Jow Forums resdesigns the US military

if you could change various vehicles or equipment in the US military, what would you change? what would you add or remove? here, I made this template for you to use if you'd like. be as realistic or non-realistic as you'd like. general discussion is fine too

Attached: 1523432413241.png (1168x2070, 1.08M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=AZevZpQwggY
vocaroo.com/i/s1g0kgvUzoad
youtube.com/watch?v=_MBgz9h7GGM
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

this one is mine, I know its a bit of a clusterfuck and has some downgrades, but it gives me a hard on either way

Attached: this is mine, now post yours.png (1168x2070, 2.48M)

>what would you change
I would stop cancelling good development programs that are almost finished.

Attached: fcs.jpg_large.jpg (2048x790, 208K)

What were these going to replace?

All you need

Attached: 20190628_144050.jpg (578x1024, 178K)

Stop shitting up the thread, every Marine element I've worked with was a waste of space

Basically everything, it would've had the combat power of an ABCT with the mobility of an SBCT. Unfortunately it was killed by slash and whine, the Iraq war hoovering up funds, and Robert Gates, an all-around horrible secdef.
The Marines are good, but they absolutely cannot do what the army does.

Attached: fcs-family.jpg (1000x506, 71K)

>be as realistic or non-realistic as you'd like.
Moorahnes are God Fukuda oof

I feel like this is probably true. but air insertion and numbers are important

Attached: rah.png (1168x2070, 1.7M)

>he doesn't link together with his marines to form flesh helicopters

It looks and sounds cool, and everything having the same base would make things a lot simpler and easier, albeit boring.

Go away China.

Attached: Suomikrasawnica.png (1168x2070, 2.09M)

Attached: file.png (1292x2068, 2.73M)

>Stoner 63A as service rifle, doubles as carbine DMR and SAW, add tactical rails, develop real fuckin NATO version as battle rifle/LMG/sniper
>Cz75 as service pistol, add tactical rails
>Modernized PKM in real fuckin NATO as GPMG
>Adopt modernized RPG7
>Go back to M81 woodland and DCU for woodland and desert respectively, use Scorpion/multicam for arid/brush/mountainous, use urban track for urban, all use RAID BDU cut
>Non combat personnel go back to OG507s
>One formal uniform only for each branch, go back to WW1/WW2/Korea/Vietnam aesthetics
>Use SAPI cut plate carriers as standard armor, modernize East German M56 Stahlhelm
>V22 Osprey becomes standard transport chopper
>Replace Humvees with technicals like PMCs use
>Modernize Vietnam-era tanks and APCs (M113 Bradley, M60 Patton) for cheaper alternative to current ones, keep Abrams for certain specialized divisions
>Allow all soldiers to grow facial hair including full beards

Attached: 1561746211164.png (1168x2070, 1.89M)

spotted the wehraboo

Attached: 1561746211164b.png (1168x2070, 1.98M)

Count me in

get rid of the 6.5 and id serve

>g36
Topkek

found the slavaboo

>wehraboo
I dont even want to listen to your bs excuse why you used this term here. Kill yourself, dont reply

Wehrmacht is WW2, not modern day, dumbass.

F35 is a lemon

Attached: F16 is better then the F15.png (1168x2070, 2.18M)

The idea is to be able to airdrop tanks wherever you want via helicopters.
Makes logistics easier and you are able to move your tanks wherever they are required quickly.

Attached: new military.jpg (1535x2070, 684K)

>all these nice things but uschi is still in charge

Attached: 1559402244065.png (692x687, 238K)

Most of that stuff should have been implemented way before Flintenuschi fucked it up beyond repair...

Neat list but the Wiesel isn't really an Abrams replacement; the Bundeswehr actually withdrew it from Afghanistan because it couldn't stand up to anything bigger than 308.

The idea is to go away from the larger tanks as they face the same issue as battleships now with advanced missiles.
A tank is just a huge target for a missile and can get knocked out with just one hit.
Logistics with tanks suck as they are heavy and slow under their own power.

Fucking kek. 9/10 should have replaced the Blackhawk with a Gavin.

Not buying any new stuff and not being able to maintain old stuff isnt good

>if bubba ran the army
>service rifle
Mah custom mosin naggint widda sporter foldin stock and custom milled muzzle
>fighter
Pee fiddy one cuz it won us world war 2 against them nazis and gooks YEE YEE
>main battle tank
A big ole pickup truck with more armor steel
>camouflage
Realtree? Confederate flag? My sister? Whats not to love?
>helicopter
We used them hueys all the way up n' down vietnam when I was in there so I dont see why we cant use em today
>motor transport
Mah very own 1980 Chevy k10 her name is sherry yee yee!

Forgot the pic like a dumbass!

Attached: 1561756624589.png (1108x1964, 2.32M)

did i trigger you mutt? youll never be white

Unnironically the best choice

Attached: rerererer.png (1338x2059, 1.74M)

Attached: 1561746211164.png (1168x2070, 2.72M)

I'd have:

A core of a couple thousand officers trained at West Point/Annapolis/Colorado Springs.

A small regular corps (under 50,000) of experienced NCOs and lifer soldiers.

Enough full-timers to fly and maintain the submarine fleet and the F-22s (these would be sufficient to defend us from an invasion by sea or by air), along with some support craft like cargo planes, helicopters, and support ships for the Navy.

The Coast Guard, pretty much as it is or even perhaps a bit bigger.

None of which would be permanently deployed overseas.

We'd mind our own business in the world. If we were attacked, we'd rely on citizen-soldiers to show up at recruiting stations. They showed up by the millions after Pearl Harbor. They would again,. And if they didn't, then maybe whatever war we had in mind wasn't really worth fighting.

That's basically how the Founding Fathers wanted things, and it's how I want things too.

kek

Be it as it may, you can't deny the aesthetics.
Particularly those graced curves on the Yak-15.

Tanks are fast mate?

>That's basically how the Founding Fathers wanted things
You know that one of the first things we did as an independent country was fucking up an overseas nation right

>rifle replaced by marine
>marines get issued other marines and sent to a foreign country
>marine corps becomes even more homoerotic

Attached: 1560060282224.jpg (1200x1341, 166K)

America can't have a small professionalized military. The country is just too big, in land mass and population. The empire consists of many territories, islands, and puppet states that we've created after our many wars. Also, our economy has become reliant on the fact that we are a militaristic superpower.

Even without these factors, defending the continental US would require a much larger force. There is always our nuclear arsenal that can deter foreign invasion, but you could still expect the Chinese/Russian Navy and Air Forces to bully the US wherever they we are, because they will move in to capitalize on the massive power vacuum we leave behind.

While it sounds comfy for the US military to be a purely defensive high-quality force, that's just not that the country that we live in. We aren't some small Northern European nation. The only way I could see it working is if our air forces were doubled, and even then they'd stagnate without combat experience to teach pilots, officers, and to teach us how to improve our systems and equipment. We'd fall behind the rest of the world fast.

Attached: Proudest Army.png (1168x2070, 2.47M)

Attached: KrefitsUSmilitary.png (2736x2070, 2.68M)

boner alert

lmao. Realistic.

What's the tank? It looks fucking bad ass.

Italian designed upgrade for the M60 patton, aimed at Bahrain and other middle-eastern countries.
youtube.com/watch?v=AZevZpQwggY

So FCS was to the USA as to what the “Aramta” universal combat platform is to Russia?

Ha

Sprey posting

hay buddy i think you got the wrong door, the leather clubs 2 blocks down

Sort of but not really. It was going to be more like the Army's F-35 with sensor-fusion and a brigade level network.

when I said abrams I meant humvee.
vocaroo.com/i/s1g0kgvUzoad

Attached: 161.jpg (1280x868, 58K)

She's kind of cute...

This original pic isn’t accurate whatsoever.

I have no idea what I am doing

Attached: 1561746211164.png (1336x2068, 2.13M)

Turn the Army in to the Navy. Nice.

My two cents, really wish we could just move on Coyote brown overalls and issue environment specific smocks instead of having one transitional pattern. Paint all the vehicles CB too

Attached: Revised Army.png (500x888, 356K)

>the blackhawk with the hind nose
hearty kek

Attached: Newarmy.png (1186x2070, 2.28M)

Beat me to it

Attached: Flawless cowboy.jpg (1440x2551, 371K)

All on one chassis

So Armata

There's plenty of vehicles that do that, though. If you wanted the US equivalent to the armata, it would be the ASM program from the early 90's.

Attached: 25155120a.jpg (500x633, 87K)

Attached: futureweapons.png (1172x2068, 2.03M)

That would be pretty sweet actually. Blackhawk DAP but better.

Is that the HL2 beta merkava?

youtube.com/watch?v=_MBgz9h7GGM

Attached: PUSH THE FUCKING RED BUTTON ALREADY.png (1168x2070, 2.45M)

>America can't have a small professionalized military. The country is just too big, in land mass and population.
Sure we can, if we downscaled to what we actually need to defend ourselves from invasion. Which won't ever actually happen. Half the guns on God's green Earth are in the hands of American civilians - "a rifle behind every blade of grass" and all. A read "Red Dawn" scenario would end quickly and badly for the invaders, and the whole world knows it. So nobody will try.

The continental US is one was/is an Empire of its own. Our Gauls were just called "Indians."

Yeah but wouldn't your "aggressors" just wind up being strike aircraft like the F-35 again.

>every Humvee is replaced with a Bradley
fuck yes

So stealth not for dedicated strike aircraft, but yes for Helicopters? Also, why innovate the infantry rifle? It is consistently one of the least lethal weapons on the modern battlefield.

you push over pussy faggot, why do you want to nuke yourself?

Top opinions. Military is way too bloated and wasteful. Quality over quantity unless SHTF in which case a draft is warranted.

the military is bloated because the country is bloated. its 300 million people, half of which are shitskins

Attached: Budget cuts.png (1168x2070, 1.93M)

It's time go back to when the US Military wasn't utter dogshit.

Attached: FUCK THE 2000s.jpg (1168x2070, 776K)

A tank can reach up to about roughly 50-60 mph indeed.
However this is only possible at a huge cost in therms of wear, range, it is very loud and obvious.
You can't just send tanks at highway speeds across the country or surprise the enemy.
A Wiesel carried by a helicopter can travel several hundred miles and if air superiority is archived, it can be dropped wherever required almost instantly.
Hell, you could load these things onto an aircraft or heli carrier and deploy them directly from there to most places in most countries without the need of a base there.

So why not mobilize a federal works project to improve our embarrassing infrastructure instead of wasting $ on the military which produces literally nothing?

You have no understanding of armored warfare. You aren't going to do long movements of weisels with helicopters. Then they'd have no fuel, no spare parts, not mechanics and no east resupply.

No that’s pretty good

why don't you pitch that idea to the government? also, if we don't have the biggest military, then china does.

post one firearm, you little teenage faggot

Maxpro has been fielded for a hot minute user

Fuck the Bradley, you must have no idea

All marine vehicles set to be replaced by marines rucking marines by 2025

Setting is Rhode island

Attached: image (5).png (578x1024, 465K)

You misunderstood the whole point of it.
The Wiesel can be transported from and to the base with no issues, even if damaged.
If the damage is critical, it is just abandoned since it is cheap.
If you run out of fuel, a heavier tank is just as fucked.

rate

Attached: 1561746211164.png (1232x2110, 2.42M)

0/10 not enough futuristic camo spider-tanks.

Attached: trekcore.jpg (1168x2070, 1.03M)

take me back bros

my first thought was drugs are the replacement for camo

>Rifle
Stoner 63A
>Jet
Harrier
>Tank
T-14 Armata
>Camo
Woodland All-Over Brush (US made experimental pattern based on Rhodesian Brushstroke)
>Helicopter
V-22 Osprey
>Car
German Army Enok

Attached: 1561746211164.png (1168x2070, 2.42M)

Yes

>Choosing the F-14

As though we aren't in enough debt.

Attached: Prettygood.png (1168x2070, 2.33M)

Heeraboo, idiot