QTDDTOT

Has anyone ever shimmed an optic between the mount and the pic rail? i have a red dot that's (chinesium) off center past it's max adjustment, any way to fix it without just replacing it?

Attached: 1398144210002.jpg (600x352, 166K)

Other urls found in this thread:

optoplus.com/en/eye-health/virtual-eye-test/virtual-astigmatism-test/
springfield-armory.com/products/1911-mil-spec-defenders-series/
cheaperthandirt.com/ncstar-plate-carrier-vest-size-med-to-2xl-nylon-green/FC-848754000712.html
palmettostatearmory.com/deals
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I've heard some people cut up soda cans and put a little tab of metal between their scope and the rings, may work for you depending on how the mount works. You're better off just saving up and upgrading from a chinesium optic to at least some poorfag Holosun or Vortex.

thanks for the answer. I was curious if anyone had actually put metal inbetween the optics picatinny mount and the picatinny rail to get the same effect as putting it in scope rings.
i'm gonna save up for an aimpoint, I don't want the 100 dolalr optic other people have had to shim to just be as useless as the 40 dollar one

What's the best way to carry 5-rnd stripper clips for Mosin/Mauser/Lee Enfield on molle and/or 50mm belt?

How come we don't have any modern patriotic military songs?

because being patriotic in the military is going out the window with female soldiers who can't pass basic training and LGBT rights presentation coming in the door

There never was a Jow Forumslass photo 2019, was there?

Attached: 7B513244-F025-4453-92B2-CAFE02701F2B.jpg (1200x781, 606K)

Its not possible to rit dye black Pmags, is it? Like, it wont do much more than give it a vague tint? Cant find anyone whose tried, but I wonder if I use a really pale green it will come out dark green.

lgbt stands for let's be gay together

Anybody got the chink chong be gone pasta?

Bought an armalite AR-7. Does anyone know a good place to get in stock 15 round magazines?
The only site I found was buymymags which seems sketchy.

I don't get the instructions in the picture.
>place target between bottom horizontal line and upper curved line with numbers.
Yes but where inbetween them?
I am supposed to fit the target so that it touches both the bottom and curved line? Does the rangefinder only work on a specific zoom level?

>put target with feet on bottom line
>move sight from right to left till top of target hits the top line
>read what distance that is
>Does the rangefinder only work on a specific zoom level
It's a fixed scope.

Rit dye is for fabric, not solid polymer. You'd have better luck with alumahyde or something similar. Better yet, just save yourself the time and buy pmags in whatever color you want.

>Rit dye is for fabric, not solid polymer.
Right, but theres extensive literature on dying the tan Pmags into different colors using rit dye, but none on black mags, so I'm left wondering if it doesn't work or you just have to compensate by using a lighter tone to compensate for the dark base.

first, yes, i am autistic. now for the question. i need to take my gat in to get a pin and weld done. is it alright if i just park and bring in an upper receiver? i don't really have anything to put it in since it's longer than any bag or backpack i own. is it weird to just carry it in by itself? i'm a former milfag so it's not my first time around the block in a general sense, but i'm not sure of the convention here.

what is your exact diagnosis for your case of autism?

i'm not super interested in pinning an exact diagnosis on myself, and my therapist agreed that it probably wouldn't be helpful, but we had a short discussion where she told me that she believes i'm on the spectrum. would you mind answering my question? i'd appreciate it.

is this sort of thing not the literal domain of autism? someone toss me a bone here please.

Attached: 1444632406105.jpg (735x582, 135K)

Because the biggest fear the government has is the military being extremely patriotic and taking issue with politicians hating America.

Thank you user

Attached: 1556228458706.png (638x557, 82K)

If you have a registered m16 lower, do you need a special upper to fire full auto? Is it like with bolt carriers that the vast majority are fine for FA but not all or are ALL uppers fine for FA?

Call ahead and ask if the gunsmith can do the service, ask when is a good time to bring in the upper, remove your BCG and CH, wrap the upper in a towel and put it in a shopping bag to bring it in.

I'm looking for a middy 16" 5.56/Wylde complete AR upper. I've got a $4-500 budget and I hear good things about PSA and Aero. What other brands should I be looking into that will have a decent build quality in that range?

I have one more gun I can purchase on my loicence
odds I buy AKM
even I buy HK pistol

You can only dye darker, not lighter. The best you might get would be black and slightly darker black.

Could this be construed as concealed carry? It works really well to put a knife in my leg pocket and looks pretty nonchalant. Does the entire sheath and handle need to be in plain view or will officer sparky shoot my dog and make me a felon because only the handle is sticking out of my pocket?

Attached: 20190629_154428.jpg (1718x1944, 1.61M)

/WA/fags, what's the best (read cheapest and easiest) way to get I1639 training?

In a SHTF/apocalyptic situation, would having body armor made any difference in terms of long term survival? Would it be smart to get a plate or two, or is it just a waste of money and/or weight/space?

Attached: Buzz Hmm.jpg (200x211, 7K)

It's a complex issue and it depends on a lot of different factors. Sometimes, it might be a detriment because of bulk and weight that you could better spend carrying other things. Sometimes, it might not offer adequate protection for someone fighting without world class medical support.

At the end of the day, it's cheap enough that you might as well buy some, even if it's only the absolute poorfag option of that $119 AR500 carrier with the special plate cut.

Depends on how you look at it. In a real shtf (IE, Katrina), you're going to turtle in your house, you may well have to defend your home or street from looters and wont have access to any medical aid that you or your immediate community cannot perform. So depending on your perspective, either body armor is irrelevant because even if it makes center mass shots survivable any shot to outside the plate will not see professional aid and will therefore probably end up being fatal anyway, or body armor is absolutely critical because it will turn a definitely fatal chest wound into a bruise and you'll just take the chance with extremities.

Has anyone ordered from Sarco Inc before? Their website looks absolutely fucking awful, but they're the only place that has the part I need.

Attached: 1552034422906.jpg (728x783, 61K)

A few times. They're one of the larger player in the surp market.

Good, I need a PPS Wood stock and I don't really want to buy one for 200+ from Pietta.

Rifle sights for a Mossberg 590, like pic related that as been available for the 870 for-fucking-ever. I don't want just a bead, yet I can't stand those humongous ghost ring setups the Mossbergs come with that look like they'll snag on everything. They're the most popular shotguns in the country and have been for some time now, why the fuck are these not more readily available?

Attached: 5165458214-Remington-870-Deer-12GA-20in-Pump-Shotgun-with-Rifle-Sights-25565.jpg (870x228, 18K)

I apologize in advance if this is a dumbfuck question: Is there a way, like some sort of do-it-yourself test that I can do at home, where I can quickly and easily find out if I have an astigmatism or not? I don't want to spend several hundred dollars on a red dot or two only to find out that I cannot use red dots due to my shitty eyes.

Attached: :k: Russian Reaction.jpg (400x386, 30K)

Where can I buy foam for my Pelican case? I want to be able to supply them with dimensions and have them cut the foam to size. If I were to buy foam advertised as for my case it would be $40.

I've bought Pelican foam from Amazon and Walmart.com.

Not that I know of. I have astigmatism, if I go outside at night and look up at street lights or traffic lights I'll see streaks of light coming out of them from various directions going anywhere from 2 feet to 20. I have an EOTech optic and have no astigmatism related issues whatsoever. Obviously your eyes are different from mine so I would recommend doing what I did which is going to the range and every time you see someone with a red dot or holographic go talk to them and ask to look at the reticle. If it looks like a starburst or has streaks coming from it that move when you tilt your head, then you're fucked.

Foam for my case on amazon is like $40. I don't want to spend more than $20 max. I just wanna know if anyone has any good websites for buying foam cut to dimension.

Has it occurred to you to go to an eye doctor? A lot of the cheap glasses chains do routine eye exams for $40-60 without insurance, and usually no cost with insurance. If your glasses prescription has a non-zero value for cylinder (CYL), then you have an astigmatism. The larger the absolute value of that number, the worse the astigmatism, but that doesn't necessarily correlate well to how much you will be bothered by a holographic sight.

So the online retailer that often has the cheapest anything anywhere is selling non-pre-cut foam for $40, and you don't want to spend more than $20 for pre-cut foam. Sounds like you need to realign your expectations.

Good to know. For my AR build, I was planning on going with an Eotech anyway. It's pistol red dots that I am concerned with. I just don't want to spend several hundred dollars on a red dot and the mount, and a red dot cut pistol only to find that the dot looks like a starburst or has streaks coming from it.
I will ask my doctor the next time that I get my eyes looked at.

It's advertised as foam for a Pelican 1720 for $36. The reason it's that expensive is because it says it's for the 1720 which means I don't have to find out what foam density or dimensions I need. Guaranteed compatibility. Problem is that convenience comes at a cost. I would much rather go to a business that sells foam, and make an order with them specifying the density and dimensions and get it a lot cheaper. Also I'm planning on making changes to my rifle in a month so I'll likely need to buy even more foam later. No way I'm gonna spend $80 on foam.

optoplus.com/en/eye-health/virtual-eye-test/virtual-astigmatism-test/

Cover one eye and see if any lines are blurry or lighter than the rest.

Attached: image.jpg (670x480, 129K)

Posted this in the last thread but had no success. Why can’t my Kar98k accept a bayonet? It’s a Yugo Capture, and the cleaning rod length is 12 1/2 inches. It does this both with the repro pictured here and an original. It goes no further than pictured here, even after I cleaned it and tried lubricating the lug.

Attached: 8BDFEBD6-CCE7-4AA6-A5DF-EC1AF05E272C.jpg (3024x1932, 2.8M)

Are there any pic rail mounted, adjustable monopods that aren't ebay shit?

The only ones I know about are from accupoint but I feel weird not being able to adjust the rear, and the fn one is six hundred fucking dollars

Attached: 047046FCC8C0FEF1A4633BD386BF35EB74DC0D38.jpg (500x500, 25K)

>nonchalant
That's an odd way to spell 'tacky'. But provided you're not wearing a long jacket that would cover it, it's not concealed.

>will officer sparky shoot
Yeah, probably.

Attached: Officer Sparky.png (1050x1287, 74K)

Want to get a basic bitch 1911, ideally under $600. What should I go with?

I see you want to go against all advice, and would rather buy something cheap that won't work reliably, instead of saving slightly more money for something that will work much better.

Get an RIA 1911 and brag on ar15.com about how you put a whole 20 rounds through 'her' last year and that you'd never trust a plastic gun

I just want something to shoot at the range my dude. I have shit to carry and I have shit to investigate that bump in the night.

springfield-armory.com/products/1911-mil-spec-defenders-series/

Looking for the mask and the rubber gaiters from pic related. Are they military issue, or is it just a commercial paint mask?

Attached: egg.png (368x445, 398K)

I've got a low powered (5J) pellet rifle, is it possible to shoot plastic pellets with it and do airsoft with it or is it too high powered?

Currently have and carry a Ruger Security 9 and I'm wondering if buying a Glock 19 is worth it. I've literally only ever shot two rounds out of a Glock 19, but holding it felt more solid and made me feel like my gun was just a cheap hunk of plastic when I picked it up.
That said, I've never had any problems with it and I'm fairly accurate using it. I could afford a G19, but I am a college student and I do kind of have to watch my spending. Not to mention that I could just buy several thousand rounds of 9mm for the price I'd pay for a Glock, and that's a lot of practice I could use to improve my shooting.

Attached: Ruger-Glock-2.jpg (480x360, 65K)

In my experience, most striker fired polymer guns are pretty much exactly the same. If you need to be smart with your money, don't buy a gun that you already own.

Are you sure it's a Yugo capture and not just an M48?

If it's not meant to shoot plastic, don't stick plastic in there. The pellets will shatter and either fuck up the mechanism or turn the rifle into a shotgun.

Should scope bases and rings match the finish on the gun or finish on the scope? I have a model 70 super grade but I don't wanna spend an extra $250 dollars to make my scope shiny.

Sure, that's a thing.

I had a break-barrel air rifle that had a bad barrel angle, so I bought an RWS adjustable mount where you can adjust out the elevation problem.

Where you get into trouble is putting the shim under the scope tube- when you tighten the rings you're tweaking the scope tube. See if you can ramove the scope rail, and shim the rear or front accordingly.

If you have a local gun shop they probably sell scope shims, which are thin pieces of stell that have slots for the scope rail screws to go through.

One was being made but the person in charge of it never finished/posted it. I offered to help too. Hopefully we get one for 2020, hell I'll make it myself if I have to.

Try Halvin Sales. Mossberg made barrels with slightly shittier sights for their Persuaders back in the 80's- I bet you can still find a 6-shot persuader barrel.

hello frens, I am looking for a holster that I can use for a 4inch barrel webley revolver. Something that I can attach to my ALICE belt would be ideal

Attached: 62123777_727715927671333_7635032180913078272_o.jpg (1080x1920, 133K)

Sort of a question/recommendation request cause I'm having trouble deciding what my next purchase is going to be.
Help me out?

>Uberti 12 shot SA Revolver
>Around $500
Would be buying some ammo to plink in my backyard.
Targets would be cans and bottles that I simply set up or fill with water or something

>40-45lb Recurve bow
>Around $400
Haven't decided on a brand yet
Would have to get arrows, and a target of some sort
Have my 60lb but want something lighter for just backyard fun

>Accessories
>$250 or so
Been wanting to get new grips to change out the stock ones on my CZ PCR D
Also been wanting to put wood furniture, heat shield, and a simply leather sling onto my Memeberg Shockwave 12GA for shits and giggles

Bianchi UM84R fits most medium and large frame revolvers and is designed to fit an ALICE belt.

Is a 4inch barrel webley mk1 a medium frame? I honestly know so little about revolvers user, any help is great

Skip the Memewave, that just sounds dumb. As a nobowz, I'd probably go for the bow if it's on the menu, but in your case, between the revolver and the lighter bow, I'd choose whatever best fills the "hole" in my collection. Do you have another revolver already?

I just like how it looks.
I know the Memewave isn't practical but I'd have fun dressing it up.

The bow involves some research and homework. I forgot what my draw length is and have a few brands in mind.
Then gotta find the right arrows and such. And targets can be a pain.
Alternatively I shell out the money for a decent enough target to handle the 60lb bow

Also don't have another revolver.
I've got a 9mm is all. Comfortable with it and would be getting the 22 for plinking and fun.
Hence the old western SAO revolver I had chosen as my possible next purchase.

Attached: Untitled-1.jpg (798x1504, 1.14M)

Are there any wargames out there that accurately represent real life tactics and strategy on a tactical to operational level of war? Or are they all cheezy nerd shit to be isolated to a basement dwelling?

Attached: Tactics II board game.jpg (1200x630, 64K)

It’s a Yugo, an M98/48.

Is taurus still deserving of the hate they get? Why or why not?

What heat shield will fit the Mossberg 590 Shockwave in 12ga?

Ones that will fit on a 590a1, ones fitted for a regular 590 are too small

Is it okay to leave ammo in a car on a summer day. I know the shit doesn't just randomly blow up in iraq or other places hotter than the US but I have no clue what that heat tolerance is.

Can I attach accessories directly to the slots of a M-LOK or KeyMod rail system? Or do I have to get a little Picatinny rail and attach it to the slot?

Attached: 420 in the Zone.jpg (850x637, 82K)

Are PSA builds decent for a starter rifle?

Speaking of, I wonder if they have something I'd like in stock n--
>They're having a 4th of July sale
>They do have something I'd like
>I just bought a new gun and was planning not to spend any extra dosh for a while
FUCK.

There are many accessories that bolt on directly using M-LOK and Keymod screws. No one really uses the rail sections unless no direct attach version of the accessory exists.

the rear sight on my sks is tilted just slightly to the left. is this normal and will i still be able to get a good zero?

How do I know if an accessory can be attached directly to the slot?

Attached: Nice watch.png (1024x353, 761K)

How do I get Quickload without paying Mr. Shekelberg $150 for 20 year old software?

I don't know anything about plate carriers. Is this okay? cheaperthandirt.com/ncstar-plate-carrier-vest-size-med-to-2xl-nylon-green/FC-848754000712.html

Attached: 1529796491739.png (958x660, 16K)

It says keymod or mlok in the description of the product

No, read the pastebin in the gear queer thread

Accu-shot

Can anyone that's used one of these Mossberg +4 stocks comment on how they liked them?

Attached: 95035.jpg (700x700, 28K)

Is it ok to leave out my apartment number when filling out a 4473?

No one?

Attached: sad aesthetic.png (958x595, 335K)

Just carry it, everyone who's regularly in the area of a gun shop is used to seeing guns. Everyone in the area that gets offended by an upper can go die.

Ballistic advantage. Literally the same as Aero (same companies and parts) but at times they have different deals. They also have a cooler logo.

Go to the closest gun store and ask to look at an Aimpoint (specifically aimpoint, shit's bright as fuck) then crank it all the way to ten. Then down to 7 or 8(this being the minimum for daytime viewing). This is not only going to show you your astigmatism but also give you an idea of whether or not you can live with it.

Midway has some

the alphabet is difficult, isn't it

Get one on the 4th sale and absolutely

Not him, but since I already blew my gun money for the time being, what other holidays do they normally have sales for? I presume Memorial day, Black Friday and Christmas, but is there any time before that I can expect another good deal?

Heres a link to all their current promotions, and they usually do holidays like you mentioned, plus fathers day and labor day that I've seen.
palmettostatearmory.com/deals

>Labor day
Perfect, I should be able to stash the cash for half an AR by then. Thanks.

And also thanks to you. I wonder why the same company has two different brands aimed at the same part of the market if that's true, though.

Gotcha

Probably not. There's nothing majorly wrong with their recent designs. Still wouldn't trust a company that releases a dozen different handgun designs every year over the companies that perfect one design over the course of many years.
It won't blow up but it could spoil the ammo quicker and result in duds/poor reliability if it's a particularly hot day. Especially if it's humid. This is over the course of many months/years though, a couple days won't do anything.
It's not normal, but it's a common deformity. You should still be able to zero it fine.
shut the fuck up furry