AR Modifications Post 2010

Why were there not as many options/accessible AR modifications prior to ~2010?

It seems like after 2010, and especially within the last few years, we have seen a huge increase in companies making affordable, intuitive AR parts.

>strike industries
>SB Tactical
>SLR Rifleworks
>Scalarworks
>reptilia
>clouddefensive

Was the technology just not there? Was there a big upswing in engineering and metalworks for some reason?

Attached: SLRRifleworks.jpg (500x500, 37K)

Barriers to entry were lowered. Plus the market was flooded.

>it takes a while to set up a company and get it going
>most of those you mention were set up post-sunset of the AWB
>ARs wildly increased in popularity post Obongo election because panic-buying
>Internet retailing and all of the required infrastructure to run an internet retailer weren't really a thing for anyone but the big guys until end of the '00s
And a few other reasons really

>Barriers to entry were lowered
how so?

>Plus the market was flooded
lol wut? I dont recall that much available prior to 2010. ARs were not nearly as able to be customized before that.

>intuitive AR parts
the fuck does that even mean?

Cheaper cnc machines are starting to hit the market. That's it.

Starting a machining business was easier with CNC machinery becoming more abundant so your average joe could get one. There were a fuck ton of ARs pre 2010, minuscule compared to today's standard, but after the AWB nonsense it was a metric fuck ton.

did realize ARs became much more popular after Obongo election. That makes sense

The internet point also makes sense. Ease of doing business online is drastically better than it was prior to 2010

>did realize ARs became much more popular after Obongo election. That makes sense
Obongo was the greatest rifle salesman in the history of rifles.

sure thing, new friend.

things like rail mods (MLok, KeyMod, etc), QD slings, battery assist device levers, an abundance of foregrip options, optic mounts...

should I keep going? turn your brain on

He also eased ups on some gun laws, made it so we can carry in places we couldn't before.

I would blame magpul. They started the quality cheap AR parts by getting investments, and making a good business decision, for expanding. Mold machines are expensive. And magpul was the trailblazer.

agreed, Magpul was a staple in this movement for affordable quality parts

Attached: magpul.jpg (225x225, 10K)

Was he, dare I say it ... based?

Attached: obama.jpg (526x504, 49K)

I dunno about that. He supplied auto and semi auto weapons to rebels who were fighting a tyrannical regime, turned around and said how the U.S. people don't need guns like that.

>lists random aftermarket parts
>no explanation of how "intuitive" applies to gun parts
Could you at least list some examples of "unintuitive" parts, so we can try to infer what the fuck you meant?

>turn your brain on
No u

ARs were cucked with the AWB, they ramped up in popularity in the years following it's cessation in 2004. This actually coincides pretty well with the rise of FPS games popularity, so you have kids/teens raised playing with them virtually, and when they turned 18 guess what they wanted to buy? So now you have a large market of people with the same gun with an attachment system, and easily changeable parts. These people are also the first generation to be born into "be unique, be yourself, you're special and you don't need to do anything to deserve that title", rather than push it during adulthood.

>he didn't start with an unintuitive foregrip on his ar to teach himself how to overcome every day operator problems
Kek. Bet you don't even load your 9mm guns with .380's to practice tactical charging.

This kind of modding became fashionable.

The fact that someone has to spell this out for you is SAD!

standard M4 handgard was virtually the only rail option, companies selling the same non-ambi mil spec charging handle over and over again, metal magazines only, A2 grips with those stupid finger groves

There wasnt a lot of other options out there. Are you trolling or srs?

So basically, you have no idea what "intuitive" means and just threw it in because you like big words?

Someone just got caught using fancy words he didn't actually know the meaning.

how dense are you?

Intuitive: adjective
"using or based on what one feels to be true even without conscious reasoning; instinctive."

If you dont think modern day AR parts/mods are intuitive, then you are probably some fudd who hates change and development even though its for the better

It's ok buddy, you had a little goof on the internet. It happens.

What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch? I'll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I've been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I'm the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You're fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that's just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little "clever" comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn't, you didn't, and now you're paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You're fucking dead, kiddo.

Once there's nothing left to innovate about a technology, people get bored. Then ricing accessories like everything you mentioned become what corporate pushes in order to stay revelant, so the consumer market is caught up with "NEEDING" the latest $60 charging handle because otherwise the gun industry would go under because of lack of tech improvements.

You know, as this pasta goes it was a very good usage of it.
Even though it's an oldie I fully endorse this usage and would like this user to know it got a chuckle out of me.

So you need to consciously reason about it to figure out how to use a metal magazine whereas with a plastic one you can just go with how you feel it should work and it does? No? Then it seems the meaning of "intuitive" is rather unintuitive to you.

You definitely don't know how to use that word