Is practising hip fire even a good idea?

Is practising hip fire even a good idea?

Attached: suspicious.png (236x236, 27K)

Other urls found in this thread:

streamable.com/wpjje
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Yes

please do not post anymore

Define. Shooting from retention? Or shooting at distant targets from waist level without aiming.

The latter, think of Randy Stairs missing at targets less than 10m away

yes

That's fucking retarded, Cooper proved that shit was retarded and it was the foundation of all modern method pistol training.

Use your sights fucker

the majority of realistic scenarios you'd be using a gun on someone don't give you the time or motor skills to aim down sights, so yes
even if you do competition shooting you'd benefit from getting good with point shooting

Realistic scenario would be an ambush? Because other than that I don't see why someone would blank fire instead of properly aiming

Realistic being three shots within three seconds at three yards. If you need to use sights to hit a target within jumping distance, you should not be carrying a gun.

Ya

You are such a cock smoking shit brained fucking retard jesus fucking christ

>three shots within three seconds at three yards.
I can shoot three shots in 1.54 seconds, from CONCEALMENT at Seven yards, and I use my sights. Go learn to fucking shoot bitch tits nigger.

no
had a personal instructor tell me to practice it
hit the wall of the nra range when trying on my own
got kicked out

post guns right now or go back to playing roblox or whatever it is you kids do these days

Handgun rifle or shotgun?

all of your airsoft guns you retarded kike

What kind of retarded standard is that? Who developed it?
You're talking out of your ass, your low experienced, low skilled ass.

The rule of threes is based off a pile of civilian self-defense shootings. If you have data to refute a single point I've made, please post it.

Attached: 20190711_214000-1512x2016.jpg (1512x2016, 432K)

A showdown with Texas Red.

Attached: 20190711_214055-1512x2016.jpg (1512x2016, 370K)

>even if you do competition shooting you'd benefit from getting good with point shooting
You cannot miss fast enough to win. The one time I beat literally every other person in attendance at a stage, it looked like I was taking a leisurely stroll. The key was that I didn't fucking miss.

lol a brony, how surprising that this person is sperging out on Jow Forums

Wouldnt practice alot, but if you have access to the woods...ect. set up a run an gun thing in some ditches, run through aiming , then run through hip firing, 2 shots on each target.
Which did you do faster, which was more accurate.
Practice this a few times, at the worst youll get a jog in , at best youll get better at both.

You cleary have no experience drawing and shooting off a timer, at any distance, or you would realize how meaningless that combination of distance time and shots is.
I'm not mocking you for being an entry level shooter, I'm mocking you for the pulled out of your ass standards you are spouting as meaningful or vetted data

Attached: 20190711_214143-1512x2016.jpg (1512x2016, 931K)

Ohhh and then run it backwards just so its a diffrent path/route to make sure your just not learning where shit is.

See
Now post your guns dipshit

>You cleary have no experience drawing and shooting off a timer, at any distance, or you would realize how meaningless that combination of distance time and shots is.
That's because I'm not talking about competition shooting at steel circles, Jerry Niggerlick. I'm talking about self-defense shootings which typically happen why Jamal charges at you with a knife at the 7-Eleven.

Thst is one of the worst gun collections Ive ever seen, like crack dealer levels, but no mac or uzi..... you made bad purchases. Like horrid

Judging by your gun collection, I'd definitely pretend to be friends with you.

So suddenly I become 50x slower at shooting because it's self defense?

oof, that handwriting

Attached: 1560685892362.jpg (469x609, 38K)

Lol those guns are all pretty nifty. Where the fuck are (you)rs you fucking cunt

hipfiring isn't difficult, just do it at outdoor ranges, in any scenario when you have to use your gun you most likely wont need to ads because of how close in proximity you are to your targer, in the time it takes to ADS youll probably be shot if the target is armed

>I have been utterly BTFO but I'll just deflect by pretending skill doesn't exist in a violent encounter and everyone will suck as bad as me

Guess what, you just suck. We don't magically drop to your level under stress, you're just an incompetent fucktard.
And one shot per second is a pathetic fucking standard, especially if you're talking about a violent encounter

in retrospect i was a retard for trusting him

No, but the the majority of people who get into self defense shootings aren't spending all their NEETbux going to the shooting range and magdumping wildly into targets as fast as they can.
By all means, train up, just don't overestimate how quickly any realistic shooting scenario will start and finish.
How many shootings have you been in?

Lmao you look so fucking stupid, keep talking.

What other sage metrics defensive gun use do you have for us? Just shut the fuck up, you don't know about practical gun training or shooting off a timer, you don't have experience or education on this topic, you have your loud childish opion, shut the fuck up.

Wanna know how I know you're underage?

>No, but the the majority of people who get into self defense shootings aren't spending all their NEETbux going to the shooting range and magdumping wildly into targets as fast as they can.
I shoot a couple hundred rounds every two weeks at best and I can still shoot way faster than you. Get fuckin' good.

I dont post puctures of gear and ammo I own on a glowing website...
Suffice to say what is niffty in there?
Two of the worst reliability. 22lr's or the hipoint?an un comfortable shotgun?
Ill grant you the makorov is cool.
He has an ak mag hidden under his white board, but no ak?

I doubt that, but ok. Make sure you don't stay up too late tonight or else your parents might get mad :)

Does everyone now realize how stupid "post your guns" is as a retort? I'm not even taking a side, but this America, even total retards can own guns. You look like a fucking moron even trying it.

>How many shootings have you been in?
I've been held at gunpoint twice, once at work once at home. Didn't have a firearm on me at the time.

Yeah, I have incredibly bad handwriting

Nah, you don't gotta fake it, I just like letting others shoot them

Nope, not mlp, just a horse

>I doubt that
Doubt it all you want. I don't have to spend 3 seconds getting 3 shots on a target at 9 fucking feet lmao.

ah yes because the feds totally cant put two and two together with your online purchases, you sound like my boomer dad when he bought a mak-90 yet orders bricks of ammo online and then says not to talk about it because hes afraid of the feds like they dont know whats going on

>Is practising hip fire even a good idea?
The entire concept of "hip fire" doesn't even make sense. Even if you don't have time to bring up the sights properly for some reason, you should still at least be using the stock to steady your aim.

I'm sure you're great at airsoft honey! It's getting late though, alright? Make sure you hand mommy your cellphone before beddy-time!

Good one, way to address the single point I've been beating you over the head with, while you clumsily attempt to avoid your ignorant blunder.
That 3 shot 3 yards 3 seconds shit you said was all i needed to know about you, a statement like that is so wildly out of place with the training methodology of today. Again, shut the fuck up.

He literally said it first, I posted mine, now it's his turn.

AKMS is on floor out of frame, AK74 is behind door by AR, I've got an S&W 357 on the toilet....

Post your guns bitch

Colt 2000
Calico

C'mon you dont wana shoot em?

Absolutely this. Who the fuck is walking around with the their rifle at hip level like some kind of moron? Rifle is either at or close to your shoulder, or slung. Third options are stupid.

ok so you use a lot of daddy's money, so what?

where is your hi point carbine? everyone knows all comp shooters have one to flex on blaser niggas.

>I've been held at gunpoint twice so I now statistically make up the majority of self-defense shootings
lol ok dude
Still, not a single person has even posted an anecdote as to why my post might be remotely false. Strange, huh?

I actually do have a Hipoint 9mm carbine lol, just not at this house

>but no ak?
Here you go

Attached: 20190711_220242-3024x2268.jpg (3024x2268, 1.22M)

Sure thing 3 shot 3 yard 3 second guy
I'll get right on spoonfeeding you some of the basics of defensive gun use, clearly someone with such lofty intellect to come up with garbage like that would be receptove to real adult knowledge

Still not a single point being made to refute my post!

How about ten shots in ten seconds at TEN yards?

Definitely used my sights

Attached: 20190116_134253-1960x3362.jpg (1960x3362, 869K)

Dat problem solver though...

Damn, you really showed that paper circle what for! Did you file a police report afterwards or just flee the scene?

Thou shalt not take the name of the Lord thy God in vain.

You apologize to Jerry right now, shit-licker.

Nah, his daughter is a thot who cheated on her boyfriend and generally did scummy shit.

Gotta keep it real homes

Total drive by, just like your posting.
>He still thinks a shot a second at literally spitting distance is so hard it requires you to abandon your sights

Should be three shots in a second and a half from concealment or a duty holster

>He still thinks it's three shots in three seconds and not three shots or less in three seconds or less.
Yeah dude the statistics totally show everyone is shooting one shot per exactly one second down to the last nanosecond.

You literally gave those exact numbers. 3 shots, 3 yards, 3 seconds.

why's Jow Forums such garbage tonight?

There's nothing to refute, your only "point" was revealing how noguns you were by suggesting you can't use the sights at 3 shots, 3 yards in 3 seconds, and we have smashed that nonsense to death already, but if you want more.

Here's a 2.17 second Bill drill using the sights.

streamable.com/wpjje

Attached: 1501372409231.png (292x257, 142K)

>daddy's money
Wut? Only a couple of these guns even cost enough to save up for

>I don't own guns but I'll talk mad shit anyway

only thing in that picture that doesnt look like total ass is the garand

Still no argument in refute! Surprising! Drills on paper/steel targets don't count. The rule of threes applies to self defense shootings, where a person is actively engaging another human who seeks to harm the shooter. Jerry Miculek and whatever famous ISPC shooter can shoot god knows how many times in three seconds, but their drills against inanimate objects still aren't the majority of self defense shootings. I don't know why that's so hard for people like you to understand.
Yeah sure ok dude.
Still. No. Argument!

Considering it's part of the federal LE course of fire, yeah you should practice hip firing. Granted, when we do it we shoot from chest level, canted outwards. Because if you get into a physical altercation, you're not going to use your sights and punch out on someone 3 feet away from you

bro I practice dryhumping my pillow every night so I'm like super professional at fucking super hot girls dude trust me I can fuck 20 pussies a day

>got em

K. Post your guns.

>Drills on paper/steel targets don't count.
That's why you don't train right? Not because you don't own guns of course

Attached: mn4l8_1.webm (720x480, 1.86M)

your group is shit

it's a bill drill you fucking retard, not a group

>Drills on paper/steel targets don't count.
Says who?
>The rule of threes applies to self defense shootings, where a person is actively engaging another human who seeks to harm the shooter.
You don't suddenly become a novice shooter as an expert because someone is trying to kill you, literally the whole point of training is to make your skills work subconsciously.

seconded

You’re a fucking retard, don’t own any guns, and have likely never even held a real pistol, much less fired one. Go tell any reputable firearms instructor that you don’t need to use your sights, and see what their response is.

Hey is that a SEA ticket on your gun case there?
Hello fellow WA fag, fuck our state.

SPRAY AND PRAY WOOOO
lol retard

>point shooting isn't a thing

Keep going on about how "hi-speed lo-drag" you are. You'll never make up "THE MAJORITY OF SELF-DEFENSE SHOOTINGS" and you'll likely never be in a single self-defense shooting yourself. If you will be, have fun explaining to the judge that magdumping someone with a knife who's already dead on the ground in under 2 seconds was merely the result of "good training".
Drills don't count because paper doesn't shoot back or actively seek to harm you. Train all you want, but the fact of the matter is, the majority of people who don't train much and get themselves into a shooting end it pretty quickly with very few shots.
Cool, you still aren't arguing anything or giving any refuting evidence.

Alaska bro, sorry, just passing through. And you have my condolences.

No one teaches that shit, this isn't the 1970s.

Hip fire? No. Point shooting? Yes.

Hurts real bad

Attached: 1562525777681.jpg (392x395, 23K)

>THE MAJORITY OF SELF-DEFENSE SHOOTINGS"
Are people like you, sock fucking neets with an XD40 and zero range time in the last two years

I strive to be slightly above the average kiddo

>Drills don't count because paper doesn't shoot back or actively seek to harm you.
Literally what is your point? If someone is 3 yards from me trying to pull a gun out it's a race to the draw and you'll win by being fucking fast. 3 seconds for 3 shots is not fast, even including a draw.

Yeah bro totally no one's died from a gun before 1980 so why should we ever listen to anyone that isn't "xxXTACTICAL THOMAS TANKERXxx" on youtube?
Cool, you still won't change the statistics that include tens of thousands of other people.
Again, three shots in three seconds isn't literal. It's three shots or less in three seconds or less. Plenty of self defense shootings are simply one shot and it's over.

Are you retarded

I am truly sorry.

>Drills don't count because paper doesn't shoot back or actively seek to harm you.
This is why boxers don't use a bag and think people that do are fags.... wait..

>It doesn't matter what your skill is because everyone else sucks like me

Oh shit nigger did you have a fucking stroke? What kind of argument is that?

I thought common knowledge was dumping as many rounds as fast as you can? Maybe it will end in one shot but you don't want to stop to ask between rounds.

Show me one instructor teaching point shooting in 2019 that isn't Gunsite.

FLETC

Boxing is a hobby/sport, as is doing "tactical" drills where you shoot 3 shots, do an ollie on a mosin nagant, and shoot another shot from between your legs. Self defense shootings are much different from drills, as are bar fights between some drunkards compared to professional boxing.
I mean, you guys still aren't posting any evidence that remotely refutes the statistics I've claimed.
That is absolutely true, but the fact of the matter is, most people drop on the first shot. The rest drop in the other two. If they take more, they're high as fuck on PCP and are the absolute minority of shootings.

I don't see any reference anyone on their website that suggests they currently teach point shooting.