What would be a nice cheap bolt action.308 rifle that I can larp as a sniper with?

What would be a nice cheap bolt action.308 rifle that I can larp as a sniper with?

Attached: 9825B3FE-156E-4F9C-A79E-0DA36BDBDC39.jpg (1155x1155, 62K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=HKdsx5rOk0A
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Savage Axis
Very cheap, shoots at about 1 MOA

T/C Compass
Very cheap, shoots at about 1 MOA

Tika T3X
Slightly less cheap but still modestly priced and shoots sub moa.

This this this. Tikka makes the most accurate rifles under $1000.

Can anyone beat Sako in the 1500 to 2000 usd price range? Weatherby maybe?

500-600$ Howa, plenty of models to choose from. All sub-MOA

I'd throw steyr in there.

Savage
Rustington
Bergara
Tikka

Howa Chassis Rifle or Savage Stealth

Mossberg Patriot

Attached: MB27923.jpg (792x235, 13K)

What is your definition of cheap?

For base entry model level, Savage Axis II
For mid level, Tikka T3 like said, or Howa H-S Precision
For up to $1k, Sako A7, Ruger Precision Rifle, or Remington 700 5R (if you're looking for maximum customization potential)

Bergara B14 HMR is the ticket
Pretty sure that in 7mm Mag will be my next gun

>unironically recommends R700
The trips are a lie
Ignore this faggit

He said CHEAP you elitist-liberal faggots. Go for Howa. Jap made 500-600 dollar models.

Noic3. I can't justify it because there's no ranger longer than 150m here so it'd be a waste

I just got this but it's not on sale anymore.

Attached: download_20190711_181859.png (1856x393, 65K)

Axis

I just realized I left Police out of the Remington 700 *Police 5R in so I don't know if you think I'm recommending a standard Rem700 action, but the Police 5R is the heavy barrel precision model manufactured in a different factory (much like the 870 Police Magnum) which does not suffer from the same quality issues as the normal models do. It's a good and accurate rifle for the price, and the aftermarket/customization options dwarf any other option.

I don't know. That's a lot of money for a rifle.

Damn. $500 for rifle AND scope? How shit is that scope? Paper towel tube painted black?

Not him, but what’s the issue with a Remington 700? I was thinking of getting one for hunting

Tikkas are insane value. Even at 1000$ bucks. I will have my t3x in 6.5 cm with a threaded 24” ss barrel and a silencer. Thats my dream gun. Next one will be a silenced tac 50. Im pretty much a pimp as you can tell.

Right now i have a savage which is best cheap value rifle

I heard r700s are as reliable as mayonaise on a hot summer day with yeast spinkled on top.
Americans suck at engineering guns in case you havent noticed. Look at century arms aks and shit. All the great guns come from superior iq european engineers

Attached: DE2E45DC-956A-4AE9-AC4A-E06F524065F4.png (500x567, 44K)

Im using century arms as an ex of shit american engineering.
Tikkas, glock, sig, all these great makers are european

I'm the guy who recommended the Rem 700 (Police 5R)
>what’s the issue with a Remington 700?
Nothing inherently. The "Remshit" meme comes from Remington being bought out in 2007 by Cerberus, from which point forward the company suffered a significant drop in quality and/or a signficant rise in quality control issues across the board (including the standard Rem 700 and variants)

Since that point, Remington products have suffered from poor craftsmanship, lower quality materials, poor performance, from the factory lemons, various other quality control issues, etc. What was once the gold standard for off the shelf bolt rifles effectively just fell from grace. There's nothing wrong with Remington 700s inherently, but modern production rifles would require an in person inspection due to these recent issues. Likewise, the increase in availability of similar rifles from other manufacturers, along with the overall increase in production quality in the last decade, has led to there being a vast array of acceptable alternatives at similar, or cheaper, price points which maintain the same base accepted standard of performance (1 moa guarantee).

tl;dr there's nothing wrong with Remington 700s outright, you just need to inspect new manufactured ones personally. There are also a ton of comparable alternate options from other retailers now.

Glocks and Sigs are all based on designs made by an American. They're examples of American engineering built by Europeans. Well Indians in Sig's case.

It's a Jow Forums meme and a way for Jow Forumsommandos to virtue signal and shit on Remington whenever it's suggested.

>Well Indians in Sig's case.
kek

Savage Hog Hunter

DT SRS A2 seems pimp, would buy one if I had a place to shoot past 200Y.

"Cheap" and "sniper larp-able" might be tough depending on what your definition of cheap is. If you want a $300 snipper riffle, The T/C Compass has been mentioned and would probably be your best bet.
If your idea of cheap is under $1000, Tikka T3x CTR runs right under 1k and I can HIGHLY recommend it.

Attached: Tikka & Cat.jpg (1697x722, 149K)

>Confirmed, lives in a trailer with an american flag on it.

European guns are to american guns as
Panzer tanks are to shermans.

Either the average american engineer is too stupid to be able to build something as reliable and long lasting as the europimps do, or they are too huge of a faggot to care.
Reliability is everything. Nobody cares that a porsche 959 was modeled after a 4 wheeled cart. The limiting factor is perfecting the design.

Ruger American. Get the scope bundle.

The high end older models are great. The budget older models and new models are not

whom is john moses browning

the regular ruger americans are around that price

I had a 26" 700 Police in 308 that I couldn't get to shoot under 1.5 moa with any factory or hand load I tried, and I tried for a solid 4 months with that thing. The old guy that taught me long range had an old model that was a tac driver, but it seems anything recent from Remington has been less than stellar.

AR10 with the gas tube removed

>M16 extractor
>Beefy integral recoil lug
>gas vent holes
>decent factory trigger
>consistent action

Get one with a heavy profile barrel in a chassis and you're good to go. Save up for a custom once you know you like the sport. Don't know why you wouldn't get 6.5CM if all you're going to be shooting is match grade factory ammo though.

youtube.com/watch?v=HKdsx5rOk0A

hell I have a 710 in .30-06 and it’s a shit rifle but it’s accurate as all hell

So does a used remington 700 with a scope for about 480 sound good? Especially if it’s older than the buyout?

probably yeah and you can always work on them the aftermarket is as big or bigger than glocks

Alternatively, should I quit being a faggot and just buy an AR with proper optics and hunting rounds?

I dunno. My brother bought one without a scope, put different one on. The gun was like $285 + tax/4473. It's pretty sweet. If you've handled a mossberg shotgun, you know how the polymer stock will feel.

What scope? If the rifle is in good condition (inspect it, specifically the action and barrel) and the scope isn't $30 Chinesium then yeah, that's a decent deal.

For the same amount of money you can get multiple new production alternatives that have been listed in this thread though.

How much of an improvement is Howa over a MVP Predator?

Significant, noticeable, and imo there's no reason to buy any model Mossberg when comparable Howa models will perform better for the same price.

My rec would be a Howa H-S Precision, only caveat is it goes for ~$650-$700. If you want to stay at the same price point as the MVP Predator ($~450-$500) then the 1500 Hogue model would be my choice.

Idk what kind of scope it was, though you could flip it to the side and use the irons, which seems kind of tacky. Idk I think I might just settle for an AR at this point

That seems odd since I thought Howa made the actions for the MVP series.

Vortex Crossfire ii 3-9x40mm, it's not going to blow you away or anything but it's definitely not a piece of shit either, but if you want to find glass on your own you can get a Patriot without any scope.

Savage Axis II Hardwood for the true patrician innawoods feel

Attached: savage.jpg (1350x700, 47K)

i got myself a mauser m18 and i really like it so far. i've been told that the ruger american is great aswell but i've never fired one.

Either one. And change out the stock for an aftermarket walnut, if you want the traditional look

Also, 3-9x40 scope. You can get them all day, at poorfag costs.

Ditto for Savage Axis, I love my sniper LARP gun

Attached: 981498984794.jpg (1804x1010, 341K)

Savage 110 nigga

Howa 1500's are relatively cheap and very customizable. The tikka is nice if you wanna spend more for a solid rifle, but it will be more basic than a cheap 1500. Also, to larp as a sniper you have to spend a lot on your scope

I like how you point out the model 700 being recommended, even though someone said savage axis. You're a meme-tier retard

>who is john moses browning
>john moses browning is whom
pick one faggot

Old model 700's are nice as fuck

the best bolt action rifles in the world are made in the US and you dont know any of the brand names do you?

nope

Bergara would give it a run for it's money I'm sure. Their premier series rifles cost the upper end of that range but are factory guaranteed .5 moa. I would also recommend to op the bergara b14. It's a modestly priced but great rifle

Attached: IMG_9765.jpg (775x500, 114K)

save up and buy one that has easy conversions into other calibers. Not only do you save money when you want to shoot another round, you can use the same glass. That's why I bought a DT SRS, expensive but the conversion swapping return to zero is incredible.

Cz 550 is a great value, with a Mauser style extractor and superb quality. You can still get one, I believe Buds Gun Shop is selling them in 308 right now for $523.

>$2000
yeah, you could nearly build your own rifle with a gunsmith and a ptg action for that much and have a really nice rifle better suited to exactly what you do.

Mossberg MVP scout takes 308 pmags and is cheap. I put a Vortex Viper PST 6-24x50 FFP on it and its pretty fun to shoot.

Attached: _20190410_130647.jpg (4000x1285, 806K)

from all the lesser costly options, howa 1500 in .308 with a 24" heavy barrel and a standard hogue stock will get you a sub moa rifle with an effective range for at least 600 m max. range.
most bang for the buck and still a good quality.

rem 700 with an arctic warfare stock for peak larp

Attached: remington.jpg (600x372, 50K)

Honestly pretty much all your 600+ buck modern rifles are going to be plenty good for literally anything. Just get a decent scope on it.

This.

A friend has one with a vortex 4-14 in 6.5 and I seen him hit 1,300 yards. Seen a little 7 year old kid hit 800 with it.

Or get mossburd mvp thunder ranch and cuss at everyone.

Orrrrrrr

Psa ar10 for $600. Sightmark 2.5-10 offset irons, streamlight protac, and cheap bipod.

get a tikka.
howa's are good but just get a barreled action from Brownell's or something. The shit Legacy puts on them is all trash that you'll take off anyway.

What is wrong with the axis?

I'm making mine, its a lot of work but worth the look

>larp
Lol, I get what you mean though.

I’ve actually been wanting to ask the same question. What’s Jow Forums‘s opinion on a Remington 788?

Savage Axis and Ruger American are decent. Savage was my first rifle and I got it for $250 with the scope a couple years back. RA is similarly priced.

Attached: BcXJQtQIYAAVaT8.jpg (600x450, 39K)

I"m looking for answers for this too.
I'd like a rifle thats very accurate, but could also shoot relatively cheap ammo that gets around 1moa.

Ive been debating between 308 and 6.5.
Which caliber do you all think could be shot cheaply and get at the very least 1moa?

Def savage

308 can easily be sub moa, but if ur a gucci fag go for 6.5
I forgot, get a primary arms scopento go with it, best quality per dollar. I recommend the acss reticle

Cheap ammo isn't sub-MOA.