4-5 years ago

>4-5 years ago
>milfag on ex
>our coy has a HK417 in pelican case with full NV and all associated gear drop of the back of a truck
>no tracking devices or anything inside it
>middle of buttfuck nowhere australia
>some random camper finds it and turns it into the cops

Keep in mind aside from being mil property this weapon is ridiculously illegal in aus. What would you do if you where driving along a road with no other human nearby for hundreds of kms around you and saw this pelican case on the side of the road?

Also yes, or QM got fucking raped for this.

Attached: 1269388595131.jpg (600x782, 55K)

Am I in America or Australia?

If America, keeping that shit in a cache somewhere for cowabunga, maybe fuck around with the NV in a discreet manner (hunting, night shoots, etc)

If Australia, same, with zero expectation of ever using any of it. Maybe buy a boat and take it out to the ocean to shoot it once in a while.

But I would sure as fuck never tell anyone about it or try to sell any of it.

a story to add. One time my bn was at 29 Palms (fuckhueg USMC base in the mojave desert) a SSgt and Lt got both plate carriers, helmets, and the LTs M4 and M9 stolen from Camp Wilson.

We had just got back from a range and had the afternoon off, so everybody ordered pizza. It was strongly suspected one of the pizza guys stole them but none of it was ever found, turned in, or sold as far as we know.

And yes, it got really retarded for everybody for the next 24 hours after that, they even locked down the gates for several hours and started searching vehicles.

lel I love being apart of bn wide fuckups. once one of the guys in my plt lost his NVG. when that happens in aus that goes straight to the fucking PM. was a nice early end to our exercise. not for old mate who lost the nvg tho

If it were the US, I keep the NV qnd sell the rifle.

I'd do the opposite, probably. Assuming the lower was select fire, I'd bury that shit and enjoy the upper at a range. I'd sit on the NV for a while, then sell it.

Wow what a nation of fucking cucks. Anywhere else in the world except maybe the UK or Canada that rifle would have never been seen again.
I remember somewhere the army or the air Force I forget lost a fucking 249 on the road that was never recovered. If I found something like that, holy fuck I wouldn't be able to dig a hole in my backyard fast enough. Then I wait three or four years and then start stocking up on links and ammo and nutsacks for the impending boogaloo. Even something simple like an m4 as long as there was no one around I would snatch that shit up and flat foot it home and bury it bury it under my lawn

Essentially this, even though stealing is niggerish, stealing from the government is not.

Leave it to an Australian cocksmoke to make up some fantasy reddit-tier larp story. Fuck you OP, suck a gigantic dick

I like to think of it as reparations for the incomprehensible misappropriation of mine and everyone else's taxes for the past 50 or so years

ADFDF pls

I found a truck load of these just dumped in the woods once outside a military base

Attached: ph020-acu.jpg (640x480, 27K)

>Straight to the PM
OOF

For us, any loss of serialized gear goes only up to the combatant commander (usually a 4 star general). US military is so big and the army is so retarded the president would be getting daily briefs on how much shit we lose. I think he only gets notified if an aircraft goes down or we lose a nuke or something. It's still a very shitty day for whoever loses their shit though

When I was 16 me and a friend stole a humvee from an airforce base parking lot in our area.

The doors were locked but the hatch on top was open and my friend slipped in and I guess it was push to start because he twisted a nob and the thing started. We drove it around some neighborhoods for probably 30 ish mintues scared out of our minds, we ended up bringing it back, parking it exactly where we found it, and ran off

Also had a helicopter chase us once,

good times

Attached: 1562799459142.jpg (1080x1350, 234K)

It isn't mine? Is it clearly marked as belonging to someone else? Then I'd return it since I'm not a nigger.

Always remember, gear adrift is a gift.

If you're a taxpayer then yeah, you have a fairly valid claim to ownership as long as you steer clear of the court of law.

Imagine someone stole a bunch of your cash and used it to buy a car, then you seize the car. It might not be "yours" per se but it was purchased with funds taken from you via coercion. Soldiers don't own military equipment so stealing from the government isn't stealing from poor PVT Snuffy. Gear adrift is a gift bud, if PVT Snuffy was dumb enough to let his NODS fall off the back of a truck, well, finders keepers.

Honestly, I would assume it's a trap. GPS trackers are cheap and concealable enough that it'd be easy to hide it somewhere in the stash and while your story specifies there wasn't one, I'd have no way of knowing that as the finder. On top of that, nothing in that package except the NVGs is particularly valuable, since keeping it is a felony and I could just as easily drill a 3rd hole on an 80% lower if I wanted to be a felon...so the gun itself is worth 3-4k at most. So what are we left with here?

>Hot goods, can't sell them
>Can't ever show them off to friends
>Can't ever take them to a range where cops might congregate
>Can't keep it on your home premises without being a huge risk
>Not worth enough money to be worth risking jail time over

I would just turn it back in, maybe blow a couple mags if there was ammo with it and give them the old "I found it surrounded by empty brass." Keeping it does nothing for me, I already have several nice ARs and I make enough money that I could buy some NVGs if I really wanted them. Hell, even a full auto lower isn't THAT bad. Plus I know some broke ass enlisted kid will get buttfucked if they don't get it back. General rule is this - if you're going to potentially lose more time in jail than it takes you to make enough money to buy what you're stealing, it probably ain't worth stealing.

For some some reason, the guys in my old unit (lol security forces) would always leave their gear in the bed of their pickup trucks after work.
Everyone was told "don't leave your shit in the back of your truck when you go home.
One night I went through the dorm parking lot and grabbed up 4 interceptors with plates and helmets, and took them to my off base storage unit.
Sold/traded them after I got out.

That was the Air Force 91st security forces at Minot.
They also lost a case of 40mm grenades.
Them Damn north dakota potholes.

>Melt lower
>Wait for commotion to die down
>Sell legal parts for cash at funshow
>Enjoy the rest of your life knowing you stuck it to the man just a little bit

Do you even Jow Forums?