How can I improve my grouping?

I just started shooting regularly in the last few months, they built a homeless shelter down the road from my house and now everyone is getting broken into. this was with a century arms m70. what can I do to improve my chances at killing a meth head rummaging through my shit?
also newfag to this board so sorry if this is in the wrong place

Attached: 17824D6B-AA1E-451B-9E3C-FD0ABF622DD1.jpg (750x1334, 177K)

Pretty good for a beginner hobbyist honestly. Just shoot more and when you shoot, shoot gooder each time.

blue dots indicate shots i’m not happy with, i’m not sure what I did wrong on those, maybe firing too quickly?

Attached: FBA7B1A2-6735-4688-8D16-8F2B69662E86.png (750x1334, 974K)

dry fire

Practice dry firing, honestly. You want the sights to not move at all when you pull the trigger.

Eliminate the resistance at the source. In minecraft.

Attached: terminator.jpg (480x360, 7K)

That’s more than decent if you’re shooting from 7 yards+. You’re talking about an indoor engagement in your house and unless you Nicholas II and you have a huge fucking ballroom your engagement distance will allow for similar shooting distance. Center of mass will be your most realistic strategy and grouping any tighter would only allow you to pull some John wick shit and shoot him through the urethra or something. Also ignore most people on this board they don’t have guns or they do and don’t actually know how to use them. There are like 5 of us here with our own land that shoot consistently and give good advice.

are there any general tips you could give? for example, a minimum amount of time i should wait before firing again? I know a lot of that wouldn’t matter as much in a home defense situation but i’m a bit of a perfectionist

Generally yeah or flinching, you just have to shoot more to train and develop muscle memory. You can narrow in on it if you shoot ~250 rounds every week or two, just turn it into an event and not a chore and you'll have fun with it.

Speaking of advice, make sure your grip is strong enough in your left hand so that you can manipulate the trigger with your right index freely. The less muscle strain in your right hand the more controlled of a trigger pull you’ll have. Dry fire and keep your sights from moving, and never ever anticipate the shot. I say that but we all know it’s impossible, the first time you shoot during a session there will always be a little part of your brain anticipating the blast, after that fix your concentration on ignoring the blasts and just work a smooth trigger pull.

did you dump a few rounds? you should be paying enough attention to your sights to know if a shot was good or not when you sent it. checking it afterwards is only to confirm. if you dont self diag while you are shooting and only after youll never improve because youll always be guessing.

Just line up your sights, focus on breathing and your sight picture around the house. You can buy those cheap laser bullets that activate when you pull the trigger and practice your dry firing. From there work on your grip and finger skills. Squeeze don't jerk the trigger, yes it sounds goofy like it first did to me, but the more you practice that the easier it gets on you. Then record yourself or focus on if you're jerking after every shot or flinching. There's no "man up" way to instantly correct that other than familiarization in the form of more shooting and possibly wearing better ear protection if it hurts your ears. I'm a fan of doubling up with foam inner ear and over the ear muffs. Skys the limit with that, I'd advise a set of electronic ones for HD you keep in your night stand, but my only pair is a 10 year old set of Leighs that went for $50 so you'll have to find someone better than me on that to get a proper recommendation.

How many yards away is this?

D R Y
F
I
R
E

Oh and laser ammo. Laser ammo is the best thing any firearm owner could ever dream to purchase if his goal is to improve.

why do I need a caliber adapter for this shit? also what is the BARE minimum to make this a realistic training aide?

Practice. And get a KNS adjustable gas piston. AK's are overgassed, I need to get one of these too. If your AK's spitting casings 20 feet away, might be overgassed.

Attached: Gas-Piston-Rendering.png (1440x1113, 51K)

10 yards

I don't understand your question.

As for caliber adapter, it depends what caliber you're shooting with. Laser ammo is usually available for every "standard" caliber on the market.

Also bare minimum of what ? You just need the laser ammo and a wall. If you want to be fancy a reactive target, a smartphone, a target taped to your wall, whatever.

I don’t have my own gun yet, my buddy is lending me his to practice with until I buy my own. I’m still doing research in exactly what gun I want, all I know is that I want a rifle, I like the AR platform but I think i’m more comfortable with the bigger AK round. I live alone so I don’t have to worry about hitting other family members through walls

well fuck never mind about all that good grouping talk
Focus on TD and make sure your sights are aligned the exact same way every time

you don’t need an adapter just buy a round that fits whatever you are shooting

TD stands for target distance I assume? and i’ve been dry firing a bit, I do notice that my sights move a bit after I pull, probably from me lifting the gun up I’ll work on keeping it nice and steady

>Trigger discipline
This means keeping the rifle steady as you pull the trigger. It'll stop you from doing
>my sights move a bit after I pull

>From there work on your grip and finger skills. Squeeze don't jerk the trigger
This. Probably one of the most important things to do with proper form is your trigger squeeze. Jerk it and it is going to throw off your point of aim every time, and never in the same direction. Slow, steady, smooth; you should be surprised when the trigger breaks. Just as important as the sqeeze, though, and something that I don't often see people on Jow Forums talk about, is your release. Just as you pull the trigger smoothly and steadily, so too should you release. Don't just let up suddenly and begin a new pull; that will throw off your aim on your follow-up as surely as a sudden jerk will throw it off on the initial pull.

>probably from me lifting the gun up
Sounds more like you're anticipating the recoil and trying to compensate for it pre-emptively. Don't do that.