just a few things.

Galil receivers.
M1 Garand receivers.
A rifle/pistol kit that composes of a 80% receiver, jig, barrel, bolt, trunnion, lower receiver parts, but some of the other parts can be purchased from a hardware store, such as a piece of square tubing as the upper receiver. Instructions included on how to make it work.

AR15 auto sears

Dragon dildo attachments.

but why though? or has this just become a meme at this point?

Supressors... FUCK NFA and BATFE you treading bastards. Fuck NRA you traders. How can you regulate an attachment but yet 400+ HP cars and alcohol can be purchased by walking in and paying for it.. they kill more per year than attachments have since their invention...

Because if it works, then it is an effective method for making rifling at home, which is one of the harder parts of making your own gats

>Because if it works, then it is an effective method for making rifling at home, which is one of the harder parts of making your own gats
why not just button rifle? that'd be fucking easier and is a known quantity which yields good results?

Electrolysis rifling can be done with a 3d printed jig and doesn't require hardened metal pieces. Just the jig, wires and a battery.
Is it the perfect DIY solution? hell no, but its relatively easier to set up.

button rifling requires a $10 rifling button and a $100 10ton press, why try and over complicate something that we know works with a method that probably won't?

Its been proven to work for pistol length barrels. I'd show you a video, but youtube is antifun faggots and probably removed the one I'm thinking of.

I'm finishing my galil barrel. Have to find someone I trust with a lathe. Once I get out of school I'll get my own machine tools

This.

youtube.com/watch?v=J3pDlKxou6Y

none of them for anyone but myself because you all have shit taste and deserve nothing

Darude - Sandstorm

FAL recievers.

yep, button rifling is easy as fuck, especially with the advent of cheap as dirt Chinese buttons and barrel tubes, you can make a barrel blank for like $30 now

7.62 topbreak revolver. replaceable cylinders for 7.62x25, 7.62x38R, 7.62x39, 7.62x51, and 7.62x54R

>tfw you just completed and certified a year long course in CAM and CNC in anticipation for upcoming draconian gun control measures

Living in yuroland is suffering but I’d be fucked before I stand idly by as the grabbening happens.
Gonna order some rifling buttons off eBay before the pigs ban those too.

A SPAS 12 heatshield. Mine is fucked.

Anti-tank rifle and various .50 cals, tons of full auto shit

Also tons of top-break revolvers in common calibers like 5.56 and 7.62x39 and other odd stuff