Jow Forumsooking the hard way

I dehydrated some spice for DIY MRE and tryied to make a Ramen-Soup with 1 pot (more a can) and non-Ramen noodles.
So just a test to see whats happen when Im not wasting the noodle-water with the carbs inside

Attached: dehydrator.jpg (1920x1080, 1.2M)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miso
youtube.com/watch?v=CYadKq5-FRg
youtube.com/watch?v=12iGYbzcyVc
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mung_bean
amazon.com/Traditional-Organic-Fermented-Basedbean-Doenjang/dp/B07RK2TVR5/ref=sr_1_2?__mk_de_DE=ÅMÅŽÕÑ&crid=2SB2WJ5XK3668&keywords=miso+paste&qid=1561828695&s=gateway&sprefix=miso+p,aps,273&sr=8-2&th=1
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

The result is a sauce like soup with a good taste. But wtf, its like sauce.
Does this aspect matter when its SHTF and your outside? Just using 2 pots and waste the water to have a better food?

Attached: soup.jpg (1920x1080, 1.2M)

thats the /ck/ version.
But I have to admit that the Jow Forums version feels pretty nice, its based on Miso which help to calm down the stomach and avoid diarrhea (pretty good when SHTF and innawoods)

Attached: Miso-Ramen.jpg (1432x6264, 1.99M)

In a SHTF scenario you're going to be eating grubs if you have too, the soup is fine. I'd eat it anyway

So im getting spaghetti noodles for ramen. Time to stock up some carbs

Wheat noodles for more carbs yo

The Noodles with the highest packing density.
So Instant Ramen is the worst. spaghetti is pretty good. Look at OP image and you see why

Make sure you have something besides carbs. You also want proteins and fats, and some multivitamins to offset shit nutrition during shtf

Spaghettios have a lot of calories, protein and fats for the price. All in a single can

Im sure ww have some Kommandos with a Vitamin Lack. They're fine when shtf

that soup looks really tasty. i hate the cheap ramen noodles, good on you getting something digestable.

The brown powder is the cream inside the spoon
Im dehydrating some Proteins (meat), Vegetables and the Spice. BTW, that brown paste has unlimited shelf life if someone wants some kind of prepping spice with medical aspects

not gonna lie i don't know what your saying. but it does look tasty. cream? paste? i thought that was pulled beef or something and you just used the salt and flavour packet from the ramen.

Miso is a paste without shelf life and a very good taste. So its the main flavor for my DIY MRS. Im not using the ready Ramen spice you saw on that image. But yeah, it was creamy and fucking nice for a DIY spice. If you seperate the Noodle its like a normal soup. Im working on it for 2 more weeks and making a Prepping recipe with it.
Thats the original when you use instant noodle.
Im making a new bowl in 2h with that dehydrated powder and dehydrated ground beef.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miso
youtube.com/watch?v=CYadKq5-FRg
youtube.com/watch?v=12iGYbzcyVc

Attached: Miso-Ramen2.jpg (5312x2988, 1.3M)

that's really cool. i didn't know about miso being a paste. what brand do you buy and is it healthy?
i'd love to make some of this on hikes.

a note on this. i'd love your ingredient list. i don't recognize some of the vegetables in particularly the vegetables that are long and thin and pale in between the mushroom and knife . also do you put any watercress in your soup?

>watercress
No, but its a good idea
>i don't recognize some of the vegetables
thats Bean sprouts en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mung_bean
> is it healthy
Very healthy based on the Miso on its own + the big amount of Ginger
Im living in Germany so its hard to tell about brands. Every cheap miso (better the dark) is good. The ingredient list is based on food to dehydrate without fancy and expensive shit (Bean sprouts are cheap but just a waste of space when MRE)
Im making some dehydrated ginger and than just blending the dehydrated ginger+garlic+miso+pepper and the soice for more than 10dishes are done for less than 2$
Thats a pretty nice way to carry a big amout af sice for outdoor food like fish or killed deer or just some rice or noodles

mhh, my (p) is broken >*spice
amazon.com/Traditional-Organic-Fermented-Basedbean-Doenjang/dp/B07RK2TVR5/ref=sr_1_2?__mk_de_DE=ÅMÅŽÕÑ&crid=2SB2WJ5XK3668&keywords=miso+paste&qid=1561828695&s=gateway&sprefix=miso+p,aps,273&sr=8-2&th=1
Damn, your amazon is pretty jewish in the US. I got mine for 3$/9oz inside a asia shop

Attached: 58620ea8d22ecbca8559b722d82ef1e0-imagejpeg.jpg (600x753, 363K)

wow! thanks a ton man. this'll help me get a good base for meals. i probably won't get into dehydrating food, since i mostly only do weekend hikes and trips innawoods.

NP dude, I left a nearly empty box of miso inside the corner of my kitchen. This fucking shit was exposed to heat and air and wasnt even bad after 3months. You can buy dehydrated Miso, giner and garlic on amazon (or shops) but you should spend some time cooking with the fresh stuff to see its normal taste. You should try to make Curry without meat (or with?) only with potatoes, a smaller than pic related can of cocounut and 1 onion. Should be perfect for a big 1pot and some rice or wide egg noodles

Attached: red or yellow Curry.jpg (1416x5576, 1.66M)

>weekend hikes and trips innawoods
How do you carry food? Like having fresh meat inside the backpack and cook it at evening?
Is this for 2days and the 2nd day is without meat?
I made oic related and gona cook a Soup with Rice inside and cooked meat with Vgetables. Hope its good because Im making that powder for a few day trip (3-4) for breakfast or quick breaks when midday

fuck

Attached: test2.jpg (996x1120, 296K)

i usually bring something like a peanut butter and jelly for the first lnch and something easy to cook like instant gumbo or jumbalaya, and some sausage just in it's wrapping, and the veggeis in a bag in my backpack. the cutting board goes on my spine of the backpack and i just carry the knives. i want to use better healthier more organic meat with me but i'm not sure how to carry raw meat.
i usually bring easy to cook stuff or half way prepared ingredients with me. i honestly am looking at expanding the way i cook in the woods.
sorry but i'm gonna have to go afk for a while. i'm falling asleep fast. i'll be back on later. if i don't catch you later it was a lot of fun talking with you.

Nice, some Jow Forumsommandos leaving the house and do nice shit outdoors. Its 9pm here, im on for a few hours and dropping some informations about food preparation for you and how to build a cheap dehydrator. Hope something will help you later. Good night user

So thats the diy spice and all the food i would choose to dehydrate and prep for SHTF. Lets Do a Quick 1pot cooking with it

Attached: 20190629_235905.jpg (1080x1920, 1.21M)

Thats a Miso-rice-groundbeef soup.
With dehydrated Vegs the Shelf live is huge and the MRE Dinner has a high energy/space ratio + diarrehea prevention.
Cost:1€total

Attached: 20190630_004606.jpg (1920x1080, 1.4M)

BTW, it tastes amazing (way better than every instan ramen) and can be use to cook every kind of hunted deer with it

Would it be worth it to buy a freeze dryer? The cheapest ones are around $1000, but it makes food last over 10 years.

Im Banned and have german autocorrection on. So excuse some bullshit...
No, you should buy a 30$ dehydrator with variable Temperatur and 4lbs CaCl2.
Thats the Best combo we`re using inside the lab.
COst 50$ in total and is easy AF

Fuck, Thats some based shit.
Having dehydrated Food when STALKING inside wet Areal is GOLD

Don't use too much onions or you'll start going tits and a vagina. Disregard that if you want tits and a vagina.

It's the darker the better German bro, your helpful grammar Nazi.

I would drop some Jow Forumsshit right now...
But Germany Managed to deport twenty (20) out of 40.000 illegals. Thats good right...?

What are some good Jow Forums cookbooks? 90% of what I make is either chicken stirfries or beef/lentil stews

Whats that? Beef Jerky, Ramen and semen

Better than nothing but Hans you must do better Germany is slowly becoming not German. My grandpa came from Schleswig.

Work in Progress . More than 50%see no free speach and want to deport Nogs.
Your Grandpa would make Germany great again!

>will this matter in a SHTF scenario?
Why are you bothering with even attempting to prepare? Very clear from this sentence you're gonna die in a few days, tops.

Not with 20 chicken, 5sheeps and food based on 50 days + my own spring (300ga/h) direct under my house. Im fine but I need MRS for HuntIng and collecting some assholes

>no I wont I'm supplied, duh

Yeah, fuck off glownigger. You habe a life time suppllie for your moms semen

bump

test

4 the guys without a dehydrator.
If flies dont like it and Sun is no Problems. Dry at 8pm and let it ist until 10 am. Thats pre-dehydration

Attached: 20190630_192049.jpg (1920x1080, 1.87M)