/akg/ AK General

AK General /akg/
Honey Gold Bakelite Edition
>Thread #848

Old thread here

Attached: 59880720_148857896169168_8020963469298112412_n.jpg (1080x809, 207K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/YdEkhdva
atlanticfirearms.com/products/ak-47-rifle-m10-762-diy
youtube.com/watch?v=N7E-qY9-DE0
youtube.com/watch?v=WyYRUvnfZwA
youtube.com/watch?v=GN5AL_Vc-dA
reddit.com/r/ak47/comments/6zu83t/wasr10_or_lee_armory_bgpu_romainian_ak/
akfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?t=320342
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>AK Buyers Guide

pastebin.com/YdEkhdva

What optic for AK?

Attached: 1C22139B-F170-4380-B9E7-9759BA47A4FE.jpg (2425x1362, 1M)

PO4-17p

Attached: po4x17p ak74m modified bp-02 mount.jpg (1599x903, 490K)

I knew I shouldn't have jacked off to amateur brown stinky hairy Latina butts. Its just that imaging myself feeling their skin and feeling my cock inside of their pussy and their butt cheeks bouncing on my pelvis was so fucking hot.

Western optic on RS Regulate.

OKP-7 or Obzor. PSOP if you want magnification.

Obzor is always the answer

Attached: 20190317_2145452.jpg (4549x2648, 1.81M)

Should i say it again?

Is this the best option for a poorfag to start on AKs? Chrome bore is cool, but I'm not %100 on the sight/gas block combo. Is there anything else cool coming in on the horizon? Also, does Atlantic do 4th of July sales?

atlanticfirearms.com/products/ak-47-rifle-m10-762-diy

Attached: ak-47-rifle-m10-762-diy-2.jpg (458x247, 212K)

If you want an objectively superior optic and don't care about "authenticity" then
If you want magnification but you want a Russian optic for whatever reason then POSP 4x24
If you want the ugliest possible optic that is also not very good, then listen to

Get here underfolder kit or wait for the fixed stock version to come back in stock i think there both 20 bucks cheaper and you get dimples and separate gas block and front sight

>honey gold
>not contrast boosted bullshit
I hate gun owners that do this with everything

>%100
The M10 is perfect for a retard like you.

I would've gotten the underfolder kit but it looks like they're sold out right now. Does nitride wear down much faster than chrome lined when it comes to 7.62x39? I admittedly don't know enough about AKs. My only one right now is a Maadi that got circumcised during import.

not by much no. if youre not shooting corrosive, which you probably wont be, nitride is perfectly fine

Cool, thanks. Any idea when we're gonna see more barrelled receivers come back in stock?

does he even own them?

You did nothing wrong brother

I have no idea. the only aks Ive bought have been through private transaction.

Say what again?

This
PSAK IS Jow Forumss WET DREAM OF AN AFFORDABLE AMERICAN AK THAT IS OF WASR QUALITY AND MADE BY A DECENT COMPANY AND ONLY QUEERS WITH HYPER INFLATED EGOS DISAGREE TO PROTECT THERE PURCHASE OF WHATEVER COM BLOCK AK THEY OWN TO MAKE THEM FEEL SUPERIOR

>literally (You)

Attached: 62e8bc0c22c5c703c9b6300482087255ba316d11d1e7a3cc5e3effe37e764487_1.jpg2.jpg (720x711, 179K)

For 7.62 or 5.45?
For 7.62 get a 4x24 posp with the simonov reticle if you want a decent fixed power scope. If you want really good optics and have money to burn get an rs regulate upper and lower mount and put whatever expensive optic you want on it.

That's an rs-regulate light mount right? What's the offset mount that's attached to it?

why is Chimps such a nice person

Attached: 1528838515731.jpg (707x407, 77K)

>why is Chimps such a nice person
Because he has an amazing shoe collection

AKs in 5.45 are fucking shameful

Never gonna make it

The guy isnt wrong. The PSAK is what everyone wanted for so long. Finally we have a great american made AK and AKG just cant handle it. When we get the numbers back from BFLV we will really see how good it is. Its already been three months and they say its still running, so theres a solid chance it has well over 10k rounds through it by this point.

Attached: 076147CB-666E-4B1A-9FAE-B5359E702F0C.jpg (3923x1455, 1.23M)

The furniture looks pretty nice imo. Any idea if they make an underfolder? Shopping for my first ak and wire side folders and underfolders make my dick hard.

No they dont make them with an underfolder. The furniture is my own job. This is what it looked like when i got it. Thank you for the compliment.

Attached: C80AB078-F107-496D-963A-CC8AE65F303C.jpg (4032x3024, 2.04M)

Why? You do understand the logic behind smaller caliber rifles right?

Yep, RS Regulate BM-1 with an Arisaka Defense Picatinny Scout Light Mount.

You deserve another for the wonderful refinishing job. Very nice!

Thanks, user. I feel like i brought that poor wood set back to life.

Between Barnaul and Tula, which 7.62x39mm is better? I've had decent experience with both of these ammo brands in 7.62x39, but Wolf .223 has given me nothing but problems and Barnaul 7.62x51mm has worked great. I found a pretty decent deal on Tulammo 7.62x39mm but I'm wondering if the extra pennies a round for Barnaul is worth the peace of mind of not blowing up my gun.

8M3 or GT imo

Tula is cool because they have 8M3 and their softpoint expands really well. Their FMJ doesn't seem much different than the others.

Thank you, I'll probably do the same thing on my wasr. I already have a BM-1.

Here's a gel test of the soft point if you haven't seen it before. youtube.com/watch?v=N7E-qY9-DE0

Just form 4'd a 2016 12-04 with folding stock, railed gas block and ambi safety.

What am I in for?

Attached: 259465_original.jpg (1920x1080, 805K)

Cool, I took a break from my AK shooting to get into collecting other Cold Warriors, and while I never had trouble with 7.62x39 from Tula, the disappointing .223 I bought from them plus the reputation their 7.62x51 has for blowing up battle rifles made me weary of bulk buying their stuff if Barnaul is superior and about the same price. Figures they wouldn't have any trouble with a cartridge that is in their wheelhouse, as it were.

A blast.

I have two Vepr 12s; a fixed and folding. I’ve considered SBSing one of them, but I’ve heard below 14” you encounter problems unless you enlarged the gas port and some other work, but the factory SBS appears to be good to go.

I also don’t know which one id cut. The fixed one would be a good option so it would fit into a regular case, the folding would be a good option so it would fit into an even smaller case

>PSAKfag is also a WAfag
And you guys shit on floridians baka

Ive never heard of anyone here really hating on florida. We hate californians here.

No prob and definitely go for it. I like this setup a lot more compared to a railed handguard.

Attached: E4F8DD2F-325E-4241-BFA9-DC10AC0FA64C.jpg (2798x1212, 567K)

>BFLV
care to tell a retard what this stands for? google is failing me

Battlefield Las Vegas. The gun range in Vegas that rents machine guns that has proven that wasr is best AK and PSA ARs are literally just as good

>but the factory SBS appears to be good to go.
Great to know.

How hot does the light get? Does the side mount help it keep cooler?

Also that ARs last longer than AKs. All AK receivers crack around 100k rounds while ARs have lasted them 200k+ rounds.

There’s really not a lot I’ve found on the factory SBSs other than they’re more reliable than cut down long bois, so I would go into this expecting to run heavy shot for reliable cycling, and be pleasantly surprised if it runs birdshot reliably.

I’ve owned 3 different full size Vepr 12s, and two of them required some kind of break in period before they reliably functioned with birdshot. The first one I broke in with several boxes of buckshot, the second one i had to shoot a hundred or so birdshot with jams before it started working well, and my 3rd was 100% reliable out of the box.

Also, if you mount an optic on the top rail, mount it as far back as possible. For some reason, it can cause serious jams up front. My Burris fastfire, a tiny little thing, originally caused a jam every other shot until I moved it to the back of the rail

Haven’t gotten the chance to shoot it since it arrived last week but I imagine it should help with heat considering the light is 2 mounts away from the barrel

Gib Gp25

Attached: B17960CA-548A-4BEF-9F8D-44D265E55C5E.jpg (4032x3024, 2.57M)

8m3 isn't made by Tula, dumbass

That really doesn't surprise me. Ar's recoil hardly even hits the receiver whereas an AK puts it all into the recoil spring

They don't make the 8M3 bullets but they are the one's who offer cartridges with those bullets for sale. I don't see anyone else selling ammo with 8M3 bullets.

Hey lads I'm lookin to get a decent to good AK74. I've got an AKM recently and really like the system and want to enjoy some sexy 5.45. What should I try to get. I've heard the SLR-104fr is good

Attached: 1558994882484.png (856x561, 228K)

AR receivers last longer than AK receivers

>We get about 20,000 rounds out of bolts before >we start experiencing issues. The headspace >gauge will start getting closing on NO-GO but >not close on field. We will lose a lug on the >bolt. The bolt will start skipping over rounds in >the magazine and fail to insert a round. We >use LMT and Daniel Defense bolts and some >will actually go longer but at about 20,000 >rounds is when we will start to see issues >appear.

>– Gas tubes will erode away at the FSB after >12+ months

>– Charging handles will “stretch” allowing the >locking lever and spring to fly out

>– Hammer pins and disconnectors on the 8.5 >full-auto’s will break after approximately >4,000-5,000 rounds regardless of the buffer >weight

I'm a Florida boy who moved up to Washington. Never got any flack accept for this one out of state bitch. Fuck California though.

Barnaul and wolf have the exact same logo on the back, Barnaul had a coating that allows it to slide into battery easier

Is this true /akg/?

Attached: 20190628_173835.jpg (4032x1960, 2.3M)

>Is it common
no
>is it worth that much
also no

About what I figured
What rifle used this set originally?

>is it worth that much
>also no
The handguards alone are going for $140. The grip ~$70.

>not worth that much to me

How does it feel to know nothing? That's a fair price in todays market.

Attached: 1524267644429.jpg (600x791, 41K)

>buying from atlantic
>ever

theres a reason they have no reviews online and the BBB reviews are all negative.

do explain
You're the first I've seen complain

I'm picking up a romanian WASR for a few shekels tomorrow. First AK. Read the pastebin, seems like it's not complete shit.

Will /akg/ bully me for posting a budget AK?

You sir have no clue what you speak of, surprise!

They are worth $250 in that condition, anything under $200 is a good deal.

Attached: IMG_7624.jpg (4032x3024, 1.97M)

lurk more faggot half of us have and love them the other half used to have them or are mouth breathers who own PSAKs or RAS/VSKA

You done good user, WASRs are the best starter AKs.

Attached: IMG_20190525_165809.jpg (2160x3405, 1.7M)

Attached: zUj--j9w.jpg (1960x4032, 766K)

If you want the true end game of ak get the 104UR

RS Regulate with Aimpoint for best all-round practical set-up. Obzor for LARPing or looking Jow Forumsool.

104FR is a good rifle but no longer imported and therefore hard to find new and/or for a reasonable price. If you want a 74, the only real option in the current market is to wait or buy a kit build.

fuck I just love Yugos. And RPKS
I have this thing with my guns, I either like big, heavy, long barreled lads with bipods... or tiny little fuckers.
>krink arrives this week
>absolute hype

>tfw AK74 kits doubled in price

Attached: IMG_1541.jpg (3200x1937, 2.7M)

two rib lad was worth the wait
just like sex

>no hymen no diamond nibba

Attached: IMG_1543.jpg (4032x3024, 3.89M)

*blocks your path*

Attached: romyufbr-1-of-5-jpg-product.jpg (458x247, 166K)

fucking A I love polished bolts

Attached: IMG_1540.jpg (4032x3024, 3.39M)

Actually PSAK is the best starter AK

I still need an underfolder. One day I will have my pseudo M72AB1kit built, but for now my only foldy boi is my wasr. I kinda feel bad leaving my nice wood stock set in the box, but this setup, while pretty ugly, is endearing in it's own way. It's also quite handy, and the folder with the cheek rest is surprisingly nice.

Attached: tanker.jpg (3000x1987, 3.21M)

is the SLR-107R good to go?

is this a meme

those were used on polytech rifles. the textured grip/blonde wood is polytech.

The orange wood is Norinco and all other.

I don't know. Sure is asked a whole fucking lot.
Yes, if this isn't bait.

Folding stocks, dong grips, drum mags and Bakelite make my dick hard.

This ones for you lad

Attached: 1548CFB0-01BD-4BAA-B81D-D6694ED8FED6.jpg (3776x2512, 2.82M)

it sort of is. i've been asking on and off since 2017. it started out as a serious question but people were always asking about it around 2018 when SLRs QC went down the toilet, and now i just think it's funny because they're such overpriced garbage.

2015 arsenal shit the bed

i didn't browse /akg/ / back then. :^) i was still largely on r9k until i decided to stop being a depressed pussy and get a manly hobby. and ever since i got into guns i've been happier than ever. i just love the is the SLR-107r good to go because it reminds me of how much more fun i've been having since i got into guns and specifically Kalashnikov style rifles and Kalashnikov accessories.

Want to chop mine down, but also don’t want to register it with big daddy gov, but also don’t want to be a felon and spend time in jail cause I have a family.

Attached: CA994027-B5E7-4BCC-BE3D-10C4ADA437D1.jpg (3816x1858, 1.53M)

Any AK building classes/parties near 704? I want to build a few, but I have no tooling.

Fuck AKs and the companies that produce them. The only AKs you can buy for under 1000$ anymore is a WASR and then dogshit. Seriously ruined what was once cool about the AK. Arsenal can go to hell, selling SLRs on GunBroker for 1500$ lmao

i think that build parties are illegal in some states.
i like AKs. Muh PSA cheap quality insert here. i hope they churn out 500 dollar AKs until they can sell them for 400 and even cheaper. imports are fucked. but PSA is the company that's doing something about it. all the richfags and secret gun haters who shit on PSA aren't doing anything, they're not getting an FFL and making a CHEAPER BETTER THAN IO INC AK rifle, but PSA is.

Is lee armory ok?

youtube.com/watch?v=WyYRUvnfZwA
youtube.com/watch?v=GN5AL_Vc-dA
reddit.com/r/ak47/comments/6zu83t/wasr10_or_lee_armory_bgpu_romainian_ak/
akfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?t=320342
he general consensus seems to be rather positive. specific models can vary so researching that specific model you want is important.

This. By far my favorite gun to shoot.

Attached: 337773A7-508C-47F5-B5EE-D92E57E7C962.jpg (2250x1536, 1.18M)