So I got this old magazine

I recently purchased this high clipacity sniper clipazine at a local gun store for $10. The floorplate is marked:

FN MFG INC.
COLUMBIA, SC
MFG CODE
3S679

A quick Google of the manufacture code turned up nothing useful, can anybody tell me anything about this magazine? I'm almost tempted to say it's been to Iraq and back, based on the look of it anyways.

Attached: Screenshot_20190712-013936.png (720x1280, 1012K)

Imb4 you get roasted

It's a used magazine, you lucky bastard.

I can't even bring myself to do it. It has to be bait. Nobody is this retarded, not even actual retards.

>Imb4 you get roasted
What crime have I committed officer?

SCAR 16/AR steel mag, not bad for $10 if it works.

The offense is newfaggotry.

Prepare your anus

its just a surplus gi magazine. they're not rare or anything. it could have quite possibly been overseas, or just used at some military base in the states for 20 years.

Not a big deal. We destroy those all the time when they get that old. All the green follower magazines are trash and aren't worth taking.

Haven't tested it yet but the feed lips aren't damaged in any way so it should work fine.

For those people who are freaking out, I know what FN is, what I want to know is does that mfg code have a year associated with it? Or is that not how that works?

>All the green follower magazines are trash and aren't worth taking.
Can I ask a serious question in a stupid thread? Why? I've used them for years and never run into problems with them. I've never even had to replace a spring. I understand they're not operator approved anymore but for target practice/fucking around innnawoods what's wrong with them?

Most USGI mags that I've seen that were used by the .mil have a date stamped on the side.

Attached: 20190711_213800.jpg (608x572, 116K)

I'll gladly take them, if I get problems, I toss a new spring and follower in.

Mine has no date stamped on it and the follower is black so it must just be a civilian mag someone did some hardcore larping with.

>black follower
Does it tilt? If so it may just be exceptionally old. If not it's just a civilian mag.

Do you live in Commifornia or Jew York? Hope you don't have a dog...

Attached: 1540955884194.jpg (215x215, 10K)

Big sticks are legal on the communist coast. for now anyway.

Attached: f0213c.jpg (900x1200, 205K)

no they're not you fucking fool. gov appealed.

yes they did. and the presiding judge's order enjoining the enforcement of the possession clause is still in effect until that appeal is ruled on.

FN never made or was contracted for magazines for the U.S military, so it's a commercial mag.

FN ships rifles to the military with Center Industries mags.

>and the presiding judge's order enjoining the enforcement of the possession clause is still in effect until that appeal is ruled on
no, it's not, they got an injunction

They are more likely to have follower tilt issues, causing a failure to feed at an inopportune time. If you're just fucking around, there's no reason to bother switching the follower.

Attached: 1487927600692.jpg (1800x1006, 241K)

The ATF doesn't enforce state laws you dumb cuck

Can you explain “use through attrition”?

Keep using them until they wear out and none are left.

It tilts.

I live in a free state.

Use it till it breaks, then replace it with the new stuff.

You can get new aluminum mags for $7