Steyr AUG

Steyr AUG. Do you like yours? What's the best optic(s) for it?

Attached: 46893-DEFAULT-l.jpg (1350x700, 73K)

T2, Acog, EXPS, all good

Attached: mango aug.jpg (3952x2562, 3.68M)

Speaking of the AUG, theres something I wanted to get off of my chest for a while, but couldn't because itd be a shit thread.
So let's get to the most here. Rainbow Six: Siege is a game people praise when talking about "muh realism" but oh my FUCKING God, IQ's AUG with an ACOG. Just LOOK AT THAT SHIT. You expect me to believe that when I aim with that it's crosshair is exfuckingactly where it'll shoot? I think the FUCK NOT. It's not realistic at all and frankly, whenever I use it, I am pissed off to the highest FUCKING degree.
Thank you for coming to my TED talk.

Attached: 359550_screenshots_20160602121018_1.jpg (1920x1080, 332K)

What did the aug prototype look like?

>Rainbow Six: Siege is a game people praise when talking about "muh realism"
What the fuck, no they fucking dont. People praise Siege because its fun and surprisingly polished for a throwaway game Ubishit was originally only going to support for 6 months, not because its realistic. The only people calling Siege realistic are the same people who were calling BF3 realistic because "Its not kidshit like MW3".

I've shot an acog off of a carry handle, at or 25 yards (I forget which) yards the impact was at the 400m or 500m (I forget this too) mark on the scope. At 50 yards the poi is the same as 200.
Like most games I Imagine the bullets come out of your scope for simplicity for the developers but the offset might be less than you expect.

Attached: acawg.jpg (880x660, 22K)

Yea, I've got one of the A3 CQC ones that I've been rotating optics around for to see what sticks.
The trigger isn't bad but is weird (very button-y), and the gun is pretty accurate but doesn't really compete with decent ARs, let alone something that costs in the same range. CQC forend is honestly just extra weight on it, but it's neat and it's not a gun I'd ever carry for long periods so it's fine.
The 42 round mags are legit, I think I'm going to transition it to my home defense gun since its shorter than my home defense AR without having an annoyingly short length of pull and with an 18 inch instead of a 14 inch barrel, which is less a deal for ballistics at indoors range and more of a noise thing since short .223 barrels are so fucking loud. Holosun 503 and a flashlight and it should be pretty solid innahouse.

I think he's saying look at the size of the group at ten feet

I like mine. I equally like the factory 3x on A3 M1's but like the idea of rail-mounted Acog's or red dots.

>consider the following:
R6S is shit

Attached: P_20190602_160041_LL.jpg (2048x2744, 3.13M)

how does one sling

rail integrated acog

Attached: aug acog.jpg (800x450, 235K)

look at all that wasted rail space

fuck that looks so cash

I'm more disappointed CD went for the shelfmod meme.

Attached: SAM_0003.jpg (2304x1728, 1.34M)

Are there any cool guy rails for the aug that arent a giant chunk of aluminum?

There are short steyr rails but you're going to have a chunk of aluminum no matter what you do you dingus

So no?

No, because all rails attach to the aluminum receiver and a rail anywhere else (for mounting optics) would be inefficient and retarded.

Obviously not a replacment optical rail you sperg, a rail for lights, irons and aftermarket foregrips.

F90 Atrax (never ever lol)

well i like it... fun game, cute operators

what's a fair price for a non-NATO fixed optic AUG? Lots of places are OOS

I bought mine for around 2.5k USD, so you could probably go as low as 2k if you're a poorfag

Got an ELCAN SpecterDR 1/4X on mine. It pretty much goes to the range every time I do, love it.

Looks like my groups, user.

I kinda want one because of how neat of a machine it is but I just can't see spending that much money for a shittier, esoteric AR.

Fucking love mine, but the first thing I need to do is get a proper tulip flash hider to replace the lame Sabre Defense one.

"Fixed" optic as in requires tools to remove the integrated optics housing, or as in a completely non-removable optic? If it's the former, you're looking at around $2k for an A3 M1 or 40th anniversary StG 77 model. If the latter, you're looking for a pre-ban A1 that will run you at least $2.5k.

Attached: AUG SA.jpg (2363x1080, 1.1M)

Depends what you need it for. It would blow the AR out of the water for an HD / CQC gun, because it's very short. I was surprised when it was shorter than my Beretta Cx4.

We're in a window of time where semi-automatics are still available and 'cheap'. With inflation and 10 years $2k will seem like a drop in the bucket down the line. If you don't like it a ton, don't bother obviously, but if it tickles your fancy, why be stingy now? I've got a boatload of ARs, some more obscure than others, but the AUG, despite the shortcomings, is a perennial favorite.

The thing about bullpups is that you cannot should switch with them.

the bullpup 500 pound crunchy trigger makes me vomit

says who?

Black looks so slick. Why even bother with the Mattel toy colors?

Attached: 1547854468083.jpg (655x662, 93K)

I'm looking on Strelok Pro and the BDC is moved like 100m up with such a high height over bore. Zeroing for 100m gives me 200m on the inside of the chveron and 400m for the top of the hash and 500m for what used to be the 400m mark. 300m is in the dead space below the chevron.

AUG A3M1 Short Rail with green EOTech because I wanted to try the green out. It's neat.
RatWorx 20/20 sear get rid of trigger mush and creep.
Manticore Arms Switchback charging handle (long) is mandatory for this setup.
Corvus Defensio shell deflector and extended mag release.
Just looking for a 1/7 barrel now.

Attached: Steyr AUG modded.jpg (1210x1613, 1.12M)

Oh, I forgot about the TRL-1 HR. The switch is REALLY easy to hit with my finger without taking my firing hand off the grip, I recommend it.

Attached: Steyr AUG modded 2.jpg (1210x1613, 1.1M)

Not an AUG owner, but there's some issues that have always bothered me.
I can't get over that light placement - has anyone made a better aftermarket solution? Also, is the foregrip necessary for the rifle to function? Why did Steyr even include that as part of the original design? Are you supposed to fold it when you want to brace the rifle on cover?

I actually really like the light placement over my AR's quad rail setup I have no picture of right now.
There are aftermarket rail replacements and you can put your own forgrip on it if you want, but it just doesn't look very good IMO. The vert grip is necessary because there isn't much real estate up front for your hand unless you wanna grab a hot barrel.

I'm sure the light placement is ergonomic, but it's so far behind that the flood would be blocked by like 1/3 of the rifle.
The F90 fixes all the little gripes I have, but fucking Thales, man.

I was going to buy one, no joke. I saw it years ago and just waited patiently. I had just seen IV8888's video and the news came in like a week later that it wasn't coming after all. Kinda killed me a little bit on the inside.

everyone ITT has black but I was going to go for green. aaaaaahh don't know what to do.

Tulip is the original one right

Steyr doesn't make green AUGs anymore, pretty sure.

AUGM1GRNO3 is the model I was looking at. They make green, mud, white (was limited) and black. I dunno, maybe I'm just being stubborn with going for the fixed 3x; lots of people say it's shit, while some like it a lot—and I admit that the rail is more versatile. I guess I just want an auggy AUG more than anything (same with the green)

Attached: 39256.png (3375x1358, 3.52M)

I think the only acceptable fixed optic version of the AUG is the original green one. Goddamn, this rifle was so ahead of it's time.

Attached: img_7459.jpg (3917x2635, 699K)

My good sir, rants like your’s are the reason I still come to Jow Forums

May you be blessed with many keks

My nigga.

Attached: jackson1.jpg (1112x625, 111K)

fuck, MUD seems to be closer to the original color tho

Attached: 9876.jpg (1500x603, 97K)

This one just looks phenomenal. Plus you can larp as Karl from Die Hard.

I love how the AUG and MSG threads are always so patrician because to be in either one you must have an appreciation of firearms that are

>no longer (or never were) cheap
>off the beaten path (unless Mosin or SKS)

Srsly, I wish every thread was this decent and komfy

what's all this stuff on it

Attached: k.png (1980x1236, 1.94M)

AUG mags best mags.

Attached: goatvi3.jpg (492x600, 64K)

AUG looks like it was designed by insect aliums

If you get a NATO/STANAG compatible stock, does it still not have the lock bolt to the rear on empty feature?

only capite censis get the NATO version. But yes, you're right I believe

>only capite censis get the NATO version.
but I already have six dozen Stanag mags.
It will really trigger my autism if i have a whole nother type of mag to stock up on that is so close to being the same thin but is not

why do the NATO stocks have to come without the lock on empty feature?

You will terribly regret buying the NATO version, bro. Don't do it. Listen to the goat a couple posts up.

because STANAG version a shit.
>no sweet 42 rounders (cheap too)
>ugly mag release on left side; ugly aesthetics overall
>single trigger linkage instead of two
>objectively less reliable

if you care about your mag stash the AUG isn't for you; do you care when buying an AK that your AR mags don't work in it?

I bought the non-STAGNAG version, the STEYR magazines are very nice, and available. Just stack up on a few and you'll be fine.

I too was tempted by the NATO version.

That being said, even though it 'Locks back' you still need to reach all the way forward to grab the charging handle, as during operation it dosn't lock back with the bolt. All it does is tell you the weapon is empty (Which is important in its own right).

I think you will enjoy the platform either way.

>when you aren't certain if an AUG your ordered online will have a SWD receiver

Attached: help.jpg (300x300, 15K)

ok i'm fairly convinced to buy the standard version
the only reason i feel as though i wanted to have the nato version is because less amount of different mags, thats all..
but its really the same thing that prevents me fromt owning a Mini-14. 5.56 mags and are so close to being the same but they're not.
its not about money or storage space really. its just about making things easy for me by having less number of things that are different, for me to keep track of

I have like 6 or 8 30 rounders and 5 42 rounders. It's enough.
Having 5 42 rounders works great because it perfectly fits 7 boxes of 30.

I want a 37mm of dis

Attached: w2c.png (1940x1210, 2.58M)

why the fuck is steyr's website 404'ing everything. I want a 1/2-28 barrel

Their site is pretty useless. I haven't been able to get anything straight from them. I always have to use Midway USA or Brownells. AUG barrels are extremely hard to find, though.

True dat.

Attached: IMG_1996.jpg (2592x1728, 3.52M)

Their website sucks and they don't even have that many good accessories to offer.
Look up PJ's Steyr AUG site, he sells a ton of factory AUG accessories,
A lot of which are pretty hard to find now.

Attached: 26.png (318x307, 116K)

I'm still afraid that if I order green it's green-green. Are these really the same? Did they change the dyes recently? it's the same SKU. Maybe just the lightning.

Attached: 46893-DEFAULT-l-2.jpg (1350x700, 99K)

Probably just different lighting. Maybe check around on Google images and see if you can find different shades. I don't imagine it's changed, since they would have to change the color of the foregrip, mag plates, safety switch, mag release, and charging handle all to fit. They're not FN, the colors actually match.

Just ask them directly chief, it's not worth chancing it.

all of the online actual pics show the good one. Seems to just be the publicity pic

AUG isn’t too bad, can certainly lead to some keks. But generally speaking I prefer the SG 553 and M4.
I have that same skin.
>muh realism
Most who are still with Siege today stopped calling it that a long time ago, and really realism hasn’t been its focus after 2016. The people who called Siege realistic are the same people who thought BF3 and 4 were accurate portrayals of a modern battlefield, pun intended.

Pj’s website sucks also but hes a nice guy and will generally get back to you quickly

You need to go back to /v/.

You were asking for it user. Memes aside though I would put the AUG as the most successful bullpup there is, both from performance, usage, and how many of them there are.

Attached: 20180613_170224.jpg (1920x1080, 2.39M)

Attached: 1526494316682.jpg (1926x1084, 773K)

I was led to believe that suppressing the AUG was hard as fuck to do. I saw a video of a guy that had a kit that reverted gasses back through the base of the suppressor and it seemed like a huge pain in the ass.
I'm guessing you have a 1/2-28 thread and a flash hider/suppressor mount? Any issues?

Switching to a green stock is the second thing I will do after the flash hider.

The whole assfuckery of the ratworx supressor is to remove the pop that comes from the piston
I got a suppressor mount that is threaded for the AUG's snowflake threading
It is without a doubt louder suppressed than my AR due to the aforementioned pop but it is still quieter than unsuppressed (obvs)
It runs as if it is on the "adverse" gas setting when suppressed, but there are gas plugs you can get that add a suppressed setting which I plan on getting.
No issues other than the induced overgassing but it's not a huge concern as it has no impact on reliability.

Is the pop from the piston that big of a deal when the bullet is still supersonic?

Not really
it is noticeable as the shooter though.

Fucking love mine. My fav rifle.

I wish there was a nice gucci trigger pack for it, that didn't require butchery of the trigger pack.

3x optic is fine for me. Put a red dot on the scope rail and you're good. Yes aim 2-3 inches higher than your target, due to high position of the optic.

I am far more accurate and "long range" with this thing than I am with my tricked out AR15.

I love being able to swap barrel, stock etc in seconds (this is beneficial when traveling to ranges/events outside of California, the rifle is compliant but when I cross the border I can transform it into standard SBR in under 30 sec using other parts).

There is no reason not to own both native and nato stocks.

Attached: 1561322572398.jpg (768x576, 99K)

Mines basically this without the grenade launcher.

sorry to hear that

Attached: 1530047597672.jpg (200x400, 17K)

Try holding one. Its most natural ergonomic rifle I've ever handled.

Mines got an aim point pro.
Best? Prolly not. But it'll do till I get an acog

Attached: Image-537.jpg (4032x3024, 2.75M)

Nope, and I'd say its more or less essential if you are doing drills or competing. Swapping stock costs $325 (stock and trigger) during steyr-arms sales.

I own both. I choose standard. Bolt release over the mag well is essential.

Also a lot of the custom modifications for the rifle are native stock only.

Probably getting new stock of stuff. They just had a sale. This is normal cycle for them. Its a couple of dudes who run it. Just wait.

Cool feature if you have a can, set the gas system to grenade. Single-shot super quiet pew pew

KeK

yeet this is true
would be even better if steyr delivered on those .300 blk barrels

Steyr had a newer NATO stock variant with the bolt release button they showed off with their .300 blackout prototype.

have a picture?

Best muzzle devices for proprietary AUG thread pitch?

39 burger bucks

Attached: steyr-aug-muzzle-brake.jpg (458x247, 198K)

It's outdated, but at least he has a good selection.
I've ordered some stuff from him and didn't have any problems at all.

the vanilla one

What kind of sling should I get for my AUG?