.30 Luger

With the advent of successful bottlenecked pistol cartridges like .22 TCM and .357 Sig, one wonders if .30 Luger will make a comeback. Almost all modern 9mm pistols should accept it; all that would be required is a barrel swap. The increased velocity would be an aid in defeating body armor.

Attached: T_73.jpg (1299x1728, 212K)

Or light fast bullets that exist now in small quantities because it's a worthless endeavor in the handgun world.

I'll pass on bottleneck cartridges...make em slightly longer and give me an extra bullet or two in capacity.
Would kill for a pocket 380 style gun with a faster 32acp with a longer cartridge. Would be flatter shooting lower recoil and more capacity.

Machine the rim off of .327 Fed Mag, and maybe trim the brass OAL it or seat the bullets deeper in the case?

Wikipedia lists a 90gr .30 bullet at 1200fps, and it's not uncommon to clock boring old 115gr at just 75fps under that. Not to mention you have a lot of R&D already down for meeting FBI pen rrquirements with .355 bullets.

.30 Luger also has a fairly mild powder loading due to the low pressures of the day. A modern loading will definitely improve performance.

Attached: 5.7mm_Johnson_Spitfire.jpg (1600x1200, 89K)

Nice. That would be a fuck huge grip, though.

Attached: FK-Brno-7-5-1.jpg (930x605, 132K)

>an LCP in 7.62 Longue
I know someone who would buy that.

Attached: gun_jesus_and_qbz-chan.jpg (1280x1280, 198K)

There's a .32 ACP necked down to .308 called .30 Reid made for Canada.
Pretty sure there's also a .25 ACP necked down to .22 for the same reasons.

>one wonders
who.

>10mm auto
>neck it down to 7.62mm

Wa la, best selling meme cartridge for the next 20 years.

>Wa la
VoilĂ , you pleb.

How new are you?

Meme cartridge that didn't become popular. Too bad, it would be perfect for restricted states -- a tiny wood-stocked fudd gun.

Attached: 57_Spitfire.jpg (741x1024, 167K)

fuck off communist trash.

How about just a reliable .22mag pistol?

The few I've shot sucked balls and hung up like every fifth shot

That's rimfire for ya

If someone makes a .22 rimless magnum that's still pretty cheap, it'd be nice.

32naa you can get conversion barrels for the lcp

No, bad. 9x25 Dillon is the bullet you want.

It's called 7.62 tokarev.

But that's a bottleneck with the same head diameter as 9mm. specifically wants a straight-walled .32 to maximize magazine capacity, and 7.65 Long is it.

Attached: 7.65x20 etc..jpg (660x371, 21K)